Author Topic: Trump bashes John McCain's funeral in new book: 'Much like his wars, it never ended'  (Read 5730 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump bashes John McCain’s funeral in new book: ‘Much like his wars, it never ended’
By Jesse O’Neill   
April 26, 2023 4:29pm

Donald Trump’s contempt of Sen. John McCain in life and death is on full display in his new $95 book.

“Letters to Trump” features commentary about the war hero-turned-Republican stalwart from the former president, who mused that his 2018 state funeral was too long.

“I never warmed to him,” wrote Trump, “never felt good about anybody having anything to do with John McCain and never will, even despite the fact that at their request, I gave him the world’s longest funeral, 11 days. Much like his wars, it never ended.”

McCain’s memorial events actually spanned five days, not 11. He lay in state at the Arizona Capitol Building for a day ahead of a memorial service in Phoenix.

From there, his body was taken to Washington, DC, where he lay in state at the US Capitol for one day before a memorial at the Washington National Cathedral and burial at the United States Naval Academy Cemetery over the next two.

Trump was not invited to McCain’s funeral after the then-sitting president disparaged the disabled Vietnam veteran’s five and a half years as a prisoner of war while running for office.

Instead, former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush — who both thwarted McCain’s bids for the White House — were asked to eulogize McCain, who served as a senator from Arizona for 31 years before his death from brain cancer at the age of 81.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/trump-bashes-mccains-funeral-in-book-like-his-wars-it-never-ended/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why bring this up...why can't he STFU... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Man's been dead for 5 years now, and he is still bashing him?

What a piece of work..
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Man's been dead for 5 years now, and he is still bashing him?

What a piece of work..

Trump holds grudges. And they fester

Someone needs to tell Trump that dead people can’t hurt him anymore
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 09:27:31 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Why bring this up...why can't he STFU... 9999hair out0000

This is why he’s going to lose the election next year and why the label “ MAGA Republicans” has worked so well for Democrats
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All that aside, he's correct about McCain, the arrogant bastard.  The worst Senator we have had for Conservatives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is virtually  impossible to say too many bad  things about the traitor know as John Mclunatic. I wish he could be brought back to life so he could die again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Giving Trump a pass on this one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

McCain was the first presidential candidate that practically endorsed his opponent when he ran in 2008

Barry Goldwater

Offline GrouchoTex

If you don't go to their funeral, there's a good chance they won't come to yours!

I have no problem with going after opponents, politics ain't beanbag, but when they're gone, let it go, man.
Something to be said about hammering people that can't hammer back.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Maybe some hardcore Republicans are fine with this because they didn't like McCain.  But to anyone who doesn't follow politics obsessively, this is in horribly bad taste.

Offline cato potatoe

I never liked McCain, but Trump’s mouth is why we have permanent Obamacare.  McCain waited for the right opportunity, and he retaliated.  Repealing and replacing Obamacare was one of Trump’s core promises he failed to deliver.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I never liked McCain, but Trump’s mouth is why we have permanent Obamacare.  McCain waited for the right opportunity, and he retaliated.  Repealing and replacing Obamacare was one of Trump’s core promises he failed to deliver.

Exactly right.  His supporters tend to think it is funny and the sign of being "an alpha" when he goes after people like that.  But Trump's lack of class burned all of us to the tune of trillions down the road.

Offline libertybele

Maybe some hardcore Republicans are fine with this because they didn't like McCain.  But to anyone who doesn't follow politics obsessively, this is in horribly bad taste.

I agree. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
$95 for a book by Trump?! That’s a hard pass.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Never liked McCain (understatement of the week), but why smear his name when running for office. Trump did the same thing earlier when he attacked his time in enemy's hands (I forget exactly what he said, but it was in bad taste then as it is now).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:13:48 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If even spent 10% of the time he spends on vindictiveness toward something productive, just think what he could accomplish.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

If even spent 10% of the time he spends on vindictiveness toward something productive, just think what he could accomplish.

Exactly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

Writing as a VN  vet,I am fine with trashing McLunatic 24/7,digging up his grave,and pissing in his mouth.

BUT......,you are right when it comes to the general public and the spin that is put on it by the leftist media.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We All bashed McCain's week long funeral show   88devil

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
We All bashed McCain's week long funeral show   88devil

Yeah... but 99.999% of us have moved on too.  DJT takes vindictiveness to pathological levels.

Yeah... but 99.999% of us have moved on too.

Ping me when you write a book.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah... but 99.999% of us have moved on too.  DJT takes vindictiveness to pathological levels.

And 100% of us aren't running for office.

Veterans talk among each other about the details of other guys' service.  The Swift Boat Vets for Truth were entitled to say what they wanted about Kerry because some of them knew him personally, and all of them had been in his shoes.

For a guy like Trump -- whose closest thing to military service was playing dress-up in high school -- to denigrate a guy because he got shot down and captured is something that kind of pissed me off.  Attack him for anything else, but he essentially called him a loser because he got shot down.  Coming from a guy who escaped service because of daddy's money, that's just weak as hell.  You don't earn the right to say that unless you've put your ass on the line as well.

And 100% of us aren't running for office.

Veterans talk among each other about the details of other guys' service.  The Swift Boat Vets for Truth were entitled to say what they wanted about Kerry because some of them knew him personally, and all of them had been in his shoes.

For a guy like Trump -- whose closest thing to military service was playing dress-up in high school -- to denigrate a guy because he got shot down and captured is something that kind of pissed me off.  Attack him for anything else, but he essentially called him a loser because he got shot down.  Coming from a guy who escaped service because of daddy's money, that's just weak as hell.  You don't earn the right to say that unless you've put your ass on the line as well.

You've not heard of the expression "If you're explaining, you're losing", have you.   88devil