Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 19586 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2023, 05:12:55 pm »
:mauslaff:

Such dutch courage.

I love how easily entertained you are --- like a toddler.  It's rather endearing   happy77

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2023, 05:14:32 pm »
Guess again, Sparky.  Here's my original post:

BTW, it also does DeSantis no favors to whine ad nauseam that his opponent is being too mean to him.  This only makes it even more difficult to believe RDS is ready to be the leader of the free world and a viable threat to the rest of it.  Just thought you should know.

Exactly.  I then directly refuted your contention that DeSantis had "whine[d] "ad nauseum" by saying:

And as an aside, DeSantis hasn't once stated that Trump has been too mean to him, much less "whined ad nauseum".

But rather than producing any evidence that DeSantis had "whined ad nauseum", you then ignored the point that DeSantis had never said that, and instead deflected that point by accusing ME of whining, which wasn't your original point at all:

YOU are the one whining ad nauseam ------ It's starting to splatter all over DeSantis, and this not Tiny D's best look.  Just thought you'd want to know.

And there it is.  You start off by accusing DeSantis himself of whining ad nauseum about Trump being "too mean", and then when it's pointed out that DeSantis hasn't done that, you then attack another poster personally.  The nice thing about it was how it was so transparent, and everyone else in the thread saw it immediately.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:50:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2023, 05:19:11 pm »
For one, that you're a liar.

Constitutionally incapable of being honest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2023, 05:26:51 pm »
@Hoodat

Why bother to answer your dumb-ass question when you already know the answer,and just want to get rid of the "Rude Orange Man".

@sneakypete

The "dumb-ass question" was a direct query to the dumb-ass comment you made about DeSantis stabbing Trump in the back.  YOU made the comment.  I merely asked for you to identify an instance where DeSantis had done that.  I asked because I could not come up with a single instance myself.  And since YOU were the one making the claim, I figured you would know.

It is now crystal clear that you do not.  It is also clear that the claim you made is completely devoid of truth or substance.  In other words, it is a complete fabrication - or more accurately, a lie.  Yet instead of you acknowledging that there is no truth to the claim, you continue to cling to it with dumb-ass responses like the one you just made.  But I am willing to give you another chance.  So for the fifth time, I ask you to support your claim.  How did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2023, 05:31:41 pm »
@sneakypete

The "dumb-ass question" was a direct query to the dumb-ass comment you made about DeSantis stabbing Trump in the back.  YOU made the comment.  I merely asked for you to identify an instance where DeSantis had done that.  I asked because I could not come up with a single instance myself.  And since YOU were the one making the claim, I figured you would know.

It is now crystal clear that you do not.  It is also clear that the claim you made is completely devoid of truth or substance.  In other words, it is a complete fabrication - or more accurately, a lie.  Yet instead of you acknowledging that there is no truth to the claim, you continue to cling to it with dumb-ass responses like the one you just made.  But I am willing to give you another chance.  So for the fifth time, I ask you to support your claim.  How did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?

Why are them two so incapable of answering questions?

They throw out unsubstantiated claims and/or provable falsehoods and then they blame others for calling them out

I have a couple relatives on the left of the political spectrum that repeat well rehearsed talking points. But when force to defend their positions beyond those points, they lash out similarly
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:40:43 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2023, 05:51:51 pm »
@sneakypete

His honest answer probably would be "he has stabbed Trump in the back by refusing to say he won't run in 2024, and rather obviously preparing to do exactly that."  I don't quite understand why he doesn't just say that, though.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2023, 05:55:54 pm »
Constitutionally incapable of being honest.

Thanks for the correction!

:silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2023, 05:57:53 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

What is disingenious is when we as conservatives all rallied around the flag for Mr. Trump during his tenure, all was fine in your eyes.   But now, when there are some decent alternatives in '24, we are seeing the same 2016 slimeball Stone/Pecker shit tactics starting  all over again.  And you are helping stoke the fires already.

ME?  Do you not read the shit you've posted these past months about Trump and his supporters?  You've the absolute right to post your opinions and preferences.  But, in the name of God I'm begging you to please STOP grousing at any pushback.

So don''t give me that shit about expecting us to wilt in deference to another Trump term.

I don't give a damn who you support or who you vote for ---- that's up to you. I also don't give a damn who your "us" is.

I do care that other Briefers and guests not walk away with the impression that everyone agrees with what the anti-Trump contingent posts over and over and over again.  I do care that Politico, The Hill, The Lincoln Project and MSNBCDNCNN not become scripture around here.

I will not apologize for this @catfish1957 ---- 

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2023, 06:09:35 pm »
ME?  Do you not read the shit you've posted these past months about Trump and his supporters?  You've the absolute right to post your opinions and preferences.  But, in the name of God I'm begging you to please STOP grousing at any pushback.

I don't give a damn who you support or who you vote for ---- that's up to you. I also don't give a damn who your "us" is.

I do care that other Briefers and guests not walk away with the impression that everyone agrees with what the anti-Trump contingent posts over and over and over again.  I do care that Politico, The Hill, The Lincoln Project and MSNBCDNCNN not become scripture around here.

I'm taking my ball and I'm going home!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2023, 06:11:13 pm »

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2023, 06:45:50 pm »
Trump is psychologically  collapsing. Everyone outside his base can see it even if they don't

But, he will probably be the nominee and go on to loose to Biden or whoever the Democrats run. We just have to  make sure we keep our small House majority

That's probably right - Except in that the 'psychological collapse' has been there all along.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2023, 06:51:52 pm »
@sneakypete

[...] DeSantis is already governor of the third most populous State in the country.  There is no "name recognition boost" that Trump could give him.

AND he made his own bones as a very, VERY successful governor.

Please cite something that actually happened instead of making shit up on the fly.  Something that would constitute a betrayal of some sort, i.e. a backstabbing.

It ain't there.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2023, 06:55:03 pm »
If Rand Paul would run, I'd be exceptionally happy.

A shoo-in for me. Rand can write his own ticket, and I will back him. He walks the walk.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2023, 06:56:33 pm »
A shoo-in for me. Rand can write his own ticket, and I will back him. He walks the walk.

I was a big supporter of his father
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2023, 06:57:18 pm »
Have you ever wondered why Republicans candidates lose elections @debrawiest ?    In large part it's because Republicans allow their opponents to not only define them, but also allow their opponents to blatantly rewrite their own hagiographies. Trump doesn't play this game; never has.  Eveyone knows this.

That's funny right there @Right_in_Virginia ...

Because that is what Tumpy is doing ... TO Desantis.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2023, 07:03:15 pm »

On “Truth Social,” their wild claims are not challenged

Here, they are.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 07:13:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2023, 07:06:20 pm »

And there it is.  You start off by accusing DeSantis himself of whining ad nauseum about Trump being "too mean", and then when it's pointed out that DeSantis hasn't done that, you then attack another poster personally.  The nice thing about it was how it was so transparent, and everyone else in the thread saw it immediately.

Brother, we may not always agree. But I love havin you around.
Your arguments are ironclad.

KUDOS.
 :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2023, 07:11:12 pm »
I was a big supporter of his father

Not me. I was not in the Paul camp. But always mad respect, at least nationally. I am not far off from him in foreign policy... but that's where the rub was.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2023, 10:04:42 pm »
Don't run away @massadvj   You wanted my attention and you've got it. Time for you to man up and explain yourself.

I think it reveals that you are very passionate about your politics.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2023, 10:44:22 pm »
I haven't heard any of that, either.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Nor have I,but I don't follow this stuff as closely as I used to.

Then again,if DeSantis was really  slamming Trump hard,the media would be making tv specials out of it. They would kill for something like that to happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2023, 10:48:52 pm »
When did you become so absurdly disingenuous @catfish1957 ?

@catfish1957

@Right_in_Virginia

When it began to look like Trump might take the nomination away from his/their favorite career Republican.

I have no idea why these people seem to think they can get change by voting for the same professional party  people every election.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2023, 10:52:37 pm »
Why are them two so incapable of answering questions?

They throw out unsubstantiated claims and/or provable falsehoods and then they blame others for calling them out

I have a couple relatives on the left of the political spectrum that repeat well rehearsed talking points. But when force to defend their positions beyond those points, they lash out similarly

@LMAO

Speaking only for myself only,go eat Elephant feces like a good little troll. It will prepare you to vote for whatever RINO the alleged Republican Party falls behind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2023, 10:55:39 pm »
His honest answer probably would be "he has stabbed Trump in the back by refusing to say he won't run in 2024, and rather obviously preparing to do exactly that."  I don't quite understand why he doesn't just say that, though.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Probably because he doesn't really need to do that. After all,he is/will be a badge-wearing Party Candidate,not a rude orange outsider with money and an ego so big he can't be bought. As such,DeSantis can be counted on to "carry the ball" for the alleged Republican Party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2023, 10:58:00 pm »

@Kamaji

Excellent post.

Too many Republican Party regulars are busy right now  trying to derail a candidate who MIGHT beat the DNC machine,and ignorning the fact they might be shooting the RP in the foot while doing it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2023, 11:00:14 pm »
That's funny right there @Right_in_Virginia ...

Because that is what Tumpy is doing ... TO Desantis.

@roamer_1

Yeah,and he is also rude,orange,and stinking wealthy!

The FIEND!