Author Topic: Trump bashes John McCain's funeral in new book: 'Much like his wars, it never ended'  (Read 5565 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Tough talk from the draft dodger
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And 100% of us aren't running for office.

Veterans talk among each other about the details of other guys' service.  The Swift Boat Vets for Truth were entitled to say what they wanted about Kerry because some of them knew him personally, and all of them had been in his shoes.

For a guy like Trump -- whose closest thing to military service was playing dress-up in high school -- to denigrate a guy because he got shot down and captured is something that kind of pissed me off.

Neither Trump nor anyone else I have ever seen or talked to has denigrated McLunatic for getting shot down,although he DOES have a record of extreme carelessness. The fire he started aboard ship while waiting to take off is the prime example of this. Admiral's boy who knew he wouldn't get in trouble,even if his fratboy  antics caused a ships fire that MAY have sank it if the deck crew hadn't got the fire under control.

Attack him for anything else, but he essentially called him a loser because he got shot down.

No,he  was a loser because  he was a traitor.

Coming from a guy who escaped service because of daddy's money, that's just weak as hell.  You don't earn the right to say that unless you've put your ass on the line as well.

HorseHillary! ANYBODY that can read and add 2+2 has a right to to criticize McLunatic for his actions. A traitor is a traitor,and everybody is free to recognize one when they see and hear the evidence.

Frankly,I am shocked to see that your hatred and jealousy of Trump is so strong that it causes you to side with a traitor. And make no mistake about it,McLunatic WAS a traitor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Neither Trump nor anyone else I have ever seen or talked to has denigrated McLunatic for getting shot down,

He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Donald Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ping me when you write a book.

What the freak does that have to do with it?  Little Orange Donny have problems filling 400 pages with anything else of interest?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Donald Trump

@LMAO

EVERY word true. Being a POW is what made him famous and put him in public office,and it was all due to him being a careless bleep.

BTW,are you one of those people who think he was a war hero merely because he got shot down?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:24:37 am by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Donald Trump

@sneakypete

I bashed McCain's political misdeeds as much as anyone,

Pete....  What would you think if someone said something akin to this around your honorable service?

Straight from the orange donkey's mouth....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541Cg2Jnb8s
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:29:34 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

EVERY word true. Being a POW is what made him famous and put him in public office,and it was all due to him being a careless bleep.

BTW,are you one of those people who think he was a war hero merely because he got shot down?

I simply replied to a statement you made that wasn’t true with Trump’s own words. I quoted what you said and quoted Trump. Nothing more.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Straight from the orange donkey's mouth....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541Cg2Jnb8s

@catfish1957

EVERY FREAKING WORD IS TRUE!

You are so jealous of "Rich Orange Man" that you are willing to side with a freaking traitor????

Have you NO shame at all?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I simply replied to a statement you made that wasn’t true with Trump’s own words. I quoted what you said and quoted Trump. Nothing more.

@LMAO

Ahhhh,in YOUR world,repeating a lie as the truth is not lying if you are going after someone you hate and are jealous of.

Gotcha!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

You are so jealous of "Rich Orange Man" that you are willing to side with a freaking traitor????

Do you understand how bizarre you sound?  Even going back to my TOS posting I bashed McStain as much as anyone.  I am really wondering if you are okay. 

Justifying what Trump said as a Nam Vet is just jaw dropping
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:32:44 am by catfish1957 »

Offline LMAO

@catfish1957

Too funny

You claimed Trump never said anything degrading McCain’s military service. When proven wrong, instead of acknowledging your error, you blame everyone else and toss out your trademark insults

And it does not mean anyone supported McCain as a Senator. I didn’t vote for him in 2008. You?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 02:11:48 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Ahhhh,in YOUR world,repeating a lie as the truth is not lying if you are going after someone you hate and are jealous of.

Gotcha!

Where’s the lie? I quoted Trump’s own words

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Do you understand how bizarre you sound?  Even going back to my TOS posting I bashed McStain as much as anyone.  I am really wondering if you are okay. 

Justifying what Trump said as a Nam Vet is just jaw dropping

@catfish1957

Try reading your own posts.

BTW,I know it was a kinda "typo" by you,but you wrote "as" above instead of (I presume) "about".

AND......what Trump said was the absolute truth. Do you  REALLY  hate and are so jealous of Trump that you  want to criticize  him for saying the truth about a known traitor?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Where’s the lie? I quoted Trump’s own words

I hope he actually listens to the clip, and says the same again.  That would be strange.

Pete served honorably, while Trump took something like  foot related deferrment.  Sometimes you just have to  **nononono*

Offline LMAO

@catfish1957

BTW,I know it was a kinda "typo" by you,but you wrote "as" above instead of (I presume) "about".

AND......what Trump said was the absolute truth. Do you  REALLY  hate and are so jealous of Trump that you  want to criticize  him for saying the truth about a known traitor?

You said this:
Neither Trump nor anyone else I have ever seen or talked to has denigrated McLunatic for getting shot down,

We countered that statement with Trump’s own words that he did denigrate McCain’s for getting shot down. You’re response to that was to lash out

McCain wasn’t an issue with conservatives because he was shot down and captured in Vietnam. It’s his record and treatment of conservatives while Senator. He was part of the problem

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Your inabiity to not  seperate McStain's military and political career is telling.  I wish you all the best, but you've gone off the rails.

Why would I be jealous of Trump?  I have plenty of money, happiness, etc.   My criticism is he is a living POS, who has no business being POTUS again.  Our country deserves better than Donald J. Trump, who and I hate to bring up, was the biggest offender and adder of federal debt of any POTUS in history.

Then add the fact he has come up with this abrupt left wing turn with Freedom Cities and Jetson Cars?  Yeah, that's just what we need.   :silly:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:49:51 am by catfish1957 »

Offline LMAO

I hope he actually listens to the clip, and says the same again.  That would be strange.

Pete served honorably, while Trump took something like  foot related deferrment.  Sometimes you just have to  **nononono*

We showcased Trump in his own words to counter his claim and that’s all we can do.

I respect anyone who serves in combat. Even McCain. But that doesn’t mean I have to support them politically. McCain’s support for the 2008 bailouts was the last straw so I wrote in Ron Paul for president in 2008

Got a lot of grief from other Republicans but it seems my choice was the right one
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:49:27 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You've not heard of the expression "If you're explaining, you're losing", have you.   88devil

You're likely one of those who mock vets in general because only dumb people go into the military, right?

So brave.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
$95 for a book by Trump?! That’s a hard pass.

That was my thought exactly. Is it made out of gold?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@sneakypete

Neither Trump nor anyone else I have ever seen or talked to has denigrated McLunatic for getting shot down, although he DOES have a record of extreme carelessness.

First, I was referring specifically to this comment by Trump:

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

I think that comment is despicable.  James Stockdale received the Medal of Honor for his actions in a North Vietnamese POW camp.  Jeremiah Denton -- the guy who blinked "torture" -- got the Navy Cross.  But Trump likes people who weren't captured better.  I think that comment is an insult to everyone who ever had to endure being a POW because it implies they somehow served less honorably.  McCain was a crappy officer, but at least he had the guts to turn down the repeated NVA offers for early release because he was an Admiral's kid.

The fire he started aboard ship while waiting to take off is the prime example of this. Admiral's boy who knew he wouldn't get in trouble,even if his fratboy  antics caused a ships fire that MAY have sank it if the deck crew hadn't got the fire under control.

I'm not sure where you heard that, but that isn't even close to being true.  He wasn't a good flight officer in general, but he was blameless in the Forrestal fire.  I spent an entire week in damage control/leadership studying the Forrestal (referred to after that incident as the "Forest Fire") fire, and McCain had nothing to do with how the fire started or progressed.  Without going into all the details, there was a power surge that caused one of the crappy MK32 Zuni rockets mounted on an F-4 to fire because it was missing its safety pin.  That wouldn't have been the fault of the pilot anyway, but it wasn't even McCain's plane.  He was an A-6 guy.   That rocket fired, hit an A-6 (Differing accounts and to which A-6 it hit -- McCain's or someone else's) , and ruptured the fuel tank on that aircraft.   JP-5 spilled all over the deck.  The rocket didn't explode, but it did start a fire in the fuel spilling on the deck.  The aircrews all followed DC protocol, which at that time had specifically-designated firefighting teams, and fled the area as the DC team came up to put the fire out.

Normally, the fire would have been extinguished easily.  The problem was that the ship had recently received some badly corroded and unsafe 1000lbs bombs, and they cooked off much more quickly than they should have.  When they went, that's what really started things.

None of that was McCain's fault.

As far as anything else McCain did, that's all fair game.  I just thought Trump's comment about "I like people who weren't captured" insulted a hell of a lot more men than just McCain.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:33:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The ONLY reason John Sidney McCain III was ever in the pilot seat of a Navy fighter aircraft was his father and grandfather. No other reason.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:33:09 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

1.) I'm not paying $95 for a damned book.
2.) It's classless to speak ill of the dead.
3.) I didn't care for McCain's flipflopping on immigration, but I damn well respected his service to this country.
4.) Trump's estate will have to pay people to attend his funeral.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline corbe

@LMAO

Gotcha!

Reminds me of that 'Cruz is a homo' crap that you spout @sneakypete

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
That was my thought exactly. Is it made out of gold?

Even when it hits the $1.99 bargain bin, you couldn't pay me to read his tripe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

I freaking LOVED serving in SF,and would have continued to serve until I died,but was put out on disability after 6 years. Agent Orange got me.

Having said that,I seriously doubt I would have enlisted if I had been born into the wealth and position that Trump was born into.

One big reason why I joined the army is I like to wander about and see things and meet people and cultures that I never would have seen or met if I had stayed at home.

Of course,if I had been born into Trump money instead of "Are we going to have enough  money to
 pay the light  bill this month?" money,traveling anywhere wouldn't have been a problem.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 05:43:32 pm by sneakypete »