Author Topic: Trump floats canceling White House press briefings  (Read 9134 times)

Offline berdie

Re: Trump floats canceling White House press briefings
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2017, 07:42:15 pm »
Berdie, glad you signed up.  And it is interesting.  There is quite a diversity of opinion here.

I think what offended our friend who made the original post criticizing the site is the relentless drum beat of the few NeverTrumpers here.  It's like the bell curve.  At one end are the really bitter and hate filled Never Trumpers who will despise Trump until he dies or they do.  At the other end are the Trump worshippers who still think Trump is the second coming and in the middle are the rest of us.

I'm in the part of the spectrum of people who want Trump to succeed for the sake of the Country and the Republican Party.

I guess I would fall in the middle. I neither loathe Trump...nor adore him. I pretty well judge him on his actions. Some make me shake my head...some make me pretty happy. Although I didn't go skipping merrily to the polls to vote for him...the thought of Hillary scared the socks right off of me.

That being said...I enjoy reading both sides of a position. Even the extreme ones. Although I generally have an opinion, I have never met anyone I didn't learn something from. At the very least, something said might cause me to do some research.

Like I said, the diverse opinions here are what attracted me. The site is sure not dull!

Online corbe

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2017, 09:02:20 pm »
I guess I would fall in the middle. I neither loathe Trump...nor adore him. I pretty well judge him on his actions. Some make me shake my head...some make me pretty happy. Although I didn't go skipping merrily to the polls to vote for him...the thought of Hillary scared the socks right off of me.

That being said...I enjoy reading both sides of a position. Even the extreme ones. Although I generally have an opinion, I have never met anyone I didn't learn something from. At the very least, something said might cause me to do some research.

Like I said, the diverse opinions here are what attracted me. The site is sure not dull!

Welcome @berdie and Thank you for sharing the reasoned, balanced opinion that you have of this Forum, The happiest, most Dysfunctional family that possibly make sense, on the net.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:02:56 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2017, 09:56:57 pm »
   Welcome @berdie and Thank you for sharing the reasoned, balanced opinion that you have of this Forum, The happiest, most Dysfunctional family that possibly make sense, on the net.

I suspect many of us would be perfectly happy in the company of each other in real life. And some of us would be good friends. Many of us have a lot in common and talking only politics exaggerates the differences.

Offline berdie

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »

Thank you.  Truthfully this forum reminds me of my family sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner. Even though I might say...There will be NO food fights or insults...some how everyone ends up in the back yard dukin' it out. Well, at least they aren't in the front yard. :laugh:

I guess the forum makes me feel "homey" or somethin'.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2017, 10:08:04 pm »
Thank you.  Truthfully this forum reminds me of my family sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner. Even though I might say...There will be NO food fights or insults...some how everyone ends up in the back yard dukin' it out. Well, at least they aren't in the front yard. :laugh:

I guess the forum makes me feel "homey" or somethin'.

Our Thanksgiving fights are like that here, except we have a couple of uncles trying to disown people out of the family. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2017, 11:18:05 pm »
Our Thanksgiving fights are like that here, except we have a couple of uncles trying to disown people out of the family.

I don't think that it would be a true Thanksgiving without an uncle or two waving around their canes at everybody else. :laugh:

Heck...I've  been disinvited myself. ^-^

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2017, 11:28:32 pm »
I don't think that it would be a true Thanksgiving without an uncle or two waving around their canes at everybody else. :laugh:

Heck...I've  been disinvited myself. ^-^

Well, I'm glad you're here.  Don't let anybody chase you off for failing to be obsequious.  You and @Old Warrior in Exile are great additions to the family.  Never underestimate the value of a good right hook!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2017, 06:22:47 am »
WTH did you put in your coffee this morning?    :laugh:

I gave up drinking booze and moved on to huffing oven cleaner.  I'm scanning twitter and think maybe I should have bought the "Heavy Duty/Deep Cleaning" stuff instead of regular strength.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »
I don't want to fight on Facebook about politics because I have friends and family there and I don't want to discuss politics with my actual family because I want to be taken to the Four Seasons for brunch on Mothers Day (like I was yesterday).  Also I want my son-in-law to come over to help me with stuff on a moment's notice.

So I enjoy being able to express my sometimes irritating positions here where no one can actually get at me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:09 pm »
I don't want to fight on Facebook about politics because I have friends and family there and I don't want to discuss politics with my actual family because I want to be taken to the Four Seasons for brunch on Mothers Day (like I was yesterday).  Also I want my son-in-law to come over to help me with stuff on a moment's notice.

So I enjoy being able to express my sometimes irritating positions here where no one can actually get at me.

Dittos on the Bookface.  I used to, but cleaned all that out, deleted the account and started fresh.  The deciding factor was when the Lavender Mafia got hold of my name and started getting me thrown off for nothing.  I decided it was time to go dark and get gone.  I'm back under a different version of my name, and I just talk about kittens now.

When it comes to finding a place to vent my political spleen, this is it, you're in the right place.  They don't throw me off like Bookface and TOS used to.  Much better caliber of moderating going on here.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »
I gave up drinking booze and moved on to huffing oven cleaner.  I'm scanning twitter and think maybe I should have bought the "Heavy Duty/Deep Cleaning" stuff instead of regular strength.

Definitely go with the HD next time.  It's a harsher mellow.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2017, 08:01:55 pm »
Dittos on the Bookface.  I used to, but cleaned all that out, deleted the account and started fresh.  The deciding factor was when the Lavender Mafia got hold of my name and started getting me thrown off for nothing.  I decided it was time to go dark and get gone.  I'm back under a different version of my name, and I just talk about kittens now.

When it comes to finding a place to vent my political spleen, this is it, you're in the right place.  They don't throw me off like Bookface and TOS used to.  Much better caliber of moderating going on here.

Truth is....we don't need moderators.

Until last year, we basically moderated ourselves.

The topic of 'Trump' aside, it's not that difficult to do.   

There always seems to be a RESPECTED member or three, online at all times,with the temperaments to rein in people when they go insane. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06:12 pm »
Truth is....we don't need moderators.

Until last year, we basically moderated ourselves.

The topic of 'Trump' aside, it's not that difficult to do.   

There always seems to be a RESPECTED member or three, online at all times,with the temperaments to rein in people when they go insane.

I don't seem them much, which is a good thing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2017, 08:11:32 pm »
or he could stop saying stupid things

That would be the best thing.  What he's proposing isn't going to do him any favors with an already hostile media.  He needs to kill them with kindness...make them look stupid for being so awful in what they write by being more than gracious more than nice to them.

Slinging insults and veiled threats on twitter is not and never will work.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2017, 08:11:39 pm »
I don't seem them much, which is a good thing.

Hey is Lavender Mafia anything like the Kotex Mafia?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:22 pm »
Hey is Lavender Mafia anything like the Kotex Mafia?

Yes.  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:55 pm »
Yes.  :whistle:

Okey dokey then!  If you want me to run the play as called you can't be changing the hole numbers coach!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2017, 08:20:58 pm »
Okey dokey then!  If you want me to run the play as called you can't be changing the hole numbers coach!

Sorry.  I always get the freaks confused with each other.  From where I sit there's not a lot of functional difference between the two.  :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2017, 08:23:57 pm »
Sorry.  I always get the freaks confused with each other.  From where I sit there's not a lot of functional difference between the two.  :tongue2:

True.  every 28 days it's always a crapshoot who will try and kneecap you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2017, 08:25:33 pm »
True.  every 28 days it's always a crapshoot who will try and kneecap you.

If that's the difference, then I have to say the Lavender Mafia is 28X worse, because they're OTR all month.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 08:27:45 pm »
If that's the difference, then I have to say the Lavender Mafia is 28X worse, because they're OTR all month.   :shrug:

Well, that's assuming they all don't start to cycle at the same day of the month!  :smokin:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »
Well, that's assuming they all don't start to cycle at the same day of the month!  :smokin:

Don't go assuming their genders like that, dude.   22222frying pan
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 11:16:37 pm »
I'll always remember Pat Cadell saying one day quite a while back that he always regretted that he spent two years alienated from his parents over fight about the Viet Nam War.

My way of responding to family members:

Them:  "I love Trump."

Me:  "Yes, he's really something, isn't he?"

Them:  "I hate Trump."

Me:  "I hear you."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 11:31:15 pm »
I'll always remember Pat Cadell saying one day quite a while back that he always regretted that he spent two years alienated from his parents over fight about the Viet Nam War.

My way of responding to family members:

Them:  "I love Trump."

Me:  "Yes, he's really something, isn't he?"

Them:  "I hate Trump."

Me:  "I hear you."

That's me.  Ever since Clinton I've learned to be slippery when they try to nail me down on something, without lyng.  I just won't discuss it, and I have the best of reasons:  Keeping the peace in front of Grandma.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:37 am »
That's me.  Ever since Clinton I've learned to be slippery when they try to nail me down on something, without lyng.  I just won't discuss it, and I have the best of reasons:  Keeping the peace in front of Grandma.

Don't alienate people you love over politics.  It isn't as if anything you said would change minds.