Author Topic: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'  (Read 5790 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2018, 02:22:52 pm »
@darroll

Gimme dat ole time religion,.......

Kinda reminds you of the Old Testament,doesn't it?

As opposed to the "NEW and IMPROVED WORD OF GOD",that now comes with flouride to make it easier to swallow and fear cavities!

Well the Bible isn't some kind of self help book that you take this chapter or that and apply it to your pathetic life.  It is a promise.  I don't ever think of the hell aspect because God is not a God of hate but of love.  I read the Book of Revelations and I think what a wonderful promise and I am an heir to that through Christ Jesus. 

There is lots of stuff out there but wait a minute..........aren't we all going to die when the world gets flooded due to cow flatulence and human carbon?  The world is going to warm up and everyone is going to die unless you pay the carbon tax and let China and India make everything.  Or you can believe in the Dalai Lama or join a one world religion some day.  Happening very quickly but Jesus is the only way to a everlasting life.  That is an awesome love.

Or maybe this is more appealing than an everlasting life with Christ

or this

Then you can look forward to your body disappearing into the dead earth underneath you.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 02:37:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »
Interesting that we have someone here that hates something he doesn't believe in.

How is that possible?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2018, 03:11:00 pm »
Interesting that we have someone here that hates something he doesn't believe in.

How is that possible?

To be fair, I think Pete's disdain has more to do with the fruits and the history of religious hierarchy and imposition of belief under the color of law and threat than the concept of God Himself.

Of course I could be entirely wrong - but I see more fire directed at what religion wreaks when it is tied to political power than I do Pete ragging on someone simply reading the bible and obeying the Commandments.

Again, Pete's mind hasn't been touched yet by the Spirit that would have the scales fall from his eyes and mind.  Remember, the natural mind and flesh is hostile to God.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2018, 04:34:13 pm »
  But it is here, the government outlawing God.

Let's not exaggerate, shall we?    *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2018, 04:40:58 pm »
@Sighlass
Please don't worry about it.  The country as a whole is kinda like most of us:  law abiding, tax paying, moral everyday folks.  Hollywood has managed to skew our perception of reality.  I was appalled in watching the Oscar nominated move, Three Billboards, at the utterly horrible language used throughout.

But I gotta say, your own self-description is not particularly friendly.  I mean to people who might disagree with you.  We are still your neighbors and I believe you have instructions to love us.

Good post, @Emjay   You have a gift for common sense that escapes a lot of folks on this board.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2018, 05:01:31 pm »
Good post, @Emjay   You have a gift for common sense that escapes a lot of folks on this board.

Thanks @Jazzhead   It not only escapes a lot of folks here, it apparently infuriates them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2018, 05:10:31 pm »
Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but isn't the Bible a book? Since WHEN has it been legal to ban books in the US?

The Bible is also the cornerstone of the Christian Religion,and since WHEN has it been legal to ban religions in the US?

That looks and sounds like a "Two-fer Bozo No-No" to me.

I can't see the Trump Justice Dept NOT slapping Ca silly over this one.

Such common sense, would deprive members here of pages of outrage, over  something that is only speculative. In my California town of 200,000 Christian congregations are a growth industry.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2018, 05:11:30 pm »
It not only escapes a lot of folks here, it apparently infuriates them.

Then why come here?  Stay at TOS.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2018, 06:39:16 pm »
You have the right.  But I gotta feeling you don't have the ability.

:silly:

Wow, that one about killed me.
kudos to the take-off on Mr. White.

:beer:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:49:11 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2018, 06:43:29 pm »
Then why come here?  Stay at TOS.

@INVAR   I stay here because I enjoy it.  Someone has to refute all the idiots.  Why do you hold a grudge?  Aren't you supposed to be some great Christian dude?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2018, 06:45:46 pm »
Which is bad news for people living in AZ, TX and NV.  The locusts are ruining AZ.

It's not like it's been a joyous occasion here, either.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2018, 06:46:24 pm »

888buttkisser
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2018, 06:48:10 pm »
@INVAR   I stay here because I enjoy it.  Someone has to refute all the idiots.  Why do you hold a grudge?  Aren't you supposed to be some great Christian dude?

You stay till no one listens anymore when you've continually and falsely overuse the victim card...then you claim you're leaving only to return when you can't take not being the center of attention anymore.

It's a really tired act.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2018, 06:53:25 pm »
You stay till no one listens anymore when you've continually and falsely overuse the victim card...then you claim you're leaving only to return when you can't take not being the center of attention anymore.

It's a really tired act.

@txradioguy   That is a lie and a petty lie at that.  I've left once but not because of any childish abuse from any small-minded posters.  I was just tired of everything in politics.  I never blamed anyone for my leaving, although some tried to take credit for chasing me out.

You have played that stale, trite accusation way too many times (victim card)

What is wrong with you?  You can't stand someone disagreeing with you?  Golly gee, that's what we do here.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2018, 07:01:45 pm »
@INVAR   I stay here because I enjoy it.  Someone has to refute all the idiots.

So like txradioguy said, you are just an attention whore and pot-stirrer, considering we're all "idiots" here on this board.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2018, 07:09:20 pm »
So like txradioguy said, you are just an attention whore and pot-stirrer, considering we're all "idiots" here on this board.

Everyone is not an idiot on this board.  Maybe you and txradioguy.  What is the matter with you?  You are supposed to love your neighbor.  You brag about your faith.  And yet you do not hesitate to verbally abuse someone who disagrees with you about something ... to the extent of following her around to do so even when she hasn't posted anything.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 07:18:27 pm »
Knock off the personal attacks...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 07:22:45 pm »
Everyone is not an idiot on this board.  Maybe you and txradioguy.  What is the matter with you?  You are supposed to love your neighbor.  You brag about your faith.  And yet you do not hesitate to verbally abuse someone who disagrees with you about something ... to the extent of following her around to do so even when she hasn't posted anything.

No, no, no, no, no - you don't get to downplay your own statement by attempting to spin this argument into disparaging my faith toots.  You said:
@INVAR   I stay here because I enjoy it.  Someone has to refute all the idiots

That statement in the manner in which you wrote it goes a lot further than just referencing txradioguy and myself.  I've watched you play this little passive-aggressive victim card on CofA, Roos Girl, Music Lady, Roamer_1 and Smoking' Joe to name a few who dared to disagree with you or make a comment you didn't like on some silly and stupid post you made.

You're a renowned shit-stirrer and when caught, you play coy and innocent - something I've watched you do from the moment I got on this board.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 07:25:59 pm »
No, no, no, no, no - you don't get to downplay your own statement by attempting to spin this argument into disparaging my faith toots.  You said:
That statement in the manner in which you wrote it goes a lot further than just referencing txradioguy and myself.  I've watched you play this little passive-aggressive victim card on CofA, Roos Girl, Music Lady, Roamer_1 and Smoking' Joe to name a few who dared to disagree with you or make a comment you didn't like on some silly and stupid post you made.

You're a renowned shit-stirrer and when caught, you play coy and innocent - something I've watched you do from the moment I got on this board.

INVAR, I had you on ignore and mistakenly took you off.  You just ignored Mystery's request to stop the personal attacks.

You seem to be obsessed with me.  Give it up.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »
My last warning...please use ignore..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:43:28 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2018, 08:21:16 pm »

How is that possible?

@txradioguy

Do you hate communism?
Rape?
Murder?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2018, 08:25:34 pm »
To be fair, I think Pete's disdain has more to do with the fruits and the history of religious hierarchy and imposition of belief under the color of law and threat than the concept of God Himself.

@INVAR

Nailed it!

I do hate the manipulators that prey on the true believers and scam them out of their money,and sometimes even their minds,though.

More evil has been done in the NAME of God anything else you can name. According to Hitler,even he and the Nazi's had God on their side.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2018, 08:28:41 pm »
@Sighlass
Please don't worry about it.  The country as a whole is kinda like most of us:  law abiding, tax paying, moral everyday folks.  Hollywood has managed to skew our perception of reality.  I was appalled in watching the Oscar nominated move, Three Billboards, at the utterly horrible language used throughout.

@Sighlass

Other than the big bucks they donate to leftist causes in order to pump up their standings and get more jobs,Hollywood is now irrelevant for all practical purposes.

What *I* worry about is the politicians,the teachers unions,and the news media.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2018, 08:31:36 pm »
"It's not a glitch, it's a feature."   :beer:

@Cyber Liberty

I stand corrected! 888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2018, 08:35:36 pm »

@Sighlass

Other than the big bucks they donate to leftist causes in order to pump up their standings and get more jobs,Hollywood is now irrelevant for all practical purposes.

What *I* worry about is the politicians,the teachers unions,and the news media.

Well, the aforementioned people are far more likely to impact out lives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: