Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 20424 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2023, 01:56:29 pm »
LOL this kind of response is why I have to dismiss everything you say and can't take you seriously. Not only on this subject,  but everything.

@LadyLiberty

Awwww,da poor Bay-Bay
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2023, 03:25:54 pm »
Some folks are deliberately misrepresenting the 11th Commandment.  It does not say you cannot very strongly disagree with the policies advocated by another Republican, or the actions they have taken. Reagan did exactly that when he ran against Ford in 1976, and again when he ran against Bush in 1980.  Likewise, it is perfectly possible to disagree strongly with the policies or actions being advocated or taken by another Republican today without violating the 11 Commandment.

What it is about is not "speaking ill of another Republican".  In other words, don't attack the person, attack the argument. We all understand perfectly well exactly what that means here in TBR, and that's all the 11th Commandment is saying. 

It is entirely possible to have a battle for the soul of the Republican Party without juvenile name calling. That's an embarrassment, and the sign of a lack of coherent thinking or ability to articulate logical thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:30:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2023, 03:28:54 pm »
Some folks are deliberately misrepresenting the 11th Commandment.  It does not say you cannot very strongly disagree with the policies advocated by another Republican, or the actions they have taken. Reagan did exactly that when he ran against Ford in 1976, and again when he ran against Bush in 1980.  Likewise, it is perfectly possible to disagree strongly with the policies or actions being advocated or taken by another Republican today without violating the 11 Commandment.

What it is about is not "speaking ill of another Republican".  In other words, don't attack the person, attack the argument. We all understand perfectly well exactly what that means here in TBR, and that's all the 11th Commandment is saying. 

There's no valid reason that shouldn't have been followed in 2016 through today.  Name calling and personal attacks are simply laziness by those who don't want to take the time to lay out a coherent, logical argument.

:thumbsup:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2023, 03:38:17 pm »
It is absolutely asinine, and those using it should know better.

I feel compelled to point out that everybody and their brother knew that Trump was running for president in 2024 months before he announced.  He'd play these little games like saying he has a big announcement to make but he has to wait for the right time, and that his supporters are going to be very happy when he makes it, etc. During that time, there were people working behind the scenes to put his campaign together, etc..  But for legal reasons, he held off on making a formal announcement until it was legally convenient for him to declare.

Now, when another potential candidate is doing the exact same thing he did, he's screaming that it is unfair.  He's just an absolute baby. If there is one thing that is consistent about Donald Trump, it is that he believes a different set of rules should apply to him then apply to everybody else.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:39:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2023, 03:59:19 pm »
It is absolutely asinine, and those using it should know better.

Well... Those misusing it should know better.
Yes Reagan used the term to shield himself from GOP elites, throwing their own words back at them exactly as defined... As he purposed the party toward principled conservatism.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2023, 04:01:32 pm »

It is entirely possible to have a battle for the soul of the Republican Party without juvenile name calling. That's an embarrassment, and the sign of a lack of coherent thinking or ability to articulate logical thoughts.

That's right.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2023, 05:28:04 pm »
Trump is Trump and if he wants to resort back to bullying and name calling that's up to him.  But people are tired of his crappola. DeSantis isn't campaigning he's addressing his constituents and remains in touch especially with those impacted by Ian.  He's doing his job @Right_in_Virginia.

I know you see DeSantis as a huge threat to Trump so if you want to try to make a good conservative  governor look bad, have at it. I don't care to participate in that game.  :seeya:

Good news @libertybele  ----- after Tiny D refused to stand against the political weaponization of our justice system for his own political benefit, shitting on the 5,668,731 Floridians who voted for Trump in the process, you're going to keep your Governor.  Yeah!   :rolling:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2023, 06:26:02 pm »
Good news @libertybele  ----- after Tiny D refused to stand against the political weaponization of our justice system for his own political benefit, shitting on the 5,668,731 Floridians who voted for Trump in the process, you're going to keep your Governor.  Yeah!   :rolling:
The childishness apparently lives in Trumps most ardent supporter as well as Trump, I see. Another good reason to return to my vacation from vitriol and stupidity.

« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2023, 06:36:27 pm »
The childishness apparently lives in Trumps most ardent supporter as well as Trump, I see. Another good reason to return to my vacation from vitriol and stupidity.

Enjoy!   :seeya:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2023, 07:15:47 pm »

But just think of the schadenfreude when Trump becomes a three-time loser!  The excuses, whining, finger-pointing, and incessant vomiting of one bizarre conspiracy theory after another will be...delectable.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:17:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2023, 07:26:19 pm »
Good news @libertybele  ----- after Tiny D refused to stand against the political weaponization of our justice system for his own political benefit, shitting on the 5,668,731 Floridians who voted for Trump in the process, you're going to keep your Governor.

You know Trump admires Big D and doesn't think he is tiny. How about we just stop the squabbling and compare hand sizes for the win... Trump already thinks DeSantis is a big strong fellow that should go around without his jacket on.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-donald-trump-ron-desantis-hot-body-20191127-4tzjtxks3fhtjibawmlna5kanq-story.html

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2023, 07:43:48 pm »
You know Trump admires Big D and doesn't think he is tiny.

This nickname didn't come from Trump @Sighlass   It came from from one of D's constituents while he was waving and trying to glad hand folks.  By the time he got to the end of the line folks had picked it up and we're having a fun time with it. D ducked into his car.   :laugh:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2023, 07:51:54 pm »
You know Trump admires Big D and doesn't think he is tiny. How about we just stop the squabbling and compare hand sizes for the win... Trump already thinks DeSantis is a big strong fellow that should go around without his jacket on.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-donald-trump-ron-desantis-hot-body-20191127-4tzjtxks3fhtjibawmlna5kanq-story.html

It'd be a hoot if someone went after Trump's hand size again just to trigger him. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2023, 10:01:55 pm »
But just think of the schadenfreude when Trump becomes a three-time loser!  The excuses, whining, finger-pointing, and incessant vomiting of one bizarre conspiracy theory after another will be...delectable.

@Maj. Bill Martin

If the GOP loses the next Presidential election,that will be the end of America because the left will take full advantage of it.

Congradulations,Anti-Trumpers,for letting the DNC pimp you  out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2023, 10:13:03 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

If the GOP loses the next Presidential election,that will be the end of America because the left will take full advantage of it.

:mauslaff:

Trump is not the savior you seem to think he is.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2023, 10:26:43 pm »
The in your face hypocrisy of those who wouldn’t vote DeSantis but demand people vote for Trump

I think the GOP will be more divided in 2024 than in 2016

DeSantis can’t win the primary and Trump can’t win the general

Is it 2028 yet?  Lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2023, 10:28:41 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I get your point, and that's why I voted for him in 2016 and 2020.  However....

In my opinion, Trump is now destroying the only real organized opposition to leftism, and is attempting to replace it with a form of populism that will end with him.  So when he's gone...there won't be anything left to slow them down.

His foreign policy towards Russia is scaring the hell out of me as well.  Not that I believe there is collusion, just that my views are so 180 from his.

I just can't bring myself to vote for that.  I'm just hoping to hell we nominate someone else.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 10:33:21 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2023, 10:29:39 pm »
:mauslaff:

Trump is not the savior you seem to think he is.

But they are convinced he is. I don’t think DeSantis is, either
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2023, 10:30:07 pm »
The in your face hypocrisy of those who wouldn’t vote DeSantis but demand people vote for Trump

I think the GOP will be more divided in 2024 than in 2016

DeSantis can’t win the primary and Trump can’t win the general

Is it 2028 yet?  Lol

Sucks, but that's exactly how I see it too.
 :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2023, 10:32:14 pm »
Sucks, but that's exactly how I see it too.
 :beer:

And Biden gets another term. Our time will come again as all storms pass. But we’ll have to go through another 4 years of incompetent “firsts”

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2023, 10:34:06 pm »
Is it 2028 yet?
At this rate, I'm not holding out hope for an election in 2028.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2023, 10:35:19 pm »
I just can't bring myself to vote for that.  I'm just hoping to hell we nominate someone else.

TRULY.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2023, 10:36:07 pm »
What’s strange is all this vitriol against someone who hasn’t even announce a run

He won’t now

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2023, 10:43:01 pm »
The GOP is much more divided than the Democrats

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2023, 10:44:00 pm »
   DeSantis has answered the Call of his Country before AND will again, IMHO. 
   Trump will have pizzed off so many MORE GOP Voters this year and be left with only his hard core supporters. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.