Author Topic: BRUTAL DeSantis campaign ad rips Trump for not firing Fauci  (Read 10664 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: BRUTAL DeSantis campaign ad rips Trump for not firing Fauci
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2023, 09:24:51 pm »
When did Trump get his first chance at being president?

Seems to me that the answer has thus far been "Never".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2023, 09:30:05 pm »
Well, from what I noticed he has no other rebuttal other than jealousy and rich, rude Orange man.

Not much to stand on really.

@libertybele

I don't need any more than that,because it says it all.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2023, 09:33:46 pm »
Elon Musk is much wealthier than Trump, and folks around here seem to like him just fine.

@Polly Ticks

I wasn't aware he was running for the office of President against any  of the usual RINO suspects so many  of you support.

Get back with me 30 days after he announces he is running for President against one of the favored RINO's.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2023, 09:35:57 pm »
 :yowsa:
Great point!

@Maj. Bill Martin

Get back on that with  me  30 days after he announces he is running for the office of Pres of the US.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2023, 09:40:15 pm »
:yowsa:
@Maj. Bill Martin

Get back on that with  me  30 days after he announces he is running for the office of Pres of the US.

@sneakypete

Do you really think the reason the reason not all Republicans support Trump is because he's rich??

I've literally never heard that from a Republican who is supporting a different Republican for the nomination.  The only time I ever even heard of that accusation is right here.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 09:41:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2023, 09:40:26 pm »
I would be a little wary of going down that road.  As a business person, Trump was also able to get people to work toward a common goal that he set.  The problem is that business skills are not, per se, an indication of political leadership skills.  There is always this seductive desire to say that a good businessperson would be a good political leader; Trump's disastrous example should have driven a spike through the heart of that particular notion, and driven all of the nails into its coffin as well.

One would have to figure out if Musk, in addition to being a good business leader, also has the skillset needed for a political leader.

@Kamaji

Every word is true.

People who have only been business leaders can almost ALWAYS rely on the people they hire to be relied on to do as they are told,because they will lose their jobs in they don't. That almost never happens in politics to appointed officials.

The only exceptions I can think of would be someone caught stealing government funds,or some other crime too "big" to cover up. Even then it isn't a guarantee because  it too often depends if they were paying off someone elected to provide them cover,and who/how important that official is.

Politics is a VERY "slippery world".

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2023, 09:45:09 pm »
Oh come on.  Did Trump bother doing any research or question Fauci?  Even O'Bammy shut down Fauci's research feeling it was too risky!  No Trump doesn't get a free pass on this one.

I thought he handled many aspects of the pandemic well, but as far as Fauci goes, Trump made a grave error!

What a pathetic excuse the MAGAts keep giving for Trump - he didn't know what he was doing, so you can't hold him responsible.  Well, that doesn't excuse his behavior, it simply means that he wasn't fit for office in the first place, and therefore should not be elected again to the same office.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2023, 09:45:15 pm »
Yes, but Trump was also decent at getting projects approved, so he also knows how to play to politicians.  He just doesn't know how to be a political leader himself.

@Kamaji

I have absolutely ZERO proof of this,but I SUSPECT a lot of the problem lies with  Trump just  "walking into the office of the President of the US" without "paying his dues by running for local office first,and then working his way up."

Career Politicians can be just as petty  as any other group of people when  they see an  "outsider"
seem to just "Step into the job" right off the streets,when they have been lusting after that same job,sometimes for decades.

Human nature is human nature,regardless of who you are.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2023, 09:48:59 pm »
@libertybele

Serious question. How did/does Fla handle things like unemployment claims,when so much of the population spent the majority of their lives living in other states and not paying a dime in to the Fla system?

Asking because I honestly don't know and never even thought to ask until this instant.

IIRC those that aren't residents of FL would need to apply to their home state.  If they worked in NY for the past several months for example that's where they'd would have to apply for benefits.

The federal $$ that were handed out was based on the previous year's tax return -- that was federal funding not state funding.

FL unemployment benefits are some of the lowest in the country (at least that's how it used to be).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2023, 09:49:49 pm »
@libertybele

I don't need any more than that,because it says it all.

Hey, as long as that works for you -- no worries @sneakypete

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2023, 09:56:04 pm »
@sneakypete

A term in congress and two terms as governor does not make a 'career'.

@roamer_1 

Un,huh. How many years are we talking about,in total? Seems  to me spending 10+ years working  in a single career field would make you a "careerist" in any field you can possibly mention.

Coming on it... But he's been a JAG lawyer

And he picked a career in the Navy as a lawyer due to his patriotic desire to claim he is a combat veteran by posting photos of him in uniform in a secure base in some Shitstainistan?

and a lawyer before it.

ROFLAMO! How many people,other than Trump,have been elected to federal offices that weren't lawyers?

It is "step one" on the road to public office.

His policies are rock-hard and shift for nothing. His record belies your statement.

LOL!

He wouldn't have even gotten  re-elected if it hadn't been for Trump supporting him and campaigning with him.

You obviously have not taken the time to look at his record.

WHAT record,other than the political one he developed in Fla,and his most recent success was based on the campaign help that Trump gave him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2023, 10:02:23 pm »
Oh come on.  Did Trump bother doing any research or question Fauci?

@libertybele

True,and it ain't like he,as a new President,had anything else to do that research a flunky,right?

So what he DID do was rely on the suggestions of the professionals whose job it was to help him make that sort of decision.

Even O'Bammy shut down Fauci's research feeling it was too risky!

You are now  so desperate you are praising Obomber? Are you REALLY  so dense that you think Obomber made this decision on his own,or did the DNC provide him with advisors he could  trust?

No Trump doesn't get a free pass on this one.

I know. He is rude,orange,AND wealthy,so he doesn't get a pass on anything,huh?

I thought he handled many aspects of the pandemic well, but as far as Fauci goes, Trump made a grave error!

Yeah,he followed the advise of his medical  advisors,who  did know Fauci.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2023, 10:06:16 pm »
Oh come on.  Did Trump bother doing any research or question Fauci?

@libertybele I know,and not only did he have all that spare time on his hands to personally  investigate Fauci!

After all,it's not like Presidents are busy,right? ESPECIALLY  one who is an outsider that is resented.

Even O'Bammy shut down Fauci's research feeling it was too risky!  No Trump doesn't get a free pass on this one.

Answered.

I thought he handled many aspects of the pandemic well, but
as far as Fauci goes, Trump made a grave error!

He followed the advise of his career political advisors.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2023, 10:08:51 pm »

You are now  so desperate you are praising Obomber? Are you REALLY  so dense that you think Obomber made this decision on his own,or did the DNC provide him with advisors he could  trust?

I know. He is rude,orange,AND wealthy,so he doesn't get a pass on anything,huh?

Yeah,he followed the advise of his medical  advisors,who  did know Fauci.

@sneakypete please stop putting words in my mouth and making assumptions.  No, I am not praising O'Bammy all I stated was he knew what Fauci was doing and shut down the funding for the research.  Why did Trump allow it to start up again under his watch??? Perhaps he didn't know, but if that's the case then why didn't he know??  Why didn't he do his due diligence before appointing him when COVID hit?  It makes me question Trump and what he actually knew and didn't know. 

Trump is absolutely terrible at selecting people. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2023, 10:11:09 pm »
@sneakypete

Do you really think the reason the reason not all Republicans support Trump is because he's rich??

I think that is one of the reasons so many VOTERS hate him,but since most career politicians are also rich,they don't hate him for that,they  hate him for just "Stepping into" a job they have spent their entire adult lives lusting after and dreaming about.

And those are just the RINO's that helped stab him in the back.

The Dims hated him because he WASN'T a career politician,and they had no real "hold" on him,while he DID know more than a little about THEIR shenanigans to get paid for voting for,or sometimes against,proposed legislation.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2023, 10:22:07 pm »
I think that is one of the reasons so many VOTERS hate him,but since most career politicians are also rich,they don't hate him for that,they  hate him for just "Stepping into" a job they have spent their entire adult lives lusting after and dreaming about.

And those are just the RINO's that helped stab him in the back.

The Dims hated him because he WASN'T a career politician,and they had no real "hold" on him,while he DID know more than a little about THEIR shenanigans to get paid for voting for,or sometimes against,proposed legislation.

Voters disliked Trump because of his 'character' attacks on others.  That changed somewhat when he took the oval office and to my surprise he did well for the most part as president.  I stated several times that Trump would do well for the economy and he wasn't going to do anything that didn't make money.  I was correct.  He also bridged ties with China, N. Korea, Russia and the Middle East. Other than running up the deficit, which in part was due to COVID, I think he did well. He had us energy independent.  I've never denied those things.

Yes, I  take issue with him not calming the riots -- huge, huge, mistake. He never secured the border as promised.  Those are the two biggest grave errors that he made. His selection of people destroyed him; Pence included.

I was fine with Trump for the most part until he started going after a conservative.  He started the bullying and childish antics again and this time around, hes going to self-destruct.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2023, 11:28:33 pm »
I think that is one of the reasons so many VOTERS hate him....

Democrat voters, sure.  But us GOP primary voters?  Really?  Hell, we nominated Mitt Romney back in 2012 who fits the "rich guy" image very well.  And the vast majority of Republicans - over 90% - voted for Trump himself in both 2016 and 2020.

Given your guys' claim that Trump has actually lost money by being in politics, he was an even more rich guy in those elections. So how come Republican voters who had no problem voting for a very rich Trump in 2016 and 2020, suddenly decide they can't vote for him because he is "too rich" in 2024, even though he is less rich than when we all voted for him in 2016 and 2020?

I'm sorry, but this argument that we oppose him because he's rich still doesn't make any sense to me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 11:29:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2023, 11:35:06 pm »
I can say that Trump’s wealth has never crossed my mind from a judgment perspective.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2023, 12:12:55 am »
I agree @sneakypete ---- for many the disdain for Trump and envy of the man are tightly intertwined. 

But, I'm not convinced warm and fuzzy is in them ---- especially for the working class.  If it was, they'd be able to hear the American workers' support for the bad, rich orange man, and support him, too. 🍊
Oh, so now because I see through the pathological lying he has done the past eight years, I don't have empathy for the working class? Here's a news flash. I do have sympathy, because I'm one of them. And Donald Trump lies pretending to be one, all the while frolicking in the same swamp he said he would drain. The worst and most heinous violations of American liberties happened on his watch, with his endorsement. And if it weren't bad enough, Trump appointees helped overturn Roe v. Wade, which actually led to abortion rights being even further entrenched in the state where I live. You want to talk making America great again? Yet everyone my age keeps running even further and harder away from that. Faith, patriotism, even family... imploding, and it accelerated under Donald Trump's watch.

He's a fraud. He always was a fraud, and proved it in 2020 when he sat by and let the Democrats rig the election so he could still run again this year. And he'll do it again, and again, and again... because that's what he wants. And if we let him, there won't be a viable opposition to the left.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2023, 12:39:06 am »
@LMAO

Isn't it obvious?

I will NOT vote for DeSanctimonious as President because I won't vote for him in the primary.

He is a career politician whose policies and opinions change with  the wind shifts,and his only concern is  looking out for "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Well, as expected, you’re still refusing to answer the question, and I think the reason why you won’t because it will expose your hypocrisy

You’re still only telling me what you think of Ron DeSantis or why you won’t vote for him.

I’ll ask again in case you forgotten. You have told folks here that if they don’t vote for Trump, they’re helping Joe Biden win reelection. You have stated that you won’t vote for Ron DeSantis if he’s the nominee. So how are you not helping Biden with your choice?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 10:57:46 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2023, 12:51:48 am »
Oh, so now because I see through the pathological lying he has done the past eight years, I don't have empathy for the working class? Here's a news flash. I do have sympathy, because I'm one of them. And Donald Trump lies pretending to be one, all the while frolicking in the same swamp he said he would drain. The worst and most heinous violations of American liberties happened on his watch, with his endorsement. And if it weren't bad enough, Trump appointees helped overturn Roe v. Wade, which actually led to abortion rights being even further entrenched in the state where I live. You want to talk making America great again? Yet everyone my age keeps running even further and harder away from that. Faith, patriotism, even family... imploding, and it accelerated under Donald Trump's watch.

He's a fraud. He always was a fraud, and proved it in 2020 when he sat by and let the Democrats rig the election so he could still run again this year. And he'll do it again, and again, and again... because that's what he wants. And if we let him, there won't be a viable opposition to the left.

The bold is the point.  He told us in Art of the Deal how he could manipulate ordinary people, and then did exactly that.

COVID outed him.  Not merely because he was wrong, but because his excuse of "they would have said mean things about me if I'd have done it differently" is the exact opposite of the image he so carefully cultivated.  When push came to shove, he cared more about maximizing his chances at reelection than he did about doing the right thing.

A fraud indeed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 12:54:36 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2023, 01:07:45 am »

The bold is the point.  He told us in Art of the Deal how he could manipulate ordinary people, and then did exactly that.

COVID outed him.  Not merely because he was wrong, but because his excuse of "they would have said mean things about me if I'd have done it differently" is the exact opposite of the image he so carefully cultivated.  When push came to shove, he cared more about maximizing his chances at reelection than he did about doing the right thing.

A fraud indeed.

Absolutely.  He was afraid of political backlash if he stepped in and invoked the 'Insurrection Act' to calm the riots.  It was one of his biggest mistakes and we as a country are still paying dearly for it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2023, 01:18:09 am »
I will NOT vote for DeSanctimonious as President because I won't vote for him in the primary.

He is a career politician whose policies and opinions change with  the wind shifts,and his only concern is  looking out for "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

DeSantis' military career is longer than his political career.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2023, 01:35:38 am »
You are very mistaken Pete.  Quite a few of us here voted for Trump and would have likely walked on glass to make it to the polls to do so.  BUT Trump's time has passed and he's unelectable, even if he wins the primary.  Even though we may represent, who knows, 100+ on this site, there are hundreds of thousands that will NOT vote for Trump this time.  Where is Trump going to get the votes to replace us and the donations to support his candidacy?  Trump is a bitter old man now and needs to go back to Florida and retire.

I'd prefer him to move permanently out of FL.

Offline corbe

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2023, 01:39:52 am »
I'd prefer him to move permanently out of FL.

I'm glad he doesn't have any major investments in Texas. @libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.