Author Topic: Donald Trump explains why Mike Pence will likely not be his 2024 running mate  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Other than those 5 words in the Third Sentence @Mesaclone I believe it to be an excellent screed, also. Thank You.

As you don't think Trump is the man for this job...who the heck do you think is? Desantis won't run if Trump does...and Trump is running...so count him out. Given that, I'd like to know which superman you think can step forward to reform the party, take on the national "establishment", rally conservatives AND enough moderates to win the election...and then actually carry through on promises made once they've won the election.

I see no one waiting in the wings with that kind of "force of personality", political skills and general appeal...but if you've got someone hidden away who can do all this please reveal them to the rest of us.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete   
No. You misunderstood.  I believe in voting for the best candidate that will move this country forward in a more positive direction.  Even IF that candidate isn't the one picked and supported by the establishment was my point and  that was why I brought up McCain -- supposedly he was the one that could win. 

@libertybele

I honestly don't know anyone that even thought McLunatic WANTED to win,never mind COULD win.

Truth to tell,I think if Palin had been at the top of the ticket and had put a muzzle on McLunatic,I honestly think she could have won that year.

Pretty much everybody wanted change,but the guy heading up the "change ticket" spent more time tearing down his VP and her statements than he did attacking the Dims.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mesaclone

I love Ted Cruz. He and Trump are essentially identical in their policy views on nearly every single issue.

But he’s been quite clear. He won’t run against Trump. Try again.

Online corbe

Eliminating DeSantis and Cruz from my perspective list @Mesaclone limits me, being a Texan, with only Beto or Trump, doesn't it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

Eliminating DeSantis and Cruz from my perspective list @Mesaclone limits me, being a Texan, with only Beto or Trump, doesn't it.

Good luck with that.

Offline DB

As more and more comes out about the Covid lock downs, masks and the "vaccine's" effectiveness and deaths tied to it, it may well sink Trump from running again. All of it happened on his watch regardless of the excuses offered. He was taking "credit" for the vaccine as recently as the beginning of the year. That may well come back to haunt him.

A lot can happen before the next presidential election. Trump is by no means a shoo-in.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
As more and more comes out about the Covid lock downs, masks and the "vaccine's" effectiveness and deaths tied to it, it may well sink Trump from running again. All of it happened on his watch regardless of the excuses offered. He was taking "credit" for the vaccine as recently as the beginning of the year. That may well come back to haunt him.

A lot can happen before the next presidential election. Trump is by no means a shoo-in.

Exactly right. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly right.

@libertybele

You anti-Trumpers are all right,of course. I think we should all just agree to vote for Biden and be done with it.

Offline DB

@libertybele

You anti-Trumpers are all right,of course. I think we should all just agree to vote for Biden and be done with it.

It is pretty damn unlikely Biden will even be able to run in 2024. Hopefully DeSantis will run. Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 02:03:48 am by DB »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@libertybele

Why do you keep calling me an anti-Trumper @sneakypete?  Have you not read my posts that I would vote for him in a heartbeat?? Have you not read any of my posts patting him on the back.  You are correct, I've never given him a free pass and have criticized him when I felt it was due., but I have also made the comment and believe that he is one of the best Presidents that we've recently had.

Again, my concern is his age.  My second concern is the leftists maneuvering a way to keep him from running. If you see those as being anti-Trump so be it, but I am being realistic.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 02:00:59 am by libertybele »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Excellent debate!  @Mesaclone

I'd choose you for my team any day   :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why do you keep calling me an anti-Trumper @sneakypete?  Have you not read my posts that I would vote for him in a heartbeat?? Have you not read any of my posts patting him on the back. You are correct, I've never given him a free pass and have criticized him when I felt it was due., but I have also made the comment and believe that he is one of the best Presidents that we've recently had.

Again, my concern is his age.  My second concern is the leftists maneuvering a way to keep him from running. If you see those as being anti-Trump so be it, but I am being realistic.

@libertybele

No. I am so frustrated by the negativity and the anti-Trump lunatics that I ignore most posts about presidential candidates these days.

I just have better things to do that beat my head against a wall  trying to reason with unreasonable people.

Even thinking about just dropping off the board. Or at least just skimming the non-political posts. Too old to be letting myself get this worked up by the brain farts of professional fools.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@libertybele

No. I am so frustrated by the negativity and the anti-Trump lunatics that I ignore most posts about presidential candidates these days.

I just have better things to do that beat my head against a wall  trying to reason with unreasonable people.

Even thinking about just dropping off the board. Or at least just skimming the non-political posts. Too old to be letting myself get this worked up by the brain farts of professional fools.

@sneakypete  it does become disheartening but I also realize that there is a distinct difference as to where this country was heading before Joe took office.  This country was headed in a much more positive direction under Trump; that is absolutely undeniable. Those that don't agree with that statement, well .... they are entitled to their opinions.

Again, my worry is that because of age Trump may decide not to run again; just think of all that he went through. Perhaps, he would rather enjoy the rest of his days with family and friends at Mar A Lago instead of the daily headaches and attacks from the leftists. That doesn't mean that I don't support or hope that he'll run again. He's human. He's still being hounded.  However, I posted an article yesterday, that said that the with hunt is over in NY --- they don't think they have enough evidence.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,465291.msg2611848.html#msg2611848

In short, please don't leave the board, I enjoy your posts. Obviously we all have differences of opinion and we aren't going to all agree on issues.  I've taken breaks from the forum for various different reasons as well. But, I have always come back.  I've been posting here for over 7 years, and I need my TBR buddies.  happy77
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 02:56:29 pm by libertybele »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete  it does become disheartening but I also realize that there is a distinct difference as to where this country was heading before Joe took office.  This country was headed in a much more positive direction under Trump; that is absolutely undeniable. Those that don't agree with that statement, well .... they are entitled to their opinions.

Again, my worry is that because of age Trump may decide not to run again; just think of all that he went through. Perhaps, he would rather enjoy the rest of his days with family and friends at Mar A Lago instead of the daily headaches and attacks from the leftists. That doesn't mean that I don't support or hope that he'll run again. He's human. He's still being hounded.  However, I posted an article yesterday, that said that the with hunt is over in NY --- they don't think they have enough evidence.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,465291.msg2611848.html#msg2611848

In short, please don't leave the board, I enjoy your posts. Obviously we all have differences of opinion and we aren't going to all agree on issues.  I've taken breaks from the forum for various different reasons as well. But, I have always come back.  I've been posting here for over 7 years, and I need my TBR buddies.  happy77

@libertybele

Thanks for the kind words.

As for Trump,don't worry about his age. He has lived a clean life-style his whole life,and you can bet your bippy he has IMMEDIATE access to some of the best doctors in the world 24/7.

On top of that,age 70's ain't what it used to be. I was a blind,staggering drunk for several years,and only "met" one drug I didn't care for. NEVER ate right in my entire life,and quit exercising once I got out of the army.

BTW,I seem to be immune to cocaine. Tried it several times,including once with a professional coke dealer that only sold by the kilo and was proud of that batch,and got NOTHING out of it. It got to the point where I would just turn it down at parties and tell the person offering it to me to give it to someone else because it would be wasted on me. BTW,anyone else experience this "immunity"?

On the other hand,the cheapest Mexican pot you have even seen in your life makes me "3" "0" "stooopid" by smoking just one joint. If I smoke two,you can't take me anywhere in public.

My only mode of transportation for 2 winters in Denver was my Harley,and I would ride it to the liquor store in snowstorms if I was running out of whiskey.

I DID quite smoking in my early 40's,though. I am positive that was a major factor in my living this long. Was having so much trouble breathing I really had no choice.

Never backed down from a fight in my life,regardless of how big or tough the other guy seemed to be,and honestly can't remember losing but one fight despite being a little guy,and that was when I was around 8 and fighting a guy that was 12. Learned a lot from that fight.  No more playing around or playing by the rules when fighting. I am out to seriously hurt you with the first punch or kick. The ONLY rule is "I win."

I admit a lot of that may be due to being 5'6" and my larger opponents not taking me seriously until it was too late for them. Even though I was that short,I could still dead lift over 450 lbs,and after taking karate for more than a year on Okinawa,I knew how to throw a punch and how to avoid being hit by a punch. My Karate instructor was a 3 time Japanese Karate Association winner,and he told me I had the most natural ability of anyone he had ever tried to train.

Yet,here I am in my mid-70's,and NOBODY can ever accuse me of taking care of myself until maybe 5 years ago.

AND.....,I have outlived most of the clean-living people I know,some of whom died in their 20's or 30's from various diseases,traffic accidents,etc,etc,etc.

There just ain't no accounting for when someone will die,other than it will be "when their time comes".

We could have THE perfect in every respect Presidential candidate in his 40's,and he could fall over and die from a stroke,die in an auto accident,have his helicopter fall out of the sky,etc,etc,etc.

Hell,that weasel Jimmah Carter is still alive,and he is close to 100.

So don't let Trump's age scare you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 04:10:52 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Mesaclone

Excellent debate!  @Mesaclone

I'd choose you for my team any day   :beer:

You are too kind, Madame!

Offline Mesaclone

Not to rain on the parade….but, yes, he is a shoo in for the nomination. No one serious will even challenge him. As for the vaccine, there was nothing wrong with focusing on getting that accomplished…the scandal/failure was forcing people to take it against their will. Trump had nothing to do with that stupidity.

Offline DB

Not to rain on the parade….but, yes, he is a shoo in for the nomination. No one serious will even challenge him. As for the vaccine, there was nothing wrong with focusing on getting that accomplished…the scandal/failure was forcing people to take it against their will. Trump had nothing to do with that stupidity.

You conveniently gloss over the fact that Trump was in charge when everything was locked down, people were forced to social distance and wear masks that did nothing all while destroying millions of lives. He also fully promoted a "vaccine" that wasn't safe or effective. Instead he stepped aside and let the executive branch life long bureaucrat experts set policy with no opposition to the destruction they would cause.

Offline Mesaclone

You conveniently gloss over the fact that Trump was in charge when everything was locked down, people were forced to social distance and wear masks that did nothing all while destroying millions of lives. He also fully promoted a "vaccine" that wasn't safe or effective. Instead he stepped aside and let the executive branch life long bureaucrat experts set policy with no opposition to the destruction they would cause.

Yes. I can admit he was far from flawless in handling this crisis. Its easy in hindsight to say what should have been done, but the truth is that the vast majority of Republicans were OK with rushing to a vaccine AND in some short term restrictions and social distancing. I can guarantee you, all that would be long over by now had Trump won re-election...and Fauci would have been canned as well. There were mistakes made...no argument there. The same mistakes a Cruz of Desantis would have made initially as well. Like Desantis did as Governor of Florida, Trump would have altered course by the spring of his 5th year in the Presidency.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

If I recall, Trump left it up to the states to close down and then re-open and many relied on Dr. Evil, the corrupt CDC and the even more corrupt WHO for their guidelines. States that were slow to re-open were mostly blue states.  That's why FL saw such an influx of people moving down here. 

Trump acted very quickly in closing down travel from China, bypassing all the bureaucratic red tape to get PPE's and make shift hospitals built in order to accommodate the medical professionals needs.  He saved lives.  He did incredibly well with the tools and information given him.  He navigated through a pandemic admirably, and displayed true leadership.

I give Trump a huge pat on the back for his handling of the Chinese/Fauci/Biden virus!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump just landed in GA for his rally.....should be an "interesting" one.   :laugh: