Author Topic: Donald Trump explains why Mike Pence will likely not be his 2024 running mate  (Read 3196 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump explains why Mike Pence will likely not be his 2024 running mate
By Callie Patteson   
March 16, 2022 2:48pm

Former Vice President Mike Pence’s name should not be expected next to Donald Trump’s during the 2024 presidential election, according to his former running mate, who said people wouldn’t “accept it.”

“I don’t think the people would accept it,” Trump told the Washington Examiner this week, pointing to the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election and the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Trump, who has long claimed massive fraud took place during the election, also repeatedly pushed his belief that Pence could have overturned the election results during the congressional certification last year.

“Mike and I had a great relationship except for the very important factor that took place at the end. We had a very good relationship,” the 45th president said, revealing that the two haven’t spoken “in a long time.”

Pence, too, has distanced himself from his former colleague in the past year over Trump’s false claims.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/03/16/donald-trump-explains-why-mike-pence-will-likely-not-be-2024-running-mate/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Trump’s false claims, eh? Some ‘journalis’ doesn’t keep up on current events very well.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I would like Pence to explain why after so much fraud was exposed of the election, Pence certified the election anyway?  Looks to me like Pence should still be spending time behind iron bars for criminal activities or criminal negligence.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Longiron

I would like Pence to explain why after so much fraud was exposed of the election, Pence certified the election anyway?  Looks to me like Pence should still be spending time behind iron bars for criminal activities or criminal negligence.

The real Question is: Why did TRUMP not see or told PENCE was a TRAITOR and against him. Pence was the Point Guard in the WH for the UNIPARTY and worked against TRUMP from day 1. And he did not see this SOB or was not told about him??? The man had no TEAM and still does not have a loyal TEAM to be POTUS, again!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 04:13:54 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
From the beginning I questioned Trump's selection of Pence and also Sessions.  Two people that truly hurt Trump's agenda.  I believe both were working against him from the on start and perhaps one of them was the 'leaker' of information.

Pence certifying the nomination before objections were heard (miraculously that was exactly when the insurrection began) is what I have a problem with.

The VP does not have the authority to overturn the election, but he is obligated to have the objections read (Cruz and Hawley).

Trump should never trust Pence again, nor should he trust his corrupt son-in-law.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

From the beginning I questioned Trump's selection of Pence and also Sessions.  Two people that truly hurt Trump's agenda.  I believe both were working against him from the on start and perhaps one of them was the 'leaker' of information.

Pence certifying the nomination before objections were heard (miraculously that was exactly when the insurrection began) is what I have a problem with.

The VP does not have the authority to overturn the election, but he is obligated to have the objections read (Cruz and Hawley).

Trump should never trust Pence again, nor should he trust his corrupt son-in-law.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump is horrible with his political personnel choices.

Offline Kamaji

I didn't think this needed any explanation whatsoever.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

No explanation needed, but our 'guests' may be curious?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 05:27:23 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
All I know is it better not be Nicki Haley......
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 05:31:06 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
All I know is better not be Nicki Haley......

The smartest move would be to select Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley.

'24 is still a long ways off and I think Trump will announce if he'll run or not after the midterms and IF the GOP takes the House and/or the Senate.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
MTG!

Well, she certainly has spunk, and the leftists can't stand her.  That's a plus.

Offline Killer Clouds

Yeah he could of just said he's a traitor and moved on.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah he could of just said he's a traitor and moved on.
For that matter, he could have just said, "Mike Pence is not under consideration as a running mate."

I think we'd all understand. No explanation necessary.

But I think the whole 1/6 melee was engineered to disrupt the proceedings, which were concluded in relative haste after the building was cleared.

Of interest is the timing of the doors being opened to admit the protestors (and the agents provocateur, CIs, UCs, and swarming DOJ types and operatives in the crowd), and how that relates to the progress of the proceedings for verifying the electoral votes.

Did that occur at a key time in the proceedings to disrupt the process at a critical time to prevent concerns from being voiced? Was it coordinated?

Sure, there were a lot of participants inside who were not LEOs or otherwise on the government payroll, but the overwhelming question is how many of them were let/led in the door by people who were ultimately under Pelosi's control, one way or another?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:30:04 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The real Question is: Why did TRUMP not see or told PENCE was a TRAITOR and against him. Pence was the Point Guard in the WH for the UNIPARTY and worked against TRUMP from day 1. And he did not see this SOB or was not told about him??? The man had no TEAM and still does not have a loyal TEAM to be POTUS, again!

@Longiron

Trump was a political rookie,and the only association he had with politicians was at meet and greets,and parties.

Because of this he relied on the political pros his staff recommended.

I HAVE to think there were some Dims high up in that food chain that were put there to torpedo him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The smartest move would be to select Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley.

@libertybele

I know nothing about Hawley,but I doubt Cruz would accept. I strongly suspect someone has damaging information about him or a loved one/family member,and if he steps out of line,they snatch his chain short.

I think this because Cruz is probably one of the smartest and most ambitious politicians out there,and he always retreats when someone suggests he run for President.

I personally don't trust him any further than I can throw him,but that doesn't mean he isn't smart.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Longiron

Trump was a political rookie,and the only association he had with politicians was at meet and greets,and parties.

Because of this he relied on the political pros his staff recommended.

I HAVE to think there were some Dims high up in that food chain that were put there to torpedo him.

The swamp was thicker and deeper than even Trump realized.

There may not be a poltical solution.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

For all intents and purposes, I'd guess Omarosa is finally out of consideration for Trump VP.

Omarosa ordered to pay $61,000 fine for breach of financial disclosure rules

by Ryan King, Breaking News Reporter  | March 16, 2022 11:28 AM

Former Trump administration aide Omarosa Manigault Newman must pay a $61,585 fine for not complying with financial disclosure requirements after being fired from the White House.

U.S. District Judge Richard Leon sided with the Justice Department and dismissed Omarosa's argument she could not file in time due to confusion over the date of her termination from the Trump administration and because government officials withheld important documents from her.

"The question remains … are there two systems of justice in this country. One that allows those who violate the Hatch Act and Emoluments Clause a slap on wrist and the other that orders an unprecedented fine (highest in history) for an alleged unintentional failing to file a form," Omarosa reacted on Twitter following the ruling.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/omarosa-ordered-to-pay-61-000-fine-for-breach-of-financial-disclosure-rules
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:14:42 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
"The question remains … are there two systems of justice in this country. One that allows those who violate the Hatch Act and Emoluments Clause a slap on wrist and the other that orders an unprecedented fine (highest in history) for an alleged unintentional failing to file a form," Omarosa reacted on Twitter following the ruling.

The injustice of our farce justice system has been
 a harsh irritant for quite a while, often commented on even here.  Is hitlery doing time yet?
 ****slapping 9999hair out0000 :smokin: 9999hair out0000 ****slapping
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sneakypete observes:
"I think this because Cruz is probably one of the smartest and most ambitious politicians out there,and he always retreats when someone suggests he run for President."

It's called the "natural born citizenship", and Mr. Cruz knows well the problems he faces over that issue.

And please, don't say "obama".
You KNEW the media and Pubbies would never seriously have brought that up, because of "racism".
But watch them start digging for "the truth" when a Republican with this problem attempts a serious run for office.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The smartest move would be to select Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley. .

I think he'll choose a governor.  Have we a woman gov ready for a promotion??

Online corbe

I think he'll choose a governor.  Have we a woman gov ready for a promotion??

I think she's Dead.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I think she's Dead.

Nah, she got a gig on Futurama.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@libertybele

I know nothing about Hawley,but I doubt Cruz would accept. I strongly suspect someone has damaging information about him or a loved one/family member,and if he steps out of line,they snatch his chain short.

I think this because Cruz is probably one of the smartest and most ambitious politicians out there,and he always retreats when someone suggests he run for President.

I personally don't trust him any further than I can throw him,but that doesn't mean he isn't smart.

????? I don't know where you come up with someone has damaging evidence on Cruz and he has already stated that IF Trump didn't run, he would run.

I trust him more than most; I believe he has integrity.  Cruz says and does what he means.

You are entitled to your opinion of him @sneakypete but also keep in mind Cruz is the one person who time and time against stood up with Trump not against him. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pence failed the loyalty test.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright