Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 5036 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2022, 07:15:44 pm »

1.4 million + attended his rallies.  That's nothing to sneeze at, and it doesn't take in account for the rallies held after he took office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rallies_for_the_2016_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign

You’re not comparing that to the number of registered voters. The fact is, a vast majority of people in this country do not attend political rallies. I’m not denying that Donald Trump had some very large rallies. I’m just simply stating the fact that when you take the number of people that attended his rallies versus the number of registered voters, 1.4 million is small.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2022, 07:17:49 pm »
@DCPatriot
@sneakypete

No, it is not. You will get nothing done with ONLY a president. Same as last time. Your own party will hobble him. Watch and see.

@roamer_1

MUCH better to just sit back and piss and moan about politics,and then blame the people who voted for what happened,huh?

Let everyone else make the decisions so you can do your little "superiority dance" for not making a choice.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2022, 07:20:14 pm »

I can have a discussion with anybody. I can even have civil discussions over disagreements with liberals

But when they are reduced to name-calling or making me the issue and not my point, then I figure it’s just time to move on because they don’t have an argument to make

And I think that’s the route I need to take with you. I gave you every chance to show me where I’m mistaken or were I’m wrong and why and we can have a point/ counterpoint discussion. But after three times I realize it’s an exercise in futility

What you’re doing, by not giving me examples of where I’m wrong because you won’t waste your time, is simply a defense mechanism and we’re just gonna go around in circles. It’s gonna be a continuation of me asking for examples for your claims and you lashing out and name-calling in response
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:43:20 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2022, 07:20:24 pm »
Speculation

And I made no such “definition.”  The fact is most voters do not attend political rallies

@LMAO

Uhhhhh..........

Offline libertybele

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2022, 07:21:16 pm »
You’re not comparing that to the number of registered voters. The fact is, a vast majority of people in this country do not attend political rallies. I’m not denying that Donald Trump had some very large rallies. I’m just simply stating the fact that when you take the number of people that attended his rallies versus the number of registered voters, 1.4 million is small.

Seriously??  Again, you can only pack so many into an arena depending on how many seats there are.

You are right, I made no comparison to how many registered voters attended his rallies; I don't have those stats.

I do know that there are some in here that witnessed that tabulations shut down after Trump was ahead and in the morning those numbers were different.

I have no doubt that the election was stolen.

To say that Trump was an unpopular president is ridiculous; perhaps unpopular to RINO's and leftists that's a given.

I think you'd be hard pressed right now to find a dozen people who honestly can say that they are better under Joe than they were under Trump.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:25:28 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2022, 07:25:52 pm »

Does Biden get that same excuse or is that a special carve out for Trump? 

Are you REALLY THAT "thick"????

Have you ever heard the term VETO?

Do the words "Dimocrats vote to shut down congress over the most recent spending bill by the Republican President" ring any bells with you?

And,of course,what happens then is the economy crashes,there are negative economic reports on all the tv news channels every day,and all of them blame the Republican President for shutting off the money flow.

Do NOT forget that the prime "engine" that powers the DNC is all the "free money,housing,food,clothing,etc,etc,etc" they give away to Dim voters every election. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline LMAO

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2022, 07:27:30 pm »
Seriously??  Again, you can only pack so many into an arena depending on how many seats there are.

You are right, I made no comparison to how many registered voters attended his rallies; I don't have those stats.

I do know that there are some in here that witnessed that tabulations shut down after Trump was ahead and in the morning those numbers were different.

I have no doubt that the election was stolen.

To say that if Trump runs it would hand Joe the WH is just plain ridiculous.

The last stat I saw, there were approximately 160 million registered voters in this country in 2020. To say that the reason that there wasn’t more at his rallies because there’s only so many that can fit in an arena is pure speculation. We don’t know if that’s the reason

I maintain that Trump, if he runs in 2024, could win. But my opinion has always been that it would be a mistake to run him based on his unpopularity and negatives Amongst the general population. And I’ve always maintained that  things could get bad enough so people just run to his arms in 2024  but it is a risky strategy. But nominating Trump in 2024 increases Joe Biden’s chances

California is a mess under Gavin Newsom yet he got reelected. Inner cities are a mess under Democrat rule but those voters keep voting those people back in

We are gonna start seeing a lot of these Republican governors performances over the next several years. And Gary Johnson when he was Republican governor of New Mexico  had no problem with VETOing Democrat  spending bills in his state and he was reelected handily. That shoots out the claim of some that Trump can’t VETO Pelosi’s spending because the media will be mad at him
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:47:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2022, 07:35:27 pm »
[/quote

@LMAO

Uhhhh,whose party voted for that huge budget and which president in the White House to sign it?

How the HELL could Trump have vetoed that budget when he wasn't even the President yet?

Once it IS passed in Congress,it becomes the law,and AFAIK,ONLY Congress can vote to repeal it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:37:46 pm by sneakypete »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2022, 07:40:00 pm »

With any luck at all, they won't be able to get away with that this time.

@sneakypete

No wonder they're going nuts over Musk's taking over Twitter.

The Bots will be exposed...algorithm unplugged or rewired and bots will be deleted.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Got into a little argument with my nephew yesterday.

He insulted me in my choice of FOX over anywhere else for my general news.

Told him that FOX has more viewers weekly than all the competitors COMBINED.

He said that the 19-38 demographic doesn't watch television or listen to talk-radio for their news and views. 

Unfortunately, he had a point....so I said, "This isn't my country anymore!"

He twists the knife, "Unc...it was NEVER your country!"

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2022, 07:40:38 pm »
[/quote

@LMAO

Uhhhh,whose party voted for that huge budget and which president in the White House to sign it?

How the HELL could Trump have vetoed that budget when he wasn't even the President yet?

Once it IS passed in Congress,it becomes the law,and AFAIK,ONLY Congress can vote to repeal it.

Lol…

I could just sit back and let you keep posting and watch you prove all my points

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2022, 07:44:12 pm »
@sneakypete

The Bots will be exposed...algorithm unplugged or rewired and bots will be deleted.

He said that the 19-38 demographic doesn't watch television or listen to talk-radio for their news and views. 

Your post reminds me of an argument I had with the left leaning relative several years ago.

I don’t get cable TV so I don’t get Fox News, but this person was trying to claim that Fox News lies all the time.

Because I don’t get cable, I asked them to give me an example of where Fox News presses a story that was untrue, similar to what Dan Rather did with the GWB NG story

I got the “they lie all the time” reply with no examples to back it up

We’ll see what happens when Elon Musk takes over Twitter but hopefully it’ll expose more people to something besides information stamped and approved by the Democratic Party
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:45:56 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2022, 07:48:18 pm »
The last stat I saw, there were approximately 160 million registered voters in this country in 2020. To say that the reason that there wasn’t more at his rallies because there’s only so many that can fit in an arena is pure speculation. We don’t know if that’s the reason

I maintain that Trump, if he runs in 2024, could win. But my opinion has always been that it would be a mistake to run him based on his unpopularity and negatives Amongst the general population. And I’ve always maintained that  things could get bad enough so people just run to his arms in 2024  but it is a risky strategy

California is a mess under Gavin Newsom yet he got reelected. Inner cities are a mess under Democrat rule but those voters keep voting those people back in

We are gonna start seeing a lot of these Republican governors performances over the next several years. And Gary Johnson when he was Republican governor of New Mexico  had no problem with VETOing Democrat  spending bills in his state and he was reelected handily. That shoots out the claim of some that Trump can’t VETO Pelosi’s spending because the media will be mad at him

Obviously you didn't watch his rallies; there were more people attending his rallies than there were seats.  That's why so may waited outside and listened to his speeches.

Your opinion is that he was an unpopular president.  I strongly beg to differ.  Regardless of the stats that I present or list of his accomplishments, you are going to disagree.  Certainly that is your prerogative.

Trump's record of energy independence, a good economy, low unemployment numbers, illegal immigration under control, renegotiation of NAFTA and dealing with unfair trade negotiations with China is going to be pretty darn hard to beat in our current climate of energy dependence, rising inflation, illegal immigration out of control by leaps and bounds and China thumbing its nose at us.

At this point, I'm just praying and hoping that this country makes it to the mid terms.

Enough said.

Peace.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:49:05 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2022, 07:53:49 pm »
Obviously you didn't watch his rallies; there were more people attending his rallies than there were seats.  That's why so may waited outside and listened to his speeches.

Your opinion is that he was an unpopular president.  I strongly beg to differ.  Regardless of the stats that I present or list of his accomplishments, you are going to disagree.  Certainly that is your prerogative.

Trump's record of energy independence, a good economy, low unemployment numbers, illegal immigration under control, renegotiation of NAFTA and dealing with unfair trade negotiations with China is going to be pretty darn hard to beat in our current climate of energy dependence, rising inflation, illegal immigration out of control by leaps and bounds and China thumbing its nose at us.

At this point, I'm just praying and hoping that this country makes it to the mid terms.

Enough said.

Peace.

You’re confusing popularity with his base versus with the general public. Some are too eager to dismiss polling that’s negative to Donald Trump. People seem to forget that there’s a world outside of a presidents base of support

I’m not talking about his accomplishments such as energy independence or border control which are supported by the general public. I’m talking about his general unpopularity. We can debate the reasons for that but the fact is he was an unpopular president. That’s not my opinion

So you can say “well I don’t believe the polls.” OK fine. Then why do you believe them when they show that Joe Biden is also extremely unpopular?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:12:38 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2022, 08:00:52 pm »
OK, here’s a blip of the stats from the 2020 election that I could find

Despite COVID-19 concerns, 155 million people turned out for the 2020 presidential election.  However, 4% (552,500) of registered nonvoters reported not voting due to their concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2021/2020-presidential-election-voting-and-registration-tables-now-available.html

So according to the Wikipedia link that was posted, 1.4 million people attended Trump rallies. Now compare that to the number of voters in 2020 and the number is small

The denial some have when it comes to Donald Trump is staggering . I understand it’s part of our nature to block out anything that makes us uncomfortable but we cannot afford this anymore.

This does not mean I hate Donald Trump and I give him credit for things he did like secure our border and make us energy independent, nor is it a case of “orange man bad” or any other excuses his supporters put out there when they lose the argument.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:18:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2022, 08:25:13 pm »

Your opinion is that he was an unpopular president.  I strongly beg to differ.  Regardless of the stats that I present or list of his accomplishments, you are going to disagree. 

What stats am I disagreeing with? I’ve taken the number that you put of 1. 4 million and showed you why that is small compared to the number of voters. Are you disputing your own number of are you disputing the number of voters. I’m not disagreeing with the 1. 4 million number that you posted. I’m just showing you that compared to the number of voters, it’s small.

And what accomplishments am I disputing? He was right when he chastised the Germans in 2018 for being dependent on Russian oil and he was right on the border. But he was terribly wrong when it came to deficits and debt? You disagree?

Democrats made the  2018 midterms a referendum on Donald Trump and won. The reason why it didn’t work in 2021 and will not work in 2022 is Donald Trump is no longer president and Joe Biden is

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:04:27 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2022, 09:24:00 pm »
So this is what we get in summary.

Donald Trump couldn’t do anything about debt and deficit from budgets and spending that Barack Obama left him but somehow magically that same principle doesn’t apply to Joe Biden and forgetting that Donald Trump had a Republican Congress until 2019

Donald Trump had 1.4+ million people attend his rallies out of a country that had 155 million people vote and somehow that represents popularity amongst the public despite the fact that 2018 midterms had Democrats winning not only the HOR but governorships in places like Michigan and Kansas because they made it a referendum on Donald Trump

How do you rationally debate any of this? Rhetorical question because you can’t. You cannot cut through that much emotional devotion

What they are doing is molding Donald Trump into what they think a second Donald Trump term would look like. One of the claims is if he gets a conservative Congress he’ll be able to deal with spending and deficits. I believe the more likely scenario is he would fight Congress if/when they try to control spending.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:50:39 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2022, 10:57:33 pm »
@sneakypete

@DCPatriot

For the Murikan left,it will be just like somebody murdered Santa.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2022, 10:59:08 pm »
Lol…

I could just sit back and let you keep posting and watch you prove all my points

@LMAO

It's ok with me if you want to think that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2022, 11:23:41 pm »
You are correct @roamer_1 it may already be too late. 

The only one that has come forward recently with a "Contract with America" is Sen. Rick Scott, former governor of FL.  He sold us down the river on the 2A and implemented red flag laws.  As far as I know DeSantis has done little if anything to remedy that.

There used to be at least two 3rd rails in Right-facing politics... Abortion and R2KBA... Now look at that... Even those most fervently held beliefs - Those hills to die on are not so any longer. And folks wonder why I left.

Ultimately the power needs to be returned back to the states. I believe that would take convening a Convention of States, but  because of the liberal state legislatures in some states that could prove to do more harm than good.  I believe we missed that opportunity awhile ago.

No @libertybele , all it would take is a Conservative Congress, jealous of it's power, and a president to consent. Congress did most of it, Congress can set it straight, and that which Congress did not do us SCOTUS, which Congress holds impeachment power over. Dry up the money, turn power back to the states, and suddenly there have to be fifty lobbies instead of one. That drags business along, right by the nose.

All it takes is the Conservative Right ACTUALLY voting FOR what they believe in... THAT seems to be the hard part.  *****rollingeyes*****

Yes we need a conservative Congress that will actually do something. Voting the liberals out of Congress and finding enough conservatives to fill those seats has been an on-going problem which has been compounded by the issue of very poor and weak GOP leadership.

Look at what happened to Mo Brooks (and again by Tumpy) - That is not weak leadership. That is strong leadership that has since '94, done everything in their power to keep Conservatives from rising up to national seats. MurderTurdle will cut your throat and give your money to the Democrats rather than let you ascend fairly. THAT is the real enemy. Republican Moderates will not allow Conservatives to rise. There will never be a serious challenge to the Democrats while that is the case.

As for debt, obviously each president inherits the debt of his predecessor. Keep in mind it was Reagan that took us to that $1 trillion dollar mark -- just sayin'.

Yeah. No. Did Biteme inherit Tumpy's debt, so we can let him off the hook too? Bullcrap.

What Reagan did for the first time that I know of is a neat trick. Tax cuts to get business raring to go, spread a little money out in the trailer court... BOOM! Instant economy rocket. That ain't quite right with Reagan, because a good portion of his spending was defense - But it had the same effect - It was not limited to the big defense outlets. Two of my friends started machine shops on the basis of that very thing.

What Reagan did was not wrong. What was wrong was not paying it back during the twenty years of plenty.
So that inflation STAYED in the dollar. And Clinton repeated and didn't pay back. And Bush repeated and didn't pay back. And then Obama repeated and didn't pay back. And then Tumpy repeated and didn't pay back... All that inflation winds up in freewheeling printing and watering down the money.

The fault lies in not paying it back and then doing it again. The only way to get the dollar back is to pay it down.

There is no easy solution, nor do I have the answers, especially when we have a Congress and a SCOTUS who are not on the side of "We the People".

YES there are solutions. They ARE if fact, the principles of Conservatism.
And you get MORE of what you vote FOR.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2022, 11:30:40 pm »
@roamer_1

I know I am wasting my time pointing out facts to a "Rude Orange Man BAD!" devotee,but WHOSE budget did Trump inherit,and just exactly WHAT did you expect him to do other than TRY to get Congress to cancel some of their favorite programs that bought votes for them?

You DO understand we have Presidents,and not Dictators,right?

Cheap ass cop out @sneakypete . Biteme inherited Tumpy's debt. Do we let him off the hook too?
He could have TRIED a VETO pen... But he didn't. He signed up just as much pork and funded just as much liberalism as any Democrat.

That ain't leadership.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2022, 11:36:35 pm »
@roamer_1

You ever heard the terms "Stagnation" and "Inflation" in reference to the economy?

@sneakypete

Yeah... This time started when Tumpy spent a dozen king's ransoms and then shut the damn country off. HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF. How's that for stagflation?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2022, 11:36:37 pm »
With the ultra-liberals  and covert liberals you get the NeverTrumpers that even when they get their way, like biden replacing Trump.  Just try and get a smidgen of remorse or conscience from them of their getting their way with biden.  The best your likely to get is giving democrats a pass o slight mention, while they continue to demonize and blame Trump, even if they have to blame Trump for what democrat shave done and are doing.  Your argueing with a demon with no shame or conscience, and they change not from when they Trashed Trump for four years and since.  They have their master to serve, and they are extremely determined, facts and reality be damned.  Just they way they like it.  As one said, better for America to be destroyed than continue the struggle. Open clarity, amazing in that itself.  (As best i recall)  That is what we are now seeing and living, GET IT PEOPLE?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2022, 11:44:39 pm »
@roamer_1

Yeah,THERE is a thoughtful decision! You get to blame everybody but you for what happens.

@sneakypete
When BOTH SIDES offer nothing but more big government, I will not encourage it with my endorsement...

And yes it is a thoughtful position. The more you vote FOR big.gov on the right The more you will get. And the further we are from any real defense against the Democrats. I will reiterate:

You are funding the very 'deep state' you claim to oppose. and you are sullying the ability of the Right to be in effective opposition.

That's what voting FOR big.gov on the right does, and that is what you do every time you supposedly vote against the Democrat left by voting FOR liberals or moderates on the Right. Your party is filled to brimming with betraying RINOs that will block anything Conservative, and collude with globalists and liberals.

YOU did that. STOP voting for big.gov on the RIGHT.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2022, 11:44:40 pm »
Cheap ass cop out @sneakypete . Biteme inherited Tumpy's debt. Do we let him off the hook too?

@roamer-1

Are you REALLY that ignorant???? TRUMP inherited Obama's debt,and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it,so WHY did you expect him to have that debt paid off in 4 years so that Biden could inherit a balanced budget?

He could have TRIED a VETO pen...

Ahh,you want theater instead of reality! PLEASE tell me what good it would have done to attempt something he KNEW would fail and make him look even weaker in the eyes of people out of touch with reality,like you?

Better to have focused his energy on promoting things like job growth and working on a smaller budget for him to push for. Although with the Dims in charge of Congress,that was about as likely to happen as a blizzard in Miami.

That ain't leadership.

You wouldn't recognize leadership if it bit you on the ass.