Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'  (Read 14625 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2017, 03:01:13 pm »

Agree 100%. I actually voted for him, so it would be nice for him to succeed, but my expectations are low. Hopefully I'm wrong.

WTF, I completely understand why you, and those like you, voted for Trump. If a civil rights leader like Charles Evers can publicly voice support for Trump, then I'll say you were in good company.

http://wjtv.com/2016/11/09/civil-rights-icon-charles-evers-supports-trumps-win/

“Trump is going to bring us together,” he said. “He’s going to bring some jobs. He’s going to stop all of our jobs leaving and going to Mexico. He’s going to keep them here. And he is going to stop all those people coming in from other countries for us to take care of them unless they come legally.”
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2017, 03:03:43 pm »

Agree 100%. I actually voted for him, so it would be nice for him to succeed, but my expectations are low. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Phhhhtt!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2017, 03:12:02 pm »
Phhhhtt!    :whistle:

The Struggle is real...  I failed before sun up!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2017, 03:17:05 pm »

The Struggle is real...  I failed before sun up!

:laugh:   

Have no problem with anti-Trumpers in general.   

It's with people who can't stake a consistent, true (at least to themselves) position because of their dying need to be liked.   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:17:44 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2017, 03:29:09 pm »
:laugh:   

Have no problem with anti-Trumpers in general.   

It's with people who can't stake a consistent, true (at least to themselves) position because of their dying need to be liked.

I cannot stand idiots that take a dogmatic stand on an individual because their minds cannot understand nuance.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2017, 03:31:42 pm »

I cannot stand idiots that take a dogmatic stand on an individual because their minds cannot understand nuance.

Bless your heart.     :seeya:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2017, 04:19:08 pm »
Bless your heart.     :seeya:

@Weird Tolkienish Figure here is Exhibit A of what you're talking about.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2017, 04:42:19 pm »
That's my view.   I hope I'm wrong, but his obsessiveness and failure to listen to counsel will, I'm afraid, be his undoing.

It's too early yet to know whether or not he will listen to counsel, and to what extent.  Some of his cabinet picks are simply outstanding.  I'm looking forward to the inauguration not because I care about ceremony -- I don't -- but because I want this endless speculation about what everything thinks he is going to do replaced by commentary on what he actually does.

One very important thing that has been put on the back burner for now is his Supreme Court nominee.  It only makes sense -- the nominee would be unlikely to be seated in time for this term anyway, and better to get the cabinet fights over with first before moving on to something else.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2017, 04:53:59 pm »
It's too early yet to know whether or not he will listen to counsel, and to what extent.  Some of his cabinet picks are simply outstanding.  I'm looking forward to the inauguration not because I care about ceremony -- I don't -- but because I want this endless speculation about what everything thinks he is going to do replaced by commentary on what he actually does.

One very important thing that has been put on the back burner for now is his Supreme Court nominee.  It only makes sense -- the nominee would be unlikely to be seated in time for this term anyway, and better to get the cabinet fights over with first before moving on to something else.

Do you expect Trump to leave that 9th seat open for 4 years??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:47 pm »
Do you expect Trump to leave that 9th seat open for 4 years??

I think he is talking about the current SCOTUS term rather than his term.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2017, 05:29:08 pm »

That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:10 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure here is Exhibit A of what you're talking about.

Yes....yes he is.    So glad you agree with me...even though it's your poor sentence structure making it so.      :whistle:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2017, 05:40:17 pm »

Yeah cause it's going to take until at least the start of the next term in October to get a new justice seated.

They couldn't seat one in the middle of a term IIRC.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2017, 05:40:50 pm »
Yes....yes he is.    So glad you agree with me...even though it's your poor sentence structure making it so.      :whistle:

Yeah sure.  **nononono*