Author Topic: Trump bashes John McCain's funeral in new book: 'Much like his wars, it never ended'  (Read 5569 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You said this:
Neither Trump nor anyone else I have ever seen or talked to has denigrated McLunatic for getting shot down,

We countered that statement with Trump’s own words that he did denigrate McCain’s for getting shot down. You’re response to that was to lash out

McCain wasn’t an issue with conservatives because he was shot down and captured in Vietnam. It’s his record and treatment of conservatives while Senator. He was part of the problem

Not ENTIRELY true. I,and no one I have ever talked with blames him for getting shot down,and make no mistake about it,flying a fighter-bomber into North  VN was about as dangerous as it gets.

What fires MY outrage,and the outrage of many others is his conduct as a POW. No,I do NOT begrudge him the "special treatment" he got as a US Senators son. First  of all,he had no choice. He was a prisoner,and it was the NVA who decided where and how he was going to live.

MY problems with him,and I suspect the problems with  many  others are the persistent rumors of him giving anti-American speeches to Communist news outlets,as well as cooperating with  the enemy in other ways.

Jerimah Denton served as the shining example of how EVERY US POW should have conducted themselves,but no one sane really expects all the POW's to  live up to THOSE  standards.

Still,all indications are that McLunatic never even tried,and even willingly cooperated  with the communists.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@sneakypete

I have always steadfastly refused to comment on his POW days, because I was never in the military and in danger of becoming one.  I leave that to people who actually know about that.

However, he went on to become a politician waving that bloody shirt.  I voted for him once, when he first ran for Congress.  I immediately noticed hes a political Traitor to our cause.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You're likely one of those who mock vets in general because only dumb people go into the military, right?

You know nothing, absolutely nothing, about me or my family  --- again proving yourself a major disgrace --- desperate, disingenuous and disrespectful

Shove your post in your favorite bodily orafice.  @Maj. Bill Martin 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@catfish1957

I freaking LOVED serving in SF,and would have continued to serve until I died,but was put out on disability after 6 years. Agent Orange got me.

Having said that,I seriously doubt I would have enlisted if I had been born into the wealth and position that Trump was born into.

One big reason why I joined the army is I like to wander about and see things and meet people and cultures that I never would have seen or met if I had stayed at home.

Of course,if I had been born into Trump money instead of "Are we going to have enough  money to
 pay the light  bill this month?" money,traveling anywhere wouldn't have been a problem.

This all sounds like you enlisted, not drafted.  Is that correct?

If so, I'd say there is a difference morally between not enlisting voluntarily, and deliberately dodging the draft.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 yymouse

If so, I'd say there is a difference morally between not enlisting voluntarily, and deliberately dodging the draft.

@Maj. Bill Martin

You could say that. I was sworn in and sent off to basic training on my 17th birthday.

I started wearing paratrooper boots to school while in elementary school.

There was never even an "Option Number 2" in MY "book",even though  I was promised a full scholarship to a state university if I would stay in school long enough to graduate. Couldn't wait to get the HELL out of school and start living a real life.

Which,looking back may not have been THE best decision I ever made,but I sure was happy with it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
yymouse
@Maj. Bill Martin

You could say that. I was sworn in and sent off to basic training on my 17th birthday.

I started wearing paratrooper boots to school while in elementary school.

There was never even an "Option Number 2" in MY "book",even though  I was promised a full scholarship to a state university if I would stay in school long enough to graduate. Couldn't wait to get the HELL out of school and start living a real life.

Which,looking back may not have been THE best decision I ever made,but I sure was happy with it.

@sneakypete

If that was a bad decision, then we made it together.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@BTW,I am with you on that one.

Furthermore,I don't hold it against anyone that used any legal means possible to dodge the draft.

Different strokes,and all dat.

Besides,what soldier wants a soldier beside him in combat that doesn't want to be there? At some point self-preservation HAS to become a consideration,and you don't need anyone around you that can't be counted on to cover your back.

BTW,there are some people who are just not emotionally fit to be a soldier,and you can't hold that against them. You just can't demand that someone do what they are not capable of doing.

The man in the family I was raised in was drafted during WW-2,and my mother told me he spent the first night at the reception center crying,so they sent him home as 4-F. He was raised by a domineering mother who treated him like a slave and beat him,so it should be no surprise that he was scared when he got around strangers. Hell,she made him quit school in the 3rd grade and go to work in a factory,and then took his whole paycheck when he got home.

His mother was a mean drunk,and stayed drunk most of the time from what I have heard

After all,if your own mother will do that,what will strangers do? Truth to tell,I always felt sorry for him.

I will also give him credit for remaining a life-long tee-totaler. Never knew him to even drink one beer his entire life.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 07:40:09 pm by sneakypete »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why bring this up...why can't he STFU... 9999hair out0000
Because deep down he is a small petty person. Can you imagine Reagan doing anything this childish? Of course Reagan was respected even by his enemies so he would never be excluded from their funeral, but if he was he would have always taken the high road because he had class and that is something that Trump has been going out of his to prove he hasn't. To paraphrase George Putnam 'that's one voters opinion'.

Offline roamer_1

[Reagan] would have always taken the high road because he had class and that is something that Trump has been going out of his to prove he hasn't.

Yeah... The Rodney Dangerfield of politics...  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah... The Rodney Dangerfield of politics...  :laugh:

@roamer_1

You people need to GTF UP! Times and politics have changed,and Reagan would not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected today.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

You people need to GTF UP! Times and politics have changed,and Reagan would not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected today.

I EMPHATICALLY disagree with that, @sneakypete ...

And if true, it makes no difference to me. Because what I am willing to vote *FOR* has not changed a whit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I EMPHATICALLY disagree with that, @sneakypete ...

And if true, it makes no difference to me. Because what I am willing to vote *FOR* has not changed a whit.
Apparently we are supposed to lower our standards to the level of their standard bearer, that's not the way my mom and dad raised me. I don't want to be living in a Mad TV 'Lowered Expectations' episode. Hell if we are supposed to take the lowered expectation route why not just vote democrat...because times and politics have change, I mean some are just fine with a candidate that lies and slanders their opponent...just...like...a...democrat. :shrug:

Offline corbe

DeSantis could do it @sneakypete  Like Jesus in the Temple, kick azz and take names.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Apparently we are supposed to lower our standards to the level of their standard bearer, that's not the way my mom and dad raised me. I don't want to be living in a Mad TV 'Lowered Expectations' episode. Hell if we are supposed to take the lowered expectation route why not just vote democrat...because times and politics have change, I mean some are just fine with a candidate that lies and slanders their opponent...just...like...a...democrat. :shrug:

Thus the end result of the lesser evil standard.  **nononono*

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@roamer_1

If you truly believe that, and if in essence it is true, then this nation is utterly doomed.  I mean.....

« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:21:50 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

@roamer_1

That’s not true

Probably not in a 1984 49 state landslide but he could get elected today
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

Not sure Reagan would make it out of the GOP primary in this environment. The party is unfit to govern.  I hope that changes soon.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In 1980, '84 we'd laugh clowns like Trump right off the debate stage.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

Not sure Reagan would make it out of the GOP primary in this environment. The party is unfit to govern.  I hope that changes soon.

Reagan would not make it out of the GOP primary of today

As of now, it appears we will have candidates that will do well in their primary elections to only go on to lose the general and not just Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

Because deep down he is a small petty person. Can you imagine Reagan doing anything this childish? Of course Reagan was respected even by his enemies so he would never be excluded from their funeral, but if he was he would have always taken the high road because he had class and that is something that Trump has been going out of his to prove he hasn't. To paraphrase George Putnam 'that's one voters opinion'.

Reagan won cause he knew that needed the votes to win a national election. Not just win the primary.  That is why he choose G HW Bush to be his running mate.  Reagan would kick the Trump and even the Paul people out of the GOP.

Remember Ron Paul left the GOP in 1988 cause he thought that Reagan was a failure.  Trump hated Reagan (and probably still does) as well.

Also, it is safe to assume that Trump will lose AZ again.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ScottinVA

No fan of McCain here, but for Mr. Bonespurs to castigate any veteran who underwent what McCain did is inexcusable. 

The GOP is headed for a monumental beatdown if it continues this infatuation with Trump, who will NEVER win the Presidency again.

Offline ScottinVA

Also, it is safe to assume that Trump will lose AZ again.

And PA, WI, MI, GA and possibly NC as well.

Offline ScottinVA

That’s not true

Probably not in a 1984 49 state landslide but he could get elected today

I highly doubt Reagan would win in the modern age.  A country, the majority of which has proven it will eagerly surrender its freedoms in exchange for false promises of "safety" (i.e., gun control, COVID, global warming) doesn't seem like the kind that would elect someone of his stature.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:22:01 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@GtHawk

Ok,so make sure you are at home enjoying watching Biden get sworn in for a second term,so you can get all warm and fuzzy over refusing to vote for Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   DeSantis could do it @sneakypete  Like Jesus in the Temple, kick azz and take names.

@corbe

I guess anything is possible.

BTW,show me some proof that some dude named Jesus did anything but illegally enter America.

BTW,the fictional book that is known as the Bible isn't proof of anything other  than gullibility.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:41:38 pm by sneakypete »