Author Topic: Swing State Democrats Silent as Biden Considers Border Policy They Opposed Under Trump  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Swing State Democrats Silent as Biden Considers Border Policy They Opposed Under Trump

John Binder 2 Apr 2023

A group of swing state Democrats, all up for re-election in 2024, are staying silent as President Joe Biden considers implementing an enforcement policy at the United States-Mexico border that they once opposed under former President Trump.

Last month, reports circulated that Biden is considering reviving a Trump-era policy that saw adult border crossers detained along with the migrant children they arrive with.

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1633118871094796288

In 2018, when the Trump administration was proposing a federal regulation to allow for indefinite detention of adult border crossers and the migrant children they arrive with, Sens. Bob Casey (D-PA), Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) joined other Senate Democrats to denounce the practice.

“This proposed rule is an embarrassment to our great nation and the American people,” the Senate Democrats wrote of the Trump rule, also calling it “morally wrong” and “inconsistent with fundamental values.”

Now that Biden is reportedly considering a similar policy at the border, a number of Senate Democrats have written to the administration urging officials to drop the idea. Casey, Baldwin, and Brown along with Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Jon Tester (D-MT) did not sign the letter.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/02/swing-state-democrats-silent-biden-considers-border-policy-they-opposed-under-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Border control under the Brandon administration?  Doubtful. Too many DEM votes at stake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Politics and organized religion are hotbeds for in your face hypocrisy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy