Author Topic: Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’  (Read 10341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’

Raises possibility of recount, notes that ‘God is always in control’

By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Republican Roy Moore refused to conceded the special election race after news networks called the race for Democrat Doug Jones, saying the race is “not over” and that God is on his side.

Mr. Moore and his campaign said the margin of Mr. Jones’ lead is likely to trigger a recount under state law because could end up being less than half a percentage point.

“When the vote is this close, it is not over,” Mr. Moore told his supporters at his election night rally. “We also know that God is always in control.”

Mr. Moore delivered the comments shortly after Mr. Jones declared victory.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/12/roy-moore-refuses-concede-says-alabama-senate-race/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Roy Moore.....Jackass to the bitter end.

Offline libertybele

With the current 'climate' and the race being this close, I don't blame him for asking for a recount.  He has absolutely nothing to lose.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Democrats do this all the time.  Maybe Moore has a future in that party?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

There is one good thing about him fighting this.   It will eliminate the possibility of Jones being seated early, as Democrats are now demanding.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Alabama Supreme Court stays judge's order to preserve voting records in Senate election
The Hill, Dec 12, 2017, Avery Anapol

The Alabama Supreme Court has reportedly stayed a lower court’s order to election officials that would have required the preservation of voting records in Tuesday’s Senate special election.

A circuit judge on Monday ordered election officials to set voting machines to save all digital ballot images, which would preserve voting records in the event of a recount.

Alabama's AL.com said Tuesday morning that the state's Supreme Court had blocked the order.

A group of four Alabama voters filed a lawsuit last Thursday arguing that the state is required by law to preserve the images. The voters’ attorney, Priscilla Duncan, said that the circuit judge’s order would protect votes if there were an “election challenge.”

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364430-alabama-supreme-court-stays-order-to-preserve-voting-records-in-senate

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
With the current 'climate' and the race being this close, I don't blame him for asking for a recount.  He has absolutely nothing to lose.

I agree.  He should ask for a recount.  So many questionable activities by the Dems Dirty Tricks squad.  And very suspicious outcome.

So, yeah. 

By the way, does he meet the criteria for getting a recount?  I have no idea what it is.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline kevindavis007

What a sore loser....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Any race this close should be a recount. Any candidate should have the right to ask for it, and under the law in most states they do. Only if the margin is significant enough do they have to pay for it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
A staunch refusal to concede or surrender.... no wonder the GOP doesn't want him in their party or in a Senate seat.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

They must get rid of the evidence.    The corruption runs deep
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

Moore on election results: I'm waiting for Secretary of State's final count
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:46 pm »

A defiant Roy Moore declined on Wednesday to concede the Alabama Senate election to Democrat Doug Jones, saying that he is waiting on the Alabama secretary of state to certify the vote count.

In a wide-ranging video address posted online, Moore said that the race between him and Jones remained close, and that military and provisional ballots had yet to be counted.

"We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization, and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity," he said. " And the battle rages on." 

Read More: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364836-moore-im-waiting-for-secretary-of-states-final-count

What a loon..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:49:21 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline DiogenesLamp

Alabama Supreme Court stays judge's order to preserve voting records in Senate election

I saw that,  and my first thought was "how weird."   If they are wanting us to believe this is a legitimate election,   this is not the way to do it.   

Why the hurry to destroy records of what happened? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

Re: Moore on election results: I'm waiting for Secretary of State's final count
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:58 pm »

A defiant Roy Moore declined on Wednesday to concede the Alabama Senate election to Democrat Doug Jones, saying that he is waiting on the Alabama secretary of state to certify the vote count.

In a wide-ranging video address posted online, Moore said that the race between him and Jones remained close, and that military and provisional ballots had yet to be counted.

"We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization, and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity," he said. " And the battle rages on." 

Read More: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364836-moore-im-waiting-for-secretary-of-states-final-count

What a loon..

I'm sure you are anxious for the senate to seat Jones. Sooner is better, right?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 07:45:45 pm »

Let me guess.   You hated Moore before the accusations?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 08:02:53 pm »

Too bad he and his representatives couldn’t have been this concise and clear during the campaign appearances and interviews.  You may not agree with it all, but it’s not the circus they presented when it really mattered.

Time to saddle up Sassy for his windmill tilting tour.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:03:49 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 08:11:28 pm »

Too bad he and his representatives couldn’t have been this concise and clear during the campaign appearances and interviews.  You may not agree with it all, but it’s not the circus they presented when it really mattered.

Time to saddle up Sassy for his windmill tilting tour.

Your implication being that his view that "We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization, and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity..."  is a Quixote like quest?   

I'm beginning to think so too.   Why try to save people who don't want to be saved? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 08:20:22 pm »

Your implication being that his view that "We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization, and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity..." is a Quixote like quest?   

I'm beginning to think so too.  Why try to save people who don't want to be saved?

Actually, my implication is that he’s still counting ballots when there’s not enough outstanding votes for him to change the outcome.  A large percentage will be from democratic get out the vote efforts. The math isn’t with him to overcome the deficit.  Everyone but Roy seems to know this.

As for saving those who don’t want to be saved, eff ‘em.  You’re only responsible for yourself, in that regard.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:28:49 pm by edpc »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 08:42:15 pm »

Actually, my implication is that he’s still counting ballots when there’s not enough outstanding votes for him to change the outcome.  A large percentage will be from democratic get out the vote efforts. The math isn’t with him to overcome the deficit.  Everyone but Roy seems to know this.

If you operate under the assumption that everything is square and legit,  "everyone"  knows this.   If you postulate the possibility that there may be some skullduggery to uncover,  it is not so clear that the math is insurmountable. 

Roy isn't going to get another chance.   The media and Republican party backstabbing did him in,  and he's old.    He's got nothing to lose,  and I don't blame him for trying.  Occasionally miracles happen. 

As for saving those who don’t want to be saved, eff ‘em.  You’re only responsible for yourself, in that regard.

When you share a boat with the others,  it kinda becomes a problem for you when they don't want to be saved.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 08:50:25 pm »

Let me guess.   You hated Moore before the accusations?

@DiogenesLamp

I didn't "hate" him but I thought he was a kook long before the accusations.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:54:22 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 09:06:23 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

I didn't "hate" him but I thought he was a kook long before the accusations.

Moore was different both culturally and era-wise.   To those  outside of his specific time and sub culture,  he appeared as a kook.   To those within his subculture and era,   he was not.   

Most people want to judge him by their own life experiences and culture,  not those of his time and place.   There is no empathy for him because people cannot relate.   His existence is so Alien to them. 

He is "the other."

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 09:06:46 pm »

If you operate under the assumption that everything is square and legit, "everyone" knows this.  If you postulate the possibility that there may be some skullduggery to uncover, it is not so clear that the math is insurmountable.

And there's always a loud group who will never let it go, blaming Deep State, Russians, Soros, and anything else that lets them deny he just plain lost.  It's just gotten ponderous - from both sides.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 09:11:19 pm »

And there's always a loud group who will never let it go, blaming Deep State, Russians, Soros, and anything else that lets them deny he just plain lost.  It's just gotten ponderous - from both sides.

Would you prefer Doug Jones be seated ASAP? Then he can vote on tax reform.