Author Topic: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs  (Read 6599 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2023, 07:11:43 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia  @mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty

LOL!

With the thread already going to 7 pages... my opinion is we should let this conversation rip!   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2023, 07:15:52 pm »
Well that's a bit ridiculous... Alaska and Hawaii are sovereign. The United States does not have the authority to sell them.

Where did I say, "sell"?

wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2023, 07:18:32 pm »
Catchy meme

But reading your responses has made my point. And a meme doesn’t change that.

Luckily for you, I'm aware of your limited comprehension acumen --- so the debate on this will end here.  Best regards @LMAO   :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2023, 07:20:58 pm »
Luckily for you, I'm aware of your limited comprehension acumen --- so the debate on this will end here.  Best regards @LMAO   :beer:

Yeah, I don’t blame you. You’re losing an argument, then  throw out  a meme, and then an insult, and then run away.

What’s the line about playing chess with a pigeon? When they’re losing, they scatter the pieces, crap on the board, and then claim they won the game… Lol.

The problem you have is your posting history is here for all to see. Throwing out memes and insults is not a debate. That’s just a non-admission from you that you know  you’ve lost the argument.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:29:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2023, 07:22:05 pm »

LOL!

With the thread already going to 7 pages... my opinion is we should let this conversation rip!   :laugh:

Ping me to anything you think I'd be interested in @DCPatriot   Thanks!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2023, 07:22:12 pm »
You're the poster-boy of Conservatism!  Hip-Hooray!
THAT, and $2 gets you a 16oz coffee at the 7-11.

Name a Conservative who would have vetoed a damned thing...in REAL TIME!

Picking a name out your behind won't do!  You can't.  Because it's tantamount to 'suicide' politically.

How would you know if it's never tried? LOL! Of course it's tried. The TEA Party movement was about small government EXACTLY. The biggest most successful overturning in history was about small government and stopping spending. And the Congressional Freedom Caucus grew from that. And DeSantis grew from that.

Having the CDC provide guidelines for States to follow...shutting down businesses and contact with dying family?

Tumpy was part of that, not me. More businesses failed under Tumpy than ever too, I'd bet.

You're too smart to walk around here expecting us to believe your argument.

I don't know why you wouldn't believe it. I am sincere and have not moved an inch.

Suggest you put your hand in your pocket and make a peace sign with the other.  (Janis Joplin reference)   happy77

Sorry... Hippies and commune-ism is more your venue...

:whistle: :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2023, 07:25:30 pm »
Where did I say, "sell"?

wink777

Relinquishing ownership requires a deed. That deed is in the hands of the People and the state sovereign... not the United States.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2023, 07:29:45 pm »
I won’t argue with you on this.  I didn’t like the shutdowns and all the checks being sent out and I knew it would lead to inflation but I wasn’t president and running for reelection at the time.  I tend to be more merciful on Donald Trump when it comes to Covid as he was very new in politics and there were very few who shined during the pandemic. Kristi Noem was probably one of the best. But she was an anomaly.

But COVID is over.  It’s not just his spending record before and during Covid. It’s also the fact that he is promising to be even worse should he be reelected.

@LMAO

:beer:

My feeling regarding his remarks on "Freedom Cities"...it merely an off-the-cuff response to the reporting by the media that the Democrats were going to make "Green Cities"...which to us as Conservatives would be living under a repressive government.

He said they'd be cities (his Freedom Cities) where you could buy a gas stove (They just 'outlawed' them in New York State), and be able to purchase a gasoline powered automobile and fuel to run it...for less than $3 @ gallon!    happy77
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:30:42 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2023, 07:30:19 pm »
Yeah, I don’t blame you. Your losing an argument, then  throw out  a meme, and then an insult, and then run away.

Here's  pointing-up  another example of the comprehensive problems you struggle with.   Bless your heart.   happy77

Offline LMAO

« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2023, 07:33:06 pm »
Here's  pointing-up  another example of the comprehensive problems you struggle with.   Bless your heart.   happy77

Uh huh
Pigeon, chess…

Keep digging…lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2023, 07:34:16 pm »
I tend to be more merciful on Donald Trump when it comes to Covid as he was very new in politics and there were very few who shined during the pandemic.

I was all FOR him as he started on it. But he lost his nerve and folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair. And everything that comes after that is on him.

And that is no small thing. Allowing antivirals to be outlawed when he knew better from experience is unconscionable. Egregious.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2023, 07:37:45 pm »
Relinquishing ownership requires a deed. That deed is in the hands of the People and the state sovereign... not the United States.

@roamer_1

This ain't a courtroom.  It's REALVILLE!

If China were to overrun Hawaii and occupy/control all of Alaska, what would the Biden/Obama Administration do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DykZEOV5wD4

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2023, 07:38:24 pm »
This thread is a hamster wheel obstacle course.  :seeya:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2023, 07:40:54 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia
Please stop suggesting members have comprehensive problems...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2023, 07:49:52 pm »
@roamer_1

This ain't a courtroom.  It's REALVILLE!

If China were to overrun Hawaii and occupy/control all of Alaska, what would the Biden/Obama Administration do?

Dunno about Hawaii, but Alaska foremost, and the Northwest (both the US and Canada) would have plenty to say about it. Come and take it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2023, 08:44:40 pm »
I was all FOR him as he started on it. But he lost his nerve and folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair. And everything that comes after that is on him.

And that is no small thing. Allowing antivirals to be outlawed when he knew better from experience is unconscionable. Egregious.

Hopefully, if there is another pandemic, there’s more pushback.  A lot of this Covid stuff is Monday morning quarterbacking. I just hope that society learned a good lesson, and if they try something like this again, we do what the Chinese people did when their government tried to lock them down again.

I thought it was very unfair when the news networks were tallying the death toll in 2020 from Covid and pinning it all on Donald Trump. Yet when more died from Covid under Biden, Biden somehow mysteriously escaped any blame.

It became obvious early on that Covid was being used politically. The first indication of that came when every Trump rally was a super spreader, but any Black Lives Matter riots  were more important than Covid lockdowns. A virus does not have any political affiliation.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2023, 09:11:16 pm »
  I tend to be more merciful on Donald Trump when it comes to Covid as he was very new in politics....

He was more than 3 years into being president. That's not like Bush getting hit with 9/11 after 8 months in, that's three full years of experience in governing as President, firing and replacing cabinet members and advisors, etc.. 

I don't think his political experience had anything to do with why he handled that crisis the way he didn't.. You could have put somebody like Steve Forbes in there, who had no political experience either, and he would have handled it completely differently.

The issue was not Donald Trump's lack of political experience. The issue was Donald Trump did not and does not possess consistent any political principles regarding the size and scope of government. He simply doesn't care about that issue at all. So, when the crisis occurred, he happily defaulted to the most expedient route because the size and scope of government was and is a non-issue for him.   If it would have happened in the last year of an 8-year presidency, he'd have done the exact same thing.

....and there were very few who shined during the pandemic. Kristi Noem was probably one of the best. But she was an anomaly.

I would argue the reason there were so few was precisely because of Donald Trump delegating that authority to bureaucrats. That meant that any politician who oppose those measures was swimming uphill against the federal government. Absent the federal government taking those positions, I think a lot more governors would have done what people like Noem and DeSantis did.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 09:13:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2023, 09:18:24 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Please stop suggesting members have comprehensive problems...

Ok @mystery-ak   happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2023, 11:44:49 pm »
Hopefully, if there is another pandemic, there’s more pushback.  A lot of this Covid stuff is Monday morning quarterbacking. I just hope that society learned a good lesson, and if they try something like this again, we do what the Chinese people did when their government tried to lock them down again.

I thought it was very unfair when the news networks were tallying the death toll in 2020 from Covid and pinning it all on Donald Trump. Yet when more died from Covid under Biden, Biden somehow mysteriously escaped any blame.

It became obvious early on that Covid was being used politically. The first indication of that came when every Trump rally was a super spreader, but any Black Lives Matter riots  were more important than Covid lockdowns. A virus does not have any political affiliation.

Regardless of side... The bare fact that I had to illegally suck horse paste is a sure cause against all of them. And the millions which were denied proper care through the use of antivirals AND DIED is an ironclad reason to deny ALL of them access to levers of power.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2023, 12:18:41 am »

LOL!

Sorry, I have not  been following this thread.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2023, 01:01:56 am »
What politician in THIS climate would oppose sending out stimulus checks in a campaign reelection year...in the middle of a fraud 'pandemic'.

One who isn't a complete whore.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2023, 01:06:57 am »
whole.

@LMAO is 100% accurate.  You have been doing it for years now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-