Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 5144 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2022, 03:34:06 pm »

You just can reason with unreasonable people who live in their own little world.

And here is Exhibit A
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2022, 03:34:43 pm »
I think I am done with this tread forever.

All it is now is a pissing contest between the "Ah hates Trump causen he bees a ebil billionaire and ah am jel8us and wanna lib in da perfict wurld whur ah doan haveta pay no taxes" cretins,and "regular folks",some of whom are pro-aide to Ukraine and some who aren't.

You just can reason with unreasonable people who live in their own little world.

I take issue with the article and its crappola:

Gallup noted that Biden’s average approval rating for this point in his term is lower than all other predecessors going back to the 1950s, with the exception of former President Trump, who had a 39.1 percent favorability during the same period in his term.

Seriously -- comparing Joe with President Trump??  What a crock.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2022, 03:35:37 pm »
This thread is in trouble.

@Cyber Liberty

Why?

I think it's a terrific thread.  A nice change of pace from the Ukraine-Russia topic.

Everybody is getting along just fine and the conversation is thoughtful from both POVs.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2022, 03:40:12 pm »
@roamer_1  The shutdown was supposed to be a voluntary shutdown. Yes Trump left it up to the states as he did re-opening. The CDC, WHO, Dr. Evil and Dr. Birk (can't remember her name exactly) were on TV daily with dire warnings that we had to flatten the curve and NY had people dying left and right.  Not to mention the catastrophic shutdowns in the nursing homes while not testing for COVID.

Doesn't matter if Tumpy left it to the states. What murdered business was destroying the supply chain. Shipping was controlled. Amazon and the other box stores were given carte blanche but my locally owned hardware store couldn't get a delivery for months. He closed up. Factories and ports were closed. where are you going to get product? And it is still happening.

Then the good ole govt decided to throw $$ at the situation with all the stimulus checks and child care checks, etc., giving people little incentive to get back to work. (Remember Congress dangled their purse strings -- what was Trump going to do - deny people a way to eat?)

I was FOR him in his initial decisions. Till he folded up like a 2 dollar lawn chair. And that's on him. And he signed off on it. That ain't a small thing. Two weeks my a**.

And that cannot be rewarded.

You know the story --- Each of us has our own story and most of us soon realized that we'd been duped.  Trump didn't play dictator but rather made recommendations to voluntarily shut down based on the b.s. that Dr. Evil, CDC and the WHO fed him. Fauci knew full well what was happening and he knew full well what happened in China and assisted in a stolen election by instilling fear in people.  Yes, people lost businesses, jobs, family members, etc.  I blame the evil ones, I can't lay this all on Trump's feet. You see it differently and that is fine.

I don't lay it ALL on Tumpy's feet either. But everybody ELSE is eeeevil... Not poor Tumpy. Guess what. He was standing right there next to Fauxci all the way along.

I get it.  Even in FL DeSantis was pressured into shutting us down just like the rest of the country 'opted' to do. Our local government decided to strictly follow the Fauci guidelines and we weren't even allowed on the streets unless we had a job that was considered 'essential'.

I had a Dem governor at the time. Same thing ... Except folks tended to pay it no mind. Unless you needed government (which was closed) or a bank (which were closed). Or tried to ship anything. Heck, they never got half of folks up here to wear masks. And so many ignored it that the sheriff couldn't have enforced it - which he generally didn't. City cops tried for a while. Didn't work. When the elections came, we got Gianforte (R), who promptly reversed all he could and opened the state up...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2022, 03:44:19 pm »
@DCPatriot

BTHOOM. (Beats the hell outta me) What a great acronym, eh?

Something around 25k... around 110k in the county (which is mostly in the valley here).

Your 'pragmatism' is destroying the country. How many more years can we continue with a government that costs as much or more than what the whole country makes? That's 'pragmatism'?

So no... You'll get to see how you do in the crash that's inevitable, because no one will stop it.
And I will be stuffed so far back in the sticks I won't hardly know. Who's the pragmatist now?
:tongue2:

@roamer_1

:laugh:    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2022, 03:50:28 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Why?

I think it's a terrific thread.  A nice change of pace from the Ukraine-Russia topic.

Everybody is getting along just fine and the conversation is thoughtful from both POVs.

Ditto.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2022, 03:50:31 pm »
Or Argentina, or Greece, or Italy, or Spain, or USSR, or Weimar Republic , or Zimbabwe…

We may not become quite as bad as these countries. But if we continue the spending, borrowing, printing policies, it’s safe to say that working and middle-class standard of living is going to further erode. And retirees will get hit pretty hard, also. And it won’t matter if it’s Trump, Biden, DeSantis, Harris, a democrat or a republican continuing these policies. The results will be the same

Israel just invested heavily into the yuan. Why do you think that is hmmm?
US citizens are going to get a shock when the petrodollar goes down.
And I think that's coming. If we lose world reserve currency, sh*t's gonna get real.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2022, 03:52:21 pm »
We've never experienced a pandemic like COVID in modern history; not to this magnitude and certainly not with such ongoing focus.

Because it's bullcrap. An intentional world play, treated differently than real pandemics in the past.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2022, 03:56:19 pm »
That's what I meant, @roamer_1

The last thing Pres. Trump wanted to do was to shut it down. 

@DCPatriot

I know that. But there are only so many choices here...

Either he colluded.
Or he was outfoxed.
Or he was too dumb to see it coming.

None of those are good for him.
He dropped the ball. Or allowed it to be taken.

That cannot be rewarded. So much for four dimensional chess.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2022, 04:02:43 pm »
Israel just invested heavily into the yuan. Why do you think that is hmmm?
US citizens are going to get a shock when the petrodollar goes down.
And I think that's coming. If we lose world reserve currency, sh*t's gonna get real.

@roamer_1

If you had $500K in cash laying around in a bank or three, would you buy gold/silver/platinum today?  (Not me... LOL)

(along with some food that stores for up to 25 years)    :laugh:

My younger brother has proceeds from the sale of his home in Canada.   I told him that since last April, he 'lost' $50K in purchasing power.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:05:59 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2022, 04:11:03 pm »
Doesn't matter if Tumpy left it to the states. What murdered business was destroying the supply chain. Shipping was controlled. Amazon and the other box stores were given carte blanche but my locally owned hardware store couldn't get a delivery for months. He closed up. Factories and ports were closed. where are you going to get product? And it is still happening.

I was FOR him in his initial decisions. Till he folded up like a 2 dollar lawn chair. And that's on him. And he signed off on it. That ain't a small thing. Two weeks my a**.

And that cannot be rewarded.

I don't lay it ALL on Tumpy's feet either. But everybody ELSE is eeeevil... Not poor Tumpy. Guess what. He was standing right there next to Fauxci all the way along.

I had a Dem governor at the time. Same thing ... Except folks tended to pay it no mind. Unless you needed government (which was closed) or a bank (which were closed). Or tried to ship anything. Heck, they never got half of folks up here to wear masks. And so many ignored it that the sheriff couldn't have enforced it - which he generally didn't. City cops tried for a while. Didn't work. When the elections came, we got Gianforte (R), who promptly reversed all he could and opened the state up...

@roamer_1 you suffered as we all did in one way or another.Please know that I am not making light in any way of what happened to you and to your business.  Many businesses failed and you are absolutely correct; that should have never happened.  All I am asking is that you consider that his actions were based upon recommendations by Fauci, CDC and the WHO. He was duped just like everyone else -- at first -- but everything he wanted to try like hydrochloronique (sp?) was shot down.  I think after awhile he realized what the heck happened and he stopped doing the daily briefing as it was nothing more than a platform for Fauci and others to continue the fear factor and hype.

I know you're not a fan of Trumpy's.  I get that.  He wasn't perfect. All I know is he had us headed in a more positive direction.  We were energy independent and our economy was doing well (pre-pandemic). Under Joe I'm not certain we're going to see another election. Honestly what is happening now scares the living heck out of me.

Peace @roamer_1
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:15:19 pm by libertybele »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2022, 04:13:40 pm »
@roamer_1 you suffered as we all did in one way or another.  All I am asking is that you consider that his actions were based upon recommendations by Fauci, CDC and the WHO. He was duped just like everyone else -- at first -- but everything he wanted to try like hydrochloronique (sp?) was shot down.  I think after awhile he realized what the heck happened and he stopped doing the daily briefing as it was nothing more than a platform for Fauci and others to continue the fear factor and hype.

I know you're not a fan of Trumpy's.  I get that.  He wasn't perfect. All I know is he had us headed in a more positive direction.  We were energy independent and our economy was doing well (pre-pandemic). Under Joe I'm not certain we're going to see another election.

Peace @roamer_1

Loving your posts this morning, @libertybele

:beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2022, 04:15:39 pm »
The next Republican president is going to have to have a spine of steel. Not just the CDC but other government agencies need a serious purging. And it’s going to be done over the howls of not only the Democratic Party  but the press.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2022, 04:18:14 pm »
The next Republican president is going to have to have a spine of steel. Not just the CDC but other government agencies need a serious purging. And it’s going to be done over the howls of not only the Democratic Party  but the press.

Yes.  Who does the GOP have on the horizon that fits that criteria??  Only one that I know who has proven to have a spine of steel is Trump, and he hasn't announced that he's running.

It's a dismal picture.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2022, 04:18:46 pm »
@roamer_1

If you had $500K in cash laying around in a bank or three, would you buy gold/silver/platinum today?  (Not me... LOL)

(along with some food that stores for up to 25 years)    :laugh:

My younger brother has proceeds from the sale of his home in Canada.   I told him that since last April, he 'lost' $50K in purchasing power.

@DCPatriot

I seen it coming and bought up the holler. Still need a tractor and my gimpy ass straightened out so I can get up there this year and start milling. I need enough up to build the cabin and barn... Then it looks like I am gonna have to sell this place (which I intend to keep) to finance the water and solar up there. I do not want to winter with a generator blaring for months.

I cashed in anything I had and decided to go full subsistence and get out of this economy entirely... Or as close as I can get. Which is pretty close if I can take the weight health and physical-wise.

The old man told me I would regret riding bulls and broncs. And I do.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2022, 04:25:49 pm »
@roamer_1 you suffered as we all did in one way or another.Please know that I am not making light in any way of what happened to you and to your business.  Many businesses failed and you are absolutely correct; that should have never happened.  All I am asking is that you consider that his actions were based upon recommendations by Fauci, CDC and the WHO. He was duped just like everyone else -- at first -- but everything he wanted to try like hydrochloronique (sp?) was shot down.  I think after awhile he realized what the heck happened and he stopped doing the daily briefing as it was nothing more than a platform for Fauci and others to continue the fear factor and hype.

I know you're not a fan of Trumpy's.  I get that.  He wasn't perfect. All I know is he had us headed in a more positive direction.  We were energy independent and our economy was doing well (pre-pandemic). Under Joe I'm not certain we're going to see another election. Honestly what is happening now scares the living heck out of me.

Peace @roamer_1

Doesn't matter anyhow @libertybele , other than in these little sword fights. Tumpy is big government and a big spender. I could forgive him every other thing, and I would not forgive that.

What he cost, and what he added to the debt is beyond egregious and is unforgivable. We are in dire straights and quite a bit of that rests on him... And according to the hype, he sure as hell should have known better...

End of story.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2022, 04:27:06 pm »
Yes.  Who does the GOP have on the horizon that fits that criteria??  Only one that I know who has proven to have a spine of steel is Trump, and he hasn't announced that he's running.

It's a dismal picture.

And that's what pisses me off!

The next (GOP) POTUS will have to pour the castor oil down our throats for years to crawl out of this mess,
while the media's treatment of Donald Trump 1st term will seem tame by comparison.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2022, 04:28:37 pm »
@DCPatriot

I seen it coming and bought up the holler. Still need a tractor and my gimpy ass straightened out so I can get up there this year and start milling. I need enough up to build the cabin and barn... Then it looks like I am gonna have to sell this place (which I intend to keep) to finance the water and solar up there. I do not want to winter with a generator blaring for months.

I cashed in anything I had and decided to go full subsistence and get out of this economy entirely... Or as close as I can get. Which is pretty close if I can take the weight health and physical-wise.

The old man told me I would regret riding bulls and broncs. And I do.

If I knew what I knew today when we downsized I would have moved us to a more remote area.

As far as riding bulls and broncs, same came be said for riding in go-carts, roller coasts and going down water slides in your 60's -- the body just doesn't recover.  :laugh:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2022, 04:28:58 pm »

It's a dismal picture.

Where is Trump’s spine of steel that we hear about?  The reality of his term paints a different picture.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2022, 04:32:16 pm »
Where is Trump’s spine of steel that we hear about?  The reality of his term paints a different picture.

Yeah.

DeSantis, maybe.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2022, 04:40:57 pm »
If I knew what I knew today when we downsized I would have moved us to a more remote area.

As far as riding bulls and broncs, same came be said for riding in go-carts, roller coasts and going down water slides in your 60's -- the body just doesn't recover.  :laugh:

I heard that. I lost all of last year to smoke, and the year before that mostly too, trying to recover enough business to get right. So that pretty well means sitting at my bench here in the cabin all that time. I need to walk. I need to work. Otherwise I freeze up something fierce. I got a long, long row to hoe this spring, just getting my body back, only to jump up there and start milling. Milling, mind you. Throwing logs around. If I get the wood milled and drying, and the foundations in (stone, UNGHH), I will move up there for the winter and live in the tool shed I already have up there (actually going to be the chicken coop eventually), and build the place after the snow flies.

It's going to be an awful year. It will either kill me or cure me.  happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2022, 04:47:01 pm »

??? Bogus Russian collusion, impeachment #1, impeachment #2 for starters and the continual unwarranted mudslinging with just about everything he did.

I know you don't agree, but I feel he was an extremely popular president with his voting base.