Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 53070 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #400 on: November 08, 2016, 01:46:54 am »
When you tell a child 'don't touch the cookie" and the kid sticks his hand in the jar anyway, do you let him have the cookie?

No. You take it away to not reward his behavior. Likewise, the GOP was told NO by conservatives and they nominated a liberal anyway. Conservatives are not going to reward their behavior by giving them what they want.

The child learns from a slap on the hand, the Trumpist GOP will learn eventually that when conservatives tell you no, that we will not be there to give you what you want. If that pain is great, so be it.

Here's the trouble I have with that reasoning.  The GOP was told, in no uncertain terms, that Romney was a terrible candidate and as a result he lost.  The cookie was withheld.  Yet, the GOP decided Romney wasn't terrible enough and we got Trump.

The GOP didn't learn the lesson, even though it was given twice in a row!  They always learn the wrong lesson because it would mean they have to give up some of their splendor, maybe even their sinecures.  Now, I don't proclaim to know how tomorrow is going to turn out, but if Trump loses I'll bet you a hundred bucks right here the GOP will learn the wrong lesson from it.  The trouble is, you would never touch that bet.  Probably nobody here would. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #401 on: November 08, 2016, 01:46:55 am »
As I do you. Believe it our not, what torqued me off was Norms characterization of people like me as having abandoned my principles, making me a 'bad' conservative.

Its characteristic of this entire election season. We just aren't on the same page.

Norm does that. I think he's autistic.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2016, 01:47:13 am »
Oh there'll be another election.

But with tens of millions of newly minted citizens helpfully registered as democrats their outcome will be preordained.

I'm sorry I don't buy this argument. First I think it is problematic that 10's of million citizens will be newly minted,  the biggest boon to newly minted citizens in the last year was the GOP nomination of Donald Trump.

Second, getting  ones citizenship is not a trivial matter, these people for the most part spend a lot of hard earned dollars and pretty much demonstrate that they are committed to the American way of life. The GOP and many conservatives have bought into the idea that  they are here looking for a handout and they will vote for the Dims. Which is frankly flat out wrong in most cases.

Smart Conservatives (which daily becomes more of an oxymoron) should look at immigrants as a potential resource rather than writing them off as a lost cause...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #403 on: November 08, 2016, 01:48:14 am »
When 'our own' arent empowering raging liberals, sex predators and abortion backers.

@musiclady
@Norm Lenhart

Are you with Norm on this, ML?

Do you see how this is going both ways?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:48:52 am by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #404 on: November 08, 2016, 01:48:27 am »
I just won't do that myself because I cannot put my stamp of approval on someone who doesn't believe in ONE THING that I believe in.

Now now Musiclady. There is one thing. You were quite clear on the thread about the Hitlary FBI investigation that you really like the way Donny picks up beauty queens. Walking in dressing rooms while their changing and such. I was even taken back by your blunt statement but your argument was very eloquent.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #405 on: November 08, 2016, 01:48:31 am »
He's not even the biggest in New York:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-often-claimed-to-be-the-largest-real-estate-developer?utm_term=.imzxrm9aL#.opOJaoBe8

Again, you're trying to mislead. How many of those New York City real estate developers are global?

My assertion was "one of the biggest and best known real estate developers in the world"

How many people in Istanbul, Panama, Philippines, Mumbai or Uruguay know who Leffert is? But they sure as heck heard of Donald Trump. Trump has built skyscrapers in all those countries, plus many more properties.

I happen to know who the Leffert family is because I live in the city and one of their towers emblazoned with their name is in Queens near my office. Leffert is big only in New York City real estate, as are the rest of those above Mr. Trump on that list.

http://www.trump.com/real-estate-portfolio/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:12:43 am by aligncare »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2016, 01:49:11 am »
As I do you. Believe it our not, what torqued me off was Norms characterization of people like me as having abandoned my principles, making me a 'bad' conservative.

Its characteristic of this entire election season. We just aren't on the same page.

Then pleas explain to me how one can vote for a liberal while being conservative when the two are polar opposites.

The problem is you are scared and fear voting. No matter how vile a bitch Hillary is, Trump does not cure that. Trump in office only brings his own vile with him. If you cannot look your daughter in the face and say "Let random men grab your bleep", then how in the hell can you elect a man so disgusting to lead her country and rule over her?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2016, 01:50:11 am »

He is? Does he work in oil paints, water colors or more into clay modeling?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2016, 01:50:46 am »

I'm still waiting to see your license Doc.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:43 am »
Smart Conservatives (which daily becomes more of an oxymoron) should look at immigrants as a potential resource rather than writing them off as a lost cause...

I guess I'm just jaded, living hear at ground zero where I've watched my state go from purple to deep blue because of the immigration reform and control act of 86.

You guys have no idea whats coming.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:43 am »

Interpretative dance. You should see my naked rendition of a 1943 Buick.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2016, 01:54:46 am »
Now now Musiclady. There is one thing. You were quite clear on the thread about the Hitlary FBI investigation that you really like the way Donny picks up beauty queens. Walking in dressing rooms while their changing and such. I was even taken back by your blunt statement but your argument was very eloquent.

I love ya, Frank!!  ***cool cat***
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #412 on: November 08, 2016, 01:54:56 am »
Then pleas explain to me how one can vote for a liberal while being conservative when the two are polar opposites.

The problem is you are scared and fear voting. No matter how vile a bitch Hillary is, Trump does not cure that. Trump in office only brings his own vile with him. If you cannot look your daughter in the face and say "Let random men grab your bleep", then how in the hell can you elect a man so disgusting to lead her country and rule over her?

Because it DOES matter to me how vile a bitch Hillary is.

Offline chae

« Reply #413 on: November 08, 2016, 01:55:22 am »
***Sigh***

The only thing I'm positive of at this point is that regardless of the outcome of the election tomorrow, the only loser will be the American people.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #414 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:05 am »
@musiclady
@Norm Lenhart

Are you with Norm on this, ML?

Do you see how this is going both ways?

No.

And yes.

I make a clear distinction between people who are voting for Trump because they believe Hillary is worse and that it's their only option, and people who are here bashing and belittling those of us who won't sacrifice moral and political principle.

You have never been here cheerleading for Trump.  Only saying he is slightly better than Hillary.

I personally disagree with your conclusion, but I understand it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline corbe

« Reply #415 on: November 08, 2016, 01:58:57 am »
   One NY real estate mogul or another, what difference does it make.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #416 on: November 08, 2016, 01:59:41 am »

Got me again.  I'm mad at you but I still LOL at your posts.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #417 on: November 08, 2016, 01:59:45 am »
Because it DOES matter to me how vile a bitch Hillary is.

So can you look your daughter in the face and tell her you gave a sex predator the green light or not? Because ultimately thats what every Trump voter is doing. Saying that it simply does not matter to them.

HonestJohn

« Reply #418 on: November 08, 2016, 02:01:08 am »
Don't think we are the only ones upset with who our candidate is. The Democrats are dreaming of their dream ticket too.

Here is their campaign song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bL3iU69ZY

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #419 on: November 08, 2016, 02:02:07 am »
***Sigh***

The only thing I'm positive of at this point is that regardless of the outcome of the election tomorrow, the only loser will be the American people.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2016, 02:02:10 am »
No.

And yes.

I make a clear distinction between people who are voting for Trump because they believe Hillary is worse and that it's their only option, and people who are here bashing and belittling those of us who won't sacrifice moral and political principle.

You have never been here cheerleading for Trump.  Only saying he is slightly better than Hillary.

I personally disagree with your conclusion, but I understand it.

It is good to be understood. :salute:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2016, 02:02:25 am »
I guess I'm just jaded, living hear at ground zero where I've watched my state go from purple to deep blue because of the immigration reform and control act of 86.

You guys have no idea whats coming.

I don't think they do.  I'm from the next state over, down South.  The one with the Canyon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:18 am »
It is good to be understood. :salute:

I DO understand!  You, and everyone else that has made that painful decision.   :grouphug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:52 am »
Again, you're trying to mislead. How many of those New York City real estate developers are global?

My insertion was "one of the biggest and best known real estate developers in the world"

How many people in Istanbul, Panama, Philippines, Mumbai or Uruguay know who Leffert is? But they sure as heck heard of Donald Trump.

I happen to know who the Leffert family is because I live in the city and one of their towers emblazoned with their name is in Queens near my office. Leffert is big only in New York City real estate, as are the rest of those above Mr. Trump on that list.

http://www
.trump.com/real-estate-portfolio/

Trump is well known in the "world" because he's a blowhard self-promoter.  Most successful businessmen are reserved, married to the same woman their entire lives, and don't flaunt their wealth.

Trump is a man child who must constantly be "proving" himself to his dead daddy. 

Most of those men are wealthier than Trump too.   

Thankfully, I won't have to be fighting you on Trump after tomorrow night.  Now all we need from him is an ungracious, hateful concession speech to seal the image of Trump most Americans have.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #424 on: November 08, 2016, 02:06:59 am »
As for me, I believe hope springs eternal. People change. Times change. When the Federalists collapsed, the Whigs rose to take their place. When the Whigs lost their principles, along came the Republicans.

The GOP is the second-oldest political party in the world. The Democrats are the only one older. Perennial two-party systems that last a century and a half are the exception, not the norm.

Conservatism faces a challenge, to be sure, and you may be right—the Republican Party faces a dire future. But as I said, we are all rational human beings. Another poster once noted: lily-white midwestern states like Minnesota and Wisconsin vote Democrat in federal elections consistently, while majority-minority Texas is still solidly conservative. Demography is NOT destiny.

Thank you for a good post.  I do not feel the despair and pessimism that is so prevalent here lately.  I think about all the good people I know and have know throughout my life.  I believe in America's goodness and that we will get through this time and have a better future.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.