Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'  (Read 14623 times)

Oceander

Re: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2017, 05:14:24 pm »
Now even the most strident of NeverTrumpers has to love that response.

/snicker

Yeah, that real estate mogul Trump has sure done a hell of a lot to bring up housing standards in NYC.  Oh wait, no he hasn't; he's used OPM to build luxury apartment skyscrapers and ugly gold encrusted toilets sold to other rich white liberals.  Then he scrapes the vigorish off the top and pretends that he built the whole damned thing from scratch.  Four things that have helped to wreck the NYC housing market - rent control/stabilization, out of control environmental review requirements, out of control historic preservation district rules, and byzantine zoning rules - and Trump hasn't done a damned thing to ameliorate those problems, which principally bedevil housing for real honest working folk, but has instead leveraged those and his incestuous relationships with City Hall to gouge profits.

Yeah, that'll happen.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:15:03 pm by Oceander »

Offline endicom

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »
You don't get it...imagine that.

No matter what they come back with you keep putting the burden back on them

The old way you reference is to court and not say anything for fear of being labeled a racist. 

The Internet bleep routine is just as ineffective.

Being the adult in the room is the best and most effective way to go.

Yeah, just ask President Romney.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2017, 06:27:47 pm »
Yeah, just ask President Romney.

Hell....ask George W Bush and John McCain.

I say rip their heads off and sh*t down their necks.....figuratively, of course.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: NAACP demands Trump apologize to John Lewis
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »
Oh Geez........ever hear "..sticks and stones..."?

It's a freaking word.   What other 'words' will be outlawed next?

I'd love to see Donald Trump bring back the Confederate Flag, and flip them the middle finger for hijacking the language.
I do not disagree with outlawing nothing.  But if we do wish to draw up a dictionary of words not to use as they are 'offensive', why not include some the others use with abandon?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:24:23 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2017, 09:22:41 pm »
I guess Lewis et al can say anything he/they like and when you respond you are slapped with being a racist.

What Trump said was true and I hope he sticks to his guns..
Lewis has been a race-baiting scoundrel ever since he was elected to office. The numbers of nasty, foul things he's said about Republicans can't be counted without a calculator.
Yet the media will follow the usual route when covering a dispute between a black person and a white person in that the black person is always right. That has been the rule since I can remember reading about these types of things for the past fifty years.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2017, 09:39:45 pm »
Lewis has been a race-baiting scoundrel ever since he was elected to office. The numbers of nasty, foul things he's said about Republicans can't be counted without a calculator.
Yet the media will follow the usual route when covering a dispute between a black person and a white person in that the black person is always right. That has been the rule since I can remember reading about these types of things for the past fifty years.
Those days are coming to an end.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2017, 09:54:56 pm »
Those days are coming to an end.

Yes, please. 

Realistically, I fear not for a very long time because Ohaha has set back race relations about 150 years.  I've seen lots of people say 50 years, but I differ...Reconstruction sounds about right.  People who were never slaves (nor their parents) are acting like they were all freed yesterday.  We'll have to relive that 150 years just to get back to where we were pre-Ohaha.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2017, 10:06:51 pm »
I say rip their heads off and sh*t down their necks.....figuratively, of course.   

Which goes to illustrate the fact and reason that people like you will cheer and clamor for a thug dictator rather than a statesman, as long as he is YOUR thug dictator.

In many ways you keep demonstrating that people like you are really no different than the Leftist thugs that wanted their own dictator to harm and punish those they saw as domestic enemies.  The only difference is the egomaniac you have pledged your allegiance to.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2017, 01:04:27 am »
I don't like seeing Trump being held up as representing conservatism, but I do enjoy watching the liberal's heads explode.

:beer: Yep,  Trump is doing things my man Cruz may not have been able to do.

Maybe this will work out well.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2017, 03:11:39 pm »
Yes, please. 

Realistically, I fear not for a very long time because Ohaha has set back race relations about 150 years.  I've seen lots of people say 50 years, but I differ...Reconstruction sounds about right.  People who were never slaves (nor their parents) are acting like they were all freed yesterday.  We'll have to relive that 150 years just to get back to where we were pre-Ohaha.
I think many black acolytes of King Barack really thought he was going to make things right and consfiscate all the wealth of white people and give it to them. Obama certainly would have liked to do that but was somewhat constrained by the rule of law...but not much.
However, now all his black worshippers seeing their main chance to get Evil Whitey's wealth are reacting negatively. And for eight years King Barack egged them on constantly telling them Evil Whitey was responsible for all their problems. Obama got numerous blacks and many cops killed thanks to his evil rhetoric.
And now we are far worse off as far as racial relations than before Obama was prez. Thank you Barack Obama, the worst racial arsonist of all time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2017, 03:20:20 pm »

:beer: Yep,  Trump is doing things my man Cruz may not have been able to do.

Maybe this will work out well.

I now realize that we're in an age where a normal, civilized person grounded in logic will not be allowed to function in the current political environment if he does not hew to the statist ideology.

Clearly Trump will not be allowed to function either, but he is a loose cannon. When all the thrashing about is over maybe he will have done some damage to the progressive cause. I cannot imagine many normal people are enjoying all of the crap the left has pulled to date and we're not even to the inauguration yet.

Offline endicom

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2017, 03:27:19 pm »
...but he is a loose cannon.

I see method in this madness. Every stir of the political pot reveals some unsavory ingredients.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:49 pm »

I see method in this madness. Every stir of the political pot reveals some unsavory ingredients.

And most of those unsavory ingredients are Trump supporters.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »

Do you really expect us to take accusations of our votes not being legitimate lying down?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2017, 04:26:58 pm »
Do you really expect us to take accusations of our votes not being legitimate lying down?

Never said your vote was illegitimate. Now sure where you came up with that.

But if you can show where I made such a claim go ahead.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2017, 04:28:59 pm »
Never said your vote was illegitimate. Now sure where you came up with that.

But if you can show where I made such a claim go ahead.

That's what Lewis implied. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »
That's what Lewis implied.

Yeah well that's not what I was implying.

I was responding to your unsavory ingredients quip.

Lewis is an idiot. Only guy I've ever seen...first hand by the way...turn an MLK rememberence at the Capitol Rotunda into an Obamacare rally.  It was so bad myself and the other soldiers in uniform at the event felt compelled to let our commander know about it because of the rules forbidding US from being in uniform at political rallies.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:33:46 pm by txradioguy »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »
Best response would have been "I look forward as President to working with Mr Lewis to address the many issues that affect his district."

What's he's gonna say...No I don't want your help?

You shut him down and show you're the better person at the same time.

It's not what you say that matters...its how you say it.

I heard Maxine Waters say that even if Trump called her to sit down and talk about how to solve problems, she'd say "no" because he's not the legitimate President.  I think that flows from Lewis' comments as well.   And I think kissing their butts does not nothing but legitimate them, and pretending that their comments are within the realm of political posturing.  They're not.

I'd tweak your "best response" to be ""I look forward as President to working with those members of Congress who accept the results of the election to improve the lives of all citizens of this great country."

If they don't accept you as legitimate, that's a non-starter.  And Waters was even explicit about refusing even to meet with him if asked.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:08 pm »
Yeah well that's not what I was implying.

I was responding to your unsavory ingredients quip.

Lewis is an idiot. Only guy I've ever seen...first hand by the way...turn an MLK rememberence at the Capitol Rotunda into an Obamacare rally.  It was so bad myself and the other soldiers in uniform at the event felt compelled to let our commander know about it because of the rules forbidding US from being in uniform at political rallies.

That wasn't my quip.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2017, 04:39:54 pm »
That wasn't my quip.

My apologies you're correct. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2017, 04:42:38 pm »

**nononono*   

"...Adding to the conversation" again?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2017, 04:43:08 pm »
I heard Maxine Waters say that even if Trump called her to sit down and talk about how to solve problems, she'd say "no" because he's not the legitimate President.  I think that flows from Lewis' comments as well.   And I think kissing their butts does not nothing but legitimate them, and pretending that their comments are within the realm of political posturing.  They're not.

I'd tweak your "best response" to be ""I look forward as President to working with those members of Congress who accept the results of the election to improve the lives of all citizens of this great country."

If they don't accept you as legitimate, that's a non-starter.  And Waters was even explicit about refusing even to meet with him if asked.

Nah he doesn't need to kiss their ass I agree there. But he does need to make them look like the ones unwilling to compromise and make the people in their districts know it.   And there are ways to do that...but it involves more than 140 characters LOL.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2017, 04:43:42 pm »

Nah -- some of them are.  But the way this has brought the true evil of the left to the surface is amazing.  People saying the election is not legitimate, calling for martial law, bullying anyone who does business with Trump supporters, threatening people who want to perform at the inauguration, privileged Hollywood elites whining and berating Middle America, while issuing whiny videos that are almost a self-parody...these are the kinds of things that really alienate/turn off ordinary Americans.   It highlights the core leftist belief that they have the right to power -- regardless of what other citizens think, or for whom they vote.  They are fundamentally undemocratic.

Look at it this way -- how many times have you read on this site someone saying "I don't like Trump and didn't support him, but the way the left is reacting is forcing me to come to his defense?"  That's become almost a common refrain.

I personally was a reluctant Trump supporter, but this election has highlighted how close we were to losing our status as a representative Republic.  4/8 more years of the left -- which is what we'd have gotten under Hillary -- would have given them a vise grip on the Supreme Court, and I truly think they would not have let go of power peacefully after that.  I wouldn't have believed that before this election, but I do now.

We were closer to the abyss than we've been perhaps ever, and as much as Trump himself makes me cringe, I am very thankful he came along to point it out.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2017, 04:45:36 pm »
**nononono*   

"...Adding to the conversation" again?

I proved my point to you before Christmas that I'm more than capable of intelligently debating an issue after you issued me that challenge and shut you up on that particular subject.

Right now I'm simply stepping down to your level so you understand what I'm saying.

You know...small words and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:46:10 pm by txradioguy »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2017, 04:48:36 pm »
Nah -- some of them are.   

Which is a tiny percentage of the unsavory characters on the Left.