Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He Won’t Self-Fund General Election Campaign  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Donald Trump Says He Won’t Self-Fund General Election Campaign
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2016, 06:55:20 am »
All you hysterical Hillary supporters. Put up or shut up. Produce evidence where he promised to self-fund the general. Since there is none he did not lie. And yes this action of falsifying Trump is helping Hillary not America.
I gave you the video.  You refuse to admit what your ears hear.  You refuse to admit what Trump said.

You may demand more evidence than Trump's own words "I am totally self funding my campaign."  But normal people, with normal brains understand what those words mean.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym1Sc368jQU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9PGvJOAYK4

Trump is a lying sack of flaming crap.

Offline kik5150

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 07:01:40 am »
If Trump has been saying that he is self funded, but instead he has only been LOANING his campaign money, then he has been lying all along. If those loans are paid back by future donations then his campaign will have been funded entirely by donors.
Trump=fraud.
"Trump is no conservative. He's a self-dealing charlatan and he's got a lot of fall-for anything chump types fooled."
-Jim "Chump" Robinson

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2016, 07:18:43 am »
If Trump has been saying that he is self funded, but instead he has only been LOANING his campaign money, then he has been lying all along. If those loans are paid back by future donations then his campaign will have been funded entirely by donors.
Trump=fraud.

Posted on page one...ignored by liars and retards.
 “I know the best people, and I’m totally self-funding my campaign so I don’t have to take donors and special interest people and lobbyists.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnqgejKIVM

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 07:23:08 am »
Self-funding your campaign actually means lending money to your campaign. It is illegal to actually give your campaign money. Due to campaign Finance laws it must be in the form of a loan. In the end you do not have to pay the loan back to yourself. Mitt Romney did not pay his loan back to himself. Nor did John hunstman.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2016, 07:45:40 am »
Self-funding your campaign actually means lending money to your campaign. It is illegal to actually give your campaign money. Due to campaign Finance laws it must be in the form of a loan. In the end you do not have to pay the loan back to yourself. Mitt Romney did not pay his loan back to himself. Nor did John hunstman.

I see little need to kiss Trumps butt already.  You are not muslim or hispanic.  Trump has not threatened to kill your family yet

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 07:47:34 am »
I see little need to kiss Trumps butt already.  You are not muslim or hispanic.  Trump has not threatened to kill your family yet
Have you gone nuts????

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 07:51:15 am »
Have you gone nuts????
Either I have, or the GOP has.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 07:53:39 am »
Either I have, or the GOP has.
Come one man that post was, well insane is the best word I can come up with!

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 08:26:14 am »
Come one man that post was, well insane is the best word I can come up with!
It's all good R4T.  Trump is self funding with his $10 billion dollar loans to the GOP and he is winning the Latino vote by calling them murderers and rapists.  Good days are right around the corner.  I'm just insane.
Just like Sink, and Liberty, and Jazz, and Frank, and Bigun, and Sneaky, Mountaineer, Machiavelli, Navy, Andy, and the dozens of new FR refugees.

My son turns 13 this year and I can't look him in the eye and say there is an alternative to big government Hitlery.
but put the shackles on son because the USA is going to build a shining wall and scapegoat the brown people.

I have gone nuts.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 09:00:56 am »
It's all good R4T.  Trump is self funding with his $10 billion dollar loans to the GOP and he is winning the Latino vote by calling them murderers and rapists.  Good days are right around the corner.  I'm just insane.
Just like Sink, and Liberty, and Jazz, and Frank, and Bigun, and Sneaky, Mountaineer, Machiavelli, Navy, Andy, and the dozens of new FR refugees.

My son turns 13 this year and I can't look him in the eye and say there is an alternative to big government Hitlery.
but put the shackles on son because the USA is going to build a shining wall and scapegoat the brown people.

I have gone nuts.
Look O, I was just posting the accurate info on self funding.
YOU are too carried away!

Offline outofsalt

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2016, 09:19:22 am »
Small donors are helping but they are ONLY small donors.

Here is a scene being played out at breakfast tables all across America.
Husband, "Honey, what are you doing?"
Other Husband, "I'm writing a check to Mr. Trump for $2700"
Husband,  "Great, I want to send a billionaire some money too! Can you get me my checkbook?"

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:46 am »
And Hillary is worth half a billion, but you aren't talking about her , are you?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 11:17:10 am »
A bank recently did an audit to see what he could borrow. They calculated his net worth at $778 and his liquid assets at $233 million. During a deposition (one of many) Trump was directly asked how he came up with the inflated valuation on his worth. He said that he makes it up as he goes along based on what he thinks his name is worth on the open market. He is the definition of a fraud.
What is net worth is not the same as cash on hand. In fact, its bad business to have lots of cash on hand that's not working for you. So your argument was misleading. The issue was net worth not cash assets. You have money tied up in your house that add to your net worth that are not cash until you liquidate the assets for example.

Moreover, at that level of wealth there is very little direct income identified as the Individuals. That would be dumb with our tax laws. No, they have trusts charities etc who "own" the wealth for them. Hence why the phrase "tax the rich" is so stupid. The rich have very little "income" as such is defined under our tax laws. But they have the wealth spread out in many different vehicles.

Being able to borrow 778 million just on his word without having to put up assets as collateral is really nice.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 11:36:40 am »
I gave you the video.  You refuse to admit what your ears hear.  You refuse to admit what Trump said.

You may demand more evidence than Trump's own words "I am totally self funding my campaign."  But normal people, with normal brains understand what those words mean.

Trump is a lying sack of flaming crap.
He never said he was funding MORE THAN the primary. You dishonestly added to what was said. His Campaign for all rational people is the one hes doing now. Until you can show anywhere he said he was funding the next campaign aka the general and not in statements said in context of the Primary as  your videos show you are acting like a liberal news source with creative dishonest editing.   
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 01:26:06 pm »
He never said he was funding MORE THAN the primary. You dishonestly added to what was said. His Campaign for all rational people is the one hes doing now. Until you can show anywhere he said he was funding the next campaign aka the general and not in statements said in context of the Primary as  your videos show you are acting like a liberal news source with creative dishonest editing.

Wow.  Is all that creative twisting painful?  Just wondering.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2016, 02:25:55 pm »
Honestly, I don't see what difference he makes what he promised.  His campaign has largely been built on the idea that he doesn't owe the special interest lobbyists anything -- that nobody will "own" him.  But if he is going to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for the general election campaign, doesn't all that fly out the window?  Whether he never promised to self-fund a general election campaign doesn't invalidate the conclusion that he'll be "owned" just as much as anyone else.
No it does not. The reason is the terms of the help. See he already has the superior bargaining position winning the primary and having a massive voting block behind him. So, unlike the usual Lawyer/politicians who infest our system trump can set the terms. The Ones who will be helping fund him have a vested self-interest in the USSC, Trade and keeping the Country afloat. So Unlike the others he will not be owned and controlled by the special interests.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2016, 02:34:44 pm »
A bank recently did an audit to see what he could borrow. They calculated his net worth at $778 and his liquid assets at $233 million. During a deposition (one of many) Trump was directly asked how he came up with the inflated valuation on his worth. He said that he makes it up as he goes along based on what he thinks his name is worth on the open market. He is the definition of a fraud.

:silly:

I did not know any of this. He's a transbillionaire I guess?

Offline Leto

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2016, 02:37:19 pm »
You can't differentiate stealing, sexual assault and getting people killed from vulgarisms. You're blinded by hatred.

You mean like defending the rapist M Tyson?

Got it.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2016, 02:43:36 pm »
No it does not. The reason is the terms of the help. See he already has the superior bargaining position winning the primary and having a massive voting block behind him. So, unlike the usual Lawyer/politicians who infest our system trump can set the terms. The Ones who will be helping fund him have a vested self-interest in the USSC, Trade and keeping the Country afloat. So Unlike the others he will not be owned and controlled by the special interests.

Trump NEEDS the money of those funding him.  Without their money, he can't get elected.

So it's THEY who have the bargaining position, not Trump.  And Trump will make deals with every donor who funds him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2016, 02:46:19 pm »
Trump NEEDS the money of those funding him.  Without their money, he can't get elected.

So it's THEY who have the bargaining position, not Trump.  And Trump will make deals with every donor who funds him.
Needs no, He can liquidate some operations and do it. So its not a need. But it is smart, since they want something and he holds all the cards right now. Why sell off his stuff when they will pony up the cash out of their own self interest?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »
Needs no, He can liquidate some operations and do it. So its not a need. But it is smart, since they want something and he holds all the cards right now. Why sell off his stuff when they will pony up the cash out of their own self interest?

But he won't. He's already said he won't liquidate anything. 

You're wrong on this;  Trump will be owned just like all other politicians are owned by their donors because, yes, he needs their money. And he has no operation on the ground right now to begin collecting it. He's way behind and will suffer because of it.

Now, I'm done with this. You're twisting yourself into knots defending your boy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 03:14:25 pm »
This is wildly wrong.  By your logic, incumbents -- who have an even greater power base, stronger bargaining position, and more security than does an unelected nominee like Trump -- should be even less beholden to the folks from whom they seek money.  So do you think incumbents getting donations isn't much of a problem?

Plus, you're reading the whole primary/general election thing exactly backwards.  I'd much rather have him be indebted to the type of people who would support him in a primary, because those are the folks who are going to tend to be more conservative/GOP.  But now, he owes conservatives donors absolutely nothing.  So as it comes to a general election, where we could expect to see him move more to the left (as he's already done with minimum wage) he doesn't have to worry about appeasing people on the right anymore because they have no alternative to him.  So now, he can move left, and get money from donors who are much more moderate/liberal, and they'll be the ones he owes.

Of course, all that applies only if you buy the Trumpian position that donors are just people who buy favors, not people who actually believe in causes.  I personally don't agree with that, but it is a core tenet of most of his supporters.  And if you're one of those people, then Trump taking general election donations should make you a lot more nervous than him taking donations from primary donors.
No politician today makes it out of the primaries without strings. Trump has. So he is unique in his bargaining position to get OPM. I have no doubt he will deal with the existing ruling class. The question is how much does he have to give up? His Unique position and long term stated goals indicate he will not have to give up the core issues of his campaign.

In other words I can see deals like keeping the big defense contractors in exchange for them helping fund his General election. Getting a lot of construction money donations for his Wall goal. Trade partners working to not get hammered too bad, etc. In other words they can have aligned goals that Trump will not have to give up much of what he values. Which is what hes been talking about for decades. etc.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 04:14:46 pm »
And Hillary is worth half a billion, but you aren't talking about her , are you?

We all know that Hillary is a liar, a cheat, corrupt and should be in jail.

But Trump has been help up as this knight in shining armor that is going to save the country.

Now that he's starting to walk back the rhetoric that secured his following the armor is getting dull and I suspect that once the general election cycle begins the armor will be shown to be made of paper.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:15:22 pm by Cowboyway »
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

A-Lert

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 07:55:17 pm »

You mean like defending the rapist M Tyson?

Got it.

Can you post a link to your source that says Trump defends Mike Tyson, convicted rapist? How did he defend Tyson? Thanks in advance. I look forward to your response. Put @A-Lert in your response so I'll be sure to see it.

A-Lert

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2016, 08:00:35 pm »

Who in this day is going to fund their own campaign for POTUS in the general election  when it is estimated to cost a billion dollars. No one should be allowed to spend that kind of money to gain (buy) an elected position of government.