Author Topic: Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’  (Read 10338 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Moore on election results: I'm waiting for Secretary of State's final count
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 09:34:42 pm »
Would you prefer Doug Jones be seated ASAP? Then he can vote on tax reform.

We already knew, based on the certification timeline set forth by the Alabama SoS, the winner would not be seated until the 2018 session began.  So, what I'd prefer is people not incorrectly and knowingly falsely interpret what I've said in an effort to create a salve for their own butthurtedness.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

Who are you trying to kid? Provoking "butthurtedness" is exactly why you're here today posting on this issue.

I just didn't want to disappoint you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:40:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 09:46:23 pm »
I'm sure you are anxious for the senate to seat Jones. Sooner is better, right?

Do you beat your wife?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 09:49:58 pm »

Do you beat your wife?
No.

(I think you screwed up your complex question fallacy.)

Offline edpc

I just didn't want to disappoint you.

Well, thanks for trying.

Offline GrouchoTex

(Narrator voice): It was over....

Offline kevindavis007

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline musiclady

Memories...........

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

! No longer available
A classic.

No one has beaten the combo of Don, Frank and Howard in that booth.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 12:50:53 am »

Moore was different both culturally and era-wise.   To those  outside of his specific time and sub culture,  he appeared as a kook.   To those within his subculture and era,   he was not.   

Most people want to judge him by their own life experiences and culture,  not those of his time and place.   There is no empathy for him because people cannot relate.   His existence is so Alien to them. 

He is "the other."
As I grew up, he would be considered very normal.  He is definitely not a kook.

Look at the attack on him and his message as the future attacks on ministers and clergy.  bet on it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 12:56:29 am »
As I grew up, he would be considered very normal.  He is definitely not a kook.

Look at the attack on him and his message as the future attacks on ministers and clergy.  bet on it.

Roy Moore managed to get where a great many of my generation aspired to go and as far as I'm concerned he is a great man and  true patriot.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

No one has beaten the combo of Don, Frank and Howard in that booth.

They were usually drunk as hell.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
@DiogenesLamp
@IsailedawayfromFR
@Bigun

Back in the beginning of this millenium Moore defied a Federal court order. I think the court order was stupid. It was an overreaching interpretation of  the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. Nonetheless, it was a valid court order. He defied a valid court order and he was the Chief Justice.

He's a kook.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 01:24:16 am »
Roy Moore managed to get where a great many of my generation aspired to go and as far as I'm concerned he is a great man and  true patriot.
Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

They were usually drunk as hell.

Don and Frank laid a lot of track back in the day.  If they were alive today the would never pass the new test on Inappropriate Sexual behavior.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 01:25:24 am »

888high58888  I am not evangelical as he is.... but yes.

As for the substance... how many ballots yet to count?  Especially military?

Now the Machiavellian in me speaks..... drawing this out gives tax cuts one more vote until it is decided. The Judge is doing a service here. I expect a tax package, passed by both Houses ..next week.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@DiogenesLamp
@IsailedawayfromFR
@Bigun

Back in the beginning of this millenium Moore defied a Federal court order. I think the court order was stupid. It was an overreaching interpretation of  the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. Nonetheless, it was a valid court order. He defied a valid court order and he was the Chief Justice.

He's a kook.
Got it. He disagreed vehemently, so he's a kook. Well bleep it, I guess I'm a kook, too. Not only was the establishment clause twisted out of shape on that one, but on the other issue the Tenth Amendment was shredded and the District Judge ordered the wrong people to do things they didn't do, so Moore ordered his people to follow the State Constitution.
Some "kook".  We could use a lot more of them, we'd be rid of the ACA if we had a Congress full.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Don and Frank laid a lot of track back in the day.  If they were alive today the would never pass the new test on Inappropriate Sexual behavior.

Well, we know Frank for sure.  He got caught up in that famous tabloid sting.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He's right. With a difference of 100 votes or so, it would be stupid not to get a recount.

Maybe he can find hundreds of ballots in the trunk of his car, like they did for Al Franken.

Every time Franken fell behind, his staff 'found' just enough ballots to put him in the lead again. The most fraudulent election ever, and yet nobody said a word about it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:31:42 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@DiogenesLamp
@IsailedawayfromFR
@Bigun

He's a kook.IMHO.

Fixed it for you. 

And I strongly disagree with you.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Got it. He disagreed vehemently, so he's a kook. Well bleep it, I guess I'm a kook, too. Not only was the establishment clause twisted out of shape on that one, but on the other issue the Tenth Amendment was shredded and the District Judge ordered the wrong people to do things they didn't do, so Moore ordered his people to follow the State Constitution.
Some "kook".  We could use a lot more of them, we'd be rid of the ACA if we had a Congress full.

He didn't just disagree. He defied a valid court order. Yes, the court did twist the establishment clause. That happens all the time these days. It's the theocrats are coming, the theocrats are coming! It's chicken little bullshit. But you can't defy a valid court order, especially if you're a chief justice.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He didn't just disagree. He defied a valid court order. Yes, the court did twist the establishment clause. That happens all the time these days. It's the theocrats are coming, the theocrats are coming! It's chicken little bullshit. But you can't defy a valid court order, especially if you're a chief justice.

And by defying that court order on behalf of the state of Alabama he put the case on a direct track to have SCOTUS decide the matter.

IMHO we would be FAR better off today if our president had defied a few recently issued nut case issued court orders!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:46:05 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

Though I thoroughly enjoyed the back and forth here on TBR the last 2 months, I never lost sight that other than a few Briefers that actually live in Alabama (who I am appreciative of even Moore for their on the ground reports @Sighlass) None of us really had any Skin in the Game, unless we were donating and I know some of you did or doing phone banks for him.

Skin in the Game
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
    Though I thoroughly enjoyed the back and forth here on TBR the last 2 months, I never lost sight that other than a few Briefers that actually live in Alabama (who I am appreciative of even Moore for their on the ground reports @Sighlass) None of us really had any Skin in the Game, unless we were donating and I know some of you did or doing phone banks for him.

I strongly disagree with you @corbe.  We all had plenty of skin in the game whether or not we realize it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien