Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22769 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2017, 01:22:14 pm »
Funny.  Seems Trump himself is already doing a bang up job of that. .

@catfish1957

How so?  What action has he taken that is moving us towards 3rd world status?

- Reducing govt regulations?
- Pushing for an increase in military spending?
- Weakening the EPA?
- Proposing we get rid of Federal interference in education?
- Appointing a damn fine Supreme Court Justice?
- Stopping our involvement in the Syrian civil war?
- Pulling out of the Paris boondoggle?

Trumps's got many character flaws and I wish Cruz were President, but its too late for that.  Is it his use of twitter to thumb his nose at the media that has you all up in arms?

Cmon what is he doing that is pushing us towards 3rd world status?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2017, 01:23:41 pm »
Baloney... 

I have said several nice things about some of Trump's moves for the first 6 months.  The problem is the man himself.  He can or will not stop resorting to juvenile behavior.  The best thing this POS could do right now is govern in seclusion, shut up. and let his people do their jobs.

Otherwise his self destruction is imminent.

@catfish1957

The day after the election I said I would give Trunp a chance to see what he would do.  Since then, I've given him credit for the regrettably few decent things he's done. 

But that's not good enough for some Trump supporters.  They ignore it and they call you a hater anyway.  So to hell with it.  I'm not going to go out of my way to praise that jerk just to be fair.  Like I said, if he accomplishes anything it's because he didn't happen to step on his (self-bleep) at the moment.  Or because his next eruption of Twitter malice was still in the queue.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2017, 01:23:42 pm »
Don't recall, but it wouldn't surprise me.  It wasn't a coup then, and it wouldn't be a coup now.

Exactly.

"Deep State" is the Alt Right version of "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2017, 01:23:59 pm »
@Oceander isn't that the same kind of thing the Libs said when Billy Jeff was impeached?  That Republicans were attempting a Coup?

Huge overreach by the House GOP to impeach Bill over sex. I did not support that.

Oceander

« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2017, 01:24:00 pm »
Please name one illegal thing candidate Trump or President Trump has done, and please provide evidence to back up your claim.

The only claim I made is that using the Constitutionally provided tools to remove a president is not a coup d'etat.  That seems pretty obvious:  if the Constitution - legal authority - permits it, then it cannot be a usurpation of legal authority.  Prove otherwise. 

Oceander

« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2017, 01:24:45 pm »
Huge overreach by the House GOP to impeach Bill over sex. I did not support that.

So the on youd agree with the Democrats that it was an attempted coup d'etat. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2017, 01:26:09 pm »
Please name one illegal thing candidate Trump or President Trump has done, and please provide evidence to back up your claim.

I don't remember anyone here saying he has done anything illegal.  Our gripe is he is an unhinged meglomaniac who can't focus outside of being at war with anyone who says anything bad about him.

He is allowing his agenda to be off track due to self inflicted distractions,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2017, 01:27:30 pm »

So that little lying under oath and obstruction thingy just didn't matter huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2017, 01:28:13 pm »
So that little lying under oath and obstruction thingy just didn't matter huh?

It didn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2017, 01:29:29 pm »
:bigsilly:

And so far all you've received in return for your support is a bill of goods.

Immigration laws ARE being enforced,
Federal regs Are being reformed (16 old regs removed for every new reg)
Conservatives ARE being appointed to the courts
ISIS and ISIS likes groups ARE being wiped out.

Everything Trump can do on his own authority IS being done as promised.
Oh and refugees coming to the USA HAS been slowed down.

Silver Pines

« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2017, 01:29:52 pm »
Now the Conservative Tree House does excellent analysis, really top notch.

@jpsb, you just convinced me that you're trolling for the fun of it.  And I mean that.

Good trolling requires that you maintain some subtlety.  That sentence went a little bit too far.

Oceander

« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31:37 pm »
Immigration laws ARE being enforced,
Federal regs Are being reformed (16 old regs removed for every new reg)
Conservatives ARE being appointed to the courts
ISIS and ISIS likes groups ARE being wiped out.

Everything Trump can do on his own authority IS being done as promised.
Oh and refugees coming to the USA HAS been slowed down.

The only thing that unambiguously stands to his credit as an accomplishment of his own is Justice Gorsuch.  That's a pretty thin reed to rest on.  It makes him, at most, just barely marginally competent as a president. 

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2017, 01:32:14 pm »
It didn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense.

Under those strict guidelines Nixon shouldn't have been railed out too?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2017, 01:34:12 pm »

:bigsilly:

Trying to convince people to use the Constitutionally provided tools to remove a sitting president - impeachment - is not a coup d'etat, no matter who is doing the attempted persuading.

@Oceander
Are you really that blind?  Or is it willful?

The Constitutionally provided tools were intended to remove a President who had done what?   Cmon you're a lawyer you know this.....committed  "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.".

Of which there is no evidence that a sane person would stand behind.  So unless you are Howard Dean the Constitutionally provided tool of impeachment is not applicable.   Its not intended as a tool to remove a President that you don't agree with, or that used bad words in a locker room 20 years ago.   

So the fabrications and lies being used are an effort to depose a sitting President based on political differences.   They wish to subvert the wishes of American voters in order to retain their personal political power and agenda.    They aren't using much open violence yet but what they are doing is  attempting to overthrow a duly elected President. 

And the NTs cheer

@jpsb

Offline jpsb

« Reply #339 on: July 25, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »
The only claim I made is that using the Constitutionally provided tools to remove a president is not a coup d'etat.  That seems pretty obvious:  if the Constitution - legal authority - permits it, then it cannot be a usurpation of legal authority.  Prove otherwise.

President Trump has not done anything illegal. Appointing a Special Console to conduct a witch hunt, to use the power of the state in collusion with the state media to drive a president out of office. Is not a proper constitutional use of power.  Again name the crime? Provide evidence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #340 on: July 25, 2017, 01:36:51 pm »

It wasn't over sex. He was impeached for committing perjury in a trial where he was accused of sexual harassment by a subordinate when he was Attorney General of Arkansas.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2017, 01:37:29 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #342 on: July 25, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »
@Oceander
Are you really that blind?  Or is it willful?

The Constitutionally provided tools were intended to remove a President who had done what?   Cmon you're a lawyer you know this.....committed  "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.".

Of which there is no evidence that a sane person would stand behind.  So unless you are Howard Dean the Constitutionally provided tool of impeachment is not applicable.   Its not intended as a tool to remove a President that you don't agree with, or that used bad words in a locker room 20 years ago.   

So the fabrications and lies being used are an effort to depose a sitting President based on political differences.   They wish to subvert the wishes of American voters in order to retain their personal political power and agenda.    They aren't using much open violence yet but what they are doing is  attempting to overthrow a duly elected President. 

And the NTs cheer

@jpsb

I made no claim that it would be successful or should be successful.  I simply said that attempting to persuade the public to use the tools was not a coup d'etat.

"Coup d'etat" does not mean simply that they oppose your beloved Orange God. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #343 on: July 25, 2017, 01:38:36 pm »
The only thing that unambiguously stands to his credit as an accomplishment of his own is Justice Gorsuch.  That's a pretty thin reed to rest on.  It makes him, at most, just barely marginally competent as a president.

@Oceander
So everything that doesn't happen is his fault.  But nothing that does happen is his work?   Is that what you're saying?

A conservative Supreme Court Justice instead of a leftist is HUGE.  Everyone knows its HUGE.  So why do you think its a thin reed?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #344 on: July 25, 2017, 01:40:56 pm »
I made no claim that it would be successful or should be successful.  I simply said that attempting to persuade the public to use the tools was not a coup d'etat.

@Oceander

"Coup d'etat" a sudden and decisive action in politics, especially one resulting in a change of government illegally or by force.  (dictionary.com)

****slapping ****slapping ****slapping

Impeachment is pretty darn forceful.  Do judges let you get away with this kinda stuff?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2017, 01:41:42 pm »
@catfish1957

How so?  What action has he taken that is moving us towards 3rd world status?

- Reducing govt regulations?
- Pushing for an increase in military spending?
- Weakening the EPA?
- Proposing we get rid of Federal interference in education?
- Appointing a damn fine Supreme Court Justice?
- Stopping our involvement in the Syrian civil war?
- Pulling out of the Paris boondoggle?

Trumps's got many character flaws and I wish Cruz were President, but its too late for that.  Is it his use of twitter to thumb his nose at the media that has you all up in arms?

Cmon what is he doing that is pushing us towards 3rd world status?

How about right off the bat, quality of leadership.  I for one am  used to seeing the "mentally ill leaders" as problems of other countries.  As far as anything else, he's got 3 1/2 more years to pull it off.

Oceander

« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:27 pm »
@Oceander
So everything that doesn't happen is his fault.  But nothing that does happen is his work?   Is that what you're saying?

A conservative Supreme Court Justice instead of a leftist is HUGE.  Everyone knows its HUGE.  So why do you think its a thin reed?

I grant Gorsuch.  But in the meantime he is doing so much damage to everything else that it may be irrelevant.  He has already done significant damage to the president's unilateral authority over border control with that stupid EO that gave liberals the opening to give standing to individual organizations to sue to overturn presidential immigration controls. 

Win a battle, but lose the war is not a viable strategy.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #347 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:38 pm »
So the on youd agree with the Democrats that it was an attempted coup d'etat.
Well no, since there was an actually crime, lying under oath, but the lie was about sex and I agree with you the "crime" did not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.

Oceander

« Reply #348 on: July 25, 2017, 01:43:48 pm »
@Oceander

"Coup d'etat" a sudden and decisive action in politics, especially one resulting in a change of government illegally or by force.  (dictionary.com)

****slapping ****slapping ****slapping

Impeachment is pretty darn forceful.  Do judges let you get away with this kinda stuff?

Ahhh, so using the Constitution is now illegal eh?   Is the Constitution unconstitutional now?  Or only when needed to protect the Orange God?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #349 on: July 25, 2017, 01:43:56 pm »

@Oceander
BTW I have one God and his son Jesus Christ is my savior.     

Everyone else is imperfect and fallen.   Perhaps you worship other men, I do not.