Author Topic: Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it  (Read 13839 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Hoodat @txradioguy @Sanguine  Yes, you're right!  Here's the quote:

"I was supportive of and campaigned for President Trump in 2016, and I am very encouraged with the substantive policy victories we are getting, whether it is an historic tax cut bill, whether it is regulatory reform that’s unleashing jobs, whether it is repealing the Obamacare individual mandate — which I led the fight to do in the United States Senate — whether it is nominating and confirming strong constitutionalists to the courts.  - Cruz"
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

"I was supportive of and campaigned for President Trump in 2016, and I am very encouraged with the substantive policy victories we are getting, whether it is an historic tax cut bill, whether it is regulatory reform that’s unleashing jobs, whether it is repealing the Obamacare individual mandate — which I led the fight to do in the United States Senate — whether it is nominating and confirming strong constitutionalists to the courts.  - Cruz"

Don't Tom on me!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I favor getting rid of welfare for the able-bodied,  that will eliminate the need for the vast majority of immigration.

@dfwgator  :amen:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah how someone translates that into "I endorse Donald Trump" is beyond me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
(1)An under-educated immigration legal, or illegal, which drains resources, will not be an adequate workforce to replace or supplement a retiring boomer generation.
Only an educated workforce can do that, an there is a large example posted on how the immigrant, legal or not, generally is not educated enough, is a drain on the welfare system, and more likely to be a burden than someone native born.

888high58888

Employers favor immigration because they can hire immigrants and pay them less than they would have to pay Americans. The immigrants can afford to work cheaper because they are receiving multiple welfare benefits for them and their children,and they are used to having less.

Give them ONE generation and then they will no longer be willing to work so cheap,either,and we will have to import more,who will also refuse the low wages in one generation,leading up to import more,etc,etc,etc/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, you really don't.
The bounty of a family is not what's on the table. It's what's around the table. And there is no woman more honored, respected, and powerful, than a matriarch in the midst of her 'brood' - children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

@roamer_1

Watched a lot of "Hallmark Specials",haven't you?

I'm betting you also know no,or few,"liberated" woman or "Baby Mamma's For Profit",who live in public housing,and allow their 12 year olds to deal dope and commit armed robberies.

Some women are just as vile and evil as any man you have ever met.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Except now we pay them to stay (and vote) and no one returns home.

@skeeter

Not true. I worked with an Italian immigrant in the early 80's that had retired from a job in Italy,and then immigrated here to work in the same machine shop as me. His plan was to work here until he was old enough to start collecting SS,and then move back to Italy to retire again.

Online roamer_1

Watched a lot of "Hallmark Specials",haven't you?

@sneakypete
Well I pretty well live that way anymore. The wisdom of years.

I'm betting you also know no,or few,"liberated" woman or "Baby Mamma's For Profit",who live in public housing,and allow their 12 year olds to deal dope and commit armed robberies.

I have known enough of them to know I am right.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Not true. I worked with an Italian immigrant in the early 80's that had retired from a job in Italy,and then immigrated here to work in the same machine shop as me. His plan was to work here until he was old enough to start collecting SS,and then move back to Italy to retire again.

No doubt. But once upon a time, before the social safety net, a large percentage of mostly european immigrants repatriated themselves because they couldn't cut it here. I've heard as many as a third.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah how someone translates that into "I endorse Donald Trump" is beyond me.

@txradioguy

ROFLMAO! Good for you! Never allow the truth to interfere with your delusions!

BTW,what do you think "I was supportive of and campaigned for President Trump in 2016," means?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
Well I pretty well live that way anymore. The wisdom of years.

I have known enough of them to know I am right.

@roamer_1

Uh,huh. Do yourself a favor and admit you don't know what the HELL you are talking about on this issue. This ain't "tv shows from the 50's",this is the real world of today.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@txradioguy

BTW,what do you think "I was supportive of and campaigned for President Trump in 2016," means?

"Endorse" has a specific meaning in politics, and pretty much requires the actual use of the the word in the statement.  Now, they can express support or agree with their stance or whatever, but to endorse they must endorse.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Uh,huh. Do yourself a favor and admit you don't know what the HELL you are talking about on this issue. This ain't "tv shows from the 50's",this is the real world of today.

@sneakypete

I would argue that I am living in a much more real world than you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

I spend my life dealing with words for a living. Words have meaning.

And trying to make words mean something they don't is dishonest and borders on being a lie.

If you "endorse" someone that particular word needs to be in there somewhere in anything said that's being credited to the person who supposedly is doing the action or saying the word.

Cruz has never used the words "I endorse Donald Trump".

He never said it in 2016 and he hasn't said it for 2020.

The only people that are delusional are the one believing that he has said those words.

If he didn't say it...it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:38:40 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"Endorse" has a specific meaning in politics, and pretty much requires the actual use of the the word in the statement.  Now, they can express support or agree with their stance or whatever, but to endorse they must endorse.

Exactly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sanguine

So,in NT World,a vote isn't an endorsement"?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Sanguine

In the normal sane world of 99.9% of the planet it's not an endorsement. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I would argue that I am living in a much more real world than you.

@roamer_1

You can,but you would be wrong in the larger sense of the world. You are trying to live in America of the 1800's. That America MIGHT exist to some degree in very remote regions,but you are only ALLOWED to exist like that because nobody really cares. Once the NWO takes over,you will be loaded onto cattle trucks and learn some lessons about "what is real and what is memorex".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I don't know much about NT world, Pete, so you tell me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@roamer_1

You can,but you would be wrong in the larger sense of the world. You are trying to live in America of the 1800's. That America MIGHT exist to some degree in very remote regions,but you are only ALLOWED to exist like that because nobody really cares. Once the NWO takes over,you will be loaded onto cattle trucks and learn some lessons about "what is real and what is memorex".

Bullshit, Pete.  I don't know what your problem is today, but going after everyone who says anything even remotely pleasant is a horrible way to go through life. 

Life is pretty much what you make it.  You want to be a sour, bitter, cynical old man go for it, but don't make the mistake of thinking everyone else lives by your rules.

Online Hoodat

@Sanguine ,  But they NEED to say that Cruz endorsed Trump in order to prove him a Conservative.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine ,  But they NEED to say that Cruz endorsed Trump in order to prove him a Conservative.

Yeah, truedat.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Bullshit, Pete.  I don't know what your problem is today, but going after everyone who says anything even remotely pleasant is a horrible way to go through life. 

Life is pretty much what you make it.  You want to be a sour, bitter, cynical old man go for it, but don't make the mistake of thinking everyone else lives by your rules.

:amen:  Exactly.  I've been dealt some pretty crappy cards in life, but I refuse to treat other people like crap in return.  Funny thing about smiling at others and treating them with some kindness; a lot of times it's reciprocated.  Perhaps that smile helps someone else to have a better day.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

@sneakypete
LOL! no... If cattle cars come, I'll just walk 150 yards off my back porch and into a million square miles of boreal forest... Because I can.

And I can because I live in reality.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:30:09 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

Cruz is now the Gold Standard for being a "Conservative"???  ROFLMAO!

Yeah,he might be a conservative by Texas "conservative standards",but so is the Bush Crime Family.