Author Topic: Trump Comes to the Rescue of Former GOP Foe Ted Cruz in “Biggest Stadium in Texas”  (Read 12820 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Sad to see so many here have the same opinion as David Hogg. He Tweeted for support of a gofundme to finance a mobile billboard during Trump’s Texas visit. They surpassed their goal, btw.

See the lovely Trump tweet the billboard will feature right here: https://www.gofundme.com/texas-against-ted-cruz

(I would love to post the pic but for some reason my iPad isn’t cooperating today.)
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@goodwithagun

Off topic but my iPad is wonky with posting photos too. I don’t use a computer
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
H/T @goodwithagun

Thank you for posting.  Saw it in the news this morning. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

Excuse me?

I get it.

There's nothing religious about the label.  It's just a genuine coincidence that the self-appointed heirs to William Buckley sitting around in sweaters all happen to be Jewish and Ivy League educated.

And "philosophy" is a perfect description, as that's ALL they do is critique and opine.

Is George W Bush or his father Jewish? How about John McCain? I do not understand your obsession with the Jewish religion. But I think that you should get over it.

Offline jpsb

Boy, they sure do keep showing their true colors. The never ending funeral of mccain is a great example, any opportunity to bash Trump is used no matter how crass.

It's been a real pleasure to see Trump try and fulfill his campaign promises and I don't mind admitting I was wrong about him. It's a shame so many elected Pubs can't do the same and get behind him.

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Neo-Con...

I came to understand that as socially liberal Democrats but hawks on foreign policy, thus, some of these Dems left the Dem party to become Republicans. There is not one definition.

Look at that Senator from New Jersey, Menendez, he's a hawk mostly on Foreign Policy, this is why some assert the Obama administration went after him.

"Meet Obama's Frenemy: Democrat Senator Bob Menendez"
https://www.newsweek.com/meet-obamas-frenemy-sen-bob-menendez-305153

But he's still a social liberal so I don't like that, so he is in ways, a Neo-Con.

There is a lot of history here to just encapsulate it in brief, that Senator, Henry Jackson was likely a Foreign Policy Hawk and back then, could probably still be conservative on some social-type issues.

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz is suggesting that the administration may have indicted Sen. Robert Menendez for corruption as punishment for “policy differences.”

The Department of Justice indicted the New Jersey Democrat Menendez earlier this month for engaging in corruption and bribery, complete with bawdy details about foreign “girlfriends.” Menendez has been accused of accepting close to $1 million in gifts and campaign donation from Salomon Melgen, a Florida eye doctor and close friend, in exchange for his political muscle — purportedly used to help Melgen’s businesses deal with the feds and to get three of Melgen’s foreign model girlfriends U.S. visas. (RELATED: Here Are The Salacious Details Of Robert Menendez’s Indictment)

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/10/dershowitz-menendez-indictment-could-be-punishment-for-foreign-policy-opposition/

All of that scandal they tried to pen on Menendez, I'm still not convinced about it. But I'd still have a hard time, voting for him ever based on domestic type issues.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:08:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline jpsb

OK, time for you to "get over it too".  I don't live in Texas.

I do and I will be voting for Ted in nov.

Offline goodwithagun

H/T @goodwithagun

Thank you @corbe ! David Hogg, professional survivor and gun control advocate, helped raise the money needed for a mobile billboard of this Tweet to be driven around the arena when Trump is there. They actually surpassed their gofundme by $3K.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online corbe

With the extra $3k maybe he can do this one.

“Wow, Lyin' Ted Cruz really went wacko today. Made all sorts of crazy charges. Can't function under pressure - not very presidential. Sad!” Trump tweeted in May 2016.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

With the advent of fall, come the circuses

Avenatti to hold 'resistance rally' in Texas the same night as Trump's campaign rally for Cruz

By Avery Anapol - 09/02/18 12:40 PM EDT

Michael Avenatti announced Sunday that he plans to hold an event countering President Trump’s campaign rally for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) in Texas next month.

Avenatti, the lawyer representing adult-film star Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against Trump, called on his supporters to “fight fire with fire.”

“I am excited to announce that I will be leading a large resistance rally in Texas at the exact same time of Trump’s (details tba),” he tweeted. “All groups are welcome to join. We must fight fire with fire and we must send a message that we will fight to make America America again.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/404767-avenatti-to-hold-resistance-rally-in-texas-the-same-night-as-trumps

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Senate though, really does not get much done. Their voices are important, Rand Paul, Ben Sasse and so on but it is a reality that they are not passing bills, at least, very important ones.

Offline Hoodat

With the extra $3k maybe he can do this one.

“Wow, Lyin' Ted Cruz really went wacko today. Made all sorts of crazy charges. Can't function under pressure - not very presidential. Sad!” Trump tweeted in May 2016.

"Not very Presidential"?  Trump said that?  Donald Trump?

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Thank you @corbe ! David Hogg, professional survivor and gun control advocate, helped raise the money needed for a mobile billboard of this Tweet to be driven around the arena when Trump is there. They actually surpassed their gofundme by $3K.

??? What are these people thinking??  This will be a negative and not going to help in the least.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

??? What are these people thinking??  This will be a negative and not going to help in the least.

That's the point. Hogg supports Beto.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online libertybele

That's the point. Hogg supports Beto.

Gottcha.  (thank you)

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Is that an actual Tweet from Trump's thumbs or not?

Recall that we warned that Trump's petulance and inability to control himself would be ammunition and rope that he was handing his enemies.  We were dismissed as being paranoid and out of touch with the realities of political warfare and that Trump's ability to slander and belittle fellow Republicans in the campaign was a benefit, not a problem.

Trump's own tweets are now being used against a Republican candidate, something that Trump has handed the Left mountains of.

It doesn't matter that the little dweeb tyrant-wannabe supports Beto.  Trump's own words are now ammunition for the Left to be used against him and the Republicans.

This is why Character mattered.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:42:07 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

Is that an actual Tweet from Trump's thumbs or not?

Recall that we warned that Trump's petulance and inability to control himself would be ammunition and rope that he was handing his enemies.  We were dismissed as being paranoid and out of touch with the realities of political warfare and that Trump's ability to slander and belittle fellow Republicans in the campaign was a benefit, not a problem.

Trump's own tweets are now being used against a Republican candidate, something that Trump has handed the Left mountains of.

It doesn't matter that the little dweeb tyrant-wannabe supports Beto.  Trump's own words are now ammunition for the Left to be used against him and the Republicans.

This is why Character mattered.

My gut feeling is that Trump will do more harm than good to Cruz.  But ... Cruz is the one who asked for help.

Offline goodwithagun

My gut feeling is that Trump will do more harm than good to Cruz.  But ... Cruz is the one who asked for help.

Did Cruz ask for help, or is Trump jealous and in need of attention since he didn’t get face time at the event of the weekend?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Did Cruz ask for help, or is Trump jealous and in need of attention since he didn’t get face time at the event of the weekend?

During a campaign stop in Seguin late Monday, Cruz said he has reached out to his former rival for the White House to help him with his re-election effort against Democrat Beto O’Rourke.

“I would certainly welcome his support, and I hope to see him in Texas,” Cruz said, standing outside the Dixie Grill in Seguin. “I think we are likely to see the president down in Texas before the election.”

By Jeremy Wallace, Houston Chronicle Updated 6:08 pm CDT, Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@libertybele   Ya think?  I have not read where Cruz asked for Trump's help.  Maybe he did in private.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@libertybele   Ya think?  I have not read where Cruz asked for Trump's help.  Maybe he did in private.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,327566.0.html

Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas
« on: August 07, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »

Offline Frank Cannon

You really need to stop living in a fantasy and check out what is going on in the real world....

Ted Cruz Allows Last Shred of Dignity to Slip Away, Asks Trump for Help Campaigning

August 8, 2018

https://www.gq.com/story/ted-cruz-asks-trump-for-help-this-hurts-to-watch

As his lead dwindles, the Texas senator calls on the man who ruined his life.

Ted Cruz, whose once-ascendant political career has been derailed by the perfect correlation between the number of people who have heard of him and the number of people who hate his guts, managed to plumb new depths of his own crippling mediocrity this week, issuing a public request for Donald Trump's help on the campaign trail in his re-election bid against Beto O'Rourke.

“I would certainly welcome his support, and I hope to see him in Texas,” Cruz said, making a face that he hoped would betray neither his shame nor his fear to the assembled crowd. “I think we are likely to see the president down in Texas before the election.”

Offline Applewood

Offline skeeter

You really need to stop living in a fantasy and check out what is going on in the real world....

Ted Cruz Allows Last Shred of Dignity to Slip Away, Asks Trump for Help Campaigning

August 8, 2018

https://www.gq.com/story/ted-cruz-asks-trump-for-help-this-hurts-to-watch

No thanks. I'll go to GQ when I wanna know what kind of chinos I should buy.