Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'  (Read 14624 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 04:14:04 pm »
So did the Russians also hack the Senate, House and Governorship elections too?

Denial runs deep in the idiots.

That's a great point.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 05:37:09 pm »
I've been saying that for quite a while:  I don't like Trump at all for this job, but before it's over I'm going to be forced to defend him.
I don't like seeing Trump being held up as representing conservatism, but I do enjoy watching the liberal's heads explode.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 05:45:27 pm »
I don't like seeing Trump being held up as representing conservatism, but I do enjoy watching the liberal's heads explode.

It has its upsides.  I can cheer when he does something I like without all the emotional investment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2017, 05:52:13 pm »

Who, on the forum, holds up Trump "...as representing conservatism"?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2017, 05:56:02 pm »
Did he vote to accept the electoral college results?

I don't think it's voted upon.  I suppose he could have refused to be present during the joint session the EC vote was certified by Biteme.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2017, 06:01:37 pm »
Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'

That's fine.

I don't consider Lewis to be a legitimate legislator or an honorable Congressman either.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2017, 06:03:20 pm »
That's fine.

I don't consider Lewis to be a legitimate legislator or an honorable Congressman either.

I did enjoy watching him and the other Rats sitting on the floor last session....
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2017, 06:36:41 pm »
I did enjoy watching him and the other Rats sitting on the floor last session....
One reason among many that he is not a legitimate legislator.

He's a toddler always throwing a tantrum and pandering to his fellow racists in the CBC.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:37:29 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »

Did the Bushes "represent conservatism"?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 06:49:47 pm »
And of course, Trump wasn't going to take that without a response.

Trump goes after civil-rights icon on Twitter
http://nypost.com/2017/01/14/trump-goes-after-civil-rights-icon-on-twitter/

"Civil rights icon" my foot.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 07:07:23 pm »
One reason among many that he is not a legitimate legislator.

He's a toddler always throwing a tantrum and pandering to his fellow racists in the CBC.

I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 07:53:11 pm »

"So did the Russians also hack the Senate, House and Governorship elections too?

Denial runs deep in the idiots."

That's a great point.

A local AM talk jock observed, after the initial wave of "Angry White Men" (IE racists) stole the election from HRC:

"So your vote counts less because you're angry?"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:55:21 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 08:03:43 pm »
You have to credit Trump for bringing out the worst in Liberals for the rest of the world to see.   He is shining the light on these cockroaches like no other Republican could.

Got that right.

They're obsessed with grilling Trump's nominees on gay marriage and global warming.

Vicious and pathetic.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-grill-trump-nominees-on-gay-marriage-again-and-again-and-again/article/2611733#!

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/cia-director-nominee-i-prefer-not-get-details-climate-debate-and-science

They're still trying to sell us global warming as the cause of Islamist terrorism.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:04:04 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 08:34:52 pm »
Got that right.

They're obsessed with grilling Trump's nominees on gay marriage and global warming.

Vicious and pathetic.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-grill-trump-nominees-on-gay-marriage-again-and-again-and-again/article/2611733#!

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/cia-director-nominee-i-prefer-not-get-details-climate-debate-and-science

They're still trying to sell us global warming as the cause of Islamist terrorism.

It hurts them more than it hurts us.
I will NOT comply.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 08:39:29 pm »
It hurts them more than it hurts us.

They don't even qualify as a political party.

They're a Disorganized Crime Family.

They need to go the way of the Whigs, and the sooner the better.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2017, 09:20:57 pm »
That's a great point.

I read that GOP downtickets actually got more votes than Trump did.

Offline starstruck

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 09:50:12 pm »
Who, on the forum, holds up Trump "...as representing conservatism"?   :shrug:
Where did you see the word "forum" in my post? Is there some invisible font that I'm not aware of?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline starstruck

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2017, 09:57:15 pm »
Did the Bushes "represent conservatism"?
No. The Bushes weren't conservative either.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2017, 10:01:12 pm »
No. The Bushes weren't conservative either.

Maybe it's high time we do away with this notion that there will ever be the "perfect conservative" in the White House.  All I know is, Trump is a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 10:12:49 pm »
Where did you see the word "forum" in my post? Is there some invisible font that I'm not aware of?

So...be a smarta$$.

you posted:

I don't like seeing Trump being held up as representing conservatism...

So....who exactly claims that Trump represents Conservatism?  Anywhere?

It's no Trump supporter here....that's for sure.   We accept him as the necessary agent to save this increasingly ignorant populace who seem to love Socialsim.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline starstruck

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 10:18:32 pm »
Maybe it's high time we do away with this notion that there will ever be the "perfect conservative" in the White House.  All I know is, Trump is a hell of a lot better than the alternative.
If the alternative is Hillary we are in agreement. Other than that the "hell of a lot better" doesn't wash.

Offline starstruck

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:57 pm »
So...be a smarta$$.

you posted:

It's no Trump supporter here....that's for sure.   We accept him as the necessary agent to save this increasingly ignorant populace who seem to love Socialsim.
The media. The left. The people who influence what the "increasingly ignorant populace" think is conservative.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2017, 10:46:00 pm »

No one's asking for perfect.  Just conservative would do.  I'm tired of settling.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »
Did he vote to accept the electoral college results?
As much as I could ascertain, Congress met jointly not to vote upon but to hear objections to Electoral College results.  Biden was emceeing, and after all the formalities, he swatted down objections from fellow Democrats and certified the votes on behalf of Congress.

Interestingly, the article said only about 7 Democrat Senators even bothered to show up.  And Funny enough, Sheila Jackson Lee kept interrupting the process enough that Biden even had her microphone turned off while she was speaking.  The blowhard likely did not care, as she had a camera on her and a mike and was talking, that's all she needed.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-election-made-official-scattered-objections
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2017, 11:16:51 pm »
So...be a smarta$$.

you posted:

Oh BS. There are plenty of Trump supporters here telling us how conservative Trump is and that he's the next "Reagan" etc. Tom Sea tells us often that Trump is more conservative than Reagan...