Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22770 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2017, 03:40:34 pm »
   I developed my Brunette Fetish early in life.

@corbe

Good man.

Silver Pines

« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2017, 03:42:34 pm »
Is there a point that you were trying to make here?

@Sanguine

I believe (though I could be wrong) @Right_in_Virginia was making an indirect reference to crowd size.

Personally I'm not looking for magic in a candidate.  Just uphold the Constitution and otherwise stay out of my life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2017, 03:49:01 pm »
   Not sure when this Thread jumped the Shark, but this is when The Fred Flinstone Cartoon Series did.

This thread hasn't jumped the shark until 3 people get time outs. We are only at 2 so far.

MOD 4 3/4

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2017, 03:50:53 pm »

Personally I'm not looking for magic in a candidate.

I am. Vote Doug Henning '20!

Silver Pines

« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2017, 04:00:07 pm »
I am. Vote Doug Henning '20!

@Frank Cannon

Is he still alive or did he just float away on fairy wings?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2017, 04:05:40 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Died in 2000. He was in Canadian and British politics. (Natural law party)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:10 pm »
Bears repeating. Snowflakes over in the Trump camp cried and received  a safe space during the election season.  Therefore they could avoid  mean people who rightfully questioned Trump's psychological fitness to be  POTUS.   All good I guess, in that way they could live in their realm of denial.

Sigh...

"Snowflakes over in the Trump camp cried and received  a safe space during the election season."

Not true, no matter how many times it is said here.  I know that to be true because I am the first person to bring up having a Trump Caucus Group here, "I" was the person that asked Mystery if we could have one - everyone who was a Mod at the time knows that is true.  It wasn't one of the owners, it was little old me. 

Not so much to have a "safe space" - more like to have a "club" of Trump supporters.  We were excited about our candidate and wanted a place where we could enjoy the camaraderie of meeting with like-minded people.  The reason I asked for it to be a place where Trump Negativity wasn't allowed, was because there was so much Trump negativity flowing through the site that we wanted a positive place to enjoy. 

Mystery was reluctant, the other owner Tracy - was not involved much in the site - so I don't remember her even being there when it was discussed.  She was a Trump supporter, so she was supportive of the idea.  I told Mystery that it wouldn't be a bother or more work for her - once she set it up - that I would mod it so that it would be a Trump positive area. 

To be fair to everyone - Mystery set up a category so that anyone that wanted to - could set up a Caucus for their candidate of choice.  The same rules that our Caucus had.  I remember a Ted Cruz Caucus and one for one of the other candidates......but neither of them took off or lasted for long.  Our Caucus fared better - although at first - I was busy deleting Sinkspur's and a few others constant attempts to post negative posts and images there, knowing it was against our little Caucus club rules.  Kind of like the school bully that throws rocks and otherwise tries to sabotage some kid's club meeting in their treehouse or something......don't know why people are like that, but some are.  "Juvenile" in my book.

I mean, no one was restricted anywhere at TBR to say whatever they wanted about Donald Trump and post all of the negative images they wanted.  Our Caucus wasn't even splashed all over the front page - if I recall - you kind of had to look for it, in some category up-page.  We were not in anyone's face.  You didn't have to go there if you didn't like it. 

But it bothered a lot of people, the name-calling began ...."snowflakes", etc.  All we were doing was minding our own business and lovin' some Trump, just wanted to have our club meeting in peace.  As far as us going on the main site and criticizing other candidates and their supporters.......sure we did - that is what everyone did.  If you wanted a place where your candidate was nurtured and protected - Mystery set one up for you - where we weren't allowed to go and trash your clubhouse either.  Yes, there were incidents of encroachment on both sides and they were quickly taken care of by the Caucus' Mods.  Such is human nature.

Somewhere along the way, Mystery thought I needed some help - and I did.  One person couldn't watch the place all of the time, so she asked RiV to be a Mod too.  I was very happy for the help and I want to express my appreciation to RiV again for being such a great member of our team.  I stayed with the Caucus until Trump's victory and I savored that victory, as any of us would.  I am still a Trump supporter, I believe he loves this country and he won the election in the only way that I think was possible - considering the cheating and media manipulation that was going on.  Trump ran a Reality Show campaign to win in a country that has become a big Reality Show.  You've got to speak to the electorate in the language they understand.  Constitutional treatises are fine for a somewhat small segment of the voters - but the majority's eyes will glaze over.  It just is what it is.  Like it or not, Trump connected with people and he was duly elected.  Thank God.

I don't know why the Trump Caucus bothers some people here - so much that is it still being brought up.  I don't know why the birth status of Ted Cruz is being revived here again....... :shrug:  Aren't there more important matters going on in the world to discuss for pages and pages on end? 

I don't post much here or anywhere else anymore.  So many articles I see discussed are what I catalog as "fake" news.  Un-named sources and "close" friends are not verifiable sources, so until I see some other verification on these articles - I'm not going to waste what's left of my precious life debating them.  Some people just like to "debate" endlessly, I'm not one of them.  I used to love the feeling of camaraderie that I felt here before the 2016 election - not blaming this site specifically - Trump is a polarizing figure, he has changed the political landscape - maybe forever.

But, I'm 61 years old and many times I find myself thanking God that I got to grow up when I did.....the Golden Age of Childhood, the rise of America as the world's superpower and a force for good, the Internet, the Fall of the Berlin Wall - and so many amazing things.  I truly feel sorry for those Millennials and Snowflakes that don't even know what they don't know.  But, I see so much darkness now.....I won't be around to see what it will be like in 30 years to see where this is going and Biblically speaking, I'm not even sure if God fearing people will be around. 

And @corbe mentioned that we Trumpers have other pro-Trump sites to frequent - but we come here to sow discord.  (Clearing throat)  We  were here before Trump was even a blip on the radar.  For many of us - TBR was our home page on the Internet.  We are members.  We know that we are not liked, and frankly - there are those here I do not like.  We still have the right to post here until the owner sees fit to say otherwise, just the same as with everyone else. 

I too, would like to see more civility here and everywhere else, problem seems to be that we inhabit an uncivil society where these types of exchanges are the norm anymore.  Makes this old woman sad to see.  I love my country and I am willing to work with anyone that can save her from the certain death she is facing today.  Trump makes me wince often, I don't understand why he says some things - but it usually ends up OK.  He is wily, but he is not stupid - he is still new to the political swamp - so he is making his way through it in his way.  I'm a pragmatic type in my old age, so I'm willing to give him a chance.  Most of the other players in this theatre are swamp inhabitants - so hiring Trump for the job is a Hail Mary pass for America.  I'm a conservative, and I'm grabbing that big branch with all of my might - to keep from falling down the rest of cliff to certain death.   

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:27 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Reincarnated...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2017, 04:32:03 pm »
If you request a special place within an existing forum where only good things are said about a specific person or subject and any one who is in disagreement has their comments deleted ...then you are indeed a snowflake living in a safe space.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »
Sigh...

"Snowflakes over in the Trump camp cried and received  a safe space during the election season."

Not true, no matter how many times it is said here.

Okay.  Then you say... 

I was busy deleting Sinkspur's and a few others constant attempts to post negative posts and images there, knowing it was against our little Caucus club rules.   

So it was a little safe space for snowflakes.  I guess the part that wasn't true was the crying.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2017, 04:40:14 pm »
Sigh...

Not true, no matter how many times it is said here.  I know that to be true because I am the first person to bring up having a Trump Caucus Group here, "I" was the person that asked Mystery if we could have one - everyone who was a Mod at the time knows that is true.  It wasn't one of the owners, it was little old me. 

Not so much to have a "safe space" - more like to have a "club" of Trump supporters.  We were excited about our candidate and wanted a place where we could enjoy the camaraderie of meeting with like-minded people.  The reason I asked for it to be a place where Trump Negativity wasn't allowed, was because there was so much Trump negativity flowing through the site that we wanted a positive place to enjoy. 

Mystery was reluctant, the other owner Tracy - was not involved much in the site - so I don't remember her even being there when it was discussed.  She was a Trump supporter, so she was supportive of the idea.  I told Mystery that it wouldn't be a bother or more work for her - once she set it up - that I would mod it so that it would be a Trump positive area. 

To be fair to everyone - Mystery set up a category so that anyone that wanted to - could set up a Caucus for their candidate of choice.  The same rules that our Caucus had.  I remember a Ted Cruz Caucus and one for one of the other candidates......but neither of them took off or lasted for long.  Our Caucus fared better - although at first - I was busy deleting Sinkspur's and a few others constant attempts to post negative posts and images there, knowing it was against our little Caucus club rules.  Kind of like the school bully that throws rocks and otherwise tries to sabotage some kid's club meeting in their treehouse or something......don't know why people are like that, but some are.  "Juvenile" in my book.

I mean, no one was restricted anywhere at TBR to say whatever they wanted about Donald Trump and post all of the negative images they wanted.  Our Caucus wasn't even splashed all over the front page - if I recall - you kind of had to look for it, in some category up-page.  We were not in anyone's face.  You didn't have to go there if you didn't like it. 

But it bothered a lot of people, the name-calling began ...."snowflakes", etc.  All we were doing was minding our own business and lovin' some Trump, just wanted to have our club meeting in peace.  As far as us going on the main site and criticizing other candidates and their supporters.......sure we did - that is what everyone did.  If you wanted a place where your candidate was nurtured and protected - Mystery set one up for you - where we weren't allowed to go and trash your clubhouse either.  Yes, there were incidents of encroachment on both sides and they were quickly taken care of by the Caucus' Mods.  Such is human nature.

Somewhere along the way, Mystery thought I needed some help - and I did.  One person couldn't watch the place all of the time, so she asked RiV to be a Mod too.  I was very happy for the help and I want to express my appreciation to RiV again for being such a great member of our team.  I stayed with the Caucus until Trump's victory and I savored that victory, as any of us would.  I am still a Trump supporter, I believe he loves this country and he won the election in the only way that I think was possible - considering the cheating and media manipulation that was going on.  Trump ran a Reality Show campaign to win in a country that has become a big Reality Show.  You've got to speak to the electorate in the language they understand.  Constitutional treatises are fine for a somewhat small segment of the voters - but the majority's eyes will glaze over.  It just is what it is.  Like it or not, Trump connected with people and he was duly elected.  Thank God.

I don't know why the Trump Caucus bothers some people here - so much that is it still being brought up.  I don't know why the birth status of Ted Cruz is being revived here again....... :shrug:  Aren't there more important matters going on in the world to discuss for pages and pages on end? 

I don't post much here or anywhere else anymore.  So many articles I see discussed are what I catalog as "fake" news.  Un-named sources and "close" friends are not verifiable sources, so until I see some other verification on these articles - I'm not going to waste what's left of my precious life debating them.  Some people just like to "debate" endlessly, I'm not one of them.  I used to love the feeling of camaraderie that I felt here before the 2016 election - not blaming this site specifically - Trump is a polarizing figure, he has changed the political landscape - maybe forever.

But, I'm 61 years old and many times I find myself thanking God that I got to grow up when I did.....the Golden Age of Childhood, the rise of America as the world's superpower and a force for good, the Internet, the Fall of the Berlin Wall - and so many amazing things.  I truly feel sorry for those Millennials and Snowflakes that don't even know what they don't know.  But, I see so much darkness now.....I won't be around to see what it will be like in 30 years to see where this is going and Biblically speaking, I'm not even sure if God fearing people will be around. 

And @corbe mentioned that we Trumpers have other pro-Trump sites to frequent - but we come here to sow discord.  (Clearing throat)  We  were here before Trump was even a blip on the radar.  For many of us - TBR was our home page on the Internet.  We are members.  We know that we are not liked, and frankly - there are those here I do not like.  We still have the right to post here until the owner sees fit to say otherwise, just the same as with everyone else. 

I too, would like to see more civility here and everywhere else, problem seems to be that we inhabit an uncivil society where these types of exchanges are the norm anymore.  Makes this old woman sad to see.  I love my country and I am willing to work with anyone that can save her from the certain death she is facing today.  Trump makes me wince often, I don't understand why he says some things - but it usually ends up OK.  He is wily, but he is not stupid - he is still new to the political swamp - so he is making his way through it in his way.  I'm a pragmatic type in my old age, so I'm willing to give him a chance.  Most of the other players in this theatre are swamp inhabitants - so hiring Trump for the job is a Hail Mary pass for America.  I'm a conservative, and I'm grabbing that big branch with all of my might - to keep from falling down the rest of cliff to certain death.   

Thanks for sharing your version of this...which is 90% false.

I am not going into details line by line but your account is blatantly false.

I did not want to do this and was pressured by the other owner by being reminded that TBR was half hers and she wanted it done....that is all the details I will share that was in private conversations with her.

If this is why you and ac have come back to dredge this all up again you will be disappointed.

subject is closed

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2017, 04:42:15 pm »
@catfish1957
Reagan was a lot more experienced in Govt in addition to being a better communicator.  H also had better staff who knew the system and were on his side.     While the Republicans didn't like Reagan I don't remember them being quite this nasty with him.

And I don't recall Reagan being quite this nasty with Republicans.

Trump knows how to get unions to build a building but he doesn't know how the govt operates which makes it easier to trip him up.

Yes.  It was an absolutely foolish idea to put him in that position.  It was obvious how clueless he was, and that he didn't have the temperament to overcome his many faults.

@driftdiver
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:43:11 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Oceander

« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2017, 04:43:01 pm »
And I don't recall Reagan being quite this nasty with Republicans.

Yes.  It was an absolutely foolish idea to put him in that position.  It was obvious how clueless he was, and that he didn't have the temperament to overcome his many faults.

:thumbsup: