Author Topic: Trump floats canceling White House press briefings  (Read 9093 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump floats canceling White House press briefings
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2017, 11:02:37 pm »
So the smart ass name calling of conservatives "liberals", which you "dittoed", and "Hillary supporters" which they are clearly neither of doesn't count in your mind... Perhaps with some careful attention you would recognize the hypocrisy of it all.
My words:

"In my own words, put me down for "#nasty #nevertrumps" have changed the nature of the site for the worse, and made smart-ass name calling the norm, instead of the exception.

I think that sums up the meaning of the post which I agreed with. If you pay careful attention you will observe that several people are making the same claim."

Any comments on MY WORDS?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2017, 04:50:18 am »
I use to love coming here it was truly conservatives here now mostly liberals. I agree with the same people I always did but most are gone now and no where on this site anymore. You hate Trump for the most part and I am thrilled he is in nothing would have gotten done if a strong person hadn't won he still has a ways to go but he is not a bleep taking all the shit most of you put out about him. There are a lot of people thrilled with him forget your polls I believe none of them and what is happening now show they are no good. You have ruined a good site but luckily I have all my friends that are logical common sense people thousands of them and I stay over on facebook with them now and avoid this crap you give out. Have fun sounding a bit paranoid about Trump you do sound silly.

I am, obviously, a new poster here.  After lurking for many months the diversity of opinions is what enticed me to sign up. Let's face it...it's interesting.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:53:02 am by berdie »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2017, 05:04:56 am »
I am, obviously, a new poster here.  After lurking for many months the diversity of opinions is what enticed me to sign up. Let's face it...it's interesting.

Welcome!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline berdie

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2017, 05:06:54 am »
DT's claim to fame is he effing won, which is not the case for any other candidate, democrat or Republican.

Such a simple concept need not be so hard to understand.

Republicans/conservatives bitching and moaning about him, are illogical. He is trying to do most of the things they have been asking for, for many years.

So you don't think anyone should question him? Heck, I see people still on W's or Clinton's or FDR's....or...well you get my drift.

What I see that he has mostly accomplished are by EOs that can be repealed by the next president if they choose to do so.  Don't get me wrong...I like what he is trying to do. But how long will it last?

Offline berdie

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2017, 08:38:07 am »

Boy....and I mean "BOY".....I hope @mystery-ak suspends your sorry a$$.   

@raml is 72 and doesn't deserve to be treated like that.  By anyone...let alone the likes of you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:16:41 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2017, 09:10:53 am »
Boy....and I mean "BOY".....I hope @mystery-ak suspends your sorry a$$.   

@raml is 72 and doesn't deserve to be treated like that.  By anyone...let alone the likes of you.

I'm tired of the whining on this site. Mystery has said she will respect all viewpoints, so don't try and turn this into a pro-Trump only echo chamber that FR. BTW, I deleted my comment.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2017, 10:02:36 am »

Welcome  :seeya:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2017, 10:07:09 am »
I use to love coming here it was truly conservatives here now mostly liberals. I agree with the same people I always did but most are gone now and no where on this site anymore. You hate Trump for the most part and I am thrilled he is in nothing would have gotten done if a strong person hadn't won he still has a ways to go but he is not a bleep taking all the shit most of you put out about him. There are a lot of people thrilled with him forget your polls I believe none of them and what is happening now show they are no good. You have ruined a good site but luckily I have all my friends that are logical common sense people thousands of them and I stay over on facebook with them now and avoid this crap you give out. Have fun sounding a bit paranoid about Trump you do sound silly.

@raml , I agree with what @Emjay said a few posts below yours.

I for one like reading your comments, and would miss you Sir, if you left. I think a lot of people here would truly miss you.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2017, 10:46:51 am »
I'm tired of the whining on this site. Mystery has said she will respect all viewpoints, so don't try and turn this into a pro-Trump only echo chamber that FR. BTW, I deleted my comment.

Thank you. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2017, 12:15:36 pm »
My words:

"In my own words, put me down for "#nasty #nevertrumps" have changed the nature of the site for the worse, and made smart-ass name calling the norm, instead of the exception.

I think that sums up the meaning of the post which I agreed with. If you pay careful attention you will observe that several people are making the same claim."

Any comments on MY WORDS?

I am #Nevertrump.  I have watched President Trump destroy the GOP, and now I am watching him destroy our country.  Half of America Hates Trump, and in my opinion much more vehemently than the GOP hated Obama.  I was impressed with the Tea Party marches until I saw millions of uterus hats.

I could be wrong.  I won't pretend I saw President Trump winning in Nov, but I can't reject what I see with my own eyes and I see a rudderless nation drifting in an ocean of circumstances.  I believe President Trump talks a great game and speaks to his supporters in a language so simplistic that it can be interpreted to mean whatever they want to hear.  I have yet to see tangible results, what I do see is chaos.  At best incompetence, and at worse corruption.

I'll give Trump credit for decisive action in Syria, and nominating Gorsuch, but I credit McConnell and the GOP with confirming him.  Aside from that the Great Negotiator has been a failure so far. 

During the elections Trump promised that repealing Obamacare would be easy.  He also promised a tax cut, and to protect the unborn.  Trump's first test was the CR and he failed to negotiate anything.  I could have voted for Hitlery if I wanted CRs...I think that is all the GOP passed under Obama.

I hope my comments have not changed the nature of the site for the worse.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:18:29 pm by Once-Ler »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2017, 12:28:19 pm »
I am #Nevertrump.  I have watched President Trump destroy the GOP, and now I am watching him destroy our country.  Half of America Hates Trump, and in my opinion much more vehemently than the GOP hated Obama.  I was impressed with the Tea Party marches until I saw millions of uterus hats.

I could be wrong.  I won't pretend I saw President Trump winning in Nov, but I can't reject what I see with my own eyes and I see a rudderless nation drifting in an ocean of circumstances.  I believe President Trump talks a great game and speaks to his supporters in a language so simplistic that it can be interpreted to mean whatever they want to hear.  I have yet to see tangible results, what I do see is chaos.  At best incompetence, and at worse corruption.

I'll give Trump credit for decisive action in Syria, and nominating Gorsuch, but I credit McConnell and the GOP with confirming him.  Aside from that the Great Negotiator has been a failure so far. 

During the elections Trump promised that repealing Obamacare would be easy.  He also promised a tax cut, and to protect the unborn.  Trump's first test was the CR and he failed to negotiate anything.  I could have voted for Hitlery if I wanted CRs...I think that is all the GOP passed under Obama.

I hope my comments have not changed the nature of the site for the worse.

Luv you, brother, but I had to stop reading after the 'bold'.

1) Donald Trump is EXPANDING the Republican Party.   The DEMS have gone full blown Commie.

2) "...destroy the country"?

WTH did you put in your coffee this morning?    :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:29:12 pm by DCPatriot »

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2017, 12:30:51 pm »
I am #Nevertrump.  I have watched President Trump destroy the GOP, and now I am watching him destroy our country.

I am not #nevertrump, just a hold your noser who half regrets his vote. I agree with everything you said about Trump, however, Trump did not and cannot destroy the country, at least not on his own. While I believe the nation is being destroyed, Trump is a symptom, not the cause.

The founders said something about the Constitution being defenseless against a wicked people. Well that time may be here.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2017, 12:33:14 pm »
I am not #nevertrump, just a hold your noser who half regrets his vote. I agree with everything you said about Trump, however, Trump did not and cannot destroy the country, at least not on his own. While I believe the nation is being destroyed, Trump is a symptom, not the cause.

The founders said something about the Constitution being defenseless against a wicked people. Well that time may be here.

You are FOS!     *****rollingeyes*****

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2017, 12:53:42 pm »

Of course I do but in a civil and polite tone....raml [or anyone for that matter] did not deserve that post!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2017, 12:59:18 pm »

You are FOS!     *****rollingeyes*****

Thank you for that polite and civil response.  :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2017, 01:14:13 pm »
Thank you for that polite and civil response.  :laugh:

Stop playing games, @Weird Tolkienish Figure

You get responses from me in the same exact tone you deliver them to me. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2017, 01:15:58 pm »
 :facepalm:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »
Of course I do but in a civil and polite tone....raml [or anyone for that matter] did not deserve that post!

I'll remove the quote in my reply, @mystery-ak

No mother should have to read that crap....especially today.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2017, 05:16:36 pm »

Berdie, glad you signed up.  And it is interesting.  There is quite a diversity of opinion here.

I think what offended our friend who made the original post criticizing the site is the relentless drum beat of the few NeverTrumpers here.  It's like the bell curve.  At one end are the really bitter and hate filled Never Trumpers who will despise Trump until he dies or they do.  At the other end are the Trump worshippers who still think Trump is the second coming and in the middle are the rest of us.

I'm in the part of the spectrum of people who want Trump to succeed for the sake of the Country and the Republican Party. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2017, 05:19:26 pm »
In my own words, put me down for "#nasty #nevertrumps" have changed the nature of the site for the worse, and made smart-ass name calling the norm, instead of the exception.

Name-calling was the first response of the pro-Trump side from the very start. That the Trump-side now complains about it is hilarious.

geronl

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2017, 05:22:52 pm »
I use to love coming here it was truly conservatives here now mostly liberals.

We liberals, in your opinion, are the ones who object to trillion dollar stimulus plans, object to not repealing ObamaCare, object to funding Planned Parenthood... right?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2017, 05:42:16 pm »
The holier than thou folks who 'only want the best for America' and therefore just support DT in all his endeavors are quick to attack anyone with a differing opinion on the actions of the man in the White House.
Evidently, the cult must prevail............
   Many people are not convinced that DT is what is best for America or the free world and by conscience feel compelled to speak out.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2017, 06:13:08 pm »
As Hamlet said to Ophelia, "I did love you once."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2017, 06:31:24 pm »
Name-calling was the first response of the pro-Trump side from the very start. That the Trump-side now complains about it is hilarious.

Perhaps you should have just shouted "THEY started it, mom!"

Or the old standby of "I know what I am but what are you."

Seriously, though. Grow up.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain