Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He Won’t Self-Fund General Election Campaign  (Read 8038 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-wont-fund-general-election-campaign/story?id=38887648

Donald Trump is now the all-but-inevitable Republican nominee and he’s started his first day by announcing he will renege on one of the core tenants of his campaign. He announced this morning on "Good Morning America" that he would accept “small contributions,” and he is now telling the Wall Street Journal that he won’t be entirely self-funding his campaign.

“I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding, as I did during the primaries,” Trump told the WSJ.

A campaign official confirmed to ABC News, as first reported by the WSJ, that Trump will tap into his vast personal Rolodex to shore up his campaign so that it will be able to compete in a general election.

The official went on to say that the campaign will likely operate on a business model that is less expensive than traditional campaigns. Trump also announced on NBC that he hopes to raise $1 billion, working in conjunction with the Republican National Committee.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump Says He Won’t Self-Fund General Election Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:04:41 am »
If Trump takes any RNC money (taxpayer money), he is limited to $50,000 of personal funding. 

So Trump's off the hook on the self-funding thing, which we all know was nothing but a bunch of bullshit from the beginning.  He lied about self-funding; he will repay the "loans" he made to his primary run from taxpayer funds, and will have his tin cup out, hoping some of his mob connections and other goombahs will put up a few shekels. 

I'm amazed that the Trumpkins will just sit and be so blatantly lied to, and line up to sniff Trump's shorts yet again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:08:49 am »

stuart stevens
‏@stuartpstevens stuart stevens Retweeted Robert Costa

Trump: "Do I want to sell a couple of buildings and self-fund? I don’t know that I want to do that necessarily."

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:10:34 am »
If Trump takes any RNC money (taxpayer money), he is limited to $50,000 of personal funding. 

So Trump's off the hook on the self-funding thing, which we all know was nothing but a bunch of bullshit from the beginning.  He lied about self-funding; he will repay the "loans" he made to his primary run from taxpayer funds, and will have his tin cup out, hoping some of his mob connections and other goombahs will put up a few shekels. 

I'm amazed that the Trumpkins will just sit and be so blatantly lied to, and line up to sniff Trump's shorts yet again.

Some of the women (from another website) have offered to pay to have his baby. So there's that...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:12:54 am »
Nothing to see here folks. Just move along.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 01:18:28 am »
I'm still waiting for proof he actually self-funded his primary campaign like he claimed.

His FEC filings show he only loaned (key) a percentage to his campaign, the rest of it came from donors like any other candidate.  Loan is a key word here because those loans have to be paid back to Trump, from donors or he'll run afoul of campaign finance laws. It can be paid back with interest to. So he isn't really self-funding, he is using his campaign as an investment vehicle.

But that's not all. Because he refused to release personal financial documents, we really don't know where that money came from. Joe Schmoe could have been giving him personal donations far in excess of campaign finance limits and then Trump turns around and 'loans' that money to his campaign. Just like the Charlie Trie issue w/ China donating to Bill Clinton, the self-financing ruse could just be a way to get around donor disclosure laws.

Oh, and if you want even more interesting revelations, check out his FEC filings.. did you know Trump pays himself a salary from his own campaign?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:19:15 am »
Some of the women (from another website) have offered to pay to have his baby. So there's that...

Depending on how they look, he might oblige. He's done it before.

Do you realize we missed the birth of the 5th Mrs. Trump last Friday?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:23:13 am »

Do you realize we missed the birth of the 5th Mrs. Trump last Friday?

No, I missed that. LOL!!!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:25:56 am »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-wont-fund-general-election-campaign/story?id=38887648

Donald Trump is now the all-but-inevitable Republican nominee and he’s started his first day by announcing he will renege on one of the core tenants of his campaign. He announced this morning on "Good Morning America" that he would accept “small contributions,” and he is now telling the Wall Street Journal that he won’t be entirely self-funding his campaign.

“I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding, as I did during the primaries,” Trump told the WSJ.

A campaign official confirmed to ABC News, as first reported by the WSJ, that Trump will tap into his vast personal Rolodex to shore up his campaign so that it will be able to compete in a general election.

The official went on to say that the campaign will likely operate on a business model that is less expensive than traditional campaigns. Trump also announced on NBC that he hopes to raise $1 billion, working in conjunction with the Republican National Committee.

there is no reneg, nothing but Cruz camp lies, Trump has never promised to self fund anything but the Primary, He has repeated this many times in rallies. I challenge all the all the nevertrump people to prove where he promised to self fund the general.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 01:28:18 am »
And who would be dumb enough to donate money to a billionaire? Not many people I know. His supporters are probably broke, mostly, and even they're not that dumb.

Yeah, HIllary's gonna bend Trump over like a little bleep.

Every day there's a little more evidence that Trump hasn't thought this out and his heart really isn't in it. I wonder when he'll drop out?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 01:31:25 am »
there is no reneg, nothing but Cruz camp lies, Trump has never promised to self fund anything but the Primary, He has repeated this many times in rallies. I challenge all the all the nevertrump people to prove where he promised to self fund the general.

In reality he hasn't even self funded the primary.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 01:34:15 am »

“I know the best people, and I’m totally self-funding my campaign so I don’t have to take donors and special interest people and lobbyists.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnqgejKIVM

He lied!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:35:55 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 01:36:19 am »
In reality he hasn't even self funded the primary.
Really? So you can name his mega donors and PACS? Oh right, he uses small donors and his own money not the Gay Billionaires like Cruz used. And yes there were not enough supporters to fund the 7 million he blew in Indiana.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/politics/at-new-york-reception-ted-cruz-is-said-to-strike-different-tone-toward-gays.html

https://www.texastribune.org/2012/07/03/ted-cruzs-gay-billionaire-donor-draws-criticism/

Unless you can show similar you have no rebuttal and nothing to support the position you took.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 01:36:52 am »
“I know the best people, and I’m totally self-funding my campaign so I don’t have to take donors and special interest people and lobbyists.”

Is this another one of Trump's "Truthful Hyperboles"? Aka lies...

And like Trump his supporters don't have to tell the truth either. That's optional.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 01:37:13 am »

He lied!

He did not lie.

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 01:38:12 am »
He did not lie.

YOu're as dishonest as you are on IRC.

Offline gorush

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 01:42:39 am »
He did not lie.
Just curious, who's paying you and how much are you getting?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 01:45:00 am »
He did not lie.
I must have misheard him.  Did he say "I'm not TOTALLY self-funding my campaign?"

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 01:48:28 am »
Just curious, who's paying you and how much are you getting?
Better question is who is paying the Nevertrump people. Since the Cruz money dried up yet the BS still flows. Now as to me, I am a free agent, with a lot of college and experience dealing with Ivy League lawyers and their deception games. I could get paid if I wanted too. But this is for fun.

Offline gorush

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 01:48:56 am »
You got me there...he didn't say totally. My bad.  :silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 01:48:57 am »
He did not lie.

If he didn't lie there as you claim, then he lied on his FEC filings.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 01:51:50 am »
I must have misheard him.  Did he say "I'm not TOTALLY self-funding my campaign?"
its not a lie, he is self-funding the primary with his own funds. He is not taking Lobbyists big donors special interests like all the others including Cruz are. They are loans from his business. Small donors are helping but they are ONLY small donors. Not like the other 16 had funding them. So its a legit claim

Offline gorush

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 01:52:42 am »
Better question is who is paying the Nevertrump people. Since the Cruz money dried up yet the BS still flows. Now as to me, I am a free agent, with a lot of college and experience dealing with Ivy League lawyers and their deception games. I could get paid if I wanted too. But this is for fun.
I don't know the answer to your "better" question. But thanks for the enlightening bio.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 01:53:10 am »
If he didn't lie there as you claim, then he lied on his FEC filings.
His FEC filing was his Business financial statement. So you got nothing with that.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 01:54:11 am »
The dirty little secret of the Trump's victory is that there are few large donors who are willing to pony up for a billionaire who's spent the last nine months trashing them in his campaign, calling them "Special interests" and "greedy." 

So now Trump is going to have to go beg.  And political begging involves a "quid pro quo." 

You give me money, I give you something.

This hypocritical sonofabitch is no different from any other politician running for office. He takes their money, he's going to have to dance to their tune.  Otherwise, he'll starve.