Author Topic: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'  (Read 5792 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Will California Ban the Bible? Christians Say 'Not Without a Fight'
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2018, 09:46:38 pm »
Every reason more to embrace a loving God who cares for you and wants to shoulder your burdens for you.  God is love.  Sad that you don't see it.

You can plant and water, just remember God gives the increase.

It is not time yet for Pete yet to be given the understanding you and I have been blessed with.

So he looks at life through the eyes of his own mind based on this flesh, which as you know is inherently hostile to God.  It is not subject to God's ways or laws and never will be - of it's own.  You and I were no different before we were called to understand.

It's not Pete's time.  But - you never know when those seeds planted might germinate.

Just keep 2 Peter 3:9 in mind.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2018, 09:50:57 pm »
You can plant and water, just remember God gives the increase.

It is not time yet for Pete yet to be given the understanding you and I have been blessed with.

So he looks at life through the eyes of his own mind based on this flesh, which as you know is inherently hostile to God.  It is not subject to God's ways or laws and never will be - of it's own.  You and I were no different before we were called to understand.

It's not Pete's time.  But - you never know when those seeds planted might germinate.

Just keep 2 Peter 3:9 in mind.

Duly noted.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2018, 09:53:55 pm »
You have the right.  But I gotta feeling you don't have the ability.

Yeah.....actually, I do, @Wingnut.

The question is......... do you?  :shrug:

Probably not.  But do you really think your ridicule is going to intimidate me or make me lose my standards and beliefs?

I certainly hope not, because we've known each other for a long time now, and I know you're not that dense......
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:02:17 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline darroll

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2018, 10:45:59 pm »
GOD,
They won't try that with the Koran or they will go home with their head in their hands.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2018, 11:14:04 pm »
:silly:

WTF are you even talking about? Actually, it is more probable that you don't know wtf you're talking about.

@roamer_1

Let's see,here. Wasn't Jesus a single man in his 30's that lived with other single men,and who never had a relationship with a female?

Isn't there a word for men that shun women and live with other men?

I know! He was a registered Democrat!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2018, 11:15:54 pm »
Gee ...  most of us in here are intelligent enough, to recognize the replies without them being in bold.  :shrug:
[/quote

@libertybele

Yeah,but you ain't even bright enough to understand it after it has been explained to you.

OR......,you just want something to be bitchy about and that's the best you can come up with.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2018, 11:17:47 pm »
A technical aside here, not meant to address any of your points:  You quoting style makes quoting you in return a royal PITA, because the forum software makes quoting posts within posts very difficult.

@Cyber Liberty

How is the forums software glitches my fault? It's a pain in the ass for me,too,but it's not going to get any better. We can't even get them to give us ping lists.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:18:26 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2018, 11:19:41 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

How is the forums software glitches my fault? It's a pain in the ass for me,too,but it's not going to get any better. We can't even get them to give us ping lists.

"It's not a glitch, it's a feature."   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2018, 11:20:33 pm »
GOD,
They won't try that with the Koran or they will go home with their head in their hands.

@darroll

Gimme dat ole time religion,.......

Kinda reminds you of the Old Testament,doesn't it?

As opposed to the "NEW and IMPROVED WORD OF GOD",that now comes with flouride to make it easier to swallow and fear cavities!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:21:16 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2018, 11:24:36 pm »
Let's see,here. Wasn't Jesus a single man in his 30's
[...] and who never had a relationship with a female?

@sneakypete

yes - In a word, he was 'betrothed' to his assembly - If you understood the marriage terminology and the Ketuba (marriage contract) that is the New Testament, you'd understand better.

[...] that lived with other single men [...]

NO. In fact, the Way sect was extraordinary in that it (exclusively) allowed female disciples. There were women in his retinue, and they traveled with him - including, but not limited to Mary Magdalene and Mary, his own mother.

so your tepid little jab at him is nothing but uninformed.  :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 11:27:54 pm »
libertybele wrote:
"This is unbelievable.  Christianity was the very foundation upon which this country was founded."

What makes you think California still believes in or supports any part of "the foundation upon which this country was founded"?

I'll ask you "the Ann Landers question":
Would the rest of the United States of America be better off with California, or without it?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2018, 11:30:12 pm »
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"It is not uncommon now to hear people say we are in a post Christian era."

You can turn that around just a little and also say that we are in a "pre-muslim era" which will be a direct result of being in the post-Christian era.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2018, 11:31:46 pm »
@roamer_1

Let's see,here. Wasn't Jesus a single man in his 30's that lived with other single men,and who never had a relationship with a female?

Let's see here...as mentioned in the Bible Jesus had 'relationships' and 'interactions 'with numerous women.  Those relationships and interactions are not seemingly specified to be sexual in nature, but some accounts are and have been up for debate and interpretation.  What has stuck in my mind is Jesus' treatment of women regardless of wealth or status.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2018, 11:47:40 pm »
@sneakypete

yes - In a word, he was 'betrothed' to his assembly - If you understood the marriage terminology and the Ketuba (marriage contract) that is the New Testament, you'd understand better.

NO. In fact, the Way sect was extraordinary in that it (exclusively) allowed female disciples. There were women in his retinue, and they traveled with him - including, but not limited to Mary Magdalene and Mary, his own mother.

so your tepid little jab at him is nothing but uninformed.  :whistle:

@roamer_1

Yeah,and we all know homos don't get along with their mothers or other women,right?

Where were the wimmins in the Last Supper picture? All I see is a bunch of "close friends" eating and drinking together.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2018, 11:50:14 pm »
@roamer_1

Sorry all, but I had to chuckle at that quip.

Kinda reminds you of the Old Testament,doesn't it?

As opposed to the "NEW and IMPROVED WORD OF GOD",that now comes with flouride to make it easier to swallow and fear cavities!

You know Pete, when your mind is eventually opened to understand the scriptures as well as it is the Constitution and our history (and other histories you show an adroit understanding of as well), you are going to be one hell of a formidable warrior for the Lord man.

I look forward to that day.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2018, 11:52:19 pm »
Let's see here...as mentioned in the Bible Jesus had 'relationships' and 'interactions 'with numerous women.  Those relationships and interactions are not seemingly specified to be sexual in nature, but some accounts are and have been up for debate and interpretation.  What has stuck in my mind is Jesus' treatment of women regardless of wealth or status.

Jesus' treatment of women was, especially considering the culture, downright revolutionary.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2018, 11:52:55 pm »
Let's see here...as mentioned in the Bible Jesus had 'relationships' and 'interactions 'with numerous women.

Of course he did. Women did all the cooking,cleaning,washing clothes,sewing,and shopping.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2018, 11:53:11 pm »

Yeah,and we all know homos don't get along with their mothers or other women,right?

@sneakypete
Classic 'moving the goalposts'.  *****rollingeyes*****

Where were the wimmins in the Last Supper picture? All I see is a bunch of "close friends" eating and drinking together.

I dunno. Ask da Vinci... He's your expert.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:53:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2018, 11:54:35 pm »
libertybele wrote:
"This is unbelievable.  Christianity was the very foundation upon which this country was founded."

What makes you think California still believes in or supports any part of "the foundation upon which this country was founded"?

I'll ask you "the Ann Landers question":
Would the rest of the United States of America be better off with California, or without it?

Granted and good point that we're talking about the state of CA, but if they successfully ban the Bible, that sets a precedent for future court decisions.

Incidentally, there are now more people leaving CA then moving to CA for various reasons.  The states seeing the most CA replants are TX, AZ and NV. 

http://fox40.com/2018/04/26/why-more-people-are-leaving-california-than-moving-here/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/californians-fed-up-with-housing-costs-and-taxes-are-fleeing-state.html

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2018, 11:59:53 pm »

We know Jesus was without sin.  There's also no evidence he was married.

Therefore his relationships were not physical.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2018, 12:15:15 am »
Granted and good point that we're talking about the state of CA, but if they successfully ban the Bible, that sets a precedent for future court decisions.

Incidentally, there are now more people leaving CA then moving to CA for various reasons.  The states seeing the most CA replants are TX, AZ and NV. 

http://fox40.com/2018/04/26/why-more-people-are-leaving-california-than-moving-here/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/californians-fed-up-with-housing-costs-and-taxes-are-fleeing-state.html

Which is bad news for people living in AZ, TX and NV.  The locusts are ruining AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2018, 12:18:07 am »
Which is bad news for people living in AZ, TX and NV.  The locusts are ruining AZ.

Indeed.  I'm wondering if this will have any impact on the upcoming election(s).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2018, 01:22:44 am »
@sneakypete
Classic 'moving the goalposts'.  *****rollingeyes*****

I dunno. Ask da Vinci... He's your expert.

@roamer_1

Is that your way of saying I am right and you don't want to admit it?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2018, 02:15:07 am »
Sorry all, but I had to chuckle at that quip.

You know Pete, when your mind is eventually opened to understand the scriptures as well as it is the Constitution and our history (and other histories you show an adroit understanding of as well), you are going to be one hell of a formidable warrior for the Lord man.

I look forward to that day.

@INVAR I'm honestly surprised Pete is able to type so we'll on these religion topics considering he's typing one handed as he mocks God.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2018, 04:04:51 am »
@roamer_1

Is that your way of saying I am right and you don't want to admit it?

@sneakypete
No, it's my way of saying you're wrong and you don't want to admit it...  :tongue2: