Author Topic: BREAKING....Thread 5...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON  (Read 26270 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING....Thread 5...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON
« Reply #650 on: October 25, 2023, 12:28:09 am »
US military advisers invoke lessons of Iraq in urging Israelis to avoid all-out ground assault in Gaza
CNN, Oct 24, 2023

American military officials are trying to steer Israel away from the type of brutal, urban combat the US engaged in against insurgents during the Iraq War, in an effort to keep the Israelis from getting bogged down in bloody, house-by-house fighting as they prepare for an assault on Gaza, multiple sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

In helping the Israel Defense Forces game out a number of different strategies to defeat Hamas, US military advisers on the ground in Israel are invoking lessons learned specifically from Fallujah in 2004, one of the bloodiest battles of the Iraq War.

Instead of launching a full-scale ground assault on Gaza, which could endanger hostages, civilians, and further inflame tensions in the region, US military advisers are urging Israelis to use a combination of precision airstrikes and targeted special operations raids.

They are also drawing on strategies developed during the battle by US-led coalition forces to retake the Iraqi city of Mosul from ISIS, which relied more heavily on special operations forces. Like Hamas, ISIS built tunnels throughout Mosul and used civilians as human shields, and the fight to retake the city was harder and more drawn-out than anticipated.

To help deliver this message, the Biden administration has sent a three-star Marine Corps general to counsel the IDF on planning its tactical assault. Gen. James Glynn, the former commander of Marine Forces Special Operations Command, has significant experience with urban warfare in Iraq, particularly in Fallujah, where he commanded troops during some of the bloodiest fighting there between US forces and insurgents, officials said.

More:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/24/politics/us-military-advisers-iraq-israel-ground-assault-gaza/index.html

« Reply #651 on: October 25, 2023, 12:47:53 am »
Netanyahu is tailoring a different World War II analogy to every foreign head of state who visits Israel. Today, he declares that just as the Allies supported the French Resistance, the world is uniting with Israel to fight the new Nazis

Macron appears to agree with the analogy

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1716828707577536862

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #653 on: October 25, 2023, 12:52:28 am »

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1716828707577536862

the world is uniting with Israel to fight the new Nazis

EXCELLENT observation!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #656 on: October 25, 2023, 01:07:52 am »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
5 Terrorists with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad are reported to have been Killed by an IAF Airstrike earlier tonight near the City of Jenin in the West Bank; the Terrorists are claimed to have Attacked a number of IDF Troops that were conducting a Raid near the City before they were Liquidated by an Israeli Combat Aircraft.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #657 on: October 25, 2023, 01:08:18 am »
OSINTdefender reposted
Faytuks News Δ
@Faytuks
·
1h
During the last 24 hours, #Israel|i airstrikes have been conducted in Gaza, Lebanon, Syria and the west bank.
Support the USO

« Reply #658 on: October 25, 2023, 01:09:41 am »
So Bebe is not stupid.  Good for him!

It's "BIBi"

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #660 on: October 25, 2023, 01:10:33 am »
[/b]

@Smokin Joe

God wants Israel to nuke  the  ragheads?

Sodom...Gomorrah...

(God doesn't need nukes.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #661 on: October 25, 2023, 01:10:37 am »
The Jerusalem Post
@Jerusalem_Post
·
1h
A number of Palestinians were injured in an airstrike conducted by the @IDF
 in the Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank early Wednesday morning, according to #Palestinian reports.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

« Reply #663 on: October 25, 2023, 01:12:44 am »
So Bebe is not stupid.  Good for him!

Israel should be focused on an after Boomer strategy.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #664 on: October 25, 2023, 01:19:31 am »
@mystery-ak

Please,please,PLEASE "stick to your guns on this one",and do NOT let  political pressure cause  you  to back-off.

@sneakypete

Unless Israel has continuous "Eyes in the Sky", the actual fighters that participated are long gone from the region...let alone Gaza Strip.

They utilized their maze of tunnel systems...many more than 22 ft below the surface and come up inside somebody's bedroom closet or the restroom at the petrol station.

The longer they take to respond, the more of them escape.

****  Watched an action movie ...not science fiction, where a drone camera can lock on a subject/target 'forever'.
But I doubt it would work 22 ft below ground.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #665 on: October 25, 2023, 01:24:38 am »
h ttps://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1716974678319714792

We all talked about this last evening...far as I'm concerned, Israel should consider the hostages as already 'dead'.

If Hamas is smart they will gain maximum sympathy from the public if they keep them safe & sound.

Imagine when the dust clears, and the collateral damage is observed, they march the hostages out in relatively good health. 

...but they're not. that. smart.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #666 on: October 25, 2023, 01:34:53 am »
far as I'm concerned, Israel should consider the hostages as already 'dead'.

This is what Mike keeps telling me.

American military has long helped civilians and hostages to the detriment of their own safety....our enemies have not and have no remorse using civilians to their benefit like we are seeing in the ME..this is how they take advantage of us and all civilized people.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #667 on: October 25, 2023, 01:40:47 am »
 9999hair out0000

Pelosi: We Need ‘Humanitarian Pause’ Between Israel, Hamas that Blinken Called for

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stated that while a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas is a bad idea, “what Secretary Blinken said today at the United Nations, calling for a humanitarian pause in the military action so that we can try to find a more peaceful path, and especially right away, to get more hostages freed,” is the right way to go.

While discussing calls from some Democrats for a ceasefire, Pelosi said, “Well, first, let me just say that our priority right now is to get the hostages freed. I thought that what Secretary Blinken said today at the United Nations, calling for a humanitarian pause in the military action so that we can try to find a more peaceful path, and especially right away, to get more hostages freed, not just American, although, that’s our responsibility, but all the hostages freed — a ceasefire — I think the humanitarian pause is the appropriate way to go. Look, what Hamas did was barbaric in Israel. It was barbaric. It was outside the circle of civilized human behavior. And if it happened to your family, you would want justice. I’m not talking about revenge, I want — I’m saying justice. So, there has to be some other place we go instead of just saying, let’s have a ceasefire. We had a ceasefire in May, that was broken by Hamas on October 7. So, let’s remember that. But there may be a few votes in the caucus who may not support the package, but I think, by and large, it will be overwhelmingly supported.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/24/pelosi-we-need-humanitarian-pause-between-israel-hamas-that-blinken-called-for/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #668 on: October 25, 2023, 01:42:03 am »
We all talked about this last evening...far as I'm concerned, Israel should consider the hostages as already 'dead'.

If Hamas is smart they will gain maximum sympathy from the public if they keep them safe & sound.

Imagine when the dust clears, and the collateral damage is observed, they march the hostages out in relatively good health. 

...but they're not. that. smart.

@DCPatriot

I have heard Muslims called many things,but "smart" was never one of them.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #669 on: October 25, 2023, 01:52:02 am »
This is what Mike keeps telling me.

American military has long helped civilians and hostages to the detriment of their own safety....our enemies have not and have no remorse using civilians to their benefit like we are seeing in the ME..this is how they take advantage of us and all civilized people.

The internet makes the world so small. 

Once videos of hostages' loved ones weeping/raging, it puts the American military at risk. 

And EVERYBODY has a smartphone today.

...makes me better appreciate "Kill them all and let God sort it out".

Every Israeli War in my lifetime...in their lifetime was "short and sweet".  Their military might and technology surprised even the USA and Soviet Union.

I would think their technology has advanced leaps and bounds since 1973.

NEVER AGAIN!!  Words have meaning.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #670 on: October 25, 2023, 03:12:50 am »

Well... have the Israelis invaded Gaza yet?

We've gone from
"Six Day War"
into
"Sixteen Day Wait"

... with no invasion in sight.
If they don't go in by the end of the week, my prediction is... they won't go in.
@Fishrrman
I know what you are saying. I have felt the same thing. However ...
Israel is taking Gaza down to dust, with bombings. Israel could not have done this six months before.
Hamas gave Israel the green light to destroy them.

Now, Israel has a free hand to blow the place into oblivion. Even if Hamas survives, they will rule over a trash dump.
Spy soldiers infiltrating. Everything is blown up, gone. When Israel said they will erase Hamas, they will.
But it does not necessarily mean what you think it means. Why risk soldiers when the result is the same or better.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

« Reply #671 on: October 25, 2023, 03:25:35 am »
I believe there are larger issues/players involved way beyond Gaza. Tread carefully.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #673 on: October 25, 2023, 04:17:47 am »
Wendy Patterson
@wendyp4545
·
Follow
Breaking News: John Kerry outed as another Iranian spy.  Kerry has informed Iran of over 200 Israeli covert military operations.

John Kerry should have been hung for treason 50 years ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #674 on: October 25, 2023, 04:40:46 am »
I believe there are larger issues/players involved way beyond Gaza. Tread carefully.

@DB

Yes!

Hamas/PLo/etc,etc,etc are nothing more than  expendable pawns on a board that are being used for purposes they don't even understand.

However,do NOT feel sorry for them because they are butchering lunatics on their best day. Even the people behind the  scenes that are "playing" them have no respect for them.

If you want to get serious about ending terrorism in the Muddle East as well as in Europe and the US, you are either going to have to forcibly deport immigrants from the Muddle East back to their homelands,or kill them.

There IS no in-between because  the murder of innocents is all they know.