Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 19921 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2023, 04:10:17 pm »
It pretty much HAS to be that was because the DNC and their RINO pals always band together to torpedo anything pro-American any first term Republican President tries to accomplish. For them,it is ALWAYS about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" and not what is best for America.

They do that to any conservative President, regardless of whether it is their first or second term.  And traditionally, two-term Presidents generally get more accomplished in their first term than in their second.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2023, 04:32:11 pm »
They do that to any conservative President, regardless of whether it is their first or second term.  And traditionally, two-term Presidents generally get more accomplished in their first term than in their second.

As much as I dislike Romney, he was incredibly right on one matter.

That 47% he cited that are dependant on the left hind teat of the Fedzilla Hog are not going to want to lose those entitlements. And it is near impossible to beat an electorate with a base like that. 

That is why we may never see another Republican, much less a conservative as president.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2023, 04:36:32 pm »

That 47% he cited that are dependant on the left hind teat of the Fedzilla Hog are not going to want to lose those entitlements. And it is near impossible to beat an electorate with a base like that. 

That is why we may never see another Republican, much less a conservative as president.

It will probably have to get really bad for there to be a change. We already have the two top tier candidates for both parties, Trump and Biden, already promising to spend more.

And even though Romney was right, saying it out loud, got him in trouble.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 04:41:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2023, 04:47:22 pm »
@LMAO

The rest of you are clueless fools for thinking you can keep doing the same thing over and over (voting for career political insiders) and get different results.

Again, if you wanna keep voting for the same politicians that help put us in this unsustainable debt and this inflationary mess, be my guest

Me? I prefer candidates that have at least a basic understanding of mathematics

And, sorry to inform you, despite your insistence, Trump did not inherit all the spending from Obama that he couldn’t do anything about. Stop making him into a victim.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2023, 05:00:44 pm »
Again, if you wanna keep voting for the same politicians that help put us in this unsustainable debt and this inflationary mess, be my guest

And, sorry to inform you, despite your insistence, Trump did not inherit all the spending from Obama that he couldn’t do anything about. Stop making him into a victim.

And sadly, Trunp at least early on in the '16 campaign stated he would address the deficit.....   

Wow, were we ever duped.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2023, 05:02:49 pm »

And the fact that  Trump's lackeys have  filed a campaign ethics complaint against DeSantis this early, is all you really need to know about DJT.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2023, 05:06:44 pm »
And the fact that  Trump's lackeys have  filed a campaign ethics complaint against DeSantis this early, is all you really need to know about DJT.

Yeah, that was pretty comical

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2023, 05:18:38 pm »

No question about that.  It is almost impossible to reverse any entitlement once it is in place.  The only real success I can think of in that regard was welfare reform in the early 90's.  But it may be too late for that now.  The "gimme's" may well outnumber the rest of us at this point.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2023, 05:55:25 pm »
If he wants to vote for the same big spending politician  that helped get us into this inflationary mess, then that’s his right

The rest of us will choose otherwise

YEP. And i will certainly choose otherwise - The thing folks don't understand is that the very same big government that is over us now, is the very same big government that Tumpy presided over.

LITERALLY the very same thing.

What I am looking for is someone who will slash and burn, and make the government substantially smaller, so the next time the Democrats get it, it is less powerful than the last time.

Less money nearly evenly means less powerful, and that is a suitable bellwether.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 05:56:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2023, 06:00:25 pm »
@LMAO

The rest of you are clueless fools for thinking you can keep doing the same thing over and over (voting for career political insiders) and get different results.

@sneakypete

The thing that is being done over and over is big government. Doesn't matter which side.

Don't come after small government Conservatives (the only kind there are), who are the ONLY ones trying to curb the beast.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2023, 06:02:21 pm »
@sneakypete

The thing that is being done over and over is big government. Doesn't matter which side.

Don't come after small government Conservatives (the only kind there are), who are the ONLY ones trying to curb the beast.

Small government conservative?  As far as on the legislative level, that animal is about extinct.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2023, 06:34:14 pm »
Small government conservative?  As far as on the legislative level, that animal is about extinct.

So it seems... Which is why I will vote for so few.
They are spending my great-grandchildren's liberty, treasure, and legacy,

And nobody gives a damn.
How can that be?
The bastards are robbing us blind.  And folks vote for MORE.  9999hair out0000

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2023, 06:40:22 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

True,but whoever gets elected as president next will be facing problems even worse that faced FDR when he was elected,and look at what FDR did/had to do (I have no idea if all of this was "dream" or something he was forced to do by the situation he faced) in order to get America back on her feet again.

And make no mistake about it,if our next President is a Dim or a RINO,America WILL face total bankruptcy.

Truth to tell,I think the actual plan is to bankrupt the entire free world so the international banking families can take over control of the whole world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2023, 06:41:58 pm »

@catfish1957

Sadly,you are probably right on that unless we get VERY lucky and elect a President and Congress that isn't afraid of "throwing political bombs".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2023, 06:45:43 pm »

@LMAO

BullBush! Granted,he didn't do as much as he could have if he had the staff he needed to support him and keep him advised on what was going on,but he did the best he could do against an entrenched Dim and RINO enemy.

I suspect he has learned his lessons now about who he nominates/hires to advise him and keep him up to date,plus since he will be a "One Termer",so he won't have to "play nice" with the weasels in Congress.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2023, 06:47:43 pm »

@catfish1957

Wassa madda,little boy?

Did someone hurts your feelings by defending themselves against DeSantis?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2023, 06:48:26 pm »
@LMAO

BullBush! Granted,he didn't do as much as he could have if he had the staff he needed to support him and keep him advised on what was going on,but he did the best he could do against an entrenched Dim and RINO enemy.

I suspect he has learned his lessons now about who he nominates/hires to advise him and keep him up to date,plus since he will be a "One Termer",so he won't have to "play nice" with the weasels in Congress.

I figure at some point, you’ll exhaust all the ridiculous excuses

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2023, 06:49:55 pm »
No question about that.  It is almost impossible to reverse any entitlement once it is in place.  The only real success I can think of in that regard was welfare reform in the early 90's.  But it may be too late for that now.  The "gimme's" may well outnumber the rest of us at this point.

@Maj. Bill Martin

That,and all the "gimme more!" votes from illegals was what the open border fights were all about. The Dims wanted these people in the country because they KNEW they would be dependent on the government for several years at a minimun,and would vote Dim.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2023, 06:52:37 pm »
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

Yeah,trying to curb it by working frantically to try to make sure the ONLY candidate running that would be in a situation where he MIGHT be able to cure it,doesn't get elected.

What a CLEVER plan! It's like shooting yourself in the foot before entering a dance contest.

@

Offline LMAO

« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2023, 06:59:20 pm »
@roamer_1

Yeah,trying to curb it by working frantically to try to make sure the ONLY candidate running that would be in a situation where he MIGHT be able to cure it,doesn't get elected.

What a CLEVER plan! It's like shooting yourself in the foot before entering a dance contest.

@

He’s not even running on reducing the size of the federal government or controlling spending. In fact, he’s running on doing the opposite.

Should he get the nomination, the only difference between him and Biden when it comes to spending is their party labels

Trump left office with nearly $8 trillion added onto an already unsustainable debt that he inherited. That’s not an endorsement for giving him another term.

If you want to vote for him and he’s your guy, that’s your business. But quit trying to change history.

I’m not a big government, big spending populist. My political philosophy is best reflected by my Barry Goldwater quote in my tag line.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 07:02:39 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2023, 07:09:50 pm »

Trump will not cut spending.  He had four years, and it didn’t happen.  But even if he were the person you imagined, he first would need to win the general election.  What Biden states will Trump flip, and what makes you think he will hold all of the ones he carried in 2020?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2023, 07:12:54 pm »
Trump will not cut spending. 

He’s already making it clear he has no desire to do it. No to any entitlement reform and now no to dumping ethanol subsidies.

I am bracing myself for when he promises universal healthcare

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2023, 08:58:45 pm »

Did someone hurts your feelings by defending themselves against DeSantis?

You keep saying that @sneakypete
DeSantis did nothing that I know of against Tump.
Tumpy just came out talking smack - For no reason. A YEAR early.
Likely because he can feel that DeSantis can kick his ass.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2023, 09:02:45 pm »
@roamer_1

@

Total bullcrap!

The RECORD denies you. Tumpy did nothing toward smaller government. NOTHING at all.In fact the opposite is true @sneakypete . He GREW government exponentially.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2023, 09:16:21 pm »
@LMAO

What were the steps he took to reduce the deficit?  I mean, even if they didn't pass, what were Trump's concrete proposals to do that?

plus since he will be a "One Termer",so he won't have to "play nice" with the weasels in Congress.

I didn't see him do that the first time around.