Author Topic: Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it  (Read 13645 times)

Offline Fantom

I think you get your joy out of being explosively offensive.  People work their entire lives paying into Social Security and Medicare.  It isn't free.  And illegal immigrants get much more than the citizens of this country.  They work the system.  If I go to the emergency room without insurance I make payments for two years.  I don't believe I have to get into detail about the social benefits that illegal immigrants rake in that citizens couldn't even touch because everyone here I am sure are aware.  If they aren't they can get the data for any state as to how much is dolled out to them at the expense of the taxpayer.

Correct, President Trump is not saying open borders for all illegal parasites.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

after reading Trump's comments, I am at a loss for why anyone considers this a bombshell.

Of course he supports immigration.  That was never a question.

He does NOT support illegal immigration.  Does anyone have information otherwise?

And Legal  immigration that benefits US.  Merit based.... by our law and numbers WE decide upon.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter  I think I agree with you about all of that!  Sorry to aggravate you ;(.

I didn't get aggravated.  I am just frustrated.  I make my living in production.  I get tired of hearing how Americans are lazy.  It is just an excuse for corporations to hire immigrants instead of citizens.

No worries.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think almost everyone is ok with Legal Immigration... based on merit.  That is what President Trump said.
Did you read the first 7 pages?  Clearly some are not ok with the President saying we need immigration.

oh crap.

you pulled me in.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:36:38 am by Once-Ler »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Chosen Daughter  Now that I definitely agree with ;)!  Hiring under the table or undercutting wages with green cards should be considered un-American ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Correct, President Trump is not saying open borders for all illegal parasites.

They are already here.  The job market is flooded with immigrants.  Legal and illegal.  H1,2 B Visa's have been taken advantage of.  We do not need anymore immigrants to compete with for jobs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter  Now that I definitely agree with ;)!  Hiring under the table or undercutting wages with green cards should be considered un-American ;(.

Agree!  Thank you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

If you look at the statistics on American citizens who are undereducated you would have to agree they still have to work would you not?  Or are you OK with increasing number of American citizens sitting at home waiting for the welfare check?  All of those undereducated people without college degrees have to make a living.  Many of these people have families too but have a hard time getting any of the stuff that is offered

And with helplessness comes violence and more drugs.  The African American community has been hit hard by illegal immigration.  Don't you ever see these protests in predominantly African American cities and wonder what has happened to them?  I have a theory.  Hopelessness.  A community of people with no ties to the community.  Why would they care about the community?   They don't work in the community and there isn't any jobs for them so they might as well sell drugs, do drugs... 

Liberal politics have abandoned them and enslaved them.  They have told them they don't have to work and they have replaced them with immigrants.  Now they live there but don't really live.  And very sadly the GOP which used to be about welfare reform has settled into the immigrant trade abandoning undereducated citizens to whatever means they can to survive the rat race.  Unfortunately the drug market is increasingly drawing those people in.

You realize, do you not, that black and minority unemployment is currently reported to be at record lows?

Immigrants aren't bogeymen. What they ARE willing to do is relocate, to go where the jobs are. 

Sure, they take advantage of the system, but so do you and me. Does it offend you that you receive copious amounts of government assistance just as you accuse immigrants of accepting?   Good.   It is about time that we understood that we cannot get a handle on entitlements because we all have our fingers in the pie.     

No one condones paying workers, native or foreign born, under the table.   Employers create the market for immigrant labor;  they ought to be the focus of reform and punishment,  not the hard-working chap who responds rationally to the demand for his services.

I understand the need to address the shift in the economy away from blue collar jobs.  The problem is globalism, not immigration.  Immigrants haven't caused factories to close,  but rather cheap labor from outside American borders.     
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:00:20 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

You realize, do you not, that black and minority unemployment is currently reported to be at record lows?

Immigrants aren't bogeymen. What they ARE willing to relocate, to go where the jobs are. 

Sure, they take advantage of the system, but so do you and me. Does it offend you that you receive copious amounts of government assistance just as you accuse immigrants of accepting?   Good.   It is about time that we understood that we cannot get a handle on entitlements because we all have our fingers in the pie.     

No one condones paying workers, native or foreign born, under the table.   Employers create the market for immigrant labor;  they ought to be the focus of reform and punishment,  not the hard-working chap who responds rationally to the demand for his services.

I understand the need to address the shift in the economy away from blue collar jobs.  The problem is globalism, not immigration.  Immigrants haven't caused factories to close,  but rather cheap labor from outside American borders.   

I have never used the ignore but if I ever could have it would have been now.  You can't dress up your horse crap.  Horse crap is horse crap.  You have already spilled your Americans are lazy blah, blah, blah.  I have never heard you say that Americans are hard working chaps, right chap?  I have news for you there are always going to be undereducated citizens that need jobs.

And I am not receiving any benefits.  Don't have my hand in anything.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:01:57 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I have never used the ignore but if I ever could have it would have been now.  You can't dress up your horse crap.  Horse crap is horse crap.  You have already spilled your Americans are lazy blah, blah, blah.  I have never heard you say that Americans are hard working chaps, right chap?  I have news for you there are always going to be undereducated citizens that need jobs.

And I am not receiving any benefits.  Don't have my hand in anything.

Insults and virtue signaling - is that all you've got?   

The facts are that in the current economy folks who want to work - who are willing to go to where the jobs are - are increasingly able to find jobs.   Black and other minority unemployment is now at record lows.   

That's all good - unless you're an employer who cannot find the reliable help it needs.   President Trump is correct -  immigration is necessary to keep the economy healthy and growing.

And we all take advantage of government entitlement programs and government benefits.    It is frustrating to listen to folks complain about "welfare" and immigrants "taking advantage" of us while at the same time claiming they've "earned" their Social Security.    We all pay taxes while working adults to fund the spending of government,  and when we're not working most all of us take advantage of that spending.  From free public education to subsidized college to unemployment compensation to disability benefts to lifetime old-age pensions and Medicare.   These are all middle class entitlements, and they're all expensive.     

There's nothing wrong with that reality,  except in having to listen to folks like yourself claim your dubious virtue while berating others. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:20:11 am by Jazzhead »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And Legal  immigration that benefits US.  Merit based.... by our law and numbers WE decide upon.
agreed
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not true, apples and oranges, W is on record, saying about Cruz, "I just don't like the guy".

@GrouchoTex

That is to Cruz's credit,but how do we know if the dislike is personal,based on political differences,or both? After all,Cruz is competing with JEB and the other Bush Crime Family members for swimming room in the same pool.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Chosen Daughter   @Jazzhead

People work their entire lives paying into Social Security and Medicare.

SOME people work and pay into the system for their whole lives,and don't begin to collect from it until they are 62 or 65.

OTHER people just jump right onto the Medical Gravy Train without buying a ticket,or even paying a dime into the system AFTER they start benefiting from it.

It isn't free.

It is to illegal alien children,and by extension,to their parents. Once a family member is on the system,they can claim other members of their immediate family as dependents. After all,a child can't take care of his or her self,so their caretakers have to be paid.

This works the same way when a child of illegal aliens is born on US soil. The child gets "instant citizenship" and thereby is a sponsor for the parents who are both dependent on the new citizen,as wall as caretakers of the new citizen.

This is why the so-called "Anchor System Baby" system MUST be ended!

And illegal immigrants get much more than the citizens of this country.  They work the system.

Yes,and religious organizations like the Catholic Church make billions each year for "helping them understand and benefit from the system. Which is why the current system was created to start with. The local archdiocese in San Francisco tried to get away with not paying the same benefits to same-sex married couples in SF that they paid to married couples,and Willie Brown shut they down over it when he was mayor. If they didn't pay same-sex couples,they got no city contracts. The Catholic Church took the city to court to sue based on the grounds same-sex marriages were against their religious convictions,and forcing them to recognize them as marriages and forcing them to pay the benefits was un-Constitutional.  The court ruled against them,finding that the Catholic Church had a choice to either accept or not accept city contracts,so they were not being forced to do anything.

Guess what? Their strong moral and religious convictions were thrown out the window and they started paying benefits to same-sex couples.

It was either that,or lose 5 MILLIONS DOLLARS A YEAR  in city contracts. And remember,this was 5 million bucks a year 20 years ago when a million bucks meant something.

Also note,this was the money the Catholic Church would have lost from just ONE city. Imagine the amount they pull in from providing social services to every medium to large city in the country!

The current system is upside down. It is the legal and illegal aliens that get the first class tickets,and the citizens who pay all the bills and then can't afford to pay their own.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Sanguine Aaarrrggghhh!  I'm as clear as mud!  I thought the specific political definition of  "endorsement" applied to political parties, not to individuals.  In other words, an individual does not have to use the word -- publically campaigning for and promising to vote for a candidate met the definition.

@LauraTXNM

It does unless you are from Texas,and you are talking about a Texan homie. Texans thing they are "special". So do the rest of us,but "special" in a different way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I didn't know that, really?  When I have to plug my nose and make that vote because our political system doesn't have anyone worth voting for I am endorsing them?

@Chosen Daughter

Yes. Otherwise,why vote for them?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
School isn't free.

@Hoodat

Even if it were,we wouldn't be getting our money's worth. Children are graduating that can't read or write,and have learned not one single damn thing beyond how to score drugs and get laid.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Chosen Daughter  I completely agree with what you said.  We might need to stop accepting immigrants for a few years to let everything settle and shake out.

@LauraTXNM

We should stop allowing immigrants,PERIOD! The only ones we should allow into the country are the ones that have special skills the country needs.

We already have our full quota of home-grown parasites. We don't need any more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think almost everyone is ok with Legal Immigration... based on merit.  That is what President Trump said.

@Fantom

WRONG! Not only do uber-wealthy organizations like the Catholic Church want us bringing in the needy by the boat and trainload,but so do politicians in western states. How else can they buy the votes without having to spend their own money?

But make no mistake about it,the major villains that are pushing this are the organized religions that run charities for fun and profit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Insults and virtue signaling - is that all you've got?   

The facts are that in the current economy folks who want to work - who are willing to go to where the jobs are - are increasingly able to find jobs.   Black and other minority unemployment is now at record lows.   

That's all good - unless you're an employer who cannot find the reliable help it needs.   President Trump is correct -  immigration is necessary to keep the economy healthy and growing.

And we all take advantage of government entitlement programs and government benefits.    It is frustrating to listen to folks complain about "welfare" and immigrants "taking advantage" of us while at the same time claiming they've "earned" their Social Security.    We all pay taxes while working adults to fund the spending of government,  and when we're not working most all of us take advantage of that spending.  From free public education to subsidized college to unemployment compensation to disability benefts to lifetime old-age pensions and Medicare.   These are all middle class entitlements, and they're all expensive.     

There's nothing wrong with that reality,  except in having to listen to folks like yourself claim your dubious virtue while berating others.

You are the one to ask about throwing insults?  You have no leg to stand on.

All of those things you mentioned are part of a system for citizens.  We pay into them every paycheck.  I don't just come here and get them.  Some people do I am sure take advantage of disability.  But it isn't easy to get.  Unemployment seems essential since the government wants to replace us with immigrants legal and illegal.  You have a problem with that?  Yes I have heard Republicans complain about unemployment but they continue just like the liberals to increase H1-B and cater to corporations who have no reason other than cheap labor to put Americans out of work.  Move on your argument is old and it is obvious that you have an agenda.

Offline skeeter

You are the one to ask about throwing insults?  You have no leg to stand on.

All of those things you mentioned are part of a system for citizens.  We pay into them every paycheck.  I don't just come here and get them.  Some people do I am sure take advantage of disability.  But it isn't easy to get.  Unemployment seems essential since the government wants to replace us with immigrants legal and illegal.  You have a problem with that?  Yes I have heard Republicans complain about unemployment but they continue just like the liberals to increase H1-B and cater to corporations who have no reason other than cheap labor to put Americans out of work.  Move on your argument is old and it is obvious that you have an agenda.

Equating things like social security for retirees who've paid into the system their entire lives and taking the mortgage interest deduction (while paying ridiculously exorbitant property taxes) with an illegal, or even a newly arrived legal alien, putting themselves, their kids and granny on public assistance is an old leftwing rhetorical tactic.

And its just as honest as most of the other debate tactics they use.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:55:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And we all take advantage of government entitlement programs and government benefits.

Just because you do and lie to yourself that everyone does it, does not mean the rest of us do.

It is frustrating to listen to folks complain about "welfare" and immigrants "taking advantage" of us while at the same time claiming they've "earned" their Social Security.

Most of us have had an incredible amount of money taken out of our paychecks since we were in our teens for SoSec, and the program was sold and promoted as a guaranteed pension program.  So yes, we 'earned it'.

However, some of us were smart enough to know that the government raided and spent it all on themselves and that there  was not going to be any benefits by the time we retired.

So I made other plans for my future while your government continues to rob me at gunpoint.

We all pay taxes while working adults to fund the spending of government,

The greatest evil and bane to liberty on the planet.

From free public education to subsidized college to unemployment compensation to disability benefts to lifetime old-age pensions and Medicare.   These are all middle class entitlements, and they're all expensive. 

There is no such thing as 'free'.  'Free public Communist indoctrination K-12' runs a parent an average of $800-$2000 per year in registration, fees, books, and other requirements if your income is middle class level.  Only illegals, the poor and the welfare leeches get 'free' at the expense of everyone else, even if they do not have children.  Meanwhile parents who work and own a house are required to PAY for 'FREE' publik screwel.  So you can shove your stereotype just because you and yours sponge off it.

You got a lot of nerve to make that statement .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:09:28 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
.  But it isn't easy to get.  Unemployment seems essential since the government wants to replace us with immigrants legal and illegal.  You have a problem with that?  Yes I have heard Republicans complain about unemployment but they continue just like the liberals to increase H1-B and cater to corporations who have no reason other than cheap labor to put Americans out of work.  Move on your argument is old and it is obvious that you have an agenda.

Oh, stop it with your ridiculous paranoia and prejudice.   The real story can be found in today's Wall Street Journal,  in a news article entitled "For Unemployed, Now is a Good Time to Get Hired".

There was essentially one job opening for every unemployed person in America in March of 2018:

The number of unfilled jobs U.S. employers had at the end of March rose to a record high of 6.55 million, the Labor Department said Tuesday.   There were just 6.59 million unemployed Americans that month, creating the narrowest gap between available jobs and those actively seeking work in nearly two decades of recordkeeping."  

So hop to it, lazy Americans.   The jobs are out there, and these are legal jobs, paying at least the minimum wage.  If these jobs are beneath you, then fine, but the dignity of work is out there for those willing to get off their asses. 

Meanwhile employers may turn to immigrants - those with the skills, drive, ambition and work ethic that too many Americans lack.  Offended by that statement?  Then explain to me the difference between the 80 million unemployed Americans alleged by @Chosen Daughter and the 6.59 million Americans that the DOL counts as "actively looking for work".     
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:39:41 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Oh, stop it with your ridiculous paranoia and prejudice.   The real story can be found in today's Wall Street Journal,  in a news article entitled "For Unemployed, Now is a Good Time to Get Hired".

There was essentially one job opening for every unemployed person in America in March of 2018:

So hop to it, lazy Americans.   The jobs are out there, and these are legal jobs, paying at least the minimum wage.  If these jobs are beneath you, then fine, but the dignity of work is out there for those willing to get off their asses. 

Meanwhile employers may turn to immigrants - those with the skills, drive, ambition and work ethic that too many Americans lack.   If they do,  then so be it.

@Jazzhead
A simplistic view but thats not a suprise.

You're racism is tiring.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You got a lot of nerve to make that statement .

Damn right I've got the nerve.  Virtue-signaling is cheap, bub.   There's a reason why entitlement reform has been called the third rail of American politics.  We ALL feed at the government trough,  liberal and conservative alike.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
A simplistic view but thats not a suprise.

You're racism is tiring.

Racism against who?  Lazy Americans?