Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He Won’t Self-Fund General Election Campaign  (Read 8041 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Donald Trump Says He Won’t Self-Fund General Election Campaign
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 01:55:13 am »
The dirty little secret of the Trump's victory is that there are few large donors who are willing to pony up for a billionaire who's spent the last nine months trashing them in his campaign, calling them "Special interests" and "greedy." 

So now Trump is going to have to go beg.  And political begging involves a "quid pro quo." 

You give me money, I give you something.

This hypocritical sonofabitch is no different from any other politician running for office. He takes their money, he's going to have to dance to their tune.  Otherwise, he'll starve.

Can I ask who in their right mind would donate money to a billionaire?

Offline gorush

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 01:55:59 am »
its not a lie, he is self-funding the primary with his own funds. He is not taking Lobbyists big donors special interests like all the others including Cruz are. They are loans from his business. Small donors are helping but they are ONLY small donors. Not like the other 16 had funding them. So its a legit claim
That answer seems like complete obfuscation, this article is about his campaign in the future where he said “I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding, as I did during the primaries,” Trump told the WSJ.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 01:59:14 am »
That answer seems like complete obfuscation, this article is about his campaign in the future where he said “I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding, as I did during the primaries,” Trump told the WSJ.
Yes and so what? he did use his own money to fund the primary and still is. Democrats have a Billion dollar war chest for the general. He wants the GOP to pony up for their own self interest in the general. This is a dumb nothing burger from the NeverTrump crowd.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 02:02:12 am »
Really? So you can name his mega donors and PACS? Oh right, he uses small donors and his own money not the Gay Billionaires like Cruz used. And yes there were not enough supporters to fund the 7 million he blew in Indiana.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/politics/at-new-york-reception-ted-cruz-is-said-to-strike-different-tone-toward-gays.html

https://www.texastribune.org/2012/07/03/ted-cruzs-gay-billionaire-donor-draws-criticism/

Unless you can show similar you have no rebuttal and nothing to support the position you took.

He took out loans from himself which will be repaid by donations. Trump really is the Lying King.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:11 am »
Some of the women (from another website) have offered to pay to have his baby. So there's that...
There are women of childbearing age on that website? I never would have guessed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 02:06:18 am »
There are women of childbearing age on that website? I never would have guessed.

:silly:

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Fantom

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 02:07:02 am »

Imagine that..Scam Wow is a lyin' POS.

So broke the maggot cannot self fund... guess trump is owned by his buyers anyways.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 02:08:01 am »
He took out loans from himself which will be repaid by donations. Trump really is the Lying King.

Thank you for admitting he is self funding. "He took out loans from himself"

hung by your own petard.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 02:08:22 am »

He Lied...

Yes..Scam Wow lied.. and has been Lyin' trump all along.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 02:09:27 am »
Yes and so what? he did use his own money to fund the primary and still is. Democrats have a Billion dollar war chest for the general. He wants the GOP to pony up for their own self interest in the general. This is a dumb nothing burger from the NeverTrump crowd.

Trump has no money for the general and he's not going to be able to ramp up fast enough to compete with Hillary on money.  He is surprised himself that he ever got this far; he didn't prepare for a general election.

All the prime ad slots are taken in the fall; Trump will be sucking hind tit on that.  Large GOP donors are shutting their checkbooks to a sure loser.

I'm guessing there's a lot of anxiety in Trump HQ tonight.  They have no idea where they're going to get the money to compete with Hillary.  His free media appearances will be over after the Convention; equal time laws apply. 

He's exactly where ROmney was when Obama was pounding his ass into the ground for three months with ads and ROmney couldn't respond.  He never recovered.

Trump is going to be made to look like a crazed racist, misogynist, bigot by Hillary and he won't have the money to come back at her.  And the media will turn on him with a vengeance.

And I will love every minute of it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 02:09:57 am »

hung by your own petard.

Paid back by donations... so much for Lyin ' trump.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 02:10:12 am »

Now THAT is funny!!!  LOL!!!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 02:11:59 am »
Trump has no money for the general and he's not going to be able to ramp up fast enough to compete with Hillary on money.  He is surprised himself that he ever got this far; he didn't prepare for a general election.

All the prime ad slots are taken in the fall; Trump will be sucking hind tit on that.  Large GOP donors are shutting their checkbooks to a sure loser.

I'm guessing there's a lot of anxiety in Trump HQ tonight.  They have no idea where they're going to get the money to compete with Hillary.  His free media appearances will be over after the Convention; equal time laws apply. 

He's exactly where ROmney was when Obama was pounding his ass into the ground for three months with ads and ROmney couldn't respond.  He never recovered.

Trump is going to be made to look like a crazed racist, misogynist, bigot by Hillary and he won't have the money to come back at her.  And the media will turn on him with a vengeance.

And I will love every minute of it.

You have a short memory. Trump has weathered about 60,000 attack ads and still won. Why do you think he cannot weather them in th general the same way?

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 02:12:51 am »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 02:13:05 am »

hung by your own petard.

Missed the part about being repaid by donations. You are losing this. Better get back to FR where you operate under the protection of JR and his mods.

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 02:14:12 am »
Missed the part about being repaid by donations. You are losing this. Better get back to FR where you operate under the protection of JR and his mods.

Molon Labe should be spelled Moron Labe in his case.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 02:14:35 am »
Not at all, hes a private business. its called being smart. Does not negate the fact the money for the primary came from him.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 02:14:42 am »
You have a short memory. Trump has weathered about 60,000 attack ads and still won. Why do you think he cannot weather them in th general the same way?

The free media drys up. That simple.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 02:15:18 am »
If Trump takes any RNC money (taxpayer money), he is limited to $50,000 of personal funding. 

So Trump's off the hook on the self-funding thing, which we all know was nothing but a bunch of bullshit from the beginning.  He lied about self-funding; he will repay the "loans" he made to his primary run from taxpayer funds, and will have his tin cup out, hoping some of his mob connections and other goombahs will put up a few shekels. 

I'm amazed that the Trumpkins will just sit and be so blatantly lied to, and line up to sniff Trump's shorts yet again.

Good knowledge to know before Convention.

However I doubt that any trumpansies care.

I do, however care... if trump does not self fund his entire campaign ...trump is a fraud... I will cast a vote for Hillary in protest.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 02:15:45 am »
Lyin' Liberal Donnie's entire primary campaign was built in lies.  The man is a pathological liar, and he has no conscience, which is why he is so mean spirited and cruel.  I honestly do not understand how anyone supported this man in the primary.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 02:16:59 am »
Not at all, hes a private business. its called being smart. Does not negate the fact the money for the primary came from him.

Let's try this again. At the end of this adventure, Donny Boy will not be out a penny. That is not self funding.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2016, 02:18:36 am »

He will not be able to go on TODAY, and GMA, and cable networks as he does now.  Equal time laws apply during general elections.  If Morning Joe has Trump on, they have to have Hillary on for the same amount of time.

Trump won with Republicans.  Democrats will hammer him unmercifully with his own words.  If he can't get on TV with ads, these attacks will go unanswered.

Twitter ain't gonna get it done in a general election. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 02:21:08 am »
The free media drys up. That simple.

Right... how many times have you seen Scam Wows tweet about a corrupt Hillary today. Vrs trumps tweet about Teds Dad and Oswald...

..PopCorn time... #f'cktrump.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2016, 02:23:56 am »
He will not be able to go on TODAY, and GMA, and cable networks as he does now.  Equal time laws apply during general elections.  If Morning Joe has Trump on, they have to have Hillary on for the same amount of time.

Trump won with Republicans.  Democrats will hammer him unmercifully with his own words.  If he can't get on TV with ads, these attacks will go unanswered.

Twitter ain't gonna get it done in a general election.
He will be able to fly all over and do rallies and they will be covered trying to catch him messing up. Plus he will be on all that want him.