Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'  (Read 14622 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Rep. John Lewis: Trump isn't a 'legitimate president'
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2017, 11:22:13 pm »
Oh BS. There are plenty of Trump supporters here telling us how conservative Trump is and that he's the next "Reagan" etc. Tom Sea tells us often that Trump is more conservative than Reagan...

You think that this country that elected Obama Twice, was suddenly going to vote for a Reagan Conservative?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NAACP demands Trump apologize to John Lewis
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 11:34:41 pm »
NAACP demands Trump apologize to John Lewis
By Brooke Seipel - 01/14/17 05:44 PM EST

NAACP President Cornell William Brooks is calling on Donald Trump to apologize to Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) after the president-elect sent tweets attacking the civil rights icon on Saturday.

“By disrespecting John Lewis, Donald Trump dishonored Lewis' sacrifice & demeaned Americans & the rights, he nearly died (for). Apologize,” Brooks tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/314369-naacp-demands-trump-apologize-to-john-lewis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: NAACP demands Trump apologize to John Lewis
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
Trump to NAACP.."NUTS!"

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 11:35:38 pm »
You think that this country that elected Obama Twice, was suddenly going to vote for a Reagan Conservative?

Nobody voted for Trump based upon his Conservative credentials.

We voted for him for his Capitalist tendencies and his business/profit DNA credentials.  For his love of the military and the blue-collar American whose been savaged for the past...going on a decade...by sinister, anti-American traitors.

He's my age...he's got the same kind of love for what the Founders gave us as I hold dear.

That's more than enough for me.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2017, 11:35:41 pm »
Poop in one hand demand in another. 

See which one fills up faster.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2017, 11:37:17 pm »
I expect to read a Trump tweet tomorrow morning.....

"I got your John Lewis apology.   RIGHT HERE!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2017, 11:39:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/314366-brazile-rallies-dems-with-denunciation-of-trumps-attack-on-lewis

Brazile rallies Dems with denunciation of Trump's attack on John Lewis
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2017, 11:41:15 pm »
I expect to read a Trump tweet tomorrow morning.....

"I got your John Lewis apology.   RIGHT HERE!"

I guess Lewis et al can say anything he/they like and when you respond you are slapped with being a racist.

What Trump said was true and I hope he sticks to his guns..
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2017, 11:45:10 pm »
Lewis basically said that my vote for Trump was not legitimate.

Sorry, I'm not going to take that accusation lying down,  and neither should Trump.

Offline beandog

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2017, 12:05:48 am »
The one thing I like about the Donald is he doesn't bow to these racists.  I hope he doesn't disappoint me this time.

Offline DB

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2017, 12:15:37 am »

We'll never know. But that has little to do with what I was responding to.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 01:03:46 am »
Unfortunately for this old fraud, it doesn't matter what he thinks about Trump. He, Obama and the rest of his Commie pals ran their party so deep into the ground they don't have an ounce of worthwhile power.
:beer: For some reason Dems and libs think that somebody doing something heroic in the past allows them to act the rest of their lives like an anti-American jackass...i.e. John Lewis.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:20 am »
True, Trump defeated Hillary.  He also defeated Cruz ... we came damn close to actually seating a conservative in the oval office. Ironically, Cruz seems to be the one person right now defending Trump. 

No, our future isn't assured. No one knows actually what Trump is going to do and I fear that Putin is going to test the waters sooner rather than later.  The fact that the left is asking the CIA to intervene with Trump's presidency is outrageous.  The insanity from the left needs to stop and with fake news floating around who in the heck really knows what's going on.
Yes, that's one huge problem with Trump....he's not a conservative. In four or eight years he'll be gone. He might accomplish some good things, but it's for sure he won't advance conservatism. The country has to be persuaded to follow the right course. Trump will not do that, in fact it looks like he'll do some very unconservative things. And there are no Trumps on the horizon for his nationalist workers. we'll be back where we started.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:48 am »
Yes, that's one huge problem with Trump....he's not a conservative. In four or eight years he'll be gone. He might accomplish some good things, but it's for sure he won't advance conservatism. The country has to be persuaded to follow the right course. Trump will not do that, in fact it looks like he'll do some very unconservative things. And there are no Trumps on the horizon for his nationalist workers. we'll be back where we started.

Take a look at Drudge's headline right now.....

Seems Thiel, the Silicon Valley billionaire has his sights on the Governor's House in California.

If he could save California...he could mirror Reagan to a degree.

Offline corbe

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2017, 02:29:57 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2017, 02:52:32 am »
http://thehill.com/homenews/314366-brazile-rallies-dems-with-denunciation-of-trumps-attack-on-lewis

Brazile rallies Dems with denunciation of Trump's attack on John Lewis

Whenever I see Brazile's name now, I think of this incident:

Interim DNC chairman Donna Brazile, the first black woman to hold the position, was singled out by Hillary during the rant.   She screamed at Donna, “I’m so sick of your face.   You stare at the wall like a brain dead buffalo, while letting that f – – – ing Lauer get away with this.   What are you good for, really?   Get the f – – – to work  janitoring this mess – do I make myself clear?”

Offline endicom

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2017, 03:00:45 am »
The one thing I like about the Donald is he doesn't bow to these racists.  I hope he doesn't disappoint me this time.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Congressman John Lewis should finally focus on the burning and crime infested inner-cities of the U.S. I can use all the help I can get!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2017, 03:16:39 am »

Congressman John Lewis should finally focus on the burning and crime infested inner-cities of the U.S. I can use all the help I can get!

Now even the most strident of NeverTrumpers has to love that response.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2017, 03:29:51 am »
Now even the most strident of NeverTrumpers has to love that response.

Hell....you'd be surprised, @dfwgator !   :whistle:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2017, 03:54:20 pm »
And that is what some need to begin doing.  Calling a racist to his face.  Blacks do not think they are capable of being a racist - that label is only for whites.

I'd like to see the word 'racist' listed as a hate crime.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:54:44 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2017, 04:02:19 pm »
And that is what some need to begin doing.  Calling a racist to his face.  Blacks do not think they are capable of being a racist - that label is only for whites.

I'd like to see the word 'racist' listed as a hate crime.

Oh Geez........ever hear "..sticks and stones..."?

It's a freaking word.   What other 'words' will be outlawed next?

I'd love to see Donald Trump bring back the Confederate Flag, and flip them the middle finger for hijacking the language.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »

That is the positively the best response I can imagine him making.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2017, 04:50:12 pm »
Best response would have been "I look forward as President to working with Mr Lewis to address the many issues that affect his district."

What's he's gonna say...No I don't want your help?

You shut him down and show you're the better person at the same time.

It's not what you say that matters...its how you say it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:51:13 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline endicom

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2017, 05:04:43 pm »
Best response would have been "I look forward as President to working with Mr Lewis to address the many issues that affect his district."

That wouldn't work as it wouldn't challenge Lewis but instead have him see Trump as being on the ropes. Do you think that Lewis would suddenly become reasonable?

What's he's gonna say...No I don't want your help?

What he would say is all the same old demands.

You shut him down and show you're the better person at the same time.

It's not what you say that matters...its how you say it.

Being the same old Republican dork would shut Lewis down? Why would it work this time?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2017, 05:07:16 pm »
That wouldn't work as it wouldn't challenge Lewis but instead have him see Trump as being on the ropes. Do you think that Lewis would suddenly become reasonable?

What he would say is all the same old demands.

Being the same old Republican dork would shut Lewis down? Why would it work this time?

You don't get it...imagine that.

No matter what they come back with you keep putting the burden back on them

The old way you reference is to court and not say anything for fear of being labeled a racist. 

The Internet bleep routine is just as ineffective.

Being the adult in the room is the best and most effective way to go.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:12:17 pm by txradioguy »