Author Topic: BREAKING- DeSantis drops out of presidential race  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: BREAKING- DeSantis drops out of presidential race
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2024, 03:32:23 am »
I think I am through with politics and here for awhile.

I'll lurk, but I've had enough of a country drunk on stupidity.

I stick around just to have a lifeline with @roamer_1 .  I'll be holing-up in Montana when things really hit the fan.  Bringing guns, tools, and dry goods.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2024, 03:33:28 am »
Nothing wrong with a break.  70% of people did not want this retch-inducing election, so avoidance is going to be a common theme. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2024, 03:35:52 am »
Screw Trump.

Yeah.
With a shovel.
And a tuba.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2024, 03:37:35 am »
I stick around just to have a lifeline with @roamer_1 .  I'll be holing-up in Montana when things really hit the fan.  Bringing guns, tools, and dry goods.

Your kind are very welcome.  :beer: happy77

Offline corbe

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2024, 03:51:42 am »
    I don't want him dead.  Perhaps prison would be a more humane judgement.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2024, 04:27:08 am »
Wwaaaaah!

What?

Yes, this really is the first I heard of this here at bedtime.

I am not happy.

So the best alternative to Trump is Haley?

Good God.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2024, 04:34:31 am »
*****rollingeyes*****

Trump Declares Ron ‘DeSanctimonious’ Nickname ‘Officially Retired’ After Florida Governor Drops from 2024 Race

Former President Donald Trump declared the Ron ‘DeSanctimonious’ nickname “officially retired” after Ron DeSantis dropped from the 2024 race.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/21/trump-declares-ron-desanctimonious-nickname-officially-retired-after-florida-governor-drops-from-2024-race/

Proves again Trump just attacks anyone who “opposes” him…his power.

He stops immediately when Ron acquiesces?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2024, 04:57:14 am »
Wish RDS had gotten more traction, but everyone seems to want the recycled hamster wheel circus show.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2024, 02:31:44 pm »
Wish RDS had gotten more traction, but everyone seems to want the recycled hamster wheel circus show.

Which is more interesting to MAGAs? A sound fiscal and monetary policy, or someone who’s promising to give them checks, entertain them, and get even with their opponents?

We’ve seen how some of his supporters here readily dismiss his fiscal policy.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2024, 04:08:38 pm »
Which is more interesting to MAGAs? A sound fiscal and monetary policy, or someone who’s promising to give them checks, entertain them, and get even with their opponents?

They love Trump’s very public insults and bullying on anyone not “good enough”.

They copy it….proof that leaders set a tone.

The sycophants think that public insults = tough.

That is what they like most.  He is “tough”.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2024, 08:40:21 pm »

You forgot to add air quotes around 'fiscal policy'...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2024, 11:06:58 pm »
The statement Ron DeSantis SHOULD have given, 6-7 months ago:

"I have given some thought as to whether or not I should run for president in 2024. But even though I've established a record as governor of Florida as conservative as any other Republican, I believe it would be inappropriate at this time to challenge Donald Trump, who many believe was cheated out of legitimate election in 2020.

Therefore, I'm putting aside any presidential ambitions at this point, and will support Mr. Trump fully in his quest for re-election next year in any way that I can.

I look forward to working with and campaigning for Mr. Trump in 2024, and to his presidency in a second term.

In the meantime I also look forward to serving the citizens of Florida until the expiration of my term as governor in 2026."

Had Mr. DeSantis said this, he would have established himself as the No. 1 contender for the nomination in 2028.

... Instead of having to drop out BEFORE No no no no Nimarata Haley...

Offline berdie

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2024, 11:08:05 pm »
They love Trump’s very public insults and bullying on anyone not “good enough”.

They copy it….proof that leaders set a tone.

The sycophants think that public insults = tough.

That is what they like most.  He is “tough”.

I fear we'll never have another election that is not full of name calling, etc. Forget the issues...just listen to the bs. And most likely unless a candidate is a "rock star" there will be no interest. I don't blame Trump for that, it started with Obama. People wonder why we don't have good people step up to run??

In the subject of this thread...Thank you Gov DeSantis for stepping up. Had I had the chance you would have had my vote in the Tx primary.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2024, 11:39:34 pm »
The statement Ron DeSantis SHOULD have given, 6-7 months ago:

"I have given some thought as to whether or not I should run for president in 2024. But even though I've established a record as governor of Florida as conservative as any other Republican, I believe it would be inappropriate at this time to challenge Donald Trump, who many believe was cheated out of legitimate election in 2020.

Therefore, I'm putting aside any presidential ambitions at this point, and will support Mr. Trump fully in his quest for re-election next year in any way that I can.

I look forward to working with and campaigning for Mr. Trump in 2024, and to his presidency in a second term.

In the meantime I also look forward to serving the citizens of Florida until the expiration of my term as governor in 2026."

Had Mr. DeSantis said this, he would have established himself as the No. 1 contender for the nomination in 2028.

... Instead of having to drop out BEFORE No no no no Nimarata Haley...

Glad he didn't.  Anyone who came out of the gate supporting Trump is unfit for higher office.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2024, 01:23:32 am »
Seriously doesn't matter in my very Blue state of Washington. Biden will win with a a minimum of 53% of the vote regardless of what Republican wins the nomination.   Because of Seattle and King County.  Just hope Trump picks a VP I can get excited about for 2028.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2024, 01:25:12 am »
Seriously doesn't matter in my very Blue state of Washington. Biden will win with a a minimum of 53% of the vote regardless of what Republican wins the nomination.   Because of Seattle and King County.  Just hope Trump picks a VP I can get excited about for 2028.

Well, Trump doesn't exactly have a good track record of picking good people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2024, 01:27:37 am »

Trump may be the No. 1 contender in 2028.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2024, 01:28:28 am »
   It doesn't matter to me either in Texas @NavyCanDo
   Trumper's Rule my State GOP.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2024, 01:29:26 am »
Just hope Trump picks a VP I can get excited about for 2028.

Does Ronna McDaniel excite you?  How about Kari Lake?  Elise Stefanik?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2024, 01:34:13 am »
   If he forgoes the requirements* of a VJJ and has to pick a black instead I hope it is Larry Elders instead of Ben Carson. 
   I still won't vote for him.

* for VP
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:35:05 am by corbe »

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2024, 03:14:48 am »
Glad he didn't.  Anyone who came out of the gate supporting Trump is unfit for higher office.

Heh heh heh

My hubby tonite proposed that perhaps Ron and Trump were making a deal.  Ron drops out, and maybe Trump will let him be VP.

We know that Trump declares he will stop personally attacking Ron.

Of course, it could be a deal, but that could also just be narcissist Trump only playing nice with anyone who hasn’t stepped on his toes, including “running against me”.

Offline DB

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2024, 03:25:30 am »
Heh heh heh

My hubby tonite proposed that perhaps Ron and Trump were making a deal.  Ron drops out, and maybe Trump will let him be VP.

We know that Trump declares he will stop personally attacking Ron.

Of course, it could be a deal, but that could also just be narcissist Trump only playing nice with anyone who hasn’t stepped on his toes, including “running against me”.

I don't believe DeSantis is stupid enough to hitch his future to Trump.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2024, 03:35:33 am »

But it is an interesting situation.

Why would this man drop out right before another primary, just a week after a primary where Ron finished MUCH BETTER than anyone expected?  He was 2nd and he was above 20%!  All the downers were saying Ron is at single digits, he can’t even beat Haley.  But he did, if only a little.  It was very competitive and I think they are making inroads.  We’ll see tomorrow.  But as it is it does not make sense to me to drop out just now.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2024, 03:42:22 am »

INSTANTLY credz all gone if he latches onto the tar baby.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2024, 02:43:40 pm »

Correct.  Look what happened to Mike Pence.  Only a fool would step up and run (and serve) as Trump's Vice President.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus