Author Topic: Biden seeks to flip the script on ‘freedom’ in 2024  (Read 737 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden seeks to flip the script on ‘freedom’ in 2024
by Brett Samuels - 05/02/23 6:00 AM ET

President Biden is flipping the script on Republicans by casting himself as the protector of “freedom,” going on offense by using a word and concept conservatives have frequently cited to push back on the president and his party.

Biden’s campaign launch video was titled “Freedom,” and he referenced “freedom” or “freedoms” six times over the course of the clip. The campaign’s first official ad used those words seven times.

The president’s team has used the term aggressively to tie Republicans, and in particular his political foe Donald Trump, to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol that some in the GOP have been reluctant to condemn and to highlight GOP efforts to curb abortion access and squash dissent in statehouses.

“It’s pretty clear the strategy here is going to be, ‘Republicans are coming after our freedoms and our ability to do X, Y and Z,” said one Democratic strategist. “Those are typically talking points Republicans use, so we are playing on their turf and winning.”

The effort puts Biden on a collision course with Trump, former Vice President Pence and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), who all frequently talk about freedom even as their visions for the country diverge sharply with Biden’s.

Biden has been embracing the idea of freedom and pitching himself as the candidate most willing to defend basic freedoms in the early days of his 2024 campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3982207-biden-seeks-to-flip-the-script-on-freedom-in-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden seeks to flip the script on ‘freedom’ in 2024
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 01:21:58 pm »
The same guy who tried to force a vaccine mandate on the public and create a Disinformation Czar going to lecture us on freedom???
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 01:24:23 pm »
And he will likely have the media's full complicity in doing so. Prepare yourselves.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 01:43:30 pm »
The only "freedoms" supported by Democrats are not freedoms at all: killing your unborn children, and sexualizing the living ones.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 02:01:49 pm »
And he will likely have the media's full complicity in doing so. Prepare yourselves.

Exactly.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 02:50:14 pm »
"Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins."  American leftists want freedom without accountability.  Unfortunately, we have a ton of conservatives who think the government should never be used to push back on abusers.  You cannot sit out the culture war ... the culture war will find you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 04:44:00 pm »
The same guy who tried to force a vaccine mandate on the public and create a Disinformation Czar going to lecture us on freedom???

Biden did force a vaccine mandate on the public ----- and he still controls information, even without a czar.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 11:16:13 pm »
I just saw a commercial were Biden and the Democrats are running claiming that he’s going to be the defender of our democracy and freedom

We are well over a year from the next presidential election.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 11:50:57 pm »
"Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins."  American leftists want freedom without accountability.  Unfortunately, we have a ton of conservatives who think the government should never be used to push back on abusers.  You cannot sit out the culture war ... the culture war will find you.

Freedom is not a Conservative idea.

Conservatives hail liberty.

Liberty has responsibilities.
Freedom has consequences.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 11:55:46 pm »
Freedom is not a Conservative idea.

Conservatives hail liberty.

Liberty has responsibilities.
Freedom has consequences.

Individual liberty and personal responsibility are inextricably linked together. You simply cannot have one without the other.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 12:01:40 am »
Individual liberty and personal responsibility are inextricably linked together. You simply cannot have one without the other.

Precisely right.  :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023, 12:46:05 am »
The commercial that Biden‘s Team is running against both DeSantis and Trump as threats to freedom

Their strategy is to define both Trump and Ron DeSantis early. That means Team Biden doesn’t believe that Trump is the inevitable nominee so they’re covering their bases
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 12:55:16 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater