Author Topic: BRUTAL DeSantis campaign ad rips Trump for not firing Fauci  (Read 10854 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: BRUTAL DeSantis campaign ad rips Trump for not firing Fauci
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2023, 06:58:42 pm »
I disagree.  The risk for DeSantis was equally risky; either way you look at it he was responsible for over 20 million people -- what he did rested on his shoulders.  Trump eventually left the handling of COVID to the states.  How Trump now feels he can ridicule DeSantis' actions that he took on COVID is beyond ridiculous.  Bottom line is DeSantis succeeded and Trump continued to play into the hands of Fauci.

That's probably right. What he did rested on his shoulders. And he did right by it. That cannot be argued. He did a damn good job.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2023, 07:06:46 pm »
Elon Musk is much wealthier than Trump, and folks around here seem to like him just fine.

Great point!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2023, 07:22:44 pm »
DeSantis can claim he would have fired Fauci all he wants to. If he was the president back in 2020 he would have been relying on the same health officials. I highly doubt he would have done anything substantially different.

He DID something substantially different. Do you think that a different appellation would matter in that?

Online LMAO

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2023, 07:23:18 pm »
Elon Musk is much wealthier than Trump, and folks around here seem to like him just fine.

But he’s not orange and rude wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2023, 07:56:43 pm »
But he’s not orange and rude wink777
Well there is also that thing where Musk knows how to get people working together to accomplish his goals  :pondering: gee I wonder why he can do that while Trump.......

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2023, 08:08:23 pm »
Well there is also that thing where Musk knows how to get people working together to accomplish his goals  :pondering: gee I wonder why he can do that while Trump.......

I would be a little wary of going down that road.  As a business person, Trump was also able to get people to work toward a common goal that he set.  The problem is that business skills are not, per se, an indication of political leadership skills.  There is always this seductive desire to say that a good businessperson would be a good political leader; Trump's disastrous example should have driven a spike through the heart of that particular notion, and driven all of the nails into its coffin as well.

One would have to figure out if Musk, in addition to being a good business leader, also has the skillset needed for a political leader.

Offline DB

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2023, 08:17:23 pm »
I would be a little wary of going down that road.  As a business person, Trump was also able to get people to work toward a common goal that he set.  The problem is that business skills are not, per se, an indication of political leadership skills.  There is always this seductive desire to say that a good businessperson would be a good political leader; Trump's disastrous example should have driven a spike through the heart of that particular notion, and driven all of the nails into its coffin as well.

One would have to figure out if Musk, in addition to being a good business leader, also has the skillset needed for a political leader.

Musk was very successful at getting government to guarantee loans for his business ventures. So clearly he knows how to play to politicians to the point of if his bet succeeds he wins and if his bet fails the taxpayer loses.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2023, 08:18:40 pm »
You’re still avoiding the question. I didn’t ask you what you thought of Ron DeSantis nor did I ask you to make one of your infamous strawman arguments.

You blast others on here for saying that they won’t vote for Trump if he is the nominee as helping Biden get reelected

So, how are you not helping Biden get reelected if DeSantis is the nominee and you don’t vote for him?

Doesn’t that same standard apply to you or is your stand somehow so golden that you’re exempted?

I will not be voting for Trump should he be the nominee. But I’m not gonna wag my fingers at those that won’t vote for Ron DeSantis or any other Republican who may get the nomination

@LMAO

Isn't it obvious?

I will NOT vote for DeSanctimonious as President because I won't vote for him in the primary.

He is a career politician whose policies and opinions change with  the wind shifts,and his only concern is  looking out for "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2023, 08:21:29 pm »
He promoted them early and quickly folded. He let his administration prevent people from having access to those things. He was the executive in charge of his own administration.

@DB

In OTHER words,Trump did NOT ban them,someone in his  administration banned them,but this isn't going to stop  you from blaming it on "Rude Orange  Rich Man".

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2023, 08:22:16 pm »
Musk was very successful at getting government to guarantee loans for his business ventures. So clearly he knows how to play to politicians to the point of if his bet succeeds he wins and if his bet fails the taxpayer loses.

Yes, but Trump was also decent at getting projects approved, so he also knows how to play to politicians.  He just doesn't know how to be a political leader himself.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2023, 08:24:42 pm »
Class warfare. 
Uhuh.  Aren't you the one who said we were out of touch if we didn't approve of government-funded welfare?

A flat  out lie,but you  know that and knew it when you decided to label SS retirement as  a form of welfare,DESPITE the FACT that working class people where and are forced into paying into it for their entire working lives so they will have an income once they get too old to work.

I vaguely recall some tale about you having to pull all of your daddy's teeth out with a post hole digger, because his evil boss wouldn't give him the afternoon off.

You REALLY need to work on making your lies at least semi-believable,comrade.

Offline DB

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2023, 08:25:43 pm »
@DB

In OTHER words,Trump did NOT ban them,someone in his  administration banned them,but this isn't going to stop  you from blaming it on "Rude Orange  Rich Man".

Who the hell is the head of his administration if not him? He's responsible for what his administration does.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2023, 08:28:06 pm »
I agree @sneakypete ---- for many the disdain for Trump and envy of the man are tightly intertwined. 

But, I'm not convinced warm and fuzzy is in them ---- especially for the working class.  If it was, they'd be able to hear the American workers' support for the bad, rich orange man, and support him, too. 🍊

@Right_in_Virginia

You do have a valid point. They are the stereotypical VERY tiny  minority of Republicans  that don't  give a damn about anyone but "Me,ME,ME,DAMMIT!".

The truth of the matter is they would be a better fit with the DNC ruling class,but  just don't have enough  money to party down with their idols.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2023, 08:32:37 pm »
Who the hell is the head of his administration if not him? He's responsible for what his administration does.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2023, 08:36:40 pm »

I would not even go that far... CEOs come in all varieties.... The most successful being the team leader. But many, many fancy themselves emperors, and wind up nothing more than a figurehead, with the lion's share of the working end found in the COO and CAO/CFO, to include real decision making.

That's fine and all... the company still prospers because of the work and team building of the underlings... But the CEO is nothing but a pampered talking bobble-head.

That a company is successful, like if it is not, falls to the credit or failure of the CEO... but that does not mean he is the critical piece. Often he is not.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:45:38 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2023, 08:42:00 pm »
@LMAO

Isn't it obvious?

I will NOT vote for DeSanctimonious as President because I won't vote for him in the primary.

He is a career politician whose policies and opinions change with  the wind shifts,and his only concern is  looking out for "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

@sneakypete

A term in congress and two terms as governor does not make a 'career'. Coming on it... But he's been a JAG lawyer and a lawyer before it.

His policies are rock-hard and shift for nothing. His record belies your statement.

You obviously have not taken the time to look at his record.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2023, 08:43:07 pm »
@DB

The buck stops at the top.

Offline DB

« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2023, 08:48:08 pm »
The buck stops at the top.

The amazing thing is the buck doesn't stop with Trump, pretty much ever. He's powerless to this or that within his OWN administration. While at the same time they scream that it is imperative that Trump be elected to fix all these things or we're doomed... They are completely oblivious to the glaring contradiction of it all. Only he can "fix it" but he doesn't have the power to fix it... Over and over...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2023, 08:50:49 pm »
The amazing thing is the buck doesn't stop with Trump, pretty much ever. He's powerless to this or that within his OWN administration. While at the same time they scream that it is imperative that Trump be elected to fix all these things or we're doomed... They are completely oblivious to the glaring contradiction of it all. Only he can "fix it" but he doesn't have the power to fix it... Over and over...

YEP. It has confounded me all the way along. PSST! The Emperor is buck nekkid!

LOL! You just gotta know that was a redneck boy!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2023, 08:51:23 pm »

Yup.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2023, 09:02:24 pm »
You're talking about "right" in the context of avoiding a negative political reaction, which is how I think Trump viewed "right" as well.

But that's the entire problem - what's "right" should based on what is best for the citizens of the country, not what is best for avoiding political attacks.  The fact that Trump did not view it that way is the entire point.

@Maj. Bill Martin

There were some governors - DeSantis among them - who looked at the available evidence, decided that the recommendations of the federal government were wrong, and did what they thought was right for their states - the reaction of the MSM and social media be damned.

DeSantis in particular became the focus of leftist and MSM criticism because Florida  has the third largest state in the country, and with the largest population of elderly.  He was actually called a murderer for defying federal recommendations, opening up his state, and not following masking recommendations.

The point is that DeSantis was willing to take all of that criticism because he was determined to do what was right for the citizens of his state.  

HorseHillary! He was doing what he HAD to do in order to get elected in a state filled with retired people. It was "Selfish  Self Interest" at play,not morality.

Trump didn't get that same level of criticism from the left regarding COVID because he instead chose what to do was "right" for his own political future.  And he actually admits it!

There were and ARE more important things for a President to worry about that some BS disease created by The  Billionaire Boys Club and their Chicom butt-buddies,and in order to get elected or re-elected,you you have to focus on those things.

Also,consider that in order to really do anything effective,you  need the support of Congress.

Not to mention a second term. Seems like none of them get much done that is positive in their first terms because the job is obviously new to them,and they are still learning it and who  they can trust to back them,and who they can't.

With the exception of  Slow Joe,of course. I honestly don't think he understand anything he says or does,and just says or does them because he has spent his whole adult life in politics,so he didn't understand the moral difference between telling the truth or lying.

Which actually puts him a BIG moral step about the Clinton Crime Family  because if they have a choice,they will ALWAYS lie because their whole lives are built and supported by lying.

There may have been a more evil family occupying the WH since the forming of America,but I honestly can't think of one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2023, 09:09:20 pm »
Denying people access to other medications/treatments that were in use for many decades without serious side effects is no minor thing. That shouldn't have happened at any stage of this.

@DB

I agree,but since  Trump never went to  medical school,he did what anyone else in his position would do,he relied on the advise of his medial advisors. Unfortunately for him as well as the rest of us,Fauci
was and is a political whore who would stick a knife in his  mother's back if you offered him enough money.

Being a President is a VERY complex job,and I don't give a damn who  it is in the WH,they MUST rely  on their advisors telling them how  to respond to any issue  they are not personally familiar with.

Here is where the life-long pols had an advantage over Trump. They knew where to look and ask to  get the ACCURATE information they needed. Trump didn't have  this advantage,and the career pols (including those who were gooberment employees) stabbed him in the back more often than they supported him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2023, 09:14:46 pm »
DeSantis can claim he would have fired Fauci all he wants to. If he was the president back in 2020 he would have been relying on the same health officials. I highly doubt he would have done anything substantially different.

@bigheadfred

Nor would ANY other President that hadn't spend his life as a medical professional. It might take "good political instincts" to run a nation,but  it takes  an actual  intensive specialized medical degree to be a competent doctor/surgeon.

Online libertybele

« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2023, 09:14:56 pm »
@DB

I agree,but since  Trump never went to  medical school,he did what anyone else in his position would do,he relied on the advise of his medial advisors. Unfortunately for him as well as the rest of us,Fauci
was and is a political whore who would stick a knife in his  mother's back if you offered him enough money.

Being a President is a VERY complex job,and I don't give a damn who  it is in the WH,they MUST rely  on their advisors telling them how  to respond to any issue  they are not personally familiar with.

Here is where the life-long pols had an advantage over Trump. They knew where to look and ask to  get the ACCURATE information they needed. Trump didn't have  this advantage,and the career pols (including those who were gooberment employees) stabbed him in the back more often than they supported him.

Oh come on.  Did Trump bother doing any research or question Fauci?  Even O'Bammy shut down Fauci's research feeling it was too risky!  No Trump doesn't get a free pass on this one.

I thought he handled many aspects of the pandemic well, but as far as Fauci goes, Trump made a grave error!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2023, 09:19:00 pm »
DeSantis shutdown FL for a short period of time and then opened it back up slowly in sectors.  As an example; He opened up parks and beaches, then about a week later he opened up restaurants with outdoor seating, and then restaurants were able to seat people indoors 6 feet apart, and then a few weeks later he opened up bars. Offices, medical, facilities and stores-- six feet apart for awhile. People got off of unemployment and went back to work.

Eventually, no masks, no 6 ft. distancing and we were free!

The disaster that we faced in FL was an unemployment system that was outdated and wasn't working -- some people who were laid off because of the pandemic weren't getting any $$. The system was so antiquated that it took people weeks to be able to access the system.  That was the fault of Rick Scott our former governor who wanted to keep unemployment numbers down, so the system was never updated and with people not able to access the system, they were not included in the unemployment count.

Living in FL I know first hand what we went through during the pandemic and how DeSantis successfully and quickly opened us back up.  He did right. Consequently people flocked to FL -- over 440,000 people moved here from 2021-2022.

Trump cannot dispute that.  Those are the facts.

@libertybele

Serious question. How did/does Fla handle things like unemployment claims,when so much of the population spent the majority of their lives living in other states and not paying a dime in to the Fla system?

Asking because I honestly don't know and never even thought to ask until this instant.