Author Topic: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup  (Read 5230 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Biden job approval second lowest among presidents since 1950s: Gallup
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2022, 11:47:39 am »
@DCPatriot

Who the hell keeps 'proof of vote'?
And how do I do that without revealing my identity? You already know I didn't vote in 2020 - I was disenfranchised because my residence and mailing address are different. There was no remedy.

LOL!  I was thinking that media sure finds out how a person voted and what party they are registered...so the information is 'somewhere'.

LOL! my ruralness. I live 1 mile from town. I am not up in the holler yet.

And why should I? Is that the new requirement to be in the 'in' club?
Not interested.

How many people live in "town"?  20,000?  2,000?  (Rhetorical, @roamer_1 ... not prying)  happy77

Remember what I said.  Pragmatists will ALWAYS outlive the Idealist!

Your idealism and $2.00 will get you a medium coffee at your convenience store.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2022, 11:51:58 am »
It’s appears the fight in the GOP isn’t just between conservatives and RINOs.

It’s also between limited federal government conservatives and big spending populists. TEA Party vs Trumpers

Us Coolidge/Goldwater Republicans are a dying breed in the GOP it seems

You see that play out here with the attacks on Roamer simply because of his unapologetic consistent conservatism.

That’s why we will see further erosion of the middle class. There’s not a lot of fiscal sanity out there anymore. Trumpers and RINOs in the GOP love their spending. The  fight between them is only over which side  gets to spend were and how much
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:27:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2022, 01:23:19 pm »
roamer1:
What nonsense is this? You have uniparty RIGHT NOW. Since Dubya onward, BECAUSE Republicans quit guarding fiscal conservatism.
Taxed Enough Already.

christian:
So you have a sense of humor this morning, eh?  You favorite Biden goes to reversing Trump breaks he gave Americans and increases taxes to boot.  Of course blame Trump for even what your buddy Biden has done.  Why am i not surprised?
roamer1:
When is the last time the Republicans reversed spending and balanced the budget? When's the last time the Republicans reversed ANYTHING?

christian?
How narrow a view and biased for democrats can you get?  Democrats go on massive Trillion dollar spendings one followed closely by another and give great amounts of it to the rich and foreigners, yet blame Trump.  HOW PREDICTABLE!

roamer1:
You're kidding right? He CRATERED the economy. He SHUT it OFF.  How much damn better could he be?
I don't want Democrats either, but I will never vote for big government on the Right. NEVER.

christian:
Trump fired up our economy and brought jobs back to America, biden reversed that.  Biden shut us off from our own oil reserves, lands, resources, NOT TRUMP.Are your blinders on so tight the totally blind you?  LIKE hITLER SAID, LIE BIG ENOUGH AND LONG ENOUGH.....I understand you all too well, roamy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:24:14 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2022, 01:28:55 pm »
LOL!  I was thinking that media sure finds out how a person voted and what party they are registered...so the information is 'somewhere'.

@DCPatriot

BTHOOM. (Beats the hell outta me) What a great acronym, eh?

How many people live in "town"?  20,000?  2,000?  (Rhetorical, @roamer_1 ... not prying)  happy77

Something around 25k... around 110k in the county (which is mostly in the valley here).

Remember what I said.  Pragmatists will ALWAYS outlive the Idealist!

Your idealism and $2.00 will get you a medium coffee at your convenience store.

Your 'pragmatism' is destroying the country. How many more years can we continue with a government that costs as much or more than what the whole country makes? That's 'pragmatism'?

So no... You'll get to see how you do in the crash that's inevitable, because no one will stop it.
And I will be stuffed so far back in the sticks I won't hardly know. Who's the pragmatist now?  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:29:51 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2022, 01:42:44 pm »
roamer1:
Tumpy is blamed for EXACTLY what he did.
Republicans likewise.

Show me where I blamed Tumpy for what Bi-dem did.
With a link.

roamy one:
« Reply #149 on: Today at 11:17:05 am »
You're kidding right? He CRATERED the economy. He SHUT it OFF.  How much damn better could he be?
I don't want Democrats either, but I will never vote for big government on the Right. NEVER.

christian:
How clear you blame Trump for what Biden has done, and practice it regularly.  Your farce, like bidens is becoming clearer and clearer to people.  You don't want democrats either, you say, except you don't blame/excoriate them anything like Trump.    Always a vague pass for democrats, followed by rage and hate speech intolerance for Trump.  so predictable and repetitive.

roamer1:
You want my vote, raise up conservatives. I will not help you bury this Republic.

Not interested in big-government Republicans. I would rather it was the Democrats spending us into annihilation,....

christian:
You dance the double tongue quite well and quite often roamer1, oh that people we not so willfully blind to the double tongue contradictory statements of yours.  Aiding and abetting the democrats jihad on America IS helping to bury this country, and biden is irrefutable proof of your handiwork.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2022, 01:44:52 pm »
christian:
So you have a sense of humor this morning, eh?  You favorite Biden goes to reversing Trump breaks he gave Americans and increases taxes to boot.  Of course blame Trump for even what your buddy Biden has done.  Why am i not surprised?

I have done no such thing.

christian?
How narrow a view and biased for democrats can you get?  Democrats go on massive Trillion dollar spendings one followed closely by another and give great amounts of it to the rich and foreigners, yet blame Trump.  HOW PREDICTABLE!

TWENTY - That's TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS.
Two years of that with Republicans in control of all three houses. Two more years after that. ALL of it signed by Tumpy.

christian:
Trump fired up our economy and brought jobs back to America, biden reversed that.  Biden shut us off from our own oil reserves, lands, resources, NOT TRUMP.Are your blinders on so tight the totally blind you?  LIKE hITLER SAID, LIE BIG ENOUGH AND LONG ENOUGH.....I understand you all too well, roamy.

You forget shutting the country off in his last year - HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF. The economy was gone in the first three months. Thousands of businesses destroyed (including mine). Inflation also started on it's precise upward trend in early 2019 - I would argue it started before that - my groceries started going up precipitously the year before construction costs went through the roof.

Your memory is as shoddy as your arguments.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2022, 02:42:15 pm »
I have done no such thing.

TWENTY - That's TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS.
Two years of that with Republicans in control of all three houses. Two more years after that. ALL of it signed by Tumpy.

You forget shutting the country off in his last year - HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF. The economy was gone in the first three months. Thousands of businesses destroyed (including mine). Inflation also started on it's precise upward trend in early 2019 - I would argue it started before that - my groceries started going up precipitously the year before construction costs went through the roof.

I see you're still on your 20 trillion dollar Trump destroyed your business LIE.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2022, 02:47:11 pm »
I see you're still on your 20 trillion dollar Trump destroyed your business LIE.

It is not a lie.

Tell me... How long do you think this country will survive spending near or more than the country makes?

What percentage of GNP should go to government, and how do we get there? By increasing spending exponentially???

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2022, 02:50:33 pm »
It is not a lie.

Tell me... How long do you think this country will survive spending near or more than the country makes?

What percentage of GNP should go to government, and how do we get there? By increasing spending exponentially???
It was a lie the first time you said it and it's still is a lie every time you say it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:52:02 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2022, 03:01:17 pm »

It is not a lie.

@roamer_1

Using Tony Fauci's own words (paraphrased)... "There's a 100% guaranteed pandemic in the next 3 years that will affect the globe"

Ergo, they purposefully painted President Trump into a corner once he agreed to follow the CDC's guidelines. 

Sending every American $2,300. is what FUBARed the national economy and their will to return to their jobs.

Americans working out of their homes ...worse than mainlining heroin.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2022, 03:02:20 pm »
@roamer_1

Using Tony Fauci's own words (paraphrased)... "There's a 100% guaranteed pandemic in the next 3 years that will affect the globe"

Ergo, they purposefully painted President Trump into a corner once he agreed to follow the CDC's guidelines. 

Sending every American $2,300. is what FUBARed the national economy and their will to return to their jobs.

Why is allowing people to work out of their homes worse than mainlining heroin?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
It still is a lie every time you say it.

prove it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2022, 03:04:52 pm »
It is not a lie.

@roamer_1

You’re going to give yourself a headache with some here. I’ve asked for examples and proof from some here and still have not received any answers. Just snarky one liners and excuses.

It’s like telling a teenage girl that her boyfriend was making out with the cheerleader and showing her pictures of it and her still denying it happened and going on a defensive rant

That’s just the way it is. You are not going to convince anybody no matter what facts and data you show them when they have that much deep devotion to somebody or something.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2022, 03:10:12 pm »
@roamer_1

@DCPatriot

There you go. NEVER Tumpy's fault. Everything is Bi-dem's fault. Everything is Obummer's fault... Hell, everything is Reagan's fault.

But not Tumpy. Never poor Tumpy. He can't help it...

Suck it up. Take the hit. You will anyway. Historians will not be kind to Tump.

What FUBAR'd the economy was shutting it the hell off.  Total crater. All the gains made gone, and way worse than that.

No matter how you wiggle, no matter how you dance...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2022, 03:11:03 pm »

Why is allowing people to work out of their homes worse than mainlining heroin?

When hundreds of millions of people don't leave their homes, millions of small businesses (the heart of the economy) die.    :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:12:41 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2022, 03:11:59 pm »
You forget shutting the country off in his last year - HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF.

@roamer_1  The shutdown was supposed to be a voluntary shutdown. Yes Trump left it up to the states as he did re-opening. The CDC, WHO, Dr. Evil and Dr. Birk (can't remember her name exactly) were on TV daily with dire warnings that we had to flatten the curve and NY had people dying left and right.  Not to mention the catastrophic shutdowns in the nursing homes while not testing for COVID.

Then the good ole govt decided to throw $$ at the situation with all the stimulus checks and child care checks, etc., giving people little incentive to get back to work. (Remember Congress dangled their purse strings -- what was Trump going to do - deny people a way to eat?)

You know the story --- Each of us has our own story and most of us soon realized that we'd been duped.  Trump didn't play dictator but rather made recommendations to voluntarily shut down based on the b.s. that Dr. Evil, CDC and the WHO fed him. Fauci knew full well what was happening and he knew full well what happened in China and assisted in a stolen election by instilling fear in people.  Yes, people lost businesses, jobs, family members, etc.  I blame the evil ones, I can't lay this all on Trump's feet. You see it differently and that is fine.

I get it.  Even in FL DeSantis was pressured into shutting us down just like the rest of the country 'opted' to do. Our local government decided to strictly follow the Fauci guidelines and we weren't even allowed on the streets unless we had a job that was considered 'essential'.

DeSantis and Abbott were the first to say enough was enough and they were right to do so. Some people threw a royal hissy fit when DeSantis decided to re-open. Yet we now have an average of 1,000 people a day flocking to our state.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/government/trump-calls-shutdown-until-april-30
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:15:37 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2022, 03:16:32 pm »
@roamer_1

You’re going to give yourself a headache with some here. I’ve asked for examples and proof from some here and still have not received any answers. Just snarky one liners and excuses.

It’s like telling a teenage girl that her boyfriend was making out with the cheerleader and showing her pictures of it and her still denying it happened and going on a defensive rant

That’s just the way it is. You are not going to convince anybody no matter what facts and data you show them when they have that much deep devotion to somebody or something.

Because that's all they've got. This is kitchen table. If you are always spending more than you're making, the end is inevitable... and soon. Somebody needs to cut up the credit cards.

What drives me crazy is that they shrug it off clamp their hands over their ears and run around in circles yelling 'I'm not listening, I'm not listening...'

Venezuela here we come. And they don't care, so long as they can blame it on Democrats.  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2022, 03:17:27 pm »
@roamer_1  The shutdown was supposed to be a voluntary shutdown. Yes Trump left it up to the states as he did re-opening. The CDC, WHO, Dr. Evil and Dr. Birk (can't remember her name exactly) were on TV daily with dire warnings that we had to flatten the curve and NY had people dying left and right.  Not to mention the catastrophic shutdowns in the nursing homes while not testing for COVID.

Then the good ole govt decided to throw $$ at the situation with all the stimulus checks and child care checks, etc., giving people little incentive to get back to work. (Remember Congress dangled their purse strings -- what was Trump going to do - deny people a way to eat?)

You know the story --- Each of us has our own story and most of us soon realized that we'd been duped.  Trump didn't play dictator but rather made recommendations to voluntarily shut down based on the b.s. that Dr. Evil, CDC and the WHO fed him. Fauci knew full well what was happening and he knew full well what happened in China and assisted in a stolen election by instilling fear in people.  Yes, people lost businesses, jobs, family members, etc.  I blame the evil ones, I can't lay this all on Trump's feet. You see it differently and that is fine.

I get it.  Even in FL DeSantis was pressured into shutting us down just like the rest of the country 'opted' to do. Our local government decided to strictly follow the Fauci guidelines and we weren't even allowed on the streets unless we had a job that was considered 'essential'.

DeSantis and Abbott were the first to say enough was enough and they were right to do so. Some people threw a royal hissy fit when DeSantis decided to re-open.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/government/trump-calls-shutdown-until-april-30

I don’t hold Donald Trump responsible for the shut downs. That fault rests more on the state governors. But for God’s  sake, never again. Every governor who shut down their state should have to serve some kind of penance. I’ve never seen a pandemic treated the way Covid was

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2022, 03:19:29 pm »
When hundreds of millions of people don't leave their homes, millions of small businesses die.    :shrug:

If it's mandatory for everyone, maybe; if it becomes an option, then things will transition, as they always have.  To be quite honest, having companies get comfortable with having a workforce that is at least partially remote will bring with it many opportunities, not the least of which is providing a better quality of life to some of their employees - no more spending 2 hours commuting each way back and forth - as well as cost savings - cutting back significantly on the amount of office real estate they have to rent out - and the owners and employees of companies that go out of business at the former office locations - e.g., restaurants that can no longer afford to operate because they no longer get a big lunch rush - will adjust, just as they always have.

That will also bring with it additional complexity because, for example, if an employer that used to have its offices solely in Manhattan now has significant employees in New Jersey and Connecticut as well as in NY, that employer will have payroll tax obligations and its own income tax filing and liability obligations in three states (CT, NJ, NY) instead of just one (NY).  However, to the extent that an employer can utilize its remote workforce to source some of its income out of NYC and into NJ, that employer may end up with an overall lower effective rate of tax, since it will no longer be subject to NYC income tax or NYS income tax on that part of its income, and will instead just be subject to NJ income tax.

When people converted from horse-drawn carriages to automobiles, a lot of people were put out of work - think of all the street sweepers who were employed sweeping up after the horses in Manhattan - but society and the economy adjusted, and the net result was a positive gain.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2022, 03:21:19 pm »

Venezuela here we come.

Or Argentina, or Greece, or Italy, or Spain, or USSR, or Weimar Republic , or Zimbabwe…

We may not become quite as bad as these countries. But if we continue the spending, borrowing, printing policies, it’s safe to say that working and middle-class standard of living is going to further erode. And retirees will get hit pretty hard, also. And it won’t matter if it’s Trump, Biden, DeSantis, Harris, a democrat or a republican continuing these policies. The results will be the same
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:30:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2022, 03:30:12 pm »
I don’t hold Donald Trump responsible for the shut downs. That fault rests more on the state governors. But for God’s  sake, never again. Every governor who shut down their state should have to serve some kind of penance. I’ve never seen a pandemic treated the way Covid was

We've never experienced a pandemic like COVID in modern history; not to this magnitude and certainly not with such ongoing focus. But you are right, the fault lies with the state governors and the politics became obvious.

@LMAO they are shutting them down and putting up fencing so people can't get out from where they are over in Shanghai and Beijing because of COVID.

Dr. Evil Fauci knew about the bio labs, funded research etc. Research has shown that the U.S. has bio research labs over in Ukraine, which Hunter and Joe know about and have financial ties to those 'deals'.  That is why I am so reluctant to strictly blame Russia. Yes they invaded Ukraine and are committing unbelievable atrocities against that country -- I can't help but ask, why all of a sudden did Putin ramp up attacks and invade them; especially since Joe started sending money to the Ukraine long before Putin went ballistic? Also keeping in mind that the war has been going on for over 8 years.  Just my opinion.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2022, 03:30:30 pm »
@DCPatriot

There you go. NEVER Tumpy's fault. Everything is Bi-dem's fault. Everything is Obummer's fault... Hell, everything is Reagan's fault.

But not Tumpy. Never poor Tumpy. He can't help it...

Suck it up. Take the hit. You will anyway. Historians will not be kind to Tump.

What FUBAR'd the economy was shutting it the hell off.  Total crater. All the gains made gone, and way worse than that.

No matter how you wiggle, no matter how you dance...

That's what I meant, @roamer_1

The last thing Pres. Trump wanted to do was to shut it down. 

It was his guarantee to reelection...the adversarial media be damned!

He figured, "I did it once, twice won't be an issue.  The People love me!  Peace around the world and energy independent.  Eff the world!  America First!!!"

But once you pay people to sit on their ass, it's hard to get that same workforce back up to speed.  And impossible to get back the same morale and mental approach from your employees....from the executive floor down to the mailroom.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2022, 03:30:55 pm »
This thread is in trouble.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2022, 03:31:37 pm »
I think I am done with this tread forever.

All it is now is a pissing contest between the "Ah hates Trump causen he bees a ebil billionaire and ah am jel8us and wanna lib in da perfict wurld whur ah doan haveta pay no taxes" cretins,and "regular folks",some of whom are pro-aide to Ukraine and some who aren't.

You just can't reason with unreasonable people who live in their own little world.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:45:27 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2022, 03:31:52 pm »
If it's mandatory for everyone, maybe; if it becomes an option, then things will transition, as they always have.  To be quite honest, having companies get comfortable with having a workforce that is at least partially remote will bring with it many opportunities, not the least of which is providing a better quality of life to some of their employees - no more spending 2 hours commuting each way back and forth - as well as cost savings - cutting back significantly on the amount of office real estate they have to rent out - and the owners and employees of companies that go out of business at the former office locations - e.g., restaurants that can no longer afford to operate because they no longer get a big lunch rush - will adjust, just as they always have.

That will also bring with it additional complexity because, for example, if an employer that used to have its offices solely in Manhattan now has significant employees in New Jersey and Connecticut as well as in NY, that employer will have payroll tax obligations and its own income tax filing and liability obligations in three states (CT, NJ, NY) instead of just one (NY).  However, to the extent that an employer can utilize its remote workforce to source some of its income out of NYC and into NJ, that employer may end up with an overall lower effective rate of tax, since it will no longer be subject to NYC income tax or NYS income tax on that part of its income, and will instead just be subject to NJ income tax.

When people converted from horse-drawn carriages to automobiles, a lot of people were put out of work - think of all the street sweepers who were employed sweeping up after the horses in Manhattan - but society and the economy adjusted, and the net result was a positive gain.

Good stuff, @Kamaji    :beer: