Author Topic: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'

04-27-2018
Emily Jones

Christians around the country are outraged at a California bill that threatens to restrict religious freedom and free speech regarding LGBTQ issues.

Assembly Bill 2943 prohibits the advertising or selling of "sexual orientation change efforts."

The bill declares books and conferences dealing with biblical views on homosexuality or transgenderism as fraudulent under the state's consumer fraud statute. Ultimately, it could penalize those who encourage and promote biblical views of marriage and sex..

The bill was approved by the state assembly last Thursday and now goes to the California Senate for a vote.

Now, Christians are rallying together to stop AB2943 before time runs out......

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/april/will-california-ban-the-bible-christians-say-not-without-a-fight
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 04:39:15 am »
This is unbelievable.  Christianity was the very foundation upon which this country was founded. Let's see ... we have multitudes of people in this country trampling upon the Constitution and Christianity.  Through out those 2 principles and we will have NOTHING that will hold this country together.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:49:20 am »
This is unbelievable.  Christianity was the very foundation upon which this country was founded. Let's see ... we have multitudes of people in this country trampling upon the Constitution and Christianity.  Through out those 2 principles and we will have NOTHING that will hold this country together.

Can't say that we haven't seen it coming.  Gay rights have become slavery of the citizens of the United States of America.  It has become tyranny and oppression of other people's liberty.  Where does liberty come from?  It comes from God. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 04:54:16 am »
When a people refuse to be governed by God they will be ruled by the tyranny of men.

Likewise when a people of faith refuse to stand up and against those things anathema to their faith - they will be subjugated by those things they refused to stand against.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 05:04:00 am »
When a people refuse to be governed by God they will be ruled by the tyranny of men.

Likewise when a people of faith refuse to stand up and against those things anathema to their faith - they will be subjugated by those things they refused to stand against.

Amen

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 05:28:00 am »
My time on this Earth draws near an end. I am ashamed of the country I leave my kids behind to deal with.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 06:06:56 am »
My time on this Earth draws near an end. I am ashamed of the country I leave my kids behind to deal with.

So true that is always on my mind also.  It is not uncommon now to hear people say we are in a post Christian era.  It has been the agenda.  I don't care what unbelievers do but the issue is removing others liberty to believe in God and follow his Will and His Holy Word in our own lives.  People used to say be glad we live in America where we can worship God.  But it is here, the government outlawing God.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 06:52:12 am »
People used to say be glad we live in America where we can worship God.  But it is here, the government outlawing God.

It is the people themselves who are empowering their government to outlaw the free exercise of biblical religion.

Americans up until now, have never experienced how much mankind and this world hates the God of the bible and will do all it can to destroy and eliminate those who are vessels and reminders of that God, so they can worship the ones of their own making instead.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 12:10:38 pm »
I no longer bemoan not having had children.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 01:10:49 pm »
Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'

04-27-2018
Emily Jones

Christians around the country are outraged at a California bill that threatens to restrict religious freedom and free speech regarding LGBTQ issues.

Assembly Bill 2943 prohibits the advertising or selling of "sexual orientation change efforts."

The bill declares books and conferences dealing with biblical views on homosexuality or transgenderism as fraudulent under the state's consumer fraud statute. Ultimately, it could penalize those who encourage and promote biblical views of marriage and sex..

The bill was approved by the state assembly last Thursday and now goes to the California Senate for a vote.

Now, Christians are rallying together to stop AB2943 before time runs out......

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/april/will-california-ban-the-bible-christians-say-not-without-a-fight

Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but isn't the Bible a book? Since WHEN has it been legal to ban books in the US?

The Bible is also the cornerstone of the Christian Religion,and since WHEN has it been legal to ban religions in the US?

That looks and sounds like a "Two-fer Bozo No-No" to me.

I can't see the Trump Justice Dept NOT slapping Ca silly over this one.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:11:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 01:18:07 pm »
This is unbelievable.

Yes,it is. In addition to that,it is outrageous.

Christianity was the very foundation upon which this country was founded.

No,it wasn't. No matter how often that lie is repeated by people like you who sincerely believe it is the truth because of your programming,people came her to FLEE from religious dictates,if anything. America became the first country without an official religion and a law that stipulated religious freedom. Religious freedom INCLUDES freedom FROM religion. Nobody would be required to be a member of any faith in order to live normal lives here.

Let's see ... we have multitudes of people in this country trampling upon the Constitution and Christianity.  Through out those 2 principles and we will have NOTHING that will hold this country together.

There can be no question that the two subjects are related,but just out of curiosity,do you think the Church of Satan and it's members have the same rights and privileges that you do to practice their religion,and that they SHOULD have them?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 01:22:29 pm »

The "tyranny of men" is MUCH preferred over the tyranny of an organized religion that gets IT'S marching orders from "the big holy spook in the sky". You call it religion. I call it delusion.

See? You are admitting you are at war with non-believers.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:23:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 02:40:27 pm »
:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 02:55:38 pm »
With taxes, immigration and now this I believe the California legislature will very soon go too far and provoke a sea change in public attitude that will surprise everyone.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 03:55:16 pm »
Got some left for me?

Always.  Pull up a lawn chair...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 03:59:07 pm »

No,it wasn't. No matter how often that lie is repeated by people like you who sincerely believe it is the truth because of your programming,people came her to FLEE from religious dictates,if anything. America became the first country without an official religion and a law that stipulated religious freedom. Religious freedom INCLUDES freedom FROM religion. Nobody would be required to be a member of any faith in order to live normal lives here.

There can be no question that the two subjects are related,but just out of curiosity,do you think the Church of Satan and it's members have the same rights and privileges that you do to practice their religion,and that they SHOULD have them?

People who write as you have here are ignoring the principles on which the country was founded.  You are correct that nobody was or is to this day forced to be a Christian.  That is because God is a God of liberty and that is what this country is founded on.  Nowhere in the Bible does God force people to make a choice to follow Him.

So that is the tragedy of what is happening in California.  They are dictating that people cannot believe in sin.  Preposterous!  The Bible is for believers and is nonsense to the World.  We could never expect non believers to observe Gods Laws. (Written in the hearts of Christians)  For a very long time LGBTetc, etc, etc has been moving to dictate that people must accept and affirm their way of life.  Even celebrate it.  They are claiming special status and seek to literally control people's ability to think, read or speak what is contained in the Bible about homosexuality. 

I have a brother who is gay.  I love him the same no matter what his choice but it doesn't change the fact that in the Bible homosexuality is a sin.  Meaning that Christians who live their lives according to Gods Word are going to desire to change.  It is the same for any sin and there are many.  Nobody is targeting gluttony, infidelity, murder, stealing.............  But I should want Michelle Obama banned for shaming fat children and trying to control their eating habits through the school.  New York for soda control...................

And Founding Fathers writing are full of reference to God.  Most of them were men of faith and that is the very reason they wrote into the Constitution Freedom of Religion.  Because God is Liberty.

This is a very good in depth look at God given liberty.  I hope you read it.

https://www.ucg.org/beyond-today/is-liberty-a-god-given-right
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:24:23 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 04:44:43 pm »
The "tyranny of men" is MUCH preferred over the tyranny of an organized religion that gets IT'S marching orders from "the big holy spook in the sky". You call it religion. I call it delusion.

Petey buddy - I did not say a thing about 'organized religion', of which popery in religious institutions was abhorrent to the Founders given it's own unique style of imposing the tyranny of men under the auspices they spoke on the authority of God.

Now, if the morality from scripture being practiced by society is something you consider a delusion - then you should be delighted that the Left is tearing it all down and that we can now be justly ruled on high from the Courts or the White House or the 535 morons in Congress.

I prefer to be ruled by the 'holy spook' from the book than the collective tyranny of the idiots and vile creatures in government if you do not mind.  If you do mind - then why are you any different than a SJW?

See? You are admitting you are at war with non-believers.

I am willing to go to 'war' against anyone or anything attempting to rob me of my liberty or subjugate me to accept behaviors and practices I find evil.

Should I consider you to be 'at war' with all Believers?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 04:48:59 pm »

I would suggest that we haven't had any principles holding this country together for a while now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 04:51:02 pm »

Amen and AMEN!

But here we are.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 04:53:48 pm »
Petey buddy - I did not say a thing about 'organized religion', of which popery in religious institutions was abhorrent to the Founders given it's own unique style of imposing the tyranny of men under the auspices they spoke on the authority of God.

Now, if the morality from scripture being practiced by society is something you consider a delusion - then you should be delighted that the Left is tearing it all down and that we can now be justly ruled on high from the Courts or the White House or the 535 morons in Congress.

I prefer to be ruled by the 'holy spook' from the book than the collective tyranny of the idiots and vile creatures in government if you do not mind.  If you do mind - then why are you any different than a SJW?

I am willing to go to 'war' against anyone or anything attempting to rob me of my liberty or subjugate me to accept behaviors and practices I find evil.

Should I consider you to be 'at war' with all Believers?

Actually he is. 

But more importantly, he's at war with the Source of our belief, and that's where the rage comes from.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 04:58:47 pm »

I'm not quite sure why you found it necessary to reply in 'bold' type, but at any rate, our country was indeed founded upon Christian morals and principles.  Here is the breakdown of religious affiliations of our founding fathers:

Religious Affiliation of U.S. Founding Fathers   :

# of Founding Fathers /Percentage

Episcopalian/Anglican   88   54.7%
Presbyterian   30   18.6%
Congregationalist   27   16.8%
Quaker   7   4.3%
Dutch Reformed/German Reformed   6   3.7%
Lutheran   5   3.1%
Catholic   3   1.9%
Huguenot   3   1.9%
Unitarian   3   1.9%
Methodist   2   1.2%
Calvinist   1   0.6%
TOTAL   204   

Religious Affiliation      # of
Senators      % of
Senators
Episcopalian/Anglican      13      44.8%
Congregationalist      4      13.8%
Presbyterian      3      10.3%
Methodist      2      6.9%
Catholic      1      3.4%
Dutch Reformed Church      1      3.4%
Quaker      1      3.4%
unknown      5      17.2%
TOTAL      29      100%

First U.S. Senators:

State                Religious Affiliation                   

Charles Carroll   Maryland           Catholic
Oliver Ellsworth   Connecticut   Congregationalist
John Langdon   New Hampshire   Congregationalist
Caleb Strong   Massachusetts   Congregationalist
Paine Wingate   New Hampshire   Congregationalist
Philip Schuyler   New York   Dutch Reformed Church
Pierce Butler   South Carolina   Episcopalian
Theodore Foster   Rhode Island   Episcopalian
Rufus King   Massachusetts   Episcopalian
James Monroe   Virginia   Episcopalian
Robert Morris   Pennsylvania   Episcopalian
George Read   Delaware   Episcopalian
Tristram Dalton   Massachusetts   Episcopalian
William Grayson   Virginia   Episcopalian
James Gunn   Georgia   Episcopalian
John Henry   Maryland   Episcopalian
Ralph Izard   South Carolina   Episcopalian
Richard Henry Lee   Virginia   Episcopalian
William Samuel Johnson   Connecticut   Episcopalian; Presbyterian
Richard Bassett   Delaware   Methodist
William Few   Georgia   Methodist
Jonathan Elmer   New Jersey   Presbyterian
William Paterson   New Jersey   Presbyterian
Philemon Dickinson   New Jersey   Quaker
Benjamin Hawkins   North Carolina   unknown
Samuel Johnston   North Carolina   unknown
William Maclay   Pennsylvania   unknown
Joseph Stanton Jr.   Rhode Island   unknown
John Walker   Virginia   unknown

http://www.adherents.com/gov/congress_001.html

As for the Church of Satan - I don't consider any group who worships Satan as a religion, but rather an anti-religious entity.  Satanic or demonic worship is not a worship of Christ but a worship of an anti-christ.

The Church of Satan has nothing to do with the founding fathers and quite an irrelevant point of comparison. A group of satanists didn't find and settle this country based on the principles of satanism.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:10:01 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 05:29:07 pm »
Actually he is. 

But more importantly, he's at war with the Source of our belief, and that's where the rage comes from.

You have to cut Pete some slack.  He's looking at the sordid history of organized religion and finds no value in what he understands to be just another form of slavery.

God has not opened his mind to see Him yet, but when He does I think Pete will be a more ardent defender of the truth than what he already defends that we agree upon.

Pete and I are kindred spirits.  I have an idea where he is coming from and why.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 05:32:25 pm »
:2popcorn:

You know this damn Thread is going right to Rochester... with no stops...right?
I'm calling @Mod1  and putting a stop to this train wreck right now.    :amen:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 05:39:06 pm »
You know this damn Thread is going right to Rochester... with no stops...right?
I'm calling @Mod1  and putting a stop to this train wreck right now. 

And people will wonder how it was possible for an entire nation to have surrendered their liberties so easily.

Answer: no one wants to be offended or deal with conflict.