Author Topic: Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’  (Read 10285 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm not a fan of Roy Moore, but I'm with him on this. They should count all the votes before declaring this other guy the winner.

Even Trump, who always gets touted for never giving up and fighting back, is telling him it's over.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,295093.0.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump Urges Moore To Concede Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2017, 07:46:12 pm »
What does he have to lose by not conceding? His reputation's already shot and it's not like he's going to run again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

I have to say DGL, that even though you and I vehemently disagreed in regards to the election last year, I do have to say I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed reading your excellent arguments in regards to the out-of-control judiciary as it related to Moore and this past election.

Caught myself nodding my head vigorously when reading much of your comments and rebuttals in the past couple of months.

Well thank you,  but I often think we are all voices calling out in the wilderness.   The finest crafted argument will not move someone who's mind is made up and who doesn't have sufficient interest in something to bother weighing the truth.   

In my experience,  this sort of person makes up the majority of those we will encounter.   

But thank you for appreciating my work.   I've seen some pretty good arguments from you as well. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Well thank you,  but I often think we are all voices calling out in the wilderness.   The finest crafted argument will not move someone who's mind is made up and who doesn't have sufficient interest in something to bother weighing the truth.   

In my experience,  this sort of person makes up the majority of those we will encounter.   

But thank you for appreciating my work.   I've seen some pretty good arguments from you as well.

@DiogenesLamp

Dude.  Your "work"?  Seriously, lol?

Offline Mesaclone

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I find it interesting that the denigration focus has now shifted from a candidate to those who stood up for some semblance of what heretofore would approach American Jurisprudence and rationality.

Now those who should hang their heads in shame for their egregious and malevolent slanders and for their participation in the trial by mob witch hunt, attack those who point that out.
I suppose it is to be expected, but many of the same decried such treatment when they supported someone other than Trump, and yet, here they are, doing the same thing. Perhaps they think it will justify supporting someone who is full force behind Planned Parenthood and who embraces fully the Liberal Agenda.

Thank you for your lucid, informative and interesting commentary through the election in AL.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

I find it interesting that the denigration focus has now shifted from a candidate to those who stood up for some semblance of what heretofore would approach American Jurisprudence and rationality.

Now those who should hang their heads in shame for their egregious and malevolent slanders and for their participation in the trial by mob witch hunt, attack those who point that out.
I suppose it is to be expected, but many of the same decried such treatment when they supported someone other than Trump, and yet, here they are, doing the same thing. Perhaps they think it will justify supporting someone who is full force behind Planned Parenthood and who embraces fully the Liberal Agenda.

Thank you for your lucid, informative and interesting commentary through the election in AL.

@Smokin Joe

Like calling people Democrats?  Soros employees?

Sluts who posed for Penthouse?

Insulting their dead parents?

Yeah, I agree with you, but I won't hold my breath, lol.

Silver Pines

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2017, 10:51:10 pm »
What does he have to lose by not conceding? His reputation's already shot and it's not like he's going to run again.

Exactly. He's got plenty of time. There is no hurry to get this done.

I'm just curious why the recount hasn't begun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Like calling people Democrats?  Soros employees?

Sluts who posed for Penthouse?

Insulting their dead parents?

Yeah, I agree with you, but I won't hold my breath, lol.
@CatherineofAragon

Okay, where did I do any of those to you? Or anyone else, for that matter?
I just thought y'all were wrong, and said so.  Where are the accusers now? Gone with the wind. You were played.

You and others have mischaracterized my statements (right? @musiclady , who ignored an entire statement about not approving of slavery-- I believe the words I used were that I find it "abhorrent".)

I made a comparison about then and the rat-infested shooting galleries (in more ways than one) that the inner cities have become, the bondage to government handouts, and yes, even the edumification that you proclaim which has become a joke (can't read cursive) and you, @musiclady called me a racist.  You really don't know me at all. So, sod off.

Now, @CatherineofAragon provide even one quote where I said any of those things about you.

Prove your innocence, dear. It hasn't even been 40 days, much less 40 years.

We both know I didn't. You got it wrong again. Don't bother to address me again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2017, 10:59:20 pm »

Exactly. He's got plenty of time. There is no hurry to get this done. I'm just curious why the recount hasn't begun.

@240B 

Roy Moore recount could cost $1 million, may not be allowed
AL.com, Dec 15, 2017 Leada Gore

Roy Moore isn't ruling out asking for a recount in his failed bid for the U.S. Senate.  That doesn't mean it will happen or is even allowed, however.

Moore lost to Democrat Doug Jones on Tuesday night by some 20,000 votes - 650,436 votes, or 48 percent, to 671,151, or 50 percent. Moore has refused to concede the race to Jones, saying he will wait until all provisional and military ballots are counted and the race is certified.

According to Secretary of State John Merrill, the final results will be certified no earlier than Dec. 26 and no later than Jan. 3. Moore hopes the margin is close enough - under 0.5 percent - to trigger an automatic recount.

"Realize when the vote is this close, it's not over," Moore told supporters Tuesday night. "And we still got to go by the rules about this recount provision. It's not over, and it's going to take some time."

More: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/roy_moore_recount_could_cost_1.html

Offline edpc

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2017, 11:01:40 pm »
I think I'll pass on OAN ...

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/15/one-america-news-called-alabama-election-roy-moore/

LOL at the sax guy on stage at Moore's rally at the end of the video clip.  I'll bet you anything he's playing the 'I Still Believe' song from Lost Boys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P23c9KO5uY

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2017, 11:09:09 pm »

Offline edpc

Where are the accusers now?

Same place as Roy's ridiculous phone book lawyer after 5 CST on a Friday.

Happy Hour.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Okay, where did I do any of those to you? Or anyone else, for that matter?
I just thought y'all were wrong, and said so.  Where are the accusers now? Gone with the wind. You were played.

You and others have mischaracterized my statements (right? @musiclady , who ignored an entire statement about not approving of slavery-- I believe the words I used were that I find it "abhorrent".)

I made a comparison about then and the rat-infested shooting galleries (in more ways than one) that the inner cities have become, the bondage to government handouts, and yes, even the edumification that you proclaim which has become a joke (can't read cursive) and you, @musiclady called me a racist.  You really don't know me at all. So, sod off.

Now, @CatherineofAragon provide even one quote where I said any of those things about you.

Prove your innocence, dear. It hasn't even been 40 days, much less 40 years.

We both know I didn't. You got it wrong again. Don't bother to address me again.

@Smokin Joe

If I have something to say to you, I'll say it.  Whether you answer is up to you.

The women are talking in a current L.A. Times article; so much for them being gone with the wind.  But I wouldn't expect them to keep doing so, would you?  For what aim?

Show me where I accused you personally of those insults.  I didn't.  I corrected you and informed you that slander was flying from both sides. 

Prove my innocence, forty years...I don't even know what you're talking about.

Silver Pines

Same place as Roy's ridiculous phone book lawyer after 5 CST on a Friday.

Happy Hour.

@edpc

And Moore's lawsuits....against the Post, and al.com, and...wasn't there a third one?  Not sure but I thought so.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

Dude.  Your "work"?  Seriously, lol?

It's quite apparent that your output doesn't require much in the way of effort.  Do not judge the rest of us by your half bushel.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I dare say that this is just about the finest argument I have seen from you so far!  Way to go!

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

I dare say that this is just about the finest argument I have seen from you so far!  Way to go!

Vielen Danke!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Vielen Danke!

Youse two's ain't as bad as I remember. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

Sometimes, in order to dodge a bullet you've got to embrace the dirt.

There are plenty of decent, conservative Republican people out there who'd make excellent political representatives, especially those who benefit from the virtues of being well-reasoned and morally upright.

Why do we keep picking nuts from the Crazy Tree?  :shrug:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There are plenty of decent, conservative Republican people out there who'd make excellent political representatives, especially those who benefit from the virtues of being well-reasoned and morally upright.

Have you ever tried to get one of those decent, conservative Republican people to actually sign up for a run at political office?   Why would any thinking person agree to subject themselves and their families to that in this environment?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm gonna try pictures.   I can't get through with words.

And I could keep going. 

The reason these people aren't seen as "nuts"  is because the Media attack machine doesn't focus on them unless it is forced to do so.   
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:06:34 am by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline andy58-in-nh

Have you ever tried to get one of those decent, conservative Republican people to actually sign up for a run at political office?   Why would any thinking person agree to subject themselves and their families to that in this environment?

That is a very fair question. The reasons why we get the candidates we do flow directly from our diseased cultural institutions.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn