Author Topic: Donald Trump explains why Mike Pence will likely not be his 2024 running mate  (Read 3194 times)

Offline corbe

Brendan Fischer
@brendan_fischer

Trump's  post-White House political operation, Save America, raised $3.5M in February, and now has over $110M cash on hand.

That's more cash on hand than the RNC, the DNC, and the Biden campaign combined.    https://t.co/bgubtrg9ZF

8:48 PM · Mar 20, 2022   Twitter Web App

Is that enough to bribe Dominion?   WTF would give $$$ to a Billionaire?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

WTF would give $$$ to a Billionaire?

The 10% who say inflation isn’t a hardship for  them at all?

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,464884.0.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 10:49:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump's VP needs to be Desantis...that's how you best unite the party.

That said, making Ted Cruz the AG should be priority number one...the man is legendary as a legal mind and has the bulldog instincts that will be needed. Step two, fire about 80% of our current 2, 3, and 4 star generals...and dump the "woke" shite from the military. Lock down the border and start producing oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear power like there's no tomorrow...because there may not be if we don't get it together quickly.

I'm done with anyone preaching alternatives to Trump for 2024...he is running, he will win, and he will be the only hope for reclaiming the White House. That's the reality of the situation politically...and yes it comes with upsides and downsides...but its not going to change. So, for once, how's about everyone start working towards the goal of actually freaking WINNING in 2024 with the horse we got. There ARE no other horses that are entering this race for us...it's President Trump. Period.

And Corbe, you can damn well bet all you own that Ted Cruz as President would have endorse the Turtle just as Trump did. Political reality was that the Turtle had the support of a majority of other Senators and was going to win his reelection regardless...dividing the party in the face of this Dem onslaught would have been like going into battle with half your available troops on vacation.

I don't like McConnel any more than anyone else, but I'll be damned if that makes me want to surrender to the Dems like some seem to prefer. Divided we lose. Mostly united, we win. Sometimes you fight with the army you have...and yes you have to weed out as many weak links as you can along the way...but you don't destroy your power base just as a battle engages. So wake up and understand we need strategy AND rationality...not emotion and endless internal strife.

As much as I would like to see Cruz as VP, I think he'd make an excellent AG.  I could live with that.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   Is that enough to bribe Dominion?   WTF would give $$$ to a Billionaire?

@corbe

Ahhhh,class envy!

Maybe you would like it better if he just bought the election,like the Dims do?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dancer

Every Democrat and Liberal in the country is rooting for your 3rd party idea....split the Right of Center portion of the country in half....you could not possibly concoct a better plan for ensuring Democrats run the country for the next 50 years virtually unchallenged.  Great work, Corbe.
:thumbsup:

Offline corbe

It's not lost on me @Mesaclone and @dancer that if Trump does not get the 'full azz kissing' from the GOP in his runup to reelection he will do as he's threatened so many times before, run as a 3rd party candidate and you two (and others here) will think it's the best thing since sliced bread.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

It's not lost on me @Mesaclone and @dancer that if Trump does not get the 'full azz kissing' from the GOP in his runup to reelection he will do as he's threatened so many times before, run as a 3rd party candidate and you two (and others here) will think it's the best thing since sliced bread.   :beer:

Yep
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Longiron

Trump was a political rookie,and the only association he had with politicians was at meet and greets,and parties.

Because of this he relied on the political pros his staff recommended.

I HAVE to think there were some Dims high up in that food chain that were put there to torpedo him.
Not just Dems. Trump upset the finely tuned chain of succession in the GOPe, and between him and Cruz, blew the establishment candidates out of the water in the primaries.

That broke a spoke on the GOPe apple cart. The GOPe was just as anxious to rid themselves of Trump as the Dems were. A decades long good ol' boy club has been savaged, and until he was gone, they couldn't get back to lining their pockets and slowly diminishing the rights of ordinary Americans.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

I’ll support what can win. Trump as GOP nominee…will win. And he WILL be the nominee. This Is a stupid time to argue hypotheticals and absurd longshots…we have to win in 22 and 24. HAVE to. So quit f’ing around about idiotic 3rd party ideas that can do nothing but ensure the Dems win again. Anyone who doesn’t think 4 years of Trump followed by 8 years of Desantis isn’t light years better than 4 more years of Biden and 8 of Harris…is a moron. Sorry, but gotta call it what it is.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

I’ll support what can win. Trump as GOP nominee…will win. And he WILL be the nominee. This Is a stupid time to argue hypotheticals and absurd longshots…we have to win in 22 and 24. HAVE to. So quit f’ing around about idiotic 3rd party ideas that can do nothing but ensure the Dems win again. Anyone who doesn’t think 4 years of Trump followed by 8 years of Desantis isn’t light years better than 4 more years of Biden and 8 of Harris…is a moron. Sorry, but gotta call it what it is.

As far as I'm concerned, @Mesaclone  the Best Candidate is yet to be determined and IDGAF what Vehicle he/she uses. 
   If Trump proved anything it is that Real Conservatives and our Great Country come into harm by way of Populist 'Reality TV Stars' movements, selling platitudes and everything else on CREDIT!

Forgot to ADD, I didn't Vote for Perot, either.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 08:57:45 pm by corbe »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not just Dems. Trump upset the finely tuned chain of succession in the GOPe, and between him and Cruz, blew the establishment candidates out of the water in the primaries.

That broke a spoke on the GOPe apple cart. The GOPe was just as anxious to rid themselves of Trump as the Dems were. A decades long good ol' boy club has been savaged, and until he was gone, they couldn't get back to lining their pockets and slowly diminishing the rights of ordinary Americans.

@Smokin Joe

I hadn't even though to that,but you are probably right.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

@Mesaclone  I would respectively ask you to rethink this.  'They' thought McCain would win and gave us Obammy.  'They' thought Romney would win and gave us yet another term of Obammy.

There is no guarantee that Trump will run or that he will win.  He may win the nomination but that doesn't mean that the DEMS haven't diligently been working on stealing another election or finding a way to stay in power.

We've only got the ballot box.  Who everybody claims will win doesn't mean that's the best person.

We desperately need a true conservative in the oval office. Even more so we desperately need as many conservative governors, AG's, mayors, city councilmen, etc., in office.  Until that is accomplished, we'll never take our country back.

We don't have time to elect the lesser of the two evils again.  How has that been working out???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 09:36:57 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

@Mesaclone  I would respectively ask you to rethink this.  'They' thought McCain would win and gave us Obammy.  'They' thought Romney would win and gave us yet another term of Obammy.

There is no guarantee that Trump will run or that he will win.  He may win the nomination but that doesn't mean that the DEMS haven't diligently been working on stealing another election or finding a way to stay in power.

We've only got the ballot box.  Who everybody claims will win doesn't mean that's the best person.

We desperately need a true conservative in the oval office. Even more so we desperately need as many conservative governors, AG's, mayors, city councilmen, etc., in office.  Until that is accomplished, we'll never take our country back.

We don't have time to elect the lesser of the two evils again.  How has that been working out???

Most of the time the lesser of to evils is all you have. People that don't vote have no right to complain. I do agree that there needs to be more conservatives elected from the bottom up.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Maybe I'm short in the memory department(among other cranial parameters) but I seem to recall McStain presenting as unhinged during the campaign and as for Romnuts from the time he won the nomination he went into such low gear I had to believe he deliberately threw the election.

Offline corbe

Most of the time the lesser of to evils is all you have. People that don't vote have no right to complain. I do agree that there needs to be more conservatives elected from the bottom up.

In my Defense, I JUST GAVE UP. 

Offline corbe

Incidentally, that NeverTrump Cult Favorite is being Broadcast on TCM this Friday at 2:30 pm (CST).

Offline Mesaclone

I see your point, but I was not suggesting a general “just vote GOP so we win” perspective…I was asserting that Trump has PROVEN he governs as a conservative and is all but certain to be the nominee. As such, I will vote for him because he will win AND because he’s conservative. Others must follow their own wisdom but Trump is the ONLY viable path to conservative victory in these next two election cycles. Only a candidate who is both CAN win in my opinion….which is why McCain and Romney could NOT win IMHO.

As for populism…Trump voices the concerns and desire for conservative leadership which our middle class yearns for…so damn right they love him. But THIS “populism” is them blindly following him…it is him being smart enough to advocate what those voters desire in leadership and governance.

Trump is the nominee if he runs. Trump is damn near CERTAIN to run. Given that, it’s self destructive for conservatives to come up with divisive schemes like 3rd parties and other non-starters in the face of an election cycle in which the ONLY way we lose is by sewing division amongst ourselves.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:57:33 am by Mesaclone »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Ahhh,the old "we can't win,so why even try?" argument!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@libertybele

Ahhh,the old "we can't win,so why even try?" argument!

@sneakypete   No. You misunderstood.  I believe in voting for the best candidate that will move this country forward in a more positive direction.  Even IF that candidate isn't the one picked and supported by the establishment was my point and  that was why I brought up McCain -- supposedly he was the one that could win.  That's who the establishment wanted.  Sorry -- I couldn't vote for the guy even though he was the one who 'they' said could win.  Obviously that didn't work out.  'They' wanted Mittens; obviously he didn't work out either.

There are still some who feel Trump is unelectable.  I see it that yes, he maybe unelectable due to the establishment destroying his chances of re-election. IMO Trump moved this country forward in a more positive direction. He is up against them wanting a NWO/Great Reset. Unless there's a candidate whom I feel will lead us in a more positive direction than Trump, I'd vote for Trump again in a heartbeat. 

I have two concerns at this point; Trump's age and election integrity.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:57:21 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I see your point, but I was not suggesting a general “just vote GOP so we win” perspective…I was asserting that Trump has PROVEN he governs as a conservative and is all but certain to be the nominee. As such, I will vote for him because he will win AND because he’s conservative. Others must follow their own wisdom but Trump is the ONLY viable path to conservative victory in these next two election cycles. Only a candidate who is both CAN win in my opinion….which is why McCain and Romney could NOT win IMHO.

As for populism…Trump voices the concerns and desire for conservative leadership which our middle class yearns for…so damn right they love him. But THIS “populism” is them blindly following him…it is him being smart enough to advocate what those voters desire in leadership and governance.

Trump is the nominee if he runs. Trump is damn near CERTAIN to run. Given that, it’s self destructive for conservatives to come up with divisive schemes like 3rd parties and other non-starters in the face of an election cycle in which the ONLY way we lose is by sewing division amongst ourselves.

...hmmm ok -- you and I are basically on the same page, BUT I think if anyone could pull off a third party victory it would be Trump.  I never excluded Trump from the 3rd party equation. 

IF he elects not to run or his age catches up with him -- a 3rd party run is a viable option provided that party has leadership and a bandwagon of conservatives joining him.

The Constitution Party has pretty much fallen apart, but their core platform is conservative and the party has already been established.  It needs a ton of $$$ and true conservative leadership and again a boatload of conservatives behind him. Enter Ted Cruz??
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:55:56 pm by libertybele »

Offline Mesaclone

...hmmm ok -- you and I are basically on the same page, BUT I think if anyone could pull off a third party victory it would be Trump.  I never excluded Trump from the 3rd party equation. 

IF he elects not to run or his age catches up with him -- a 3rd party run is a viable option provided that party has leadership and a bandwagon of conservatives joining him.

The Constitution Party has pretty much fallen apart, but their core platform is conservative and the party has already been established.  It needs a ton of $$$ and true conservative leadership and again a boatload of conservatives behind him. Enter Ted Cruz??

I don't believe the 3rd party road is viable...it ends, at best, in a Ross Perot-ish division of the right while leaving the Left mostly intact. The answer is to fix the GOP...hard as that is....as infested with RINO's as it is...as wrapped in the establishment as it is...because that party infrastructure is a prerequisite for winning a national election. Real conservatives, and I include Trump in that definition, must first seize solid control of the full party structure...and then we must win elections. Only then can we go after the broader government "establishment" and actually fix the problems we face as a nation.

Of equal importance, it takes more than just "pure" conservatives" to win national elections...there has to be an ability to appeal to at least SOME moderates and centrist Dems. A tiny party like the Constitution Party can be purely and perfectly conservative...as its only REALLY trying to appeal to a small fraction of the voting populace. That won't work in a national election. Its a numbers game...you get less votes you lose, and it won't matter how awesome or perfect your ideals may be. While it is ALSO true that selling out your core beliefs simply to win is a self defeating approach...not to mention wrong and unethical...there is room for offering a broad appeal, aka reaching out to blue collar workers (which  too many in or own party perceive as "crass populism") and making the case that capitalism and freedom equate to genuine and practical opportunity for them, without compromising on core conservatism. If we can't find that sweet spot we're in big trouble.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:08:15 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Kamaji

I don't believe the 3rd party road is viable...it ends, at best, in a Ross Perot-ish division of the right while leaving the Left mostly intact. The answer is to fix the GOP...hard as that is....as infested with RINO's as it is...as wrapped in the establishment as it is...because that party infrastructure is a prerequisite for winning a national election. Real conservatives, and I include Trump in that definition, must first seize solid control of the full party structure...and then we must win elections. Only then can we go after the broader government "establishment" and actually fix the problems we face as a nation.

Of equal importance, it takes more than just "pure" conservatives" to win national elections...there has to be an ability to appeal to at least SOME moderates and centrist Dems. Its a numbers game...you get less votes you lose, and it won't matter how awesome or perfect your ideals may be. While it is ALSO true that selling out your core beliefs simply to win is a self defeating approach...there is room for offering a broad appeal without compromising on core conservatism. If we can't find that sweet spot...we are in big trouble.

Offline Mesaclone

I made a small tweak after you thumbs up'd me...not trying to be sneaky =)

Offline Kamaji

I made a small tweak after you thumbs up'd me...not trying to be sneaky =)

Thanks!  Still gets a :thumbsup:

Offline corbe

Other than those 5 words in the Third Sentence @Mesaclone I believe it to be an excellent screed, also. Thank You.