Author Topic: Donald Trump explains why Mike Pence will likely not be his 2024 running mate  (Read 3197 times)

Online LMAO

@andy58-in-nh

You forgot to mention he is rude AND rich.

We need to elect someone who is mild-mannered to the point of timid,and who brags about being broke and in debt. Someone welfare parasites,trust fund children,and foreigners can feel superior to.

Yeah,THAT's the ticket!

But everything he said was right.

Trump has and had very high negatives. Hoping that things get so bad under Biden that people will run to him in 2024 might happen but I'd hate to bet on that alone
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

Name ONE Republican or alleged Republican candidate that has the stones to stand up to the DNC AND the RNC that is NOT named "Trump".

It wasn't Trump

Don't confuse twitter fights with Meghan McCain and Kathy Griffin as fighting Democrats in DC
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 02:31:20 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
What about Byron Donalds? He is not a Gov., but he is sharp as a tack.

He is a representative here in FL.  He unseated one of my reps here, who I supported for quite awhile.  I like Donalds so far, but he lacks experience. No, he's not a governor, nor has he held a seat in the U.S. Senate or House.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
   Even if the GOP takes the House and the Senate back this year, with McCarthy and McConnell in charge it will be a NET Loss.

Yes, it will be more of the same do-nothing RINO GOP.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

Trump's age has always been a huge concern. He may decided NOT to run again, especially if the GOP fails to win the House or Senate.

I'm hopeful he will run and be fit to do so. We sure do see the consequences of having someone "not there" in the office.

If not Trump, I would back Cruz, or Desantis, in a heartbeat.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think he'll choose a governor.  Have we a woman gov ready for a promotion??

The only one that comes to mind is Noem.  She's made a few mistakes along the way, but paired with Trump, I think she'd bring a lot to to the ticket.  However, if I recall she has stated she's not interested and wants to stay serving those in SD.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm hopeful he will run and be fit to do so. We sure do see the consequences of having someone "not there" in the office.

If not Trump, I would back Cruz, or Desantis, in a heartbeat.

Again, I think his decision will be heavily based on whether or not the GOP is successful in taking the House or Senate.

Also, he has a bigger target on his back then ever before and 'they' are going to do everything they can to ensure he can't run in '24.

Online LMAO

Trump policies will win. Trump behavior will not.

Agree

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

????  He did run in 2020 and of course as you know he lost to Trump.  Since then Cruz has stood with Trump and has supported him more times than not.
Cruz has already announced that IF Trump doesn't run, he will run in '24.

Thanks,I hadn't heard that.

I still don't think he will run. I SUSPECT this is just a ploy to pull in campaign contributions,but time will tell.

Cruz is clearly one of the brightest members of either party in the House or the Senate
so IF he does run,chances are he will win because he will destroy any Dim in a debate,

Then again,Biden won the WH,and he couldn't win a debate with a dead field mouse,so who the hell knows who would win?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I handicapped the dimocrat race a little earlier, and that was a difficult, and wide open process where if I truly had to bet, I would guess that it is someone 95% of us haven't evern heard of yet.

The GOP race is a a lot simplier, and the recent CPAC straw poll is probably a pretty good barometer of how it will pan out....

Trump- 59%
DeSantis- 28%
Pompeo- 6%
Trump, Jr. -6%
Cruz- 3%
Rand Paul- 3%

For Odds-

Trump- 3:2
Obscure-Yet to be known 4:1
Desantis- 5:1
Hawley- 10:1
Cotton 10:1
Cruz 20:1
Pence 30:1
Romney 40:1
Trump Jr. 40:1

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

Trump's VP needs to be Desantis...that's how you best unite the party.

That said, making Ted Cruz the AG should be priority number one...the man is legendary as a legal mind and has the bulldog instincts that will be needed. Step two, fire about 80% of our current 2, 3, and 4 star generals...and dump the "woke" shite from the military. Lock down the border and start producing oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear power like there's no tomorrow...because there may not be if we don't get it together quickly.

I'm done with anyone preaching alternatives to Trump for 2024...he is running, he will win, and he will be the only hope for reclaiming the White House. That's the reality of the situation politically...and yes it comes with upsides and downsides...but its not going to change. So, for once, how's about everyone start working towards the goal of actually freaking WINNING in 2024 with the horse we got. There ARE no other horses that are entering this race for us...it's President Trump. Period.

And Corbe, you can damn well bet all you own that Ted Cruz as President would have endorse the Turtle just as Trump did. Political reality was that the Turtle had the support of a majority of other Senators and was going to win his reelection regardless...dividing the party in the face of this Dem onslaught would have been like going into battle with half your available troops on vacation.

I don't like McConnel any more than anyone else, but I'll be damned if that makes me want to surrender to the Dems like some seem to prefer. Divided we lose. Mostly united, we win. Sometimes you fight with the army you have...and yes you have to weed out as many weak links as you can along the way...but you don't destroy your power base just as a battle engages. So wake up and understand we need strategy AND rationality...not emotion and endless internal strife.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 05:02:18 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That said, making Ted Cruz the AG should be priority number one...the man is legendary as a legal mind and has the bulldog instincts that will be needed.

@Mesaclone

I sure can't argue with that one!

Step two, fire about 80% of our current 2, 3, and 4 star generals..

Can we use firing squads to do this?

.and dump the "woke" shite from the military.

Well,since we already have the firing squads formed.......

Lock down the border and start producing oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear power like there's no tomorrow...because there may not be if we don't get it together quickly.

And shut down the border while we are at it so we have the time to be VERY careful about who we let in.

I'm done with anyone preaching alternatives to Trump for 2024...he is running, he will win, and he will be the only hope for reclaiming the White House.

I believe that,also. We have no other non-politician to fill his shoes that isn't afraid of the creatures in the House and Senate.

And Corbe, you can damn well bet all you own that Ted Cruz as President would have endorse the Turtle just as Trump did. Political reality was that the Turtle had the support of a majority of other Senators and was going to win his reelection regardless..

Yes,and something needs to be done to counter that this time. Preferably something that results in him retiring.

AND.......,at the same time,we need to create a new law immediately that bars former politicians from becoming lobbyists. Make it a felony if they are caught trying to pull strings in the background in order to make sure one company/corporation does NOT get preference over competitors that aren't as qualified,or that can provide a product or service  that is superior or at least equal and at a lower price.

IMNSHO,this is KEY to creating a system where under the table deals where politicians close relatives are given board seats or stock in order for that company/corporation to get a government contract.

Let's stop future Mitch the Bitches and Joe Bidens before they can even get started.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That said, making Ted Cruz the AG should be priority number one...the man is legendary as a legal mind and has the bulldog instincts that will be needed. Step two, fire about 80% of our current 2, 3, and 4 star generals...and dump the "woke" shite from the military. Lock down the border and start producing oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear power like there's no tomorrow...because there may not be if we don't get it together quickly.

I'm done with anyone preaching alternatives to Trump for 2024...he is running, he will win, and he will be the only hope for reclaiming the White House. That's the reality of the situation politically...and yes it comes with upsides and downsides...but its not going to change. So, for once, how's about everyone start working towards the goal of actually freaking WINNING in 2024 with the horse we got. There ARE no other horses that are entering this race for us...it's President Trump. Period.

And Corbe, you can damn well bet all you own that Ted Cruz as President would have endorse the Turtle just as Trump did. Political reality was that the Turtle had the support of a majority of other Senators and was going to win his reelection regardless...dividing the party in the face of this Dem onslaught would have been like going into battle with half your available troops on vacation.

I don't like McConnel any more than anyone else, but I'll be damned if that makes me want to surrender to the Dems like some seem to prefer. Divided we lose. Mostly united, we win. Sometimes you fight with the army you have...and yes you have to weed out as many weak links as you can along the way...but you don't destroy your power base just as a battle engages. So wake up and understand we need strategy AND rationality...not emotion and endless internal strife.

:thumbsup:

Online corbe

With all due respect @Mesaclone

Gov. DeSantis ain't stupid and neither is Sen. Cruz enough to become a consideration for a second term Trump's AG (Look at how the last two turned out and the VP).

Even a 'Dead Republican Horse' could beat anything the dems bring up in 2024, they are desperate for another STEAL.

Sen. Cruz was instrumental in deposing Spkr Boehner against ALL GOP wishes.

Win What?   Another $10T in debt?  How many chances do we give the GOP?

Build it and they will come.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Killer Clouds

Yeah starting a third party would be brilliant and welcomed by the Democrat Communist Party. The DCP will stick together like they always do while the other parties split what is left over. Most of the time the lesser of 2 evils 8s the best you get.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@corbe it is difficult to even do a google search to find the party website which is a concern.  The other concern is in 2020 their ballot access was very poor.  They can't win, if they can't get on the ballot.  They are beyond struggling at this point.

I did go into the Constitution Party website and they are asking for the impeachment of Joe. They have a candidate challenging Liz Cheney and a lot of positives, but they just don't have the funds nor the participation to be a viable third party.  As far as I can tell they don't even representation in each state. 

If you are so inclined -- please take a look.

https://constitutionparty.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:17:17 pm by libertybele »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mesaclone, you're a man of better (and more) words than me.

But it's gonna be "Mr. Trump or nothing" in 2024.
If we want to win, and vanquish the democrat-communists, he's the only possible choice.

Anyone else... will lose.
(same as in 2016, before The Party wised up and put into place the "underground election apparatus" that won for them in 2020...)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yeah starting a third party would be brilliant and welcomed by the Democrat Communist Party. The DCP will stick together like they always do while the other parties split what is left over. Most of the time the lesser of 2 evils 8s the best you get.

Thinking that the GOP has a chance without putting systems in place to ensure a fair election is equally as brilliant; perhaps even more brilliant!  The DEMS will continue to cheat like they always do -- yeppers -- let's continue to pretend that the ballot box is still a viable solution.

Yes, I'd love to see Trump or Cruz as President, but as far as the RNC and GOP, they're not implementing a whole lot changes.

The mid terms will be very revealing.

Offline Killer Clouds

Thinking that the GOP has a chance without putting systems in place to ensure a fair election is equally as brilliant; perhaps even more brilliant!  The DEMS will continue to cheat like they always do -- yeppers -- let's continue to pretend that the ballot box is still a viable solution.

Yes, I'd love to see Trump or Cruz as President, but as far as the RNC and GOP, they're not implementing a whole lot changes.

The mid terms will be very revealing.
I agree. If the fraud and cheating are not fixed it really won't matter. The DCP will rule.

Online corbe

Build it and they will come, just as they flocked to Trump's style of 'Reality TV,' they will come to know a better alternative exists.  Without the being baited into childish wars on twitter.
    Sure, the Constitution Party is lacking in Funds and Vision, but just as the Tea Party overtook America, {until Mitch infiltrated the 'nonexistent' Management and destroyed it}. 
    WE are still here, tremendously disappointed in the options offered.
    I have to have hope that there is a better solution than the current shape of things.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

Build it and they will come, just as they flocked to Trump's style of 'Reality TV,' they will come to know a better alternative exists.  Without the being baited into childish wars on twitter.
    Sure, the Constitution Party is lacking in Funds and Vision, but just as the Tea Party overtook America, {until Mitch infiltrated the 'nonexistent' Management and destroyed it}. 
    I have to have hope that there is a better solution than the current shape of things.

Every Democrat and Liberal in the country is rooting for your 3rd party idea....split the Right of Center portion of the country in half....you could not possibly concoct a better plan for ensuring Democrats run the country for the next 50 years virtually unchallenged.  Great work, Corbe.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Well, I agree with you ... "Build it and they will come".  An alternative to the GOP and DNC is needed, but, leadership obviously is key.  Who??  Who would be bold enough and strong enough to courageously lead the country into voting 3rd party and getting enough votes to overwhelmingly win??

Also, you need to consider that Trump's base is around 80,000,000 -- you would have to convince those people to support a 3rd party. Perhaps if it were led by Trump and other GOP conservatives underneath the Constitution Party umbrella but that's a huge long shot and likely improbable.

Obviously our govt is set up as a two-party (actually uni-party in most cases) system and it is set up to make it nearly impossible for a 3rd party win.  I do believe the time is right for a third party...it's just going to take a significant amount of money and the right leader.  Unfortunately, I don't see that on the horizon and I believe they need to do so by '24.  Just not enough time.

Like it or not the Constitution Party hasn't been able to get off the ground to even come close to defeating the two-party system.

Offline dancer

Why do you hate America,and want to see her fail? Name ONE Republican or alleged Republican candidate that has the stones to stand up to the DNC AND the RNC that is NOT named "Trump". And don't even TRY to use Cruz because he will fold like a cheap tent under pressure.
888high58888

Offline Mesaclone

Mesaclone, you're a man of better (and more) words than me.

But it's gonna be "Mr. Trump or nothing" in 2024.
If we want to win, and vanquish the democrat-communists, he's the only possible choice.

Anyone else... will lose.
(same as in 2016, before The Party wised up and put into place the "underground election apparatus" that won for them in 2020...)

You are dead right about 2024...we both are. Its pretty damn clear that Trump is running and nobody in a GOP primary can touch him. He IS our candidate on the Right. As I said...there's a lot of upside to that and also some downside. But the debate over who will be the conservative candidate in the 2024 race is over...its going to be Trump. The debate needs to move forward to strategy and tactics and how we win and save the country from this liberal scourge we are now undergoing. Internal sniping...talk of 3rd parties or Independent conservatives running...does nothing more than fulfill liberal wet dreams.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You are dead right about 2024...we both are. Its pretty damn clear that Trump is running and nobody in a GOP primary can touch him. He IS our candidate on the Right. As I said...there's a lot of upside to that and also some downside. But the debate over who will be the conservative candidate in the 2024 race is over...its going to be Trump. The debate needs to move forward to strategy and tactics and how we win and save the country from this liberal scourge we are now undergoing. Internal sniping...talk of 3rd parties or Independent conservatives running...does nothing more than fulfill liberal wet dreams.

Brendan Fischer
@brendan_fischer

Trump's  post-White House political operation, Save America, raised $3.5M in February, and now has over $110M cash on hand.

That's more cash on hand than the RNC, the DNC, and the Biden campaign combined.    https://t.co/bgubtrg9ZF

8:48 PM ยท Mar 20, 2022   Twitter Web App