Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22773 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2017, 03:53:26 am »
Someone probably already said it;

The timeline on Sessions really doesn't make sense, he was appointed AG subject to confirmation and then, the farcical Russian scandal broke. Sessions would not have known of this previously.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2017, 04:06:08 am »
There is a strong argument based on the case of Wong Kim Ark v. U.S. that Cruz is not a "natural born citizen" because he was born outside of the U.S. and inside of another country (and his parents weren't part of the U.S. diplomatic mission to that country).   That position is not a foregone conclusion based on that case because the case itself dealt with the application of the 14th Amendment to the child of Chinese subjects who at the time of his birth were domiciled in the U.S.   in the course of discussion, however, the Court went over the history of citizenship and alienage by birth, noted that the clear common law rule had always been that an individual was a citizen of the country where he was born, even if his parents were not, and held that the 14th Amendment essentially restated the rule as it had always applied to whites and then made that rule's applicstion to everyone mandatory, regardless of race.  In other words, the 14th essentially restated the ancient rule that citizenship in the place of birth arose automatically (i.e., "naturally").   The two basic exceptions being for children whose parents were part of a diplomatic mission or an occupying foreign army.   

As I said, Cruz' case is the opposite of the facts dealt with in Wong Kim Ark, but the case did rest on what was considered normative common law at the time and therefore is strong persuasive authority for the argument that Cruz is not a "natural born citizen".

Too bad, because look at the white trash "natural born citizen" we have in office now; NBC doesn't provide any guarantee of value.
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/spin-cycle/ny-judge-rejects-challenge-to-ted-cruz-s-citizenship-status-1.11547629

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/03/01/judge-dismisses-ted-cruz-illinois-citizenship-lawsuit/81153054/#

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/01/07/why-ted-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen/?utm_term=.ec703d700d8f

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/04/cruz_can_appear_onted_cruz_can_appear_on_nj_primary_ballot_judge_rules_nj_primary_ballot_judge_rules.html

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/03/11/ted-cruz-pennsylvania-primary/

NBC has been challenged and upheld for Cruz, in multiple State courts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:14 am »
   Smartest thing Sessions has done since jumping on the Trump Train, EARLY, Recusing himself, especially if their is just a 'kernel' of truth in this report.

Trump slams 'illegal' leak alleging Sessions discussed campaign with Russian envoy

By Alicia Cohn  - 07/22/17 06:55 AM EDT

President Trump on Saturday morning blasted a Washington Post article based on U.S. intelligence reports claiming Attorney General Jeff Sessions discussed Trump campaign issues with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S.

Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak recounted two such conversations with Sessions to his superiors in Moscow. Kislyak’s version of events was intercepted by U.S. spy agencies that monitor Russian communications, according to the Post.

The report does additional damage to allegations that Trump campaign officials colluded with Russian officials at a time when the Kremlin was seeking to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Trump pushed back on the source rather than the veracity of the Post’s report. (my emphasis)

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343262-trump-slams-illegal-leak-alleging-sessions-discussed-campaign-with

Seems to me he was meeting with Russians as a Campaign Surrogate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2017, 04:13:50 am »
Bears repeating.  Snowflakes over in the Trump camp cried and received  a safe space during the election season.  Therefore they could avoid  mean people who rightfully questioned Trump's psychological fitness to be  POTUS.   All good I guess, in that way they could live in their realm of denial.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2017, 04:15:48 am »
Nice to see you again @aligncare and yes this is the NT HQ.

Just because that side has the better arguments doesn't mean lesser positions are unwelcome!  :laugh:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2017, 04:18:10 am »

Cool. I'm glad to finally be able to put a face with your handle.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2017, 04:20:45 am »
Beautiful curls, BTW.

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2017, 04:24:05 am »
Cool. I'm glad to finally be able to put a face with your handle.

Good one @RoosGirl  .... here is yours ....   

« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2017, 04:24:37 am »
Beautiful curls, BTW.

Nice jacket. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2017, 04:25:28 am »
I don't have blue eyes though.

« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2017, 04:27:06 am »
I don't have blue eyes though.

Neither does your portrait. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:07 am »
Neither does your portrait.

My phone shows them as blue.  But WTH I'm crazy so maybe they're pink with green polka dots.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:33:12 am by RoosGirl »

« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2017, 04:31:08 am »
My phone shows them as blue.  But WTH I'm crazy so maybe their pink with green polka dots.

LOL.  No, it's black and white.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2017, 04:39:40 am »
LOL.  No, it's black and white.
Independent opinion, very definitely dark blue on my computer, too. "flesh" colored exposed skin, too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:40:49 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2017, 04:40:16 am »
Independent opinion, very definitely dark blue on my computer, too.

Time to call in my IT geek!   :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2017, 04:41:52 am »
Bears repeating.  Snowflakes over in the Trump camp cried and received  a safe space during the election season.  Therefore they could avoid  mean people who rightfully questioned Trump's psychological fitness to be  POTUS.   All good I guess, in that way they could live in their realm of denial.
Been through that before. It was the owners' idea.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2017, 04:48:37 am »
Independent opinion, very definitely dark blue on my computer, too. "flesh" colored exposed skin, too.

I do see the skin color ... just not the blue. 

Edit:  Actually when I enlarge the picture, the blue comes through. 

Thanks @Smokin Joe

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:50:39 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2017, 05:00:25 am »

ONE of the owners, not both as I recall.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2017, 05:01:10 am »
I do see the skin color ... just not the blue. 

Edit:  Actually when I enlarge the picture, the blue comes through. 

Thanks @Smokin Joe
You're welcome, @Right_in_Virginia

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2017, 05:05:59 am »
I can't recall seeing you respond to anyone (with a differing opinion of course) in a civil manner.  Are you capable? 

I would like to point out that upthread I stated that IMO Ted Cruz was not a NBC and not one person attacked me for it.  No one called me an idiot, or made any veiled snarky remark about my intelligence.

Look harder. You will see I am among the most civil when it comes to responses.

I am so civil, I self-censored myself, and deleted that very remark in question a short time later.

You saw it while it was up, but I deleted it before I saw your comment.

If you are leading a movement to be civil here, I support it. And that is the truth.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2017, 05:09:14 am »
ONE of the owners, not both as I recall.

One owner or two, the point was that it was NOT Trump's supporters asking to be "protected" here.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2017, 05:31:34 am »
Look harder. You will see I am among the most civil when it comes to responses.

I am so civil, I self-censored myself, and deleted that very remark in question a short time later.

You saw it while it was up, but I deleted it before I saw your comment.

If you are leading a movement to be civil here, I support it. And that is the truth.

Oh hell, I have a hard time being civil at times also.  We all make stupid comments out of frustration occassionally.  And sometimes we do it just cause we're jerks every now and then.  I deleted my comment to you with your quote attached.   I look forward to more interesting and less frustrating conversation.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2017, 05:32:42 am »
One owner or two, the point was that it was NOT Trump's supporters asking to be "protected" here.

Are you certain?  It was my understanding that it was a request from Trump supporters.  Maybe that wasn't correct.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2017, 05:37:27 am »

It wasn't the one owner alone asking to be 'protected' from any comments that they did not like about Trump.  Trump's fanbase on this board were more than happy to demand "protection" from any 'negative' posts appearing in their "Pro-Trump Only" Safe Space.  Replies were removed and the members restricted if comments were deemed to be anti-Trump.  I recall the comments made among one another about how 'refreshing' your Pro-Trump Safe Spaces were, free from all the 'noise' and nastiness of NeverTrump. 

Yet, at the same time, while the EverTrump bunch could run and hide behind the ramparts of their safe space, they would pop into the open range threads, especially during the Debates - and engage in hit and run insults and scurry back to their safe room to talk about the rest of us haters and delusionals among pals. 

They had their cake and they ate it too.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2017, 05:45:04 am »

Jim R. totally sold out.  He was actually a Cruz supporter very early on.  But he was weak and there was a cadre of Trumpers who got together and held a private fund drive to get him to give the Trump appearance threads protection and only allow positive comments on those threads which would go on for hundreds of posts.

Then it just spread to the general population.  But the worst thing he did was allow vile, vicious abuse of anyone who said anything negative about Trump or anything positive about the Goldman Sachs Canadian.  I was the recipient of stuff I didn't believe a decent human being would say. 

Then he started monitoring my posts and right after that I found myself homeless and out on the street.  I'm reinstated now but I never go over there.  I think he reinstated some people who were previous donors to try to get some more money.  Of course, he'll never get another penny from me.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.