Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'  (Read 14714 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2017, 06:21:11 pm »
That's what I 'like' about you, @txradioguy

You demonstrate that you expect to be able to insult at will, but when somebody kicks you in the nutz...you get all wimpy.

Wimpy is hitting the alert button after goading someone into insulting you.

Sorry going Wimpy is your tactic...not mine.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »
Wimpy is hitting the alert button after goading someone into insulting you.

Sorry going Wimpy is your tactic...not mine.

Sorry, buddy....but I've NEVER used the "alert" button in the 19+ years on TOS or any other forum I've had the pleasure in which to be a part.

I'm a big boy and take care of myself.

How about you?     :whistle:   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2017, 06:55:38 pm »
Reagan. Cruz and a few others like Mike Lee aren't afraid to point it out.

Reagan - That's why I said 1987.  After that point, Reagan was muzzled a bit by Iran-Contra.

Guys like Cruz and Lee are why I mentioned "Presidential-level", meaning either a nominee or a guy who actually won.  Because it's not until you get to that point that the prospect of alienating swing voters really matters.  Cruz and Lee -- not coincidentally -- are both from strongly red states where they only have to appeal to a like-thinking subsection of the national electorate to win.  Cruz probably would have done it if he'd been nominated, but he wasn't.  So I think it's still fair to limit it to Trump since 1987.

But those points aside, I think the general point that the vast majority of elected Republicans are unwilling to be blunt about those on the left still holds true.  Guys like Trump, Cruz, and Lee are rare in that respect.  And I know Trump isn't a real conservative like the other two -- but he is anti-PC/anti-leftist.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2017, 07:00:28 pm »
Reagan - That's why I said 1987.  After that point, Reagan was muzzled a bit by Iran-Contra.

Guys like Cruz and Lee are why I mentioned "Presidential-level", meaning either a nominee or a guy who actually won.  Because it's not until you get to that point that the prospect of alienating swing voters really matters.  Cruz and Lee -- not coincidentally -- are both from strongly red states where they only have to appeal to a like-thinking subsection of the national electorate to win.  Cruz probably would have done it if he'd been nominated, but he wasn't.  So I think it's still fair to limit it to Trump since 1987.

But those points aside, I think the general point that the vast majority of elected Republicans are unwilling to be blunt about those on the left still holds true.  Guys like Trump, Cruz, and Lee are rare in that respect.  And I know Trump isn't a real conservative like the other two -- but he is anti-PC/anti-leftist.

@Maj. Bill Martin

You overlooked the fact that we're, at this time in our history, a celebrity, ala...American Idol electorate.

Like or not, the Left raised Hillary Clinton to that status.   It was their 'ace-of-trump'...pun intended.

It took a global recognized name/celebrity to win.   No way Cruz could have survived the savagry of the media.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2017, 07:02:16 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

You overlooked the fact that we're, at this time in our history, a celebrity, ala...American Idol electorate.

Like or not, the Left raised Hillary Clinton to that status.   It was their 'ace-of-trump'...pun intended.

It took a global recognized name/celebrity to win.   No way Cruz could have survived the savagry of the media.

I'm not sure he would have won either, but that really wasn't my point.  I was simply giving Cruz his due for being someone not intimidated by the left.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2017, 07:48:40 pm »
I agree.  But I don't think it is inevitable that the bubble goes up.  What's happening right now is that a lot of gas is being let out of the leftist bag -- I think they've alienated a lot of people whom might have leant them at least tacit support.

They might have alienated middle America but a majority of the population on both coasts and the big Democrat Cities are more committed to the radical Left cause than even when His Heinous took the throne in 2009.

I'm not even counting all the "immigrants" he put here from the Middle East and the invasion from South American Squatters.

In terms of population - the 'alienated' are a minority, even though we hold an overwhelming greater percentage of the square footage in the country.

It is possible that the hard left fringe will continue to discredit itself to the point where they'll build a majority on the other side. 

Are you kidding me?  The indoctrination of kids in the publik screwel system believe their parents are intolerant privileged racists and that Obama is god.  The older than 40 crowd that voted Democrat for their whole lives might be waking up, but the younger generations WANT the kind of radical Communism that the rest of us reject.  Because the Left has played to the base human nature of envy, jealousy and vengeance - and taught them that this is what you use the government for.

People don't like cops being ambushed, etc..  While there might be some leftist-initiated violence, the fact that their extremist views are a comparatively a small minority, and they won't control either the police or the military, will dampen their ability to cause major damage.

Such efforts will undoubtedly cause an overreaching crackdown or a hoped-for response from the targets of the population they have demonized for decades.   A violent reaction does two things: it kills liberty as more restrictions are imposed to make us all 'safe' and it initiates further resentment to swell the ranks of the 'disaffected'.  The Left knows and understands this, because they are governed by end justifies the means.

We are never going back to what we were growing up as a society.  The Left will not permit it, and the overwhelming majority of the population and the culture does not want it either.

Empty churches are my proof with a total change in the fundamental morality that once governed society being seen as an evil by the majority.

Modern American society is too interconnected in terms of transportation of foodstuffs, fuel, and other essentials, the transmission of life-sustaining electricity, etc., for the vast majority of people to support violence on that level. 

Exactly.  Any effort to resist a big central government tyranny would never be supported by the people when shelves are bare and the comforts we are accustomed are not easily available.  It will be easy for any demagogue to blame those resisting tyranny or causing mayhem for the shortages and empty shelves, and this people will applaud an iron fist being used and kept on tap to ensure the shelves are full.  This works to the advantage of the Statist, be they Communist or Fascist.  Liberty still dies.  To thunderous applause.

We also are completely intermingled -- there really isn't aren't any national geographic lines that can be draw that would place overwhelming support for one POV over the other -- cities are found in every state, and they tend to be leftist. 

Robspierre proved that theory wrong. All one has to do is pander to base human nature of envy and vengeance and people will gladly turn in their neighbors for 'justice'.  ESPECIALLY over matters economic.  You know - "those eeeviiiil rich people". 

If we got to the point of significant violence, it is far more likely to be small-scale guerilla or terrorist in nature.  Either from the right or the left.

Which engenders the aforementioned iron fist, which will be applauded by the masses and the Statist gets a while new paradigm of power and control they did not enjoy beforehand.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2017, 08:42:42 pm »
Are you kidding me?  The indoctrination of kids in the publik screwel system believe their parents are intolerant privileged racists and that Obama is god.

I can't quite understand the syntax here, but while some kids believe that, a great many do not.

The older than 40 crowd that voted Democrat for their whole lives might be waking up, but the younger generations WANT the kind of radical Communism that the rest of us reject.  Because the Left has played to the base human nature of envy, jealousy and vengeance - and taught them that this is what you use the government for.

Again, I think you're generalizing based on the media coverage of kids who think like that.  There are tons who think it is ridiculous as well, but don't rock the boat because it's not worth the hassle.  But I've got kids that age, they have friends that age, and they mock it.  To the extent it does exist, it is in girls, in particular..  And in terms of being there if it comes to blows...the last thing that will fight is a pampered white teenage girl.  Great for Twitter campaigns, though.

To be honest, I think you actually want a civil war/conflagration because you think that's the only way things can be fixed.  That's why you're so doom and gloom on anything relating to the political process.  You're trying to convince the rest of us that it is all hopeless and we might as well pick up guns now.

I'd ask you to consider this -- one of the biggest problems with the left is the demonization of masculinity, and pussification of the country.  And the bright side is that is that such people simply don't truly fight.  Conservatives, and those who hold traditional values including masculinity, do.  Plus, we have the guns.

Robespierre proved that theory wrong. All one has to do is pander to base human nature of envy and vengeance and people will gladly turn in their neighbors for 'justice'.  ESPECIALLY over matters economic.  You know - "those eeeviiiil rich people".

You're misinterpreting my point.  Things won't get to the kind of desperation Robespierre harnessed unless/until there is a civil war.  At least, not for the foreseeable future.

Which engenders the aforementioned iron fist, which will be applauded by the masses and the Statist gets a while new paradigm of power and control they did not enjoy beforehand.

The vast majority of the left doesn't have the guts for an iron fist.  The sole hope for them in that regard are to try to harness minorities, but that's also they're weak spot.  The natural enemies of the feminized, elitist left are the angry minorities.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2017, 08:50:29 pm »

I knew exactly what you were talking about when you used the three words, "To Thunderous Applause."  In my pea sized brain that has only one meaning, when expanded.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2017, 09:38:29 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

No way Cruz could have survived the savagry of the media.
@DCPatriot

And there is the nub of the STRONG disagreement between you and I!  I do not believe that for a second! In fact it is TOTAL BS!

The fact that you live in Mary land has completely clouded your vision.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:41:36 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2017, 09:42:03 pm »
@DCPatriot

And there is the nub of the STRONG disagreement between you and I!  I do not believe that for a second! In fact it is TOTAL BS!

I have a ton of respect for Ted Cruz, @Bigun

But seeing as how the media and the GOP establishment dealt with him on that filibuster, etc. ??

He was TOAST!

This election season called for brash....punch-in-the mouth style...in order to appeal to the Blue Dogs that crossed over.

But I'm always willing to work with you.    :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:46 pm »

But seeing as how the media and the GOP establishment dealt with him on that filibuster, etc. ??

He was TOAST!

This election season called for brash....punch-in-the mouth style...in order to appeal to the Blue Dogs that crossed over.

I will continue to completely disagree with that but realize also that at this point we ARE going to need each other!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »

He was TOAST!

This is pure unadulterated BS!  @DCPatriot Sen. Cruz was the darling of the Conservative movement and Press.  Only DC established RINO's wanted revenge.

The blue dogs crossed over in the primaries mainly because hellary told them she wanted to run against Trump.  It worked.

As will I.  Before summer we will all be wondering why Cruz wasn't elected because the Trumpsters will have moved on to an even bigger butt than the kardasians, claiming they all voted for Cruz.

ppphhhhtttt
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:01:16 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2017, 10:05:05 pm »

This is pure unadulterated BS!  @DCPatriot Sen. Cruz was the darling of the Conservative movement and Press.  Only DC established RINO's wanted revenge.

The blue dogs crossed over in the primaries mainly because hellary told them she wanted to run against Trump.  It worked.

As will I.  Before summer we will all be wondering why Cruz wasn't elected because the Trumpsters will have moved on to an even bigger butt than the kardasians, claiming they all voted for Cruz.

ppphhhhtttt

Not speaking about the establishment trying to "work with him".....I'm speaking about his lack of broad appeal to the electorate.

You continuously overestimate 'your' Conservatives, in both size and especially in influence.

My God.....have you been paying attention??    It wasn't "Conservatives" that carried Trump over the finish line.

Oceander

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2017, 10:07:32 pm »
Trump's legitimate; he's just dumb as a rock. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »
I will continue to completely disagree with that but realize also that at this point we ARE going to need each other!  :beer:

Right you are!  We conservatives just aren't enough to get the job done, so we have to team up with folks who aren't conservatives.  I'm OK with that, it's leftists who can't get along with anybody outside the herd.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2017, 10:41:08 pm »
Trump's legitimate; he's just dumb as a rock.

888high58888

And if we aren't careful we will get a bunch of crapola that no one wants yet again!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2017, 10:44:11 pm »
Right you are!  We conservatives just aren't enough to get the job done, so we have to team up with folks who aren't conservatives.  I'm OK with that, it's leftists who can't get along with anybody outside the herd.

That's absolutely right, @Cyber Liberty

Although I'm not fond of your implication that I'm not "Conservative".   22222frying pan

I'm 'AKC' pedigree, registered Conservative.   

It's just that I realize that sometimes you have to sign a superstar phenom to win the brass ring.   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2017, 10:46:35 pm »
888high58888

And if we aren't careful we will get a bunch of crapola that no one wants yet again!

Well....all indications are that the GOP House and Senate will at least put up some resemblance of interference if he leans left-of-center.

At least that's 'something'.   ^-^

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2017, 10:49:51 pm »
Well....all indications are that the GOP House and Senate will at least put up some resemblance of interference if he leans left-of-center.

At least that's 'something'.   ^-^

Sure they will! Just like they resisted all the crap Obama piled on us!  :whistle:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2017, 11:05:41 pm »
Sure they will! Just like they resisted all the crap Obama piled on us!  :whistle:

Opposing Trump won't bring charges of "RACIST!!" ....which intimidated everybody.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2017, 11:22:21 pm »
That's absolutely right, @Cyber Liberty

Although I'm not fond of your implication that I'm not "Conservative".   22222frying pan

I'll take my licks for that, DCPat.   :beer:

Just goes to show that nobody can go around stuffing people into cubbyholes.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2017, 11:25:14 pm »
Opposing Trump won't bring charges of "RACIST!!" ....which intimidated everybody.

@DCPatriot is correct about this, @Bigun .  There is no risk to the House and Senate crossing Trump as there was with Obumbler.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2017, 11:32:53 pm »
I can't quite understand the syntax here, but while some kids believe that, a great many do not.

Perhaps not those in the circles of interaction you run, but the fundamentally transformed cultural ideology embodied in Obama and the Left is quite larger than you assume.

To be honest, I think you actually want a civil war/conflagration because you think that's the only way things can be fixed. 

Why do you people assume that?  If that is what I wanted, I would have joined the Trump train a long time ago. 

I'm not interested in 'payback' or revenge. That's what the BLM/Marxist agitators and the Trump militant want.  I'm simply warning where all of this goes based on human nature and history - because to avoid where we are inexorably going, will require this nation to do that which few to none are even interested in entertaining - much less tolerate being expressed.

I lived in the midst of wholesale suffering/starvation/persecution and abuse.  I've seen it up close.    We soft Americans will not endure such things and such things are the LAST THING I would hope or wish for given my own lesson on what I could handle and what I could not.

We're not able to handle the kind of things a civil conflagration will cause - neither do we have the stomach to fight for anything except whatever entitlements we think we are owed.  Your assumption is dead off.

That's why you're so doom and gloom on anything relating to the political process.  You're trying to convince the rest of us that it is all hopeless and we might as well pick up guns now.

A wicked and debased people who have by and large thrown out the morality and religion that was the bedrock of liberty in this country, are not capable of freedom - to paraphrase Franklin.  The remedy to what ails us is not via political means or solved in armed conflict.  Neither of them will restore our heritage.   The real solution has been ridiculed and largely dismissed by a majority - so any hope for a political or military solution to where we are going with a favorable outcome for liberty is non existent.  You can argue with me on that point all you like.  We have no capability to restore what we have willingly surrendered without national repentance and revival followed by the hardship of wresting our liberties from tyrants whom will not allow them to be restored without a fight.

I'd ask you to consider this -- one of the biggest problems with the left is the demonization of masculinity, and pussification of the country.  And the bright side is that is that such people simply don't truly fight.  Conservatives, and those who hold traditional values including masculinity, do.  Plus, we have the guns.

I remain unimpressed and unconvinced.

A people who allowed their faith to be restricted, limited from free exercise and removed from the public square without nary a whimper - are not a people who are going to do a thing, even when and if they come for the guns.  Case-In-point:

If Conservatives would not fight to keep God's Commandments in the public square or to resist efforts to force them to embrace behaviors anathema to scripture, then what will they fight for?  The free flow of booze and cable TV and free healthcare for everyone simply because Trump now offers it?

The vast majority of the left doesn't have the guts for an iron fist. 

You're not listening to them then.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2017, 12:13:54 am »
@DCPatriot is correct about this, @Bigun .  There is no risk to the House and Senate crossing Trump as there was with Obumbler.

@DCPatriot @Cyber Liberty

Except for the fact that Trump is allegedly a member of their own party that is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2017, 12:19:09 am »
@DCPatriot @Cyber Liberty

Except for the fact that Trump is allegedly a member of their own party that is!

I love it when a plan comes together.
I will NOT comply.