Author Topic: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs  (Read 6782 times)

Online LMAO

Re: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2023, 10:46:30 am »
On top of which, he cannot win elections, either.

Yup

MAGAs live in a world of extreme denial
He got extremely lucky in 2016. That luck hasn’t been repeated. Not just him but candidates that the Democrats can tie to him

When Biden did his “MAGA Republicans” speech just before the 2022 midterms, I thought that was an odd speech to give out of the blue. But they must’ve focus group that term because it worked and it is still working

And you  going to see more and more GOP candidates try to distance himself from Trump going forward.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2023, 11:29:07 am »
Let's review, shall we?  You choose winning elections over balancing the budget.  We get that.  But your boy Trump happened to run up more debt in four years than any other President in US history.  And the effect of that is that he and Republicans lost the 2018 and 2020 elections.  So clearly, there is something whack about your reasoning here.

The fact that they believe the issue of runaway spending is a red herring  tells me that not only are they “all in, no matter what” for Trump, but that they don’t understand or are just ignorant of the fiscal issues facing this country. To pay off the debt, the  Federal Government needs about $250,000 from each taxpayer. The inflation we are experiencing can be very much tied to the debt and deficits. In order to make up the difference when government deficit spends, the Federal Government has to borrow. But you can only borrow so much and, with interest rates rising, borrowing will become more expensive. So we print the difference. The seeds for the current inflation were planted during the Trump era. Biden has helped fuel it

All GOP candidates need to make this THE issue. Culture Wars alone  won’t do it. And Trump can’t hide forever. He needs to be aggressively confronted on this issue otherwise we’ll become Greece on steroids
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 12:02:46 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2023, 04:29:34 pm »
You using the word "conservative" is almost getting blasphemous at this point.

Get a hold of yourself!  You're starting to sound insane.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2023, 04:51:18 pm »
Get a hold of yourself!  You're starting to sound insane.

When I hear populist Trumpy voters wanting to take us off the fiscal cliff like you?  Yeah that does make insane. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2023, 05:12:19 pm »
When I hear populist Trumpy voters wanting to take us off the fiscal cliff like you?  Yeah that does make insane.

Thelma and Louise floored the pedal years ago.  Why should WE suddenly give a damn about fiscal responsibility.

As far as the Democrat voter goes, all I'd be doing is making THEM 'suffer'.  With an adversarial mainstream media!

...yeah, THAT'S the ticket!!  That's the way to victory in November 2026 mid-terms.

And yeah...you've been acting frantic around here lately.  Chill, brother!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2023, 05:16:08 pm »
Thelma and Louise floored the pedal years ago.  Why should WE suddenly give a damn about fiscal responsibility.

Because we are good moral people who believe it to be a crime to saddle others with our debt?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2023, 05:24:14 pm »
Because we are good moral people who believe it to be a crime to saddle others with our debt?

LOL!  At the rate we're going, maybe they can put that on your headstone??

My prediction, which I surely won't see, but you may...

The United States ceding Alaska and the Hawaii Islands to China to pay off a debt.  And you should pray that's all they'll take.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2023, 05:38:13 pm »
LOL!  At the rate we're going, maybe they can put that on your headstone??

My prediction, which I surely won't see, but you may...

The United States ceding Alaska and the Hawaii Islands to China to pay off a debt.  And you should pray that's all they'll take.

Well that's a bit ridiculous... Alaska and Hawaii are sovereign. The United States does not have the authority to sell them.

« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2023, 05:42:49 pm »

You accused me of "blasphemy" against conservatives.  That's over the top, bro.   :laugh:

« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2023, 05:45:05 pm »

:facepalm2:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2023, 05:48:38 pm »
Why should I care?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2023, 05:55:57 pm »

Reading that next to your year-long virtue-signaling avatar...all I can do is  :rolling:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2023, 06:13:05 pm »

More than that, because sooner or later you run out of other peoples' money (h/t to a great lady).

« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2023, 06:20:59 pm »
More than that, because sooner or later you run out of other peoples' money (h/t to a great lady).

Shiny.Red.Herring. Alert!

Let's not discuss the topic of the thread. :nono:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2023, 06:26:31 pm »
Shiny.Red.Herring. Alert!

Let's not discuss the topic of the thread. :nono:

Bullshit. It is just that you can't defend it in the least.
And never will. Small government is the root of every fight. And the one that matters.

The absurdity of defending a government that costs more than the entire combined income  of the whole United States is appalling.

« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2023, 06:36:51 pm »
Bullshit. It is just that you can't defend it in the least.

Stop spamming every damn thread. Start you own sub-forum on Federal Spending and stop blocking discussion on every other issue.

It's gone beyond annoying ---- it's starting to reek of subterfuge.  And, it's enough.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2023, 06:43:01 pm »
Stop spamming every damn thread. Start you own sub-forum on Federal Spending and stop blocking discussion on every other issue.

It's gone beyond annoying ---- it's starting to reek of subterfuge.  And, it's enough.

I will NOT. It is *THE* giant elephant in the room, and y'all are doing *NOTHING* about it. Not a damn thing. No wonder you can't defend it.

Online LMAO

« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2023, 06:43:25 pm »
Well, it’s nice to see MAGAs finally admit to what just a year or two ago they referred as a nonsense claim and that is they, in fact, do want grow the size of the federal government and continue the unsustainable spending

I believe 2024 for the GOP may end up being more similar to 1976. The Republican Party is a mess, and  I’m not really  sold on the idea that DeSantis is the guy to change that although his record on the spending issue while in Congress was much better than that of Donald Trump’s as president. Maybe we’ll get lucky in 2028.

Despite noise being made from the likes of RFK, jr, the Democrat party machine and money is going to be behind Joe Biden’s reelection. And the media is going to also be 100% behind the reelection of Joe Biden.

All done  hijacking
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 06:50:04 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2023, 06:44:59 pm »
That is, btw, the very epitome of being satisfied with candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2023, 06:50:29 pm »
I will NOT. It is *THE* giant elephant in the room, and y'all are doing *NOTHING* about it. Not a damn thing. No wonder you can't defend it.

@roamer_1

For someone who always jumps in to tell us how knowledgeable you are about any task/situation, you really disappoint us with your bullshit position on blaming President Trump on spending during his term.

What politician in THIS climate would oppose sending out stimulus checks in a campaign reelection year...in the middle of a fraud 'pandemic'.   In any party.  Hell..any planet!  Any galaxy!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2023, 06:54:11 pm »
@roamer_1

For someone who always jumps in to tell us how knowledgeable you are about any task/situation, you really disappoint us with your bullshit position on blaming President Trump on spending during his term.

@DCPatriot

The buck stops at the top. No exception for Tumpy. Nobody is giving that excuse to Bidet.... Or to any president that came before.It is his hit to take, and he deserves it. Right between the eyes. No president in history spent more. And not a single veto. His name is on every bit of it.

What politician in THIS climate would oppose sending out stimulus checks in a campaign reelection year...in the middle of a fraud 'pandemic'.   In any party.  Hell..any planet!  Any galaxy!

A Conservative one.

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2023, 07:06:13 pm »
Well, it’s nice to see MAGAs finally admit to what just a year or two ago they referred as a nonsense claim and that is they, in fact, do want grow the size of the federal government and continue the unsustainable spending

@LMAO

« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:09:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2023, 07:08:08 pm »
@DCPatriot

The buck stops at the top. No exception for Tumpy. Nobody is giving that excuse to Bidet.... Or to any president that came before.It is his hit to take, and he deserves it. Right between the eyes. No president in history spent more. And not a single veto. His name is on every bit of it.

A Conservative one.

You're the poster-boy of Conservatism!  Hip-Hooray!
THAT, and $2 gets you a 16oz coffee at the 7-11.

Name a Conservative who would have vetoed a damned thing...in REAL TIME!

Picking a name out your behind won't do!  You can't.  Because it's tantamount to 'suicide' politically.

Having the CDC provide guidelines for States to follow...shutting down businesses and contact with dying family?

You're too smart to walk around here expecting us to believe your argument.

Suggest you put your hand in your pocket and make a peace sign with the other.  (Janis Joplin reference)   happy77

Online LMAO

« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2023, 07:09:03 pm »

I won’t argue with you on this.  I didn’t like the shutdowns and all the checks being sent out and I knew it would lead to inflation but I wasn’t president and running for reelection at the time.  I tend to be more merciful on Donald Trump when it comes to Covid as he was very new in politics and there were very few who shined during the pandemic. Kristi Noem was probably one of the best. But she was an anomaly.

But COVID is over.  It’s not just his spending record before and during Covid. It’s also the fact that he is promising to be even worse should he be reelected.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2023, 07:10:37 pm »

@LMAO

Catchy meme

But reading your responses on this subject has made my point. And a meme doesn’t change that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:14:12 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater