Author Topic: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'  (Read 5793 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 05:47:18 pm »
You have to cut Pete some slack.  He's looking at the sordid history of organized religion and finds no value in what he understands to be just another form of slavery.

God has not opened his mind to see Him yet, but when He does I think Pete will be a more ardent defender of the truth than what he already defends that we agree upon.

Pete and I are kindred spirits.  I have an idea where he is coming from and why.

Yes, organized religion is a whole different ballgame.  Yes, our founding fathers were from 'churches' of different organized religions, but collectively for the most part they were Christian.  There are many different organized religions and the Bible itself has been interpreted and rewritten with different 'versions', but basically they all fall under the Christian umbrella.  The 'new wave' of church and Christian belief is that of non-denominational believers, but they still fall under the Christian umbrella.

Two things that will destroy and are destroying this country for sure; denouncing the role that Christianity has played in the development of this country and in essence denying God and Jesus Christ as our Savior and not recognizing the Constitution as the fundamental building block upon which this country was founded and consequently failing to honor those rules of law.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:48:24 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »
You have to cut Pete some slack.  He's looking at the sordid history of organized religion and finds no value in what he understands to be just another form of slavery.

God has not opened his mind to see Him yet, but when He does I think Pete will be a more ardent defender of the truth than what he already defends that we agree upon.

Pete and I are kindred spirits.  I have an idea where he is coming from and why.

All I know is that he has hated me for more than a decade because I name the Name of Jesus Christ.

I have witnessed to him, spoken kindly to him and prayed for him, but vitriol and hatred are the only things he has returned.

I appreciate your ability to deal with him, but I can no longer do it.

And with that, I will cease and desist.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »
People who write as you have here are ignoring the principles on which the country was founded.

No,people like you are have been programmed since childhood to believe what you say is true,but you are wrong. Many,MANY people came to this country for the religious freedom,which is ALSO THE FREEDOM TO BE FREE OF A STATE RELIGION.

You are correct that nobody was or is to this day forced to be a Christian. 

WRONG again! You either toed the religious line,which was Catholic originally,or you had no rights in Olde Europe. It became better after the smoke died out after The Reformation,but old habits and personal preferences die out slower than law,and your religious beliefs had a lot to do with what kind of job you could get,and even who would sell you merchandise or buy anything from you. For example,lots of Jews were tradesmen that did well financially,but there were businesses they were forbidden to to operate,and they couldn't be in the nobility.

Even people like The Quakers were discriminated against by both the Protestant and the Catholic Churches in Europe,which is why so many (all?) of them came to America.

And forget Satan Worship. Praising Satan would get you a date bonfire or a hangman's rope pretty much everywhere.

Yeah,things ARE different today,but only because our Constitution RECOGNIZES we are free individuals that have the right to be FREE of religion as we do to practice any religion that doesn't include illegalities like human sacrifice. This is why we have been so successful over the centuries at avoiding a repeat of The Wars of the Reformation here. We may not agree with someone else's religious ideas,but MOST of us recognize they have the RIGHT as free Americans to worship in any form they want that doesn't include illegal activity.

That is because God is a God of liberty and that is what this country is founded on.

I would LOVE to hear you explain that theory to ANY Medieval Pope,and when it comes to the Christian Religion,they the Catholics were the OG's that set the rules.

You are making the same mistake that every other "True Believer" makes,and that is assuming YOUR version of the Big Guy is THE One True Version. For most of history,the Christian God has been a vengeful God. Do some Old Testament reading,and then get back to me on your God of Liberty.

Nowhere in the Bible does God force people to make a choice to follow Him.

You are right. You can either be his personal bitch,or you can burn in the molten fires of hell for all of eternity. WADDA GUY!

I have a brother who is gay.  I love him the same no matter what his choice but it doesn't change the fact that in the Bible homosexuality is a sin.

I am sorry to see you think your brother is going to burn in hell fire for all eternity over something he has no control over.

And Founding Fathers writing are full of reference to God.  Most of them were men of faith and that is the very reason they wrote into the Constitution Freedom of Religion.  Because God is Liberty.

That same nonsense is repeated over and over like some cult mantra. The Founding Fathers were all educated men,and back when they were going to school they all went to church schools and universities. If you wanted to graduate,you playing the game and headed up your letters with nonsense like "In the Year of Our Lord.....",and made other religious references. If you didn't,no one would do business with you and no one would socialize with you.

It was custom,which is not necessarily the same thing as faith.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 06:06:23 pm »
All I know is that he has hated me for more than a decade because I name the Name of Jesus Christ.

And with that, I will cease and desist.

You have the right.  But I gotta feeling you don't have the ability.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 06:10:02 pm »
Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'

04-27-2018
Emily Jones

Christians around the country are outraged at a California bill that threatens to restrict religious freedom and free speech regarding LGBTQ issues.

Assembly Bill 2943 prohibits the advertising or selling of "sexual orientation change efforts."

The bill declares books and conferences dealing with biblical views on homosexuality or transgenderism as fraudulent under the state's consumer fraud statute. Ultimately, it could penalize those who encourage and promote biblical views of marriage and sex..

The bill was approved by the state assembly last Thursday and now goes to the California Senate for a vote.

Now, Christians are rallying together to stop AB2943 before time runs out......

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/april/will-california-ban-the-bible-christians-say-not-without-a-fight

One, the Bible will not be banned.

Two, if it were to be, more people in California would read it.

This is just a ploy to rile us up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 06:14:34 pm »

goopo

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 06:15:28 pm »
My time on this Earth draws near an end. I am ashamed of the country I leave my kids behind to deal with.

@Sighlass
Please don't worry about it.  The country as a whole is kinda like most of us:  law abiding, tax paying, moral everyday folks.  Hollywood has managed to skew our perception of reality.  I was appalled in watching the Oscar nominated move, Three Billboards, at the utterly horrible language used throughout.

But I gotta say, your own self-description is not particularly friendly.  I mean to people who might disagree with you.  We are still your neighbors and I believe you have instructions to love us.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 06:19:08 pm »

@Emjay

I think you are right on all three counts.

How ironic would it be if number 2 came true? And given that most of the illegals are Catholics from south of the border,it may very well come true. Which is why the Catholic Church is supporting immigration. They want to dip their beaks into that "Free goobermint money".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 06:19:34 pm »
I'm not quite sure why you found it necessary to reply in 'bold' type, but at any rate, our country was indeed founded upon Christian morals and principles.  Here is the breakdown of religious affiliations of our founding fathers:

Very interesting information.  Thanks for going to the trouble to dig that up.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 06:21:10 pm »
You know this damn Thread is going right to Rochester... with no stops...right?
I'm calling @Mod1  and putting a stop to this train wreck right now.    :amen:

I love you @Wingnut ... or at least I kinda like you, but this whole thread is based on religion ... if you call the Bible religious, so yeah, a train wreck is inevitable.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 06:26:21 pm »
I'm not quite sure why you found it necessary to reply in 'bold' type,

Because on a multiple-reply post it clearly separates what I wrote from what the person I am responding to wrote.  My posts stand out from the quotes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 06:28:07 pm »
@Emjay

I think you are right on all three counts.

How ironic would it be if number 2 came true? And given that most of the illegals are Catholics from south of the border,it may very well come true. Which is why the Catholic Church is supporting immigration. They want to dip their beaks into that "Free goobermint money".

The Cardinals most recently elected a Jesuit to be the Pope.  If you know the pieces of the RC Church, you know that is a wild careen to the left cliff.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 06:45:16 pm »
I love you @Wingnut ... or at least I kinda like you, but this whole thread is based on religion ... if you call the Bible religious, so yeah, a train wreck is inevitable.

LOL.  This thread is exactly why we can't have nice things around here @Emjay  :smokin:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 06:54:09 pm »
You have the right.  But I gotta feeling you don't have the ability.

@Wingnut   Dammit, Wingnut, this lady has witnessed to @Jazzhead and he didn't even appreciate it.  Maybe because she didn't actually come to his door to do it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 06:56:24 pm »
The Cardinals most recently elected a Jesuit to be the Pope.  If you know the pieces of the RC Church, you know that is a wild careen to the left cliff.

@Cyber Liberty ... Yeah, but on the plus side, the new Pope has declared there is no hell, so that's gotta be a relief to some of us.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 09:15:18 pm »
No,people like you are have been programmed since childhood to believe what you say is true,but you are wrong. Many,MANY people came to this country for the religious freedom,which is ALSO THE FREEDOM TO BE FREE OF A STATE RELIGION.

I am not wrong.  The Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and the Foundation was God given liberty.  That is the reason the we all have liberty because they understood free will according to Gods Word.  True no state religion.  You can thank God for that!

WRONG again! You either toed the religious line,which was Catholic originally,or you had no rights in Olde Europe. It became better after the smoke died out after The Reformation,but old habits and personal preferences die out slower than law,and your religious beliefs had a lot to do with what kind of job you could get,and even who would sell you merchandise or buy anything from you. For example,lots of Jews were tradesmen that did well financially,but there were businesses they were forbidden to to operate,and they couldn't be in the nobility.

This isn't Europe and we are talking about U.S Constitution and the gay agenda is looking to make homosexual slaves out of us all.  Dictating what we can and can't believe or how we can raise our own families.  If someone wants to get counceling to help them overcome homosexuality that is someone's own choice.  Who are these homosexuals to dictate that people cannot change?  That is denying the power of Christ which is dictating that I cannot practice my free will choice of faith.  What is going on is that the homosexual community thinks they can dictate every aspect of life.  That my friend is not liberty it is slavery.

Even people like The Quakers were discriminated against by both the Protestant and the Catholic Churches in Europe,which is why so many (all?) of them came to America.

Nobody is discriminating against them here.  Get with the picture.

And forget Satan Worship. Praising Satan would get you a date bonfire or a hangman's rope pretty much everywhere.

Is that a religion?  At any rate I don't think anyone is stopping them unless they are sacrificing children or any human beings, breaking the laws.  BTW there are many instances of Satanists and atheists trying to dictate what others can do.  Like putting up Christmas trees or mangers.  There is much more oppression from non Christians in the United States.

Yeah,things ARE different today,but only because our Constitution RECOGNIZES we are free individuals that have the right to be FREE of religion as we do to practice any religion that doesn't include illegalities like human sacrifice. This is why we have been so successful over the centuries at avoiding a repeat of The Wars of the Reformation here. We may not agree with someone else's religious ideas,but MOST of us recognize they have the RIGHT as free Americans to worship in any form they want that doesn't include illegal activity.

You have just repeated what is in the Bible.  Your a scholar!

I would LOVE to hear you explain that theory to ANY Medieval Pope,and when it comes to the Christian Religion,they the Catholics were the OG's that set the rules.

I am not going to talk about the Catholic church.  I don't belong to it and it doesn't belong to me.  I am a Christian.  I believe that the Bible is Gods True Word.  I have a relationship with Christ who dwells in me

You are making the same mistake that every other "True Believer" makes,and that is assuming YOUR version of the Big Guy is THE One True Version. For most of history,the Christian God has been a vengeful God. Do some Old Testament reading,and then get back to me on your God of Liberty.

I am making no mistake!  I am fully aware of what is in the Bible.  I am fully aware of the love God had to give His only begotten Son on the cross for a sacrifice for sin.  That is a love that is so unconditional and a Father who made a way after the people went astray.  I know what is in the OT, and I see that a good, good Father restored us to a right condition with Him through His Son.  I take the entire Bible Old and New Testament as the Word of God.  The story of man beginning to end.  Not scary but a huge promise.  I  know when I die I am going to be with Jesus and have eternal life.  I live His promises every day including His healing power.  He is my rock and my salvation.

You are right. You can either be his personal bitch,or you can burn in the molten fires of hell for all of eternity. WADDA GUY!

I am a Chosen Daughter.  A Saint, and am loved more than you can comprehend without experiencing the changing power of Christ.  I am blessed to be alive.

I am sorry to see you think your brother is going to burn in hell fire for all eternity over something he has no control over.

That is a lie.  Sin is sin.  Do people have a choice to look at pornography on the internet?  Do they have a choice to do any sexual sin?  Were people born pedophiles?  You don't know crap.  I am not going to go into what I know about my brother but it isn't genetic.  If you say people have no control over sex than they must not have control over any sin.

That same nonsense is repeated over and over like some cult mantra. The Founding Fathers were all educated men,and back when they were going to school they all went to church schools and universities. If you wanted to graduate,you playing the game and headed up your letters with nonsense like "In the Year of Our Lord.....",and made other religious references. If you didn't,no one would do business with you and no one would socialize with you.

Preach it brother!  Yeah you preach your lies.  You determine what you want to think about others if it makes it better for you. 

It was custom,which is not necessarily the same thing as faith.

I knew you wouldn't read the link.  Its better to be ignorant!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:19:27 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 09:23:40 pm »

Yeah, I think the line about wishing your brother to Rochester was a bit over the line.  Glad you answered it, because I'm not about to insult you by speaking for you....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 09:26:18 pm »
Yeah, I think the line about wishing your brother to Rochester was a bit over the line.  Glad you answered it, because I'm not about to insult you by speaking for you....

I know.  How offensive that he thinks he can use my family to support his hate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 09:28:52 pm »

@Chosen Daughter

WHY would I want to read a bunch of superstitious lies,meant to scare children and keep adults in line like scared children?

You don't know crap.  I am not going to go into what I know about my brother but it isn't genetic.

Oh,so your brother made a CHOICE to be a homosexual? And you know this "because the Bible told you so"?

Sooo,by logical extension,YOU made a choice to be a heterosexual,or maybe a homosexual or bi-sexual triggered by fear and guilt to try and pass as a heterosexual?

Why do you think your brother chose to be a homo? Love of the fancy clothes? The Parties? The snappy conversations with lots of little bitchiness?

Maybe he just liked being an object of ridicule and contempt because his religious upbringing taught him to think he needed to feel guilty of something so he chose homosexuality so he could be more like Jesus,and only hang out with other males?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:31:13 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 09:32:12 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

WHY would I want to read a bunch of superstitious lies,meant to scare children and keep adults in line like scared children?

Oh,so your brother made a CHOICE to be a homosexual? And you know this "because the Bible told you so"?

Sooo,by logical extension,YOU made a choice to be a heterosexual,or maybe a homosexual or bi-sexual triggered by fear and guilt to try and pass as a heterosexual?

Why do you think your brother chose to be a homo? Love of the fancy clothes? The Parties? The snappy conversations with lots of little bitchiness?

Maybe he just liked being an object of ridicule and contempt because his religious upbringing taught him to think he needed to feel guilty of something so he chose homosexuality so he could be more like Jesus,and only hang out with other males?

Keep it going.  My family wasn't religious at all.  Not much of a family at all, lacking in much.

I can't and won't speak to what made my brother choose homosexuality.  Yes I think it is a choice just as much as a man or woman cheating on their spouse.  Or a person secretly looking at porn on the internet.  There are so many temptations and that is sin.  Whether it is to lie, cheat, steal, get drunk or high.  Live a life shoveling food into your mouth until you are no longer mobile.  It is a choice but all are based on impulse or desire.  All of which can be overcome.  Not always easy, and many have roots in things that have happened to you in childhood.  Every reason more to embrace a loving God who cares for you and wants to shoulder your burdens for you.  God is love.  Sad that you don't see it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:40:05 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 09:33:55 pm »
@Cyber Liberty ... Yeah, but on the plus side, the new Pope has declared there is no hell, so that's gotta be a relief to some of us.

Gee ... thanks for the enlightenment ... I had no idea that the pope stated that.  So .. if there's no hell, then there's no accountability and Jesus Christ died on the cross for absolutely no reason.  Very reassuring that my neighbor can break into my house and kill me ... no worries ... at least I know he won't be going to hell!  Got it.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 09:34:56 pm »
[...] so he could be more like Jesus,and only hang out with other males?

:silly:

WTF are you even talking about? Actually, it is more probable that you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 09:38:31 pm »
Because on a multiple-reply post it clearly separates what I wrote from what the person I am responding to wrote.  My posts stand out from the quotes.

Gee ...  most of us in here are intelligent enough, to recognize the replies without them being in bold.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:41:08 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2018, 09:40:53 pm »
Very interesting information.  Thanks for going to the trouble to dig that up.

I usually try to back up what I say, rather than just spouting off something.  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 09:45:13 pm »

A technical aside here, not meant to address any of your points:  You quoting style makes quoting you in return a royal PITA, because the forum software makes quoting posts within posts very difficult.
I will NOT comply.