Author Topic: BREAKING- DeSantis drops out of presidential race  (Read 5965 times)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: BREAKING- DeSantis drops out of presidential race
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2024, 09:48:26 pm »
Disappointing.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online LMAO

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2024, 09:51:01 pm »
Disappointing.

But not unexpected.

I'm surprised so soon, though

Looks like a write in this fall
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2024, 09:51:02 pm »

I'm still waiting for any one of the Trump supporters to enlighten me as to how they think he's going to escape all 91 felony charges? :shrug:

I'm not a Trump supporter, but....

The simplest answer is "appeals".  Even if he didn't have good grounds for an appeal, he won't be imprisoned while an appeal is pending, and there is a zero percent chance that any of those cases will be resolved even at the Court of Appeals level prior to the election...much less the inevitable appeals to the Supreme Court.  So even if he is ultimately found guilty, he'll be in office by that time and unless there is an impeachment and conviction, there he will stay until after his term.

The other answer is that these cases are all --with the likely exception of the Florida documents case -- quite weak, and I'm guessing that even if convicted, the other three will all be overturned on appeal.  And in terms of the document case in Florida, I don't think he'd be sentenced to prison even if convicted.

Online LMAO

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2024, 09:52:05 pm »
Some of them think the persuadable voters will overlook a felony conviction, everything he has done or will do. 

They think the American people will be so upset by the court cases they'll vote for him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2024, 09:56:03 pm »
A State that voted for Obama twice has essentially chosen our GOP nominee.  Next, we're off to a State that has voted Dem the last five Presidential elections.  And the GOP Establishment (and their newfound Trump-supporting allies) have already been successful at driving the only Conservative out of the race.

I think that's a bit of a misleading term in this context.  I don't think the usual "GOP Establishment" likes Trump at all, and would prefer someone else.  To the extent that isn't true, it's mostly because Trumpers themselves have won enough party positions to become part of the "GOP Establishment" themselves.

For the most part, while the "old" GOP Establishment doesn't like Trump, they also would prefer him as President over Biden, so they're kind of just bowing to his inevitability as the nominee at this point.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2024, 09:56:38 pm »
They think the American people will be so upset by the court cases they'll vote for him

Emotion over substance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2024, 10:06:35 pm »
Makes the national convention a non-event.
No kidding, they should just save the money and phone it in, but someone's EGO just couldn't stand that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2024, 10:10:58 pm »
No kidding, they should just save the money and phone it in, but someone's EGO just couldn't stand that.

Nominating a Presidential candidate is only one item of business in a National Convention.  The Delegates will have things to do, like rules changes and such.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2024, 10:39:22 pm »
What a class act.................../s

Nikki Haley on DeSantis Dropping Out: ‘May the Best Woman Win’

Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) had a cheeky reaction to the news of her challenger, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), suspending his presidential campaign, telling a cluster of supporters, “May the best woman win.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/21/nikki-haley-desantis-dropping-out-may-best-woman-win/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2024, 10:40:38 pm »
Donald Trump: I Am ‘Very Honored’ to Have Ron DeSantis’s Endorsement

Former President Donald Trump is “very honored” to have the endorsement of Gov. Ron DeSantis, he said in a statement following the news of the Florida governor suspending his presidential campaign.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/21/donald-trump-i-am-very-honored-to-have-ron-desantiss-endorsement/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2024, 10:45:51 pm »
What a class act.................../s

Nikki Haley on DeSantis Dropping Out: ‘May the Best Woman Win’

Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) had a cheeky reaction to the news of her challenger, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), suspending his presidential campaign, telling a cluster of supporters, “May the best woman win.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/21/nikki-haley-desantis-dropping-out-may-best-woman-win/

Time will tell....it will be interesting to see who takes NH.  I anticipate that she will, but then again I was obviously wrong thinking that DeSantis was going to take IA.

Her arrogance is abrasive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2024, 10:48:32 pm »
Time will tell....it will be interesting to see who takes NH.  I anticipate that she will, but then again I was obviously wrong thinking that DeSantis was going to take IA.

Her arrogance is abrasive.

Next comes South Carolina, and no matter how well she does in NH, she's toast if she can't beat Trump in her home state.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2024, 10:55:19 pm »
I'm not a Trump supporter, but....

The simplest answer is "appeals".  Even if he didn't have good grounds for an appeal, he won't be imprisoned while an appeal is pending, and there is a zero percent chance that any of those cases will be resolved even at the Court of Appeals level prior to the election...much less the inevitable appeals to the Supreme Court.  So even if he is ultimately found guilty, he'll be in office by that time and unless there is an impeachment and conviction, there he will stay until after his term.

The other answer is that these cases are all --with the likely exception of the Florida documents case -- quite weak, and I'm guessing that even if convicted, the other three will all be overturned on appeal.  And in terms of the document case in Florida, I don't think he'd be sentenced to prison even if convicted.

It would be interesting to hear DeSantis' thoughts on this. With him being a lawyer, if he thought Trump will be taken out by any of these cases, then why drop out of the race? @Maj. Bill Martin
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2024, 11:02:38 pm »
It would be interesting to hear DeSantis' thoughts on this. With him being a lawyer, if he thought Trump will be taken out by any of these cases, then why drop out of the race? @Maj. Bill Martin

I don't think you'll hear the part about the timing of appeals spoken about by candidates much, but it really is the guts of the point.   And I don't think many lawyers who litigate cases would dispute that.

In terms of why drop out, it seems the smart play.  If something weird happens and Trump is taken out, it will be late in the process after most of the primaries have been held.  That means the majority of delegates will still be Trump delegates, so to whom he decides to throw those delegates will be critical.  Dropping out now and endorsing Trump over Haley perhaps gives DeSantis a shot at those delegates.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2024, 11:12:42 pm »
I don't think you'll hear the part about the timing of appeals spoken about by candidates much, but it really is the guts of the point.   And I don't think many lawyers who litigate cases would dispute that.

In terms of why drop out, it seems the smart play.  If something weird happens and Trump is taken out, it will be late in the process after most of the primaries have been held.  That means the majority of delegates will still be Trump delegates, so to whom he decides to throw those delegates will be critical.  Dropping out now and endorsing Trump over Haley perhaps gives DeSantis a shot at those delegates.

Thanks. That makes sense.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2024, 11:20:23 pm »
Next comes South Carolina, and no matter how well she does in NH, she's toast if she can't beat Trump in her home state.

Even though I'm not much of a Trump fan, I'd like to see her get stomped in her home state. And to think at one point in time I liked her -- what was I thinking?  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2024, 11:25:38 pm »
Even though I'm not much of a Trump fan, I'd like to see her get stomped in her home state. And to think at one point in time I liked her -- what was I thinking?  :shrug:

I did too especially when she worked at the UN...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2024, 11:44:48 pm »
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
DeSantis supporters, your guy dropped out.

I have an immense amount of respect for Ron DeSantis as somebody who spends some of the year in Florida.

He did a great job during COVID and would be a great asset to the future Trump administration.

For the love of God, do not let a campaign get in the way of coming around and supporting Donald Trump now that it counts the most.

Joe Biden, another term in the White House, there will be no more America.

Forget about DeSantis 2028 because every illegal alien that has entered this country will be given voting rights and they will make sure Gavin Newsom becomes president in 2028.

If you support conservative values, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want to see women be raped violently in the streets by illegal aliens, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want to see, DEI be the law of the land and be codified into the United States Constitution, you will support Donald Trump.

If you want economic prosperity to come back to this nation, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want to see the country be run by bureaucrats who absolutely hate us, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want the WEF and WHO dictating American domestic policies, you will support Donald Trump.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN SOVEREIGNTY, YOU WILL SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP.

We have a country to save. This is not about one man or one personality.

Donald Trump is the only remaining vehicle to continue the American experiment as it is.

Any other candidate currently running for President will throw this country into a death spiral.

If Donald Trump had not been the choice of the people and DeSantis had won the nomination, I would be right there with you guys trying to get him elected.

Let’s cut the bullshit and get Donald Trump elected.
3:01 PM · Jan 21, 2024
·

🇺🇸 The Briefing Room 🇺🇸 🇮🇱

Support the USO

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2024, 11:47:54 pm »
Donald Trump: I Am ‘Very Honored’ to Have Ron DeSantis’s Endorsement

That's rich coming from the orange thug.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2024, 11:50:14 pm »
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS

Nope.  Not happening.  This Joey fellow can bugger off.  I don't do the unity thing with double-talking, name-calling, ignorant cretins like Trump.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2024, 11:50:26 pm »
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
DeSantis supporters, your guy dropped out.

I have an immense amount of respect for Ron DeSantis as somebody who spends some of the year in Florida.

He did a great job during COVID and would be a great asset to the future Trump administration.

For the love of God, do not let a campaign get in the way of coming around and supporting Donald Trump now that it counts the most.

Joe Biden, another term in the White House, there will be no more America.

Forget about DeSantis 2028 because every illegal alien that has entered this country will be given voting rights and they will make sure Gavin Newsom becomes president in 2028.

If you do not want to see women be raped violently in the streets by illegal aliens, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want to see, DEI be the law of the land and be codified into the United States Constitution, you will support Donald Trump.

If you want economic prosperity to come back to this nation, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want to see the country be run by bureaucrats who absolutely hate us, you will support Donald Trump.

If you do not want the WEF and WHO dictating American domestic policies, you will support Donald Trump.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN SOVEREIGNTY, YOU WILL SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP.

We have a country to save. This is not about one man or one personality.

Donald Trump is the only remaining vehicle to continue the American experiment as it is.

Any other candidate currently running for President will throw this country into a death spiral.

If Donald Trump had not been the choice of the people and DeSantis had won the nomination, I would be right there with you guys trying to get him elected.

·

🇺🇸 The Briefing Room 🇺🇸 🇮🇱

Bullshit.
100% bullshit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2024, 11:51:47 pm »
I did too especially when she worked at the UN...
Funny how that goes I was thinking the same thing, I think what happened is we have seen to much of the true her and it grates, the same happened for me with Trump :shrug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2024, 11:54:25 pm »
DeSantis uses debunked Churchill quote as parting words for 2024 campaign
By
Brady Knox
January 21, 2024 5:08 pm

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/1749159384112845285

The quote is commonly attributed to Churchill, appearing on motivational posters and coffee mugs and across social media and the internet. However, the International Churchill Society previously found that the quote is fake. In its research of over 50 million words written by and about Churchill, including all of his books, articles, speeches, and papers, no such quote was found, according to the group.

The quote appears to be compiled from two separate quotes, in which he did say that “No one can guarantee success in war, but only deserve it,” and “Success always demands a greater effort.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2809079/desantis-uses-debunked-churchill-quote-as-parting-words-for-2024-campaign/
Support the USO

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2024, 12:08:53 am »
What hysterical nonsense.  If Trump wins, the migrants will just wait 4 years to migrate (again).  If Biden wins, he won’t get anything done without permission from congress.

Then after years of bitching, the trumpers will hold another gun to our heads and nominate some assclown like Kari Lake or Don Jr.

Online corbe

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2024, 12:34:37 am »
    They're popping champaign corks over at GP and CTH, no doubt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.