Author Topic: Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it  (Read 13743 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

@Hoodat

Cruz is now the Gold Standard for being a "Conservative"???  ROFLMAO!

Yeah,he might be a conservative by Texas "conservative standards",but so is the Bush Crime Family.

Not true, apples and oranges, W is on record, saying about Cruz, "I just don't like the guy".

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
In the normal sane world of 99.9% of the planet it's not an endorsement.

@txradioguy  So then what is the definition?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@Hoodat

Cruz is now the Gold Standard for being a "Conservative"???  ROFLMAO!

Yeah,he might be a conservative by Texas "conservative standards",but so is the Bush Crime Family.

**nononono*

Offline LauraTXNM

"Endorse" has a specific meaning in politics, and pretty much requires the actual use of the the word in the statement.  Now, they can express support or agree with their stance or whatever, but to endorse they must endorse.

@Sanguine So what is the definition?  I know about the specific requirements for a party to endorse a candidate.  But what is the requirement for an individual to endorse?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine So what is the definition?  I know about the specific requirements for a party to endorse a candidate.  But what is the requirement for an individual to endorse?

Laura, sorry, I'm not understanding what is not clear.  Help me?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And you don't "grab every advantage" the government offers you?   I can guarantee you're going to accept your old-age welfare (SS and Medicare) when the time comes. 

And why shouldn't a hard-working immigrant be able to educate his kids?   And get care for his kids when they get sick?   What alternative do you propose to the emergency room?   

The medical delivery system in this country is extremely divided between the haves and have nots.   In the words of the old gospel song, "If religion were a thing that money could buy,  the rich would live and the poor would die."

I think you get your joy out of being explosively offensive.  People work their entire lives paying into Social Security and Medicare.  It isn't free.  And illegal immigrants get much more than the citizens of this country.  They work the system.  If I go to the emergency room without insurance I make payments for two years.  I don't believe I have to get into detail about the social benefits that illegal immigrants rake in that citizens couldn't even touch because everyone here I am sure are aware.  If they aren't they can get the data for any state as to how much is dolled out to them at the expense of the taxpayer.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LauraTXNM

Laura, sorry, I'm not understanding what is not clear.  Help me?

@Sanguine  I think I'm the one who doesn't understand ;).  I know that for a political PARTY to endorse a candidate, the organization has to publically ANNOUNCE that they ENDORSE him, making a concrete commitment to tangible action and seconding his values.  But I've never seen a *requirement* as far as an individual having to use the term *ENDORSEMENT* in order to endorse a candidate.             

Offline Chosen Daughter

I favor getting rid of welfare for the able-bodied,  that will eliminate the need for the vast majority of immigration.

Until they do that there is no need for more immigration.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

All I know is this:  The same group who stood in solidarity with the people who booed and heckled Ted Cruz from the Republican Convention floor for not endorsing Donald Trump are now trying to claim that Ted Cruz endorsed him, just to show that Trump has Conservative creds.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think you get your joy out of being explosively offensive.  People work their entire lives paying into Social Security and Medicare.  It isn't free.  And illegal immigrants get much more than the citizens of this country.  They work the system.

He just assumes the rest of us are welfare leeches and good-little government-dependent Communists like he is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

@Sanguine Aaarrrggghhh!  I'm as clear as mud!  I thought the specific political definition of  "endorsement" applied to political parties, not to individuals.  In other words, an individual does not have to use the word -- publically campaigning for and promising to vote for a candidate met the definition.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine  I think I'm the one who doesn't understand ;).  I know that for a political PARTY to endorse a candidate, the organization has to publically ANNOUNCE that they ENDORSE him, making a concrete commitment to tangible action and seconding his values.  But I've never seen a *requirement* as far as an individual having to use the term *ENDORSEMENT* in order to endorse a candidate.           

Laura, I didn't try to define the term.  I only pointed out how it is used....or not.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Laura, I didn't try to define the term.  I only pointed out how it is used....or not.

Where the "requirement" bit come from?  Obviously something that someone other than me said.

Offline LauraTXNM

@Sanguine Political parties have rules for endorsing a candidate and bind themselves to actions by virtue of that endorsement.  It's all codified and wrangled over by lawyers ;), as in this example: http://www.atg.wa.gov/ago-opinions/elections-political-parties-endorsement-candidates-primary-election. 

I've not seen the same kind of legal requirements entailed by a politico who endorses a candidate.  I thought you meant it was a legal term.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Sanguine

So,in NT World,a vote isn't an endorsement"?

I didn't know that, really?  When I have to plug my nose and make that vote because our political system doesn't have anyone worth voting for I am endorsing them?

Offline Chosen Daughter

He just assumes the rest of us are welfare leeches and good-little government-dependent Communists like he is.

How did you do that?  You summed it up completely!!  Its that lingering sense of snobbery that stays with you after you read it.  And you know that it only comes from the Communist manifesto.

Offline LauraTXNM

How did you do that?  You summed it up completely!!  Its that lingering sense of snobbery that stays with you after you read it.  And you know that it only comes from the Communist manifesto.

@Chosen Daughter  To be fair, I think @Jazzhead was talking specifically about LEGAL immigrants.  Now, there's the idea that they shouldn't be eligible for welfare benefits for 10 years, but I thought it made sense their kids could go to school here.

Offline Hoodat

School isn't free.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter  To be fair, I think @Jazzhead was talking specifically about LEGAL immigrants.  Now, there's the idea that they shouldn't be eligible for welfare benefits for 10 years, but I thought it made sense their kids could go to school here.

And to be fair to myself and others here who have stated their belief that immigration is not needed anytime soon in this country.  We have able bodied people on welfare.  I have seen the hostile takeover of Construction of all kinds even lucrative government infrastructure jobs going to illegal aliens.  Construction, landscaping, cleaning, manufacturing.  They came for labor jobs and now they are coming for banking and even Lawyers.  I saw a story about an illegal immigrant who is a licensed lawyer in California.

If you look at the statistics on American citizens who are undereducated you would have to agree they still have to work would you not?  Or are you OK with increasing number of American citizens sitting at home waiting for the welfare check?  All of those undereducated people without college degrees have to make a living.  Many of these people have families too but have a hard time getting any of the stuff that is offered to illegal aliens.  And every job that they qualify for is flooded with illegal aliens or immigrants here on H1/2 Visa's (which BTW the government has used incorrectly to benefit corporations looking for cheap labor).  And these immigrants can accept cheap labor because we are carrying their food, health, phone etc, etc.

And with helplessness comes violence and more drugs.  The African American community has been hit hard by illegal immigration.  Don't you ever see these protests in predominantly African American cities and wonder what has happened to them?  I have a theory.  Hopelessness.  A community of people with no ties to the community.  Why would they care about the community?   They don't work in the community and there isn't any jobs for them so they might as well sell drugs, do drugs... 

Liberal politics have abandoned them and enslaved them.  They have told them they don't have to work and they have replaced them with immigrants.  Now they live there but don't really live.  And very sadly the GOP which used to be about welfare reform has settled into the immigrant trade abandoning undereducated citizens to whatever means they can to survive the rat race.  Unfortunately the drug market is increasingly drawing those people in.

Oh and since I am rambling now who do you think is paying for this tax fraud?

https://cis.org/Tax-Credits-And-Illegals

We are.

Look at this!  How is this legal?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexican-lawyer-appointed-to-california-government-job-may-be-first-illegal-immigrant-to-hold-state-post

And these statistics.  How are American citizens supposed to live?

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2016/11/03/occupations-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers/

And so finally,...........I promise I am done now... With all the illegal immigrants in the country we don't need anymore immigrants legal or illegal.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:50:52 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline LauraTXNM

@Chosen Daughter  I completely agree with what you said.  We might need to stop accepting immigrants for a few years to let everything settle and shake out.

My point was just, that if someone is here as a legal immigrant with a green card working and paying taxes, his kids should be able to go to school like everyone else.  We might want to stop new immigration, but the people who are already here and following the rules aren't to blame.  I don't think @Jazzhead was talking about illegal immigrants.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter  I completely agree with what you said.  We might need to stop accepting immigrants for a few years to let everything settle and shake out.

My point was just, that if someone is here as a legal immigrant with a green card working and paying taxes, his kids should be able to go to school like everyone else.  We might want to stop new immigration, but the people who are already here and following the rules aren't to blame.  I don't think @Jazzhead was talking about illegal immigrants.

Well, this is what Jazzhead said on page 3:

Putting aside the issue of immigrant status, is the consensus here that the welfare system should not help "low-income workers, especially those with children"?

Should we instead be encouraging those with children to not work, or those who are working in lower-paid jobs not to have children?   

To me, the greatest problem with the welfare system is that it encourages the break-up of families.   As Jason Whitlock wrote in today's WSJ:  "The welfare check, the replacement for black fathers, is liberalism's nicotine." 

-end- 

I don't have a problem with legal immigrants sending their children to school.  I do have a problem being the one to raise their families which is what we are all doing when corporations and small businesses hire cheap labor.  I will be back with something worthy of posting again.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Jazzhead @LauraTXNM Thank you both for the thoughtful posts through out this thread.  I apologize that I will not get dragged into this because it doesn't matter.  I don't believe President Trump and the GOP have the strength to push through immigration reform so the arguments will just be forgotten with time.  Still you both expressed many of my own opinions and saved me the headache of having my words ignored and twisted.  Thank you.

Big applause for President Trump for stating the truth, however unpopular it is with his own party.

Offline LauraTXNM

@Chosen Daughter  I think I agree with you about all of that!  Sorry to aggravate you ;(.

Offline Fantom

@

Big applause for President Trump for stating the truth, however unpopular it is with his own party.

I think almost everyone is ok with Legal Immigration... based on merit.  That is what President Trump said.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

after reading Trump's comments, I am at a loss for why anyone considers this a bombshell.

Of course he supports immigration.  That was never a question.

He does NOT support illegal immigration.  Does anyone have information otherwise?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington