Author Topic: Trump Comes to the Rescue of Former GOP Foe Ted Cruz in “Biggest Stadium in Texas”  (Read 12843 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pure CYA by those now claiming, "oh, Trump is now holding out an olive branch", these people treated others horrible and if they are conservatives, they sure hid it for the last 18 months, now, that it would be absurd to cling to the old position with slander may I add, now, it's a different drumbeat. Good if they have changed but their earlier position did not support conservatism or party unity at all.

Trump and Cruz have worked together for a year and a half, now the slanderers get the message?  888mouth

You don't know if some people these people tore down worked heavily for Cruz, at the least, I've got a track record of having done so.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:28:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Pure CYA by those now claiming, "oh, Trump is now holding out an olive branch", these people treated others horrible and if they are conservatives, they sure hid it for the last 18 months, now, that it would be absurd to cling to the old position with slander may I add, now, it's a different drumbeat. Good if they have changed but their earlier position did not support conservatism or party unity at all.

Trump and Cruz have worked together for a year and a half, now the slanderers get the message?  888mouth

You don't know if some people these people tore down worked heavily for Cruz, at the least, I've got a track record of having done so.

It doesn't matter at all what Cruz and Trump think or do to support each other.   The evidence is right here on TBR.  It is the voters who go to the polls and as we are divided here they are divided also.  The party is divided.  And if the saying is true divided we fall.

Right here at TBR if people mention Cruz there is reprise.  And we also still have feelings about the ugliness of Trump to Cruz.  Once the fracture occurred and continued it split voters.  That is Cruz problem.  Maybe Trump can help him or maybe he can't.  There are deeply held feelings.  And in Trumps administration we are still dividing Republicans.  Like Jeff Sessions who Trump himself hired for the job.  You can blame the "witch hunt" or get on with running the country. 

It is so tiring.  The arguments about Russia, the division in the party.  Maybe Trump could be a good president, but he is stuck on Russia and who wouldn't lie for him.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:45:47 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

It doesn't matter at all what Cruz and Trump think or do to support each other.   The evidence is right here on TBR.  It is the voters who go to the polls and as we are divided here they are divided also.  The party is divided.  And if the saying is true divided we fall.

Right here at TBR if people mention Cruz there is reprise.  And we also still have feelings about the ugliness of Trump to Cruz.  Once the fracture occurred and continued it split voters.  That is Cruz problem.  Maybe Trump can help him or maybe he can't.  There are deeply held feelings.  And in Trumps administration we are still dividing Republicans.  Like Jeff Sessions who Trump himself hired for the job.  You can blame the "witch hunt" or get on with running the country. 

It is so tiring.  The arguments about Russia, the division in the party.  Maybe Trump could be a good president, but he is stuck on Russia and who wouldn't lie for him.

....hmm... Trump isn't stuck on Russia, the corruption of the past administration and those who don't want him to succeed are stuck on Russian allegations.

As far as Trump and Cruz, I would hope that most people would have licked their wounds and moved on and realize that the left must be defeated in the mid terms. If not, all the grudges and mud slinging will be absolutely futile and issues mute.  I have absolutely no problem with Trump and Cruz being together to defeat the left.  I think they are going to make a very powerful team.

Cruz lost.  Trump won. Time to get over it and move on. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:06:42 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

....hmm... Trump isn't stuck on Russia, the corruption of the past administration and those who don't want him to succeed are stuck on Russian allegations.

A short review of President Trump's recent twitter posts reveals this as grossly inaccurate.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

And there is a difference between not wanting President Trump to succeed, and recognizing failure.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

To what end?

I'm reading essays from Republicans who are advocating that they abandon all talk of free markets, free trade, tax cuts, abortion, gay marriage and instead focus on universal healthcare, Protectionism and becoming a Worker's Party.  That to 'win' they must embrace liberalism and attract liberals and disaffected Democrats to themselves.

Apparently, to 'get over it' means to get on with becoming a Liberal Democrat party now that the Democrats have gone full-blown Marxist.

Conservatism has no home in either major Party because BOTH have repudiated and rejected it.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm not that thrilled with him.  Most Republicans in this state are liberal and I think Barletta is one of them. 

Bullshit. Lou is hard core. He will be to the right of Toomey if he wins.

I'll also add that ads are not effective until after this weekend when people are paying attention. That is usually when all the big buys are scheduled for.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:22:45 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online libertybele

To what end?

I'm reading essays from Republicans who are advocating that they abandon all talk of free markets, free trade, tax cuts, abortion, gay marriage and instead focus on universal healthcare, Protectionism and becoming a Worker's Party.  That to 'win' they must embrace liberalism and attract liberals and disaffected Democrats to themselves.

Apparently, to 'get over it' means to get on with becoming a Liberal Democrat party now that the Democrats have gone full-blown Marxist.

Conservatism has no home in either major Party because BOTH have repudiated and rejected it.

??? I am in no way advocating embracing liberalism.  I'm not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion.  Cruz is very much a conservative and President Trump is taking this country more to the right then we have been in a very long time, including the last years of 'W'.

Members of both parties may be rejecting conservatism, but right now, IMHO for the most part, that's the direction that we are heading.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
??? I am in no way advocating embracing liberalism. 

Not saying you are. I'm asking the rhetorical question after your comment that we 'need to get over it and move on' - and so I ask, to what end?

I'm not reading much if any advocacy for the return to first principles.   Instead I'm reading things like the essay I referenced.  So, if we need to 'get over' the election results and move on - to what end are we moving?

I do not see the Republican Party moving Conservative.  I'm reading the opposite in advocacy from Republicans themselves.

Cruz is very much a conservative

For the moment, yes - but if he intends to hold onto it and act in accords to his conscience he is not going to be able to do that in the Republican party for much longer.

President Trump is taking this country more to the right then we have been in a very long time, including the last years of 'W'.

I disagree with that estimation.  Trillion dollar-plus deficits, tax increases and calls to impose a new Fairness Doctrine for the internet are not exactly Conservative positions.  But then neither is universal healthcare or Workers Party stuff either, but this is where we are told the Republican party will need to focus it's promotion of.

Members of both parties may be rejecting conservatism, but right now, IMHO for the most part, that's the direction that we are heading.

We will get to judge the fruits in due course, won't we?  For now, whatever seeds of "Conservatism" Trump is sowing have yet to germinate outside of a court nomination and some EOs easily overturned. 

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

As far as Trump and Cruz, I would hope that most people would have licked their wounds and moved on and realize that the left must be defeated in the mid terms. If not, all the grudges and mud slinging will be absolutely futile and issues mute.  I have absolutely no problem with Trump and Cruz being together to defeat the left.  I think they are going to make a very powerful team.

Concede Trump won.  But he is still blatantly obvious on this website that people still hold a grudge against Cruz.  Just a fact.  We all see it all the time.  We can't say anything positive about him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Concede Trump won.  But he is still blatantly obvious on this website that people still hold a grudge against Cruz.  Just a fact.  We all see it all the time.  We can't say anything positive about him.

Well, those that live in TX that still have a grudge against Cruz have a choice; vote for Beto, hold their nose and vote for Cruz or stay home.  My hunch is that they'll vote for Cruz; especially if their illustrious leader tells them to vote for him!

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, those that live in TX that still have a grudge against Cruz have a choice; vote for Beto, hold their nose and vote for Cruz or stay home.  My hunch is that they'll vote for Cruz; especially if their illustrious leader tells them to vote for him!

I think he will win also. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
To what end?

I'm reading essays from Republicans who are advocating..

Then post those essays, so they won't be rattling around all alone, inside your skull.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

I think he will win also.

If he doesn't it will be an incredible victory for the DEMS and a tremendous upset for the GOP.

Online Hoodat

Yep.  That's the part that gets to me too.  The incessant lying.  I have long since "moved on" by supporting my President when he does something Conservative or when he is unfairly attacked.  Yet here we are two years later, and I still get bombarded with BS like 'Cruz is a RINO', or 'Cruz is an Establishment hack', or 'Cruz stabbed Trump in the back'.  Or worst of all, 'Lying Ted'.

I sincerely believe that Trump and Cruz have privately discussed the past, have made amends, and have moved on.  Yet the Trump sycophants are still stuck repeating the same lies of 2016 - effectively doing the GOPe's dirty work for them.  I truly believe that Mitch McConnell would be perfectly willing to cede that Texas Senate seat to a Democrat if it got rid of Ted Cruz.  And that goes for all his cronies on the Republican National Committee who see people like Ted Cruz and his commitment to the grass roots as their gravest threat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I truly believe that Mitch McConnell would be perfectly willing to cede that Texas Senate seat to a Democrat if it got rid of Ted Cruz.

Without question.

Have we forgotten what McConnell did to McDaniel's in concert with Democrats?

Offline goodwithagun

I don't trust Ted Cruz. He will stab president in the back,,,again.  President Trump believes in second and third chances. 
I don't.  School of hard knocks, taught me well.  That is all I have to say about TED. Time will prove it out. Ted traitor.

School of hard knocks?! Omg, you’re the Michael Scott of TBR!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't trust Ted Cruz. He will stab president in the back,,,again.  President Trump believes in second and third chances. 
I don't.  School of hard knocks, taught me well.  That is all I have to say about TED. Time will prove it out. Ted traitor.

Yeah, yeah yeah and his dad was involved in the killing of Kennedy and of course he was the liar not the liar in chief. You know you all have beat that damn horse so long and so hard all you have left is beating yourselves.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yep.  That's the part that gets to me too.  The incessant lying.  I have long since "moved on" by supporting my President when he does something Conservative or when he is unfairly attacked.  Yet here we are two years later, and I still get bombarded with BS like 'Cruz is a RINO', or 'Cruz is an Establishment hack', or 'Cruz stabbed Trump in the back'.  Or worst of all, 'Lying Ted'.

I sincerely believe that Trump and Cruz have privately discussed the past, have made amends, and have moved on.  Yet the Trump sycophants are still stuck repeating the same lies of 2016 - effectively doing the GOPe's dirty work for them.  I truly believe that Mitch McConnell would be perfectly willing to cede that Texas Senate seat to a Democrat if it got rid of Ted Cruz.  And that goes for all his cronies on the Republican National Committee who see people like Ted Cruz and his commitment to the grass roots as their gravest threat.

Exactly what I was getting at.  And the Trump supporters need Trump to come to Teds defense because they would vote for the Democrat unless Trump gave the signal.  Trumpbots that won't vote for anyone unless Trump approves of them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:20:28 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline LegalAmerican

OK, time for you to "get over it too".  I don't live in Texas. If my president Trump can work with Ted, I will support that. That is how much, I am on the RIGHT.   I will support GOP.  I have  posted, I plan to vote republican down the line and even if some are rino's, I will hold my nose and vote republican anyway.  Now, I did not say Ted is the rino, I will vote for.
That is a general statement.  I wish people would read the actual words posted and NOT put in their own ideas, of what they think the person said. Now, again, not talking about YOU. This is my general observation posting on sites.

(I am posting in the here and now, not about any other post I typed, in the past)

Online Hoodat

OK, time for you to "get over it too".

Get over what?  Get over the repetition of people like you showing up here two years after the Convention is over and still telling lies about what Ted Cruz did?  That's what I'm supposed to get over?  Your standards are whack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline montanajoe

Donny should show up at the rally, tell everyone to vote their conscience, drop the mic and walk out.

Damn, I have been avoiding Conservative sites with the McCain funeral going on and the irrational responses to such and the first thing I see is Frank @Frank Cannon saying something that makes sense.... :shrug:

Offline Absalom

You need to find a new career field @LegalAmerican

-----------------------------------
Dunno................I kinda like unrehearsed comedy skits!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

-----------------------------------
Dunno................I kinda like unrehearsed comedy skits!
****drummer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
School of hard knocks?! Omg, you’re the Michael Scott of TBR!

Is that better or worse than being Dwight Schrute?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:30:56 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goodwithagun

Is that better or worse than being Dwight Schrute?

Crap. Now I think @LegalAmerican might be the Dwight Schrute of TBR. He’s got that condescension down pat.
I stand with Roosgirl.