Author Topic: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs  (Read 6913 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: DeSantis underwhelms Britain’s business chiefs
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2023, 11:01:45 pm »
Three years ago... Mid-COVID... HELL YES I am better off. And I am from a FREE state, and I despise Bidet.

Not a good statement for your guy to play on.

And mark my words: Tumpy ain't gonna fix it by throwing the printing presses into high gear this time.

Don't be such a narcissistic pr*ck @roamer_1    The sun doesn't rise and set on only the Rockies.

You show immaturity and disrespect referring to him as such.

That all said, we've both seen this before.

When I got into real estate back in 1978-79, fixed 30 year rates were 12-7/8%  In order to bring some sense to the economy, that's going to happen again.

And with an incessant negative press and the likes of YOU (I can single you out and use CAPS too)  and others on the board, the GOP will get slaughtered in the 2026 mid-terms.

We're back in the same boat...how soon you forget.  The SCOTUS court needs to be protected. 

The voting requirements (photo ID, current utility bill verifying address) in all '57' States, and the thorough sifting of the voter rolls to removed deceased registered voters.

Unless and until that becomes law of the land...elections are a joke and we're a banana republic.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2023, 11:02:24 pm »
The RNC convention -- now that's an interesting subject.  Let's just say they hated Cruz more than Trump and handed Trump the nomination.

Yep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2023, 11:06:34 pm »
   Keep it up @roamer_1 in spite of what other Briefers say.
   You and your Independece INSPIRE many here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2023, 11:06:56 pm »
Don't be such a narcissistic pr*ck @roamer_1    The sun doesn't rise and set on only the Rockies.

What, a prolific spender?  A champion of debt increase?  A Swamp empowerer?

The voting requirements (photo ID, current utility bill verifying address) in all '57' States, and the thorough sifting of the voter rolls to removed deceased registered voters.

Unless and until that becomes law of the land...elections are a joke and we're a banana republic.

Trump had four years to fix it, but chose to defer to the GOP Establishment just like he did with everything else.  But I'm sure Ronna McDaniel is on it right now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2023, 11:16:09 pm »
   The next 2 years will be a Disaster too, JUST....

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2023, 11:19:33 pm »

That all said, we've both seen this before.

When I got into real estate back in 1978-79, fixed 30 year rates were 12-7/8%  In order to bring some sense to the economy, that's going to happen again.

And with an incessant negative press and the likes of YOU (I can single you out and use CAPS too)  and others on the board, the GOP will get slaughtered in the 2026 mid-terms.

We're back in the same boat...how soon you forget.  The SCOTUS court needs to be protected. 

So then why the push for Trump?  They'll steal is already in.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2023, 11:34:41 pm »

@DCPatriot

Of course not... No matter where you go, things are all the same (that's why I am a Conservative)
What changes place to place is folks ability to see reality.

Toward which one? Tumpy or Bidet? Surely not Tumpy, because the very reason I call him Tumpy is because of his own 'immature and disrespectful' use of the very same thing - Does 'DeSanctimonious' bring anything to mind?

Sorry, but 13 points ain't gonna begin to touch this thing.

GREAT! So long as they are selling big government from the right (your boy included and foremost), they'll get nothing but my loud and continuous disgust. Small government is a hard Conservative line, and I will demand it.

You see that as obstinate... But I assure you it is not. It is the hill to die upon, because anything else you might point to is immediately fixed by smaller government. Take their power away, or I assure you, they will kill us all... As history attests.

Great! Decimate the federal government, and that will fix it.

Great! Decimate the federal government and that will fix it. Where do you think all that federal money y'all printed went? Right into federal pockets to fund democrat causes - to include Antifa, and BLM, and election tampering.

What makes us a bannana republic is the insanely overweening government y'all helped to create.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2023, 11:44:24 pm »
Great! Decimate the federal government and that will fix it. Where do you think all that federal money y'all printed went? Right into federal pockets to fund democrat causes - to include Antifa, and BLM, and election tampering.

Spot on.  There was no shortage of money for any Democrat candidate in 2022.  And all of it came directly from some new spending bill that Congress passed.  And Republicans let them get away with it.  So I say to hell with that.  Stop being stupid.  If you want to end the Democrat Party today, then end deficit spending.  Because without it, they have no power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2023, 11:48:42 pm »
Spot on.  There was no shortage of money for any Democrat candidate in 2022.  And all of it came directly from some new spending bill that Congress passed.  And Republicans let them get away with it.  So I say to hell with that.  Stop being stupid.  If you want to end the Democrat Party today, then end deficit spending.  Because without it, they have no power.

Uh...you have to WIN elections in the REAL world.  Not the one between your ears.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2023, 11:50:24 pm »

Exactly right. And what good is a party or campaign that will not address the the elephant in the room?

And that fact that that elephant has his trunk just as deeply in the government trough as the donkey does.

We have to STOP being distracted by shiny sh*t - by messiahs that do *NOTHING* - and do the hard work to fight for REAL change. An that sure as hell won't be found in Tumpy and big government from the right.

It's a damnable lie.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2023, 11:53:18 pm »
Uh...you have to WIN elections in the REAL world.  Not the one between your ears.

Again, back to what @roamer_1 said:  "Decimate the federal government and that will fix it. Where do you think all that federal money y'all printed went? Right into federal pockets to fund democrat causes - to include Antifa, and BLM, and election tampering."

You want to win elections?  Then start by balancing the budget.  Do that, and no Democrat candidate will be able to afford to run for office.  You can kiss that $100+ million war chest of Rafael Warnock goodbye.  Republicans win across the board.

Stop being such a bleep.  Don't be afraid to do the right thing.  Restore the limitations of our Founding Fathers by cutting off funding for Democrat vote-buying.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2023, 12:01:53 am »
Again, back to what @roamer_1 said:  "Decimate the federal government and that will fix it. Where do you think all that federal money y'all printed went? Right into federal pockets to fund democrat causes - to include Antifa, and BLM, and election tampering."

You want to win elections?  Then start by balancing the budget.  Do that, and no Democrat candidate will be able to afford to run for office.  You can kiss that $100+ million war chest of Rafael Warnock goodbye.  Republicans win across the board.

Stop being such a bleep.  Don't be afraid to do the right thing.  Restore the limitations of our Founding Fathers by cutting off funding for Democrat vote-buying.

"Blah-Blah-Blah"  same crap different day.

You can't "...do the right thing" unless you are in the MAJORITY!

To become the MAJORITY means you have to win NOW...awwwwww WTF am I wasting time talking to the wall?

22222frying pan

hoodat    DC

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2023, 12:11:48 am »
To become the MAJORITY means you have to win NOW...awwwwww WTF am I wasting time talking to the wall?

@DCPatriot
Supporting big government from the right is not winning, no matter how you slice it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2023, 12:19:40 am »
The only way to shrink the size of the government is to drag it out back and whack huge bloody chunks out of it.  And no one is willing to do that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2023, 12:26:14 am »

Same 'ignoring the truth' every day for you.

False.  Trump could have done it himself if he so choose.  Congress can't force him to spend money.  But then Trump would first have to be a Conservative, which he is not.

Passing any spending bill requires 60 Senate votes for cloture.  The Dems only have 51.  So 41 Republican Senators can block any spending bill without being in the majority.

To become the MAJORITY means you have to win NOW...

You can't win now if you keep using Fed printing presses to fund the Democrats.  Not sure why you are unable to understand that.  Even a fifth grader can figure that one out.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2023, 12:29:11 am »

If you want to end the DEM party you have to play the same game. Have conservatives run as liberals under the DEM ticket and have them vote conservative.

Have as many conservatives run for Supervisor of Elections in their county.  Have a many conservatives at the polls counting votes.

Vote in conservatives at the local level; especially the school boards.  Bring back the U.S. flag in every classroom, mandate students recite the 'Pledge of Allegiance", incorporate new history books which define the patriotism that made this country great, etc.  Next, ELECTION INTEGRITY is paramount. 

We're too late to the this game though I'm afraid.  IF we don't gain more conservative seats in the House in '24, it's over.  It would be nice to pick up a couple of Senate seats but I see that as unlikely.

My two cents for what it's worth.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2023, 01:17:02 am »
The only way to shrink the size of the government is to drag it out back and whack huge bloody chunks out of it.  And no one is willing to do that.

That’s because every spending program has a constituency. People will say that spending should be cut as long as it’s not “their”  spending program

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2023, 01:24:43 am »
If you want to end the Democrat Party today, then end deficit spending.  Because without it, they have no power.

Yup

Otherwise, what do they have to run on? This is why Trump going after successful conservative leadership in Florida is frustrating for many of us. What Trump is saying is basically republican /conservative policies and leadership fails. Yet, compare Republican leadership in Florida versus Democrat leader ship in California, Illinois, and New York, which are hemorrhaging people to states like Florida.

Without that deficit spending as their lifeline to stuff war chests and promises to their various constituencies, they would actually have to run on their record, especially in the inner cities that they’ve been in charge of for the last several decades
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 01:34:56 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2023, 04:34:35 am »
That’s because every spending program has a constituency. People will say that spending should be cut as long as it’s not “their”  spending program

What we need is a real 'Drain the Swamp' President.  Too bad Trump wasn't one of those.  Give me someone who doesn't give a damn what other people think.  Someone who believes in the Constitution and is willing to die for it.  Someone on a suicide mission who is immune to Beltway corruption.  I would gladly be that guy myself, but my electability is less than zero.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2023, 05:31:10 am »

22222frying pan

hoodat    DC

It is exasperating @DCPatriot ----- and why I and others scroll past the insipid, mind-numbingingly repetitive nonsense rooted in fantastical thinking.  Fiscal spending is the shiny red herring thrown into every thread whenever a cogent discussion of conservatism and winning elections begins.

They must think they sound really, really smart, or something  :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2023, 05:45:49 am »
It is exasperating @DCPatriot ----- and why I and others scroll past the insipid, mind-numbingingly repetitive nonsense rooted in fantastical thinking.  Fiscal spending is the shiny red herring thrown into every thread whenever a cogent discussion of conservatism and winning elections begins.

Let's review, shall we?  You choose winning elections over balancing the budget.  We get that.  But your boy Trump happened to run up more debt in four years than any other President in US history.  And the effect of that is that he and Republicans lost the 2018 and 2020 elections.  So clearly, there is something whack about your reasoning here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2023, 09:49:33 am »

Shiny red herrings?  Is that a freakin' joke?  Shiny objects are crap like "Freedom Cities" that basically are going to soak those who are underwriting this disaster of federal debt, in deference of bread to the populist masses.   There may be comedy in your future, if you keep this up.

You using the word "conservative" is almost getting blasphemous at this point.  Orange man wouldn't know fiscal conservatism if it slapped him in the face.   If you think he is going to win this thing by using a that populist "soak the rich" agenda.....   Y'all have basically morphed into democratic-lite.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2023, 10:07:56 am »
Let's review, shall we?  You choose winning elections over balancing the budget.  We get that.  But your boy Trump happened to run up more debt in four years than any other President in US history.  And the effect of that is that he and Republicans lost the 2018 and 2020 elections.  So clearly, there is something whack about your reasoning here.

On top of which, he cannot win elections, either.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2023, 10:17:56 am »
On top of which, he cannot win elections, either.

Which means we need a laser focus boycott of any money going to Trump, and focus those resources  on winning the house and senate.

Legislative obstruction may be a better path and option than the  Orange Trojan Horse.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2023, 10:19:54 am »
Which means we need a laser focus boycott of any money going to Trump, and focus those resources  on winning the house and senate.

Legislative obstruction may be a better path and option than the  Orange Trojan Horse.   

:thumbsup: