Author Topic: BREAKING- DeSantis drops out of presidential race  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: BREAKING- DeSantis drops out of presidential race
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 08:09:41 pm »
DeSantis Drops Out and Endorses Trump in Taped Message

https://www.thedailybeast.com/desantis-drops-out-and-endorses-trump-in-taped-message

Video posted on Twitter/X

breaking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 08:13:32 pm »
As usual, I have no one to vote for, even in the primary...

May MAGA get Trump good and hard. They deserve it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 08:14:29 pm »
Ron DeSantis drops out of 2024 GOP presidential race days before New Hampshire primary
By Naomi Lim
Jan. 21, 2024
Washington Examiner

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) has suspended his 2024 Republican presidential campaign, the announcement comes just two days before the first in the nation primary in New Hampshire.

DeSantis, 45, announced his plans to drop out of the Republican primary race on Sunday in a video posted on X. In his announcement, DeSantis also issued an endorsement for Trump.

“Trump is superior to the current incumbent Joe Biden. That is clear. I signed a pledge to support the Republican nominee and I will honor that pledge is my endorsement because we can’t go back to the old Republican Guard of yesteryear, or repackage formed of warmed over corporatism that Nikki Haley represent,” DeSantis said. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 08:15:18 pm »
Well, I think it was a very wise decision and I'm happy that we get to retain our governor until his term is up. Now maybe all the Trumper smear tactics against him will stop since he is endorsing Trump.

Prayers up for the DeSantis family and our country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 08:16:26 pm »
Ron DeSantis
@RonDeSantis

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

- Winston Churchill

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/1749159384112845285

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 08:17:00 pm »
Joy!  Now it'll be Haley against Trump.  I still think somehow she'll wind up being the GOP nominee.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 08:17:51 pm »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 08:22:52 pm »

Oh, I will definitely vote for someone in the primary.  I may have to write in "Deez Nuts", but whatever.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 08:28:42 pm »
Oh, I will definitely vote for someone in the primary.  I may have to write in "Deez Nuts", but whatever.

IIRC and there are different election laws for different states, but if you write in a candidate that hasn't qualified to be a 'write-in' candidate, your entire ballot is disregarded.

Offline libertybele

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 08:35:14 pm »
This will make 20 years without a Conservative on the ballot.  Sadly, the closest thing we've had was Mitt Romney in 2012 (who ran considerably to the right of Donald Trump).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 08:43:28 pm »
Well, I think it was a very wise decision and I'm happy that we get to retain our governor until his term is up. Now maybe all the Trumper smear tactics against him will stop since he is endorsing Trump.

Prayers up for the DeSantis family and our country.
Horshiite! They will continue with the same lies only add coward and quitter, I think you seriously underestimate the Orange Mafia **nononono* They will misconstrue real conservatives supporting the party and continue their attacks on DeSantis just as they have on Cruz...after all it's what their Orange Deity commands, because backstabbing or some other BS.  So Biden Vs Trump, both have a great deal in common with Hoover...and I don't mean Herbert!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 08:44:35 pm by GtHawk »

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 08:43:31 pm »
 :bkmk:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2024, 08:44:00 pm »
IIRC and there are different election laws for different states, but if you write in a candidate that hasn't qualified to be a 'write-in' candidate, your entire ballot is disregarded.

I think it's just that race that isn't counted in Kentucky, but either way it won't really matter if it's not counted in the Primary. 

For that matter Kentucky is still pretty deeply red outside of the Louisville/Lexington urban areas, so it's not really going to matter who I vote for in the general election, either.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 08:51:25 pm »
With the speed at which the party is coronating Trump, it should free him up to attend all of his court cases. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2024, 09:05:02 pm »
Horshiite! They will continue with the same lies only add coward and quitter, I think you seriously underestimate the Orange Mafia **nononono* They will misconstrue real conservatives supporting the party and continue their attacks on DeSantis just as they have on Cruz...after all it's what their Orange Deity commands, because backstabbing or some other BS.  So Biden Vs Trump, both have a great deal in common with Hoover...and I don't mean Herbert!

:silly:  888high58888

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2024, 09:06:41 pm »
With the speed at which the party is coronating Trump, it should free him up to attend all of his court cases.

I'm still waiting for any one of the Trump supporters to enlighten me as to how they think he's going to escape all 91 felony charges? :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 09:14:38 pm »
This is a HUGE win for the GOP Establishment.  With DeSantis out of the way, Trump can move on to other things and cede all the nuances of delegate selection over to Ronna McDaniel and the RNC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2024, 09:18:46 pm »
Horshiite! They will continue with the same lies only add coward and quitter, I think you seriously underestimate the Orange Mafia **nononono* They will misconstrue real conservatives supporting the party and continue their attacks on DeSantis just as they have on Cruz...after all it's what their Orange Deity commands, because backstabbing or some other BS.

The history book on the shelf, it's always repeating itself - ABBA

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2024, 09:25:19 pm »
I'm still waiting for any one of the Trump supporters to enlighten me as to how they think he's going to escape all 91 felony charges? :shrug:

Some of them think the persuadable voters will overlook a felony conviction, everything he has done or will do. 
Some of them don't care if he wins or loses.
Some of them can't vote because they are in prison.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2024, 09:29:07 pm »

Yup. I have no dog in the hunt anymore.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2024, 09:33:17 pm »
Makes the national convention a non-event.

They'll still use it to boo some Conservative off the stage for espousing the Conservative values the GOP once stood for.  Oh, and then there's three days of Trump worship.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2024, 09:41:48 pm »
A State that voted for Obama twice has essentially chosen our GOP nominee.  Next, we're off to a State that has voted Dem the last five Presidential elections.  And the GOP Establishment (and their newfound Trump-supporting allies) have already been successful at driving the only Conservative out of the race.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-